Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1433990 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

United States

#801924 Nov 10, 2012
the "overshooting tops"--the bumpy regions coming out of the t-storm anvils. These cloud towers blast above the parent t-storm into the lower stratosphere and signify impressive updrafts. Little wonder these storms are hail and downpour-producers.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#801925 Nov 10, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny. You never had a connection to reality, methlady.
You're a loser. Romney/Ryan was a disaster. A disaster you fully supported and refuse to take responsibility for.
Has a lot to do with why you've been unemployed for four years. Any employer can see how crazy you are.
Looks like you'll be licking the dingleberries off Dems anus for the next four years.
Deal with it, loser.
Coming from someone who posted a "chipmunk kiddie-diddy" as if it were some sort of deep, insightful wisdom (or in your case-wisDUHM)...yup..definate feedback from one hand held mirror of crazy looking in, looking back.
Not seeing that Romney/Ryan disaster stuff-and I have no idea about dems or anyone else's dingleberries either, or what ever the hell it is you're ranting about there.

And Romney/Ryan had nothing do with hiring or laying off at any job I ever had-that's for sure. REALITY: Romney/Ryan were just the opposing candidates of you obotic zombie bobblehead types, which is why you continue to scapegoat hate on and blame them. They weren't on the poliTICal ticket YOU preffered.

Fourteen hundred, fifty five days and counting!

GOD Bless America, our families, our troops, the CONSTITUTION and TERM LIMITS on the office of POTUS!

The TEA Party!
Keeping America REAL, and CONSTITUTIONAL!!
H2S!
carol

United States

#801926 Nov 10, 2012
Snow on the storm's back side has whitened sections of the country's 15 largest states over the western half of the country. NOAA reports that while just 3.8% of the Lower 48 was covered by snow 4 days ago, the national snowpack now reaches into 20.6% of the country---a more than 5-fold increase in a matter of days! Shows what a single storm is capable of doing!
carol

United States

#801927 Nov 10, 2012
We're in the mildest temp regime here in 15 days! Chicago's Midway Airport and lakefront temps are at 60 at 10am Sat and headed toward 70--within a degree of the day's 63 year old record. Here's a snapshot of predicted central U.S. temps at 3PM Saturday off the Weather Service's high resolution NMM model.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#801928 Nov 10, 2012
dem wrote:
Heres the thing.
I'm going to the Bears game tomorrow night and they are predicting rain.
I'm gonna need you Christians to get on your knees!
Now!!!
That is silly. Bears may hibernate but they don't normally predict the weather.
carol

United States

#801930 Nov 10, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
The TEA Party!
Keeping America REAL, and CONSTITUTIONAL!!
H2S!
and losing elections
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#801931 Nov 10, 2012
GOP Idiots wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a fact that the video caused mass riots across many Muslim countries, you baffoon.
Even Condoleeze Rice has defended the administration. On FOX!!
Here's a "news" source you trust
http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/rice-benghaz...
But it didn't cause the attack in Benghazi, that was preplanned.

“God Bless our Republic”

Since: Nov 12

Warrior for USA

#801932 Nov 10, 2012
Well Michelle … Are You Proud Now?

Dear Mrs. Obama:

You must be really proud! Your husband has added $6 trillion in new debt since taking office. Gas prices are now over $4 per gallon on average. Unemployment has been holding steady over 8% for 4 years (higher if you use the actual numbers), with over 23 million Americans unemployed. There are 47 million are on food stamps. Our U.S. Ambassador was just raped and killed by muslims that your husband has been trying to embrace for 4 years and the middle east is in flaming chaos.

Cases in point:

Ronald Reagan never hijacked the American flag for his own iconography. Neither did George W. Bush. or Bill Clinton. Only your husband has utilized the visual methodologies of Hitler’s propaganda machine to forward his political campaign.

http://patriotwarrior.org/2012/09/21/well-mic...
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#801933 Nov 10, 2012
dem wrote:
Heres the thing.
I'm going to the Bears game tomorrow night and they are predicting rain.
I'm gonna need you Christians to get on your knees!
Now!!!
We'll make a couple calls fer ya--get a rain dance going- DUHMBO.
carol

Israel

#801934 Nov 10, 2012
Boys, an' one incredibly lovely red-headed girl, we got us... A CONVOY!

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#801935 Nov 10, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>on par with all the people who thought obama wasn't a citizen...or that thought he was a muslim...or thought he was the antichrist...or thought he was a communist...or thought he hates america...or thought he..........
Get a tune up, my friend. You're not firing on all cylinders. It's not on par with any of those folks.
carol

United States

#801936 Nov 10, 2012
The storm system behind the powerful southerly winds which will be strengthening Saturday afternoon and night and continuing into Sunday and delivering the unseasonable, Sept-level warmth, is mammoth!
carol

United States

#801937 Nov 10, 2012
Warmest temps are ahead Saturday since Oct 25's high of 75-degrees. South winds howl Saturday afternoon, night & Sun gusting at times to 40+ mph. Saturday's 70-deg high will be near 63 year old record of 71. Word frm the Army Corps of Engineers is that Lake Mich's level continues decline. It's now 16" below its level a year ago & just 1" from its lowest recorded November level recorded in 1964. The coming weekend's to be warm-but Bears fans could be in for a wet, windy Sunday evening. Model fcsts put Sun night rainfall at 1-2". Rain may be falling at 7:30pm kickoff time.
carol

United States

#801940 Nov 10, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
That could really stir up some lift.
A bow echo is a term describing the characteristic radar return from a mesoscale convective system that is shaped like an archer’s bow. These systems can produce severe straight-line winds and occasionally tornadoes, causing major damage. They can also become derechos.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#801941 Nov 10, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>STFU Carol. You and the imaginary person don't know what you're talking about. Don't you ever get tired of spreading lies?
The problems in NY, NJ and Ct have very little to do with govenment response . Government reponse on all levels has been EXCELLENT .
Koo Koo
Imhotep

Lakeland, FL

#801942 Nov 10, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>I'm not surprised that you did not even read my post and just threw some poo!
ok yup, ya got all those things...now what?
INSPIRE ME!
Not poo, fact.
Something few favt allergic republicans comprehend.

I did read your post and dismissed it.
No offense, I cannot agree with you.

I believe those that voted for Rommey are seriously delusional and reality challenged.
Their views, and the GOP's, contradict science and outrage reason.

Bishop Willard Mitt Romney was lucky to be governor of Massachusetts.

He is unusually incurious, abnormally unintelligent, amazingly inarticulate, fantastically uncultured, extraordinarily uneducated, and apparently quite proud of all these things.

Others may wish to choose a more rigorous mental workout but I credit this daily infusion of annoyance with extending my lifespan.

:)
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#801943 Nov 10, 2012
Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
It's about POWER...there are very few people without food, water and shelter if they wa t o leave their homes.
Turn off Fox..you might actually get a clue.
So by your own admission there are still people without food, water, and shelter.
carol

Israel

#801945 Nov 10, 2012

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#801947 Nov 10, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
There is one silver lining about Mitt Romney losing the election. At least now he doesn't have to move into a smaller house.
Or take a pay cut...don't forget the pay cut.
Jean

Newburgh, NY

#801949 Nov 10, 2012
Just turned on Fox nitwit TV for a few minutes while waiting for the local news. Greg whatever is ranting about the federal response..it's FEMA's problem fault etc while talking to the Nassau County REPUBLICAN County Exec. THis from the RW BOBOS who claimed it was the responsibility of the locals in New Orleans to save themselves.
You can get whiplash following the reversal of a rightie's argument.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 9 min Go Blue Forever 103,658
News No suspect in custody following robbery at Dunk... 35 min former democrat 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 225,547
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 61,525
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 hr honeymylove 1,723
last post wins! (Dec '10) 5 hr honeymylove 2,571
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 7 hr TRD 71,067

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages