Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
741,501 - 741,520 of 1,098,737 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
Rachel Maddow

Bristol, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

He really did win.
And he really was born in Hawaii.
And he really is -legitimately- President of the United States.
Again.

And the Bureau of Labor Statistics did not make-up a fake unemployment rate last month.
And the Congressional Research Service really can find no evidence
That cutting taxes on rich people grows the economy.

And the polls were not skewed to over-sample Democrats.
And Nate Silver was not making up fake projections about the election
To make conservatives feel bad.
He was doing math.

And climate change is real.
And rape really does cause pregnancy sometimes.
And evolution is a thing.
And Benghazi was an attack on us.
It was not a scandal by us.

And no one is taking away anyone's guns.
And taxes haven't gone up.
And the deficit is dropping, actually.
And Saddam Hussein didn't have weapons of mass destruction.

And the moon landing was real.
And FEMA isn't building concentration camps.
And UN election observers aren't taking over Texas.
And moderate reforms of the regulations on the insurance industry
And the financial services industry
Are not the same thing as communism.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>A land slide you say , nearly dead even you dunb ass , why do you think this country is so divided like never before since the civil war .
Mitt lost the election because he is a liar. The other two sicko rape talking idiots did the Democrats a favor.
Women aren't going to stand for this shyt anymore, get a life.
Rapists babies a gift from God? Someone needs to rape that fker and then we'll talk.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

From Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Donald Trump to all the anonymous creators of the wild fabrications that churn out of websites and go viral in emails, the relentless vilification of Obama has been unprecedented. Sure, every president suffers unfair criticism. Many of our most effective presidents, from Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln to Franklin Roosevelt and Bill Clinton, have been slandered and hounded by critics. But Obama’s detractors have plumbed new and revolting depths of mendacity.

Obama’s birthplace, his paternity, his religion, his academic attainments, his citizenship and his loyalty to the country have all been called into question by people who feel no moral qualms about spreading fabrications and untruths. Any unfair tactic, any lie is justified in order to “take back America” from someone they refuse to accept as a legitimate president, despite the indisputable reality that he was elected by a majority of American voters in a near-landslide of electoral votes.

It is a false equivalence to say the left has been guilty of similar smears during the administrations of Republican presidents. In those past instances, all but a few Democratic elected officials shunned such slanders. The same was true for all but the most rabid liberal commentators. But most of today’s Republican leaders stay silent in the face of the lies and many eagerly repeat them, while leading conservative pundits give the endless falsehoods credence, not an honest critique.

The right wing’s eagerness to engage in deceit has distorted credible conservatism and corrupted political discourse. It has turned the Grand Old Party into a rigid and narrow ideological club that tries to purge any Republican who displays even a hint of moderation or willingness to compromise.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/topofthe...
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>I have a job. I own and manage a housing complex with over 50 units. I don't allow welfare mammies or ghetto-rats, though for some reason none have ever applied here anyway.
Probaly because you require a secutity deposit .

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Judged:

FORWARD to Obamageddon wrote:
<quoted text>All you need to look at to prove your point, is the radicalism taught by any professor at Any University USA. They lean anti-American and there is no tolerance for opinions that are conservative.
Liberals worry about rape and made it a Republican issue during the election, but don't mind that Obama will allow UN hoodlums to influence our future and China to own it as he weakens us militarily and financially.
And where is he now? In Washington furiously working on the looming end of tax cuts for the middle class, or on a tour of Southeast Asia?
Republicans made Rape an issue.

Thy made the comments

No you right whiners blame Democrats?

I have a suggestion, if you don't want rape as an issue quit trying to redefine it, blame women for it and think God sanctions it.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
Guess what!! Great news!! I just learned that Obamacare not only covers abortions and birth control. It also covers "gender reidentification surgery", i.e. "sex change operations"! That's just f'kin wonderful. I'm absolutely in favor of paying for that! Aren't you? I guess 50% of Americans are in favor of paying for it. "And the hits just keep on coming!"
I'd rather pay for that than another war.......
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

On Fox, EPI's Christian Dorsey Shoots Down Laura Ingraham's Claim That Business Layoffs Are Due To Obama Re-Election

http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/11/09/on-f...
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Breaking News: Mayor Bloomberg has just finished a speech in N.Y. He announced that progress is being made in negotiations between the Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and the power companies and that power in N.Y. may be back on as early as Wednesday, but definitely no later than next Saturday. If it's not back on by Saturday he will seriously consider signing an executive order allowing non-union workers to perform the work. Union leaders expressed outrage, stating that Mayor Bloomberg is "stealing food from their children's mouths" and is just trying to "bust the unions". They have vowed to hold their ground until their demands are met.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Probaly because you require a secutity deposit .
it's probably the burning cross.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you'll admit Reagan was smarter than any of them? Fiscal cliff looming, what is Obama doing? Overseas trip. He couldn't lead a litter detail.
Kinda thinking Congress needs to start capping and curbing the pie in the sky Air force One usage, after watching this guy taking advantage of the POTUS a'la'mode buffet ticket to ride.
Seriously, please submit via written grant proposal request, reasons and justifications for AirForce One ne usage to Congress, for acceptance/decline processing. Also cc a copy to the EPA, for regulatory review of fuel per miles limit, consumption acceptability levels, and domestic commodities allocations compliances.
All requests for usage considerations, shall be submitted 60 days prior of intended pie in the sky time, and should be in legible comprehensive format, all caps, numerous punctuation errors and flighty, all-over-the-page UNcohesive, inconcise, vague and/or broad rambling statements, will be instant consideration for point deduction, in processing usage request.

Thank you.

Sincerely,

Your Employer

THE TAX PAYERS of the United States of America
All Across this Nation
USA
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
They did?
Reports are the CIA likes their leader to come up in the ranks of the CIA. Reports are that Petraeus wasn't very popular among the CIA.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Almost immediately after Tuesday's election various companies announced layoffs. Laura asked Christian Dorsey of the Economic Policy Institute whether President Obama's reelection is generally bad for business. "Nothing related to the election should be a reason for layoffs," Dorsey asserted. "Anyone needing to lay off workers now had systemic problems long before Tuesday. These might be legitimate business decisions, but it's not because of the results of the election. And if the stock market wasn't prepared for Barack Obama to be reelected, then I don't have a lot of faith that actors in the market are rational." Laura reminded Dorsey, "Some of these companies are actually saying it's the result of the election, and that the new monstrosity Obamacare is a big burden to businesses at a time when profit margins are quite narrow."

https://www.billoreilly.com/show...
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
This country is not divided at all; the majority of the American people voted for President Obama, and, against the Tea Party misogynists and racists.
We know you civil war nuts are itching for a fight, perhaps y'all oughtta take yer muskets out in the fields and kill each other because America is moving on! Shaking off the sicko haters who pine for the days of their dominion over women and minorities and gays. It's over goober. Get with the program or kill yourself. That's your choice.
All you stupid ignorant rants are all for nothing, you're a backwards uneducated hillbilly who is scared to live in a world where there people different from you. Well, most people are different from you. They are black, and brown, and mixed and female and gay and they are educated, and have teeth. Not too many look like you anymore, you're a dying breed, Thank God
THIS COUNTRY IS VERY MUCH DIVIDED OBAMA WON BY LESS THAN 2 PERCENTAGE POINTS DUMB ASS , ALMOST HALF OF THIS COUNTRY DOSEN'T PAY FEDERAL TAX AND WANTS TO LIVE OFF THOSE THAT DO ,IF THATS NOT DIVISION WHAT IS IT LILY , FAIRNESS??
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans made Rape an issue.
Thy made the comments
No you right whiners blame Democrats?
I have a suggestion, if you don't want rape as an issue quit trying to redefine it, blame women for it and think God sanctions it.
How many women did Bill Clinton rape? Let's see, there was Juanita Broderick, Paula Jones, Kathleen Willey, Eileen Wellstone, probably Monica Lewinski and Elizabeth Ward. Were there any more? I can't remember all of them.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

THE DEBIL wrote:
HELL HATH NO FURY LIKE A WOMAN PREVENTED FROM TALKING BY A MAN
You're about 36 years behind the times now doofus. Have you any new stick figure paintings on your cave wall?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

dem wrote:
Lets get an early start.
I got a lot of teabaggers to heal.
Speaking of healing:

Romney staffers stranded when campaign killed credit cards on election night

Staffers working for the Romney 2012 campaign got a sudden and unwelcome lesson in fiscal conservatism Tuesday night and Wednesday morning when they tried to check out of hotel rooms or travel home. According to NBC’s “First Read” blog, campaign workers were left to pull themselves up by their bootstraps when they found that all the credit cards issued by Romney/Ryan 2012 were canceled as soon as the nominee finished his concession speech.

“From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself,” wrote NBC’s Garrett Haake.“Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.”

Forbes magazine explained that this is not normal protocol for political campaigns

Raw Story ( http://s.tt/1sLwa )
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

dem wrote:
Ill be instituting sharia law on this thread
You daughter had sex with 5 ghetto-rats. Now go behead her for disgracing your family.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

dem wrote:
Ill be instituting sharia law on this thread
You and duhmodebil gonna be playing tiddlywinks in your caves?
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

Coal in Decline? Blame Obama, not Reality

Murray Energy’s Blaming Obama for the Decline of Coal is like a Saddle-maker Blaming Theodore Roosevelt for the Decline of Horse Transport

By now you’ve probably read the sad tale of Murray Energy and their recent layoffs. Murray is the country’s largest private coal company, employing over 3,000 people across the country and producing over 30 million tons of coal annually. Murray set off a media storm today by announcing the layoff of 163 people, evoking the word of god, and blaming Obama and a nefarious “war on coal” for the tragic hard times their industry now faces. You can’t make this stuff up.

Coal, as you may know, is indeed in decline. Increasing regulations and general public distaste for dirty energy do have something to do with it. But the primary reason has nothing to do with politics and everything to do with the rise of cheap natural gas – especially via fracking. Murray had hoped a Romney administration would roll back regulations enough to allow the coal industry to keep cruising along for a while without changing much, staying somewhat competitive with gas. It doesn’t look like that’s going to happen now. Still, even if the reason were entirely political, sacking employees to prove the point is beyond sour grapes, it’s cruel and borderline crazy.

The writing’s been on the wall for coal’s demise for a very long time. On the macro level this is a very good thing. It means cleaner energy, lower healthcare costs, less environmental degradation and ultimately new jobs in new energy sectors. In the short term, especially in mining country, it means layoffs, uncertainty, and the kicking and screaming of vested interests who don’t want to change. Murray’s kicking and screaming will do nothing to stop the decline of coal, it only hurts the people the company claims to support.

A responsible energy company that actually cared about their employees and the country at large would have recognized the inevitable years ago and began making changes to adjust to a new reality. The company would work with government to retool local economies, get education and training for workers to enter new lines of work, and begin diversifying the company to do something else. It might take decades of work but wise investment would have bought the company and the community time to adjust. Instead, it looks like Murray may be the type to go down in flames rather than gracefully evolve.

It’s sad that people are losing their jobs, but it’s a lot sadder that a company like Murray Energy would choose to blame anything but themselves for the problem.

http://www.triplepundit.com/2012/11/murray-en...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2012

brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>Reports are the CIA likes their leader to come up in the ranks of the CIA. Reports are that Petraeus wasn't very popular among the CIA.
Interesting; I don't know a lot about him, but when these scandals come to light, I always think it may be some sort of set up, a way to get rid of someone. Unless his paramour was privy to state secrets...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago