Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
carol

Orlando, FL

#801585 Nov 10, 2012
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah!
They will.
carol: 1955 the time I love. Abortion illegal. No Medicare. No social security. Everyone in church and working. Blissful times. America building interstates, dams, schools, housing.....affordable for all. Most people covered on med plan at job. No gov national debt. Bliss!
Hey carol: 1955: top earners "happily" paid a fed tax rate of 60%. After all deductions.
Republicans have wittled that down to Mitt's current 13.9%!
And still you cry for more tax cuts!
National Debt went from zero to $16 trillion during this right wing experiment.
Wealth went up in the richest......down for everyone else.
These are facts: something you refuse to comprehend.
Right wing policies have created an unhealthy economy.
THAT'S WHY WE FIXED IT! OBAMA WINS AGAIN.
If only the CBO hadn't predicted the economy will grow by 0.05% instead of 1.7% which is necessary to stay afloat if Obama gets his way on January 1.
Kahuna

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#801586 Nov 10, 2012
FORWARD to Obamageddon wrote:
<quoted text>But you've got it all wrong. Obama won. You won. No problem, along the lines of: if you can't beat'em, join em. I asked my wife to finish out this year to reduce our annual income so that we're in a lower bracket. I am also checking with my accountant and portfolio advisor to see what changes are necessary to show fewer assets and stay under the radar. My brother-in-law already told me that if Romney had won, he'd be able to hire more people for his company. Now, he will stay below ObamaCare.
Life is good.
Now, we just get to sit back and enjoy the show.
I can't tell you how many people I heard from with the same sentiment last evening. Even the guy in his mid 70s who threw the party for several hundred at his home said he has never even tried to game the system in 50 years of work (he still works BTW)-but what the heck he is going to give it a try and see how much free shite he can get, too. Note, OBOTS he is not only highly educated(Mechanical and Electrical Engineer) but also one of the most successful biz owners/entrepreneurs in the area and if the hyphenated-American parasites led by barely coherent social workers can make a living on the system he will indeed make a second fortune.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#801587 Nov 10, 2012
A "good" guy?

Who leaves 72 million without affordable guaranteed by law healthcare! To die in the street! And lies about it on live tv!

A guy who threatens workers with lies about Chrysler?

A guy who personally cut 50,000 jobs? For monetary gain.

No. Not a good guy at all: A LOSER!
FORWARD to Obamageddon wrote:
<quoted text>Romney is a wealthy successful guy and overall good guy. If he had been a Democrat, his wealth and his religion would not have mattered. Like many other super rich, he can probably life the rest of his life on a private island somewhere and not have a care in the world. And, at least he won't have that haggard post-president look that Obama already has. Although, I think with no campaigning, Obama will now be able to slow the pace.
carol

Orlando, FL

#801588 Nov 10, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If ANY candidate shows up at a disaster and throws sandbags, loads a truck or talks to locals it's a photo op and he's branded for not caring. If he doesn't show up, he's branded for not caring.
You are irrational.
Do you know how many people are still without power and homes and FEMA is broke?

Obama did what any president would do after a natural disaster. But he was able to capitalize on it right before an election.

And he did. Big time.
carol

Orlando, FL

#801589 Nov 10, 2012
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
A "good" guy?
Who leaves 72 million without affordable guaranteed by law healthcare! To die in the street! And lies about it on live tv!
A guy who threatens workers with lies about Chrysler?
A guy who personally cut 50,000 jobs? For monetary gain.
No. Not a good guy at all: A LOSER!
<quoted text>
You should be asking yourself who pays for 72 million.

But you'll know soon enough.

Romney's solution was reform. That's a good thing when something isn't working.
Imhotep

United States

#801590 Nov 10, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>obamma supporters are poor winners!
You selected a blank screen everybody likes!
Your party has a "third riech" mentality that will destroy us all!
The government will collapse under it's own weight thanks to obamma!
President obamma,and the mooslum brotherhood are the ONLY winners!
Supporters of gay marriag and legal pot were led astray!
The senate went even more imperial!
Those who would take us back to the 50's with reversed race roles that bode ill for the country got their candidates!
This election was over before it began!
Easy to predict.
Lies are all you had and it was very obvious!

Suck it up and get with the future or fall into the abyss.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#801591 Nov 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
His plan: back to States!

We had that for 200 years!

Texas: republican: 8 million uninsured. Forever.

ACA: SAVES MONEY! COVERS 100%. LAW OF THE LAND.

Who pays for ER when uninsured can't pay and go bankrupt?

Federal Gov.

Mitt said: good same old same old. Saves nothing solves nothing.

Get a clue loser!

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#801592 Nov 10, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Blah Blah Blah.
So if you have a taxable income of $100K and your rate goes from 28 to 25%, you evidently don;t have an additional $3k in your bank account?
Did or did not the tax cuts give you that additional $3K.
if I was to see a tax cut (ha ha) it would not give me one single an additional dollar .it would only leave the money that I have allready worked for in my pocket. Being able to keep more of what I allready have is not giveing anything .its just less theft of what is mine.

Why is it you libs seem to think that the money you earn is for everones use and government has every right to all but what they think you should be allowed to keep.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#801593 Nov 10, 2012
We lost the election but we haven’t lost the Country ‘Yet!! 2014 elections will be an indicator whether we reach that tipping point (Government verse Individual Responsibility/Self-Reliance) I still have confidence in the American People making the Right choice in 2014!!
carol

Orlando, FL

#801594 Nov 10, 2012
moshx wrote:
<quoted text> if I was to see a tax cut (ha ha) it would not give me one single an additional dollar .it would only leave the money that I have allready worked for in my pocket. Being able to keep more of what I allready have is not giveing anything .its just less theft of what is mine.
Why is it you libs seem to think that the money you earn is for everones use and government has every right to all but what they think you should be allowed to keep.
Because they like Greece's economic system?
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#801595 Nov 10, 2012
moshx wrote:
<quoted text> if I was to see a tax cut (ha ha) it would not give me one single an additional dollar .it would only leave the money that I have allready worked for in my pocket. Being able to keep more of what I allready have is not giveing anything .its just less theft of what is mine.
Taxes are not theft.

We all own the gov.

It is ours. All assets and all debts.

"You people"

Wonder why you lost?

Grow up!

......someday: for NOW: WE WON == YOU LOST -- YOU SCCCKKKKK!
carol

Orlando, FL

#801596 Nov 10, 2012
TSM wrote:
We lost the election but we haven’t lost the Country ‘Yet!! 2014 elections will be an indicator whether we reach that tipping point (Government verse Individual Responsibility/Self-Reliance) I still have confidence in the American People making the Right choice in 2014!!
That's what happened in 1994 - the Republican Revolution under the Clinton administration in the second year of his first term.

Think it just took us four years to adjust to what happened in 2008.

Hopefully, by 2014, Americans will have woken up from their stupor.
carol

Orlando, FL

#801597 Nov 10, 2012
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Taxes are not theft.
We all own the gov.
It is ours. All assets and all debts.
"You people"
Wonder why you lost?
Grow up!
......someday: for NOW: WE WON == YOU LOST -- YOU SCCCKKKKK!
The people can only be taxed so much.

Obama doesn't seem to understand this.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#801598 Nov 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney was soundly defeated after offering a right wing choice.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

#801599 Nov 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He won carol, might as well get on with your life?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#801600 Nov 10, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text> The President won both the electoral AND the popular vote.
Your sit-n-spin is working just as advertised.
Spin on, spinner....
Read the post again, or have someone read it to you. There was no spin, just raw numbers in battleground states. Notice they gave the same analysis for kerry's loss in 2004.
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#801601 Nov 10, 2012
republican war on truth and accuracy continues:

Fresh from a stinging defeat in this week’s national election, Republicans have been newly energized by a plan they say will bring an end to the FiveThiryEight, the blog that correctly forecast President Barack Obama’s re-election win.

“It’s simple, really,” explained Republican National Committee communications director Sean Spicer.“We add three Electoral College votes, which will bring the national total to 541, and that will nullify the predictive success of the FiveThiryEight. It’s just math and logic.”
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#801602 Nov 10, 2012
WTF is wrong with you tards?

oops, just answered my own question

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#801603 Nov 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know how many people are still without power and homes and FEMA is broke?
Obama did what any president would do after a natural disaster. But he was able to capitalize on it right before an election.
And he did. Big time.
I never said he didn't, and I never said Romney didn't try to, either. I don't have any unrealistic expectations that FEMA or anyone else can rebuild a disaster area in 2 weeks even if there were bottomless resources on site. Do you think they keep warehouses full of workers and spare drag & drop cities? FEMA is broke? Why shouldn't they be? They've had had over a hundred disaster declarations so far this year. In your zeal to blame Obama for acts of God, have you ALREADY forgotten Hurricane Isaac and the fires out west?
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#801604 Nov 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Arguing with an idiot like you:

Taxes are the lowest in generations!

Debt grows every year! Under right wingers too: Bush/Cheney cut taxes more AND BORROWED $5 TRILLION!(You cried about this?)(Any of you?) No.

tax cuts: more debt.

The right winger way!

TAXES GOING UP ON RICHEST INCOMES! DEAL WITH IT LOSERS!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 13 min JOEL 71,275
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 13 min reality is a crutch 6
Chicagoa s 2014 murder total on track for anoth... 45 min reality is a crutch 3
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 49 min Patriot AKA Bozo 49,369
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ratloder 68,915
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMerde 51,306
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques Ottawa 182,195
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:46 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:46AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?
ESPN 7:12 AM
Sources: Some Bears coaches fear firings