Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
741,421 - 741,440 of 1,100,153 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Visitor

Pompano Beach, FL

#801261 Nov 10, 2012
"logic" Bush was at ground zero when body after body was being removed from the rubble and the American flag was raised on top of all of that destruction. You werent there to even know what it is like to witness massive death all around you. Obama didnt have this experience either.

Clinton is responsible for the World Trade Center bombing. The US had bin Laden in custody and Clinton authorized his released from our grasp. Bin Laden was enabled to bomb the WTC on 9/11/01.

Bush also responded to Katrina maybe not as fast as people would have liked. But he went. And he witnessed body after body being pulled out of the water, from homes and from businesses. People who drowned in the flooding. You werent there. Obama wasnt there.

Did you ever stopped to think how witnessesing massive deaths effect other people? Its traumatic. Why do you think soldiers who are coming back from war suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?

Stop ragging on one of our Presdents for being human.

On the other hand, Obama inhumanely ignored pleas for security after he was informed multiple times that the situation in Banghazi was becoming more volatile and violent. But many of you dont want to acknowledge or admit Obama is to blame for this.
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#801262 Nov 10, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>What do you expect out of a Bush reject. The CIA despised him. Good riddance they say.
I just "googled" a picture of David Petraeus' wife. After seeing her...well, let's just say that an affair now seems a little more understandable.
Logic

United States

#801263 Nov 10, 2012
Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah but they were mostly welfare mammies and ghetto-rats. The fine people in the northeast are hard working respectable taxpayers.
You don't know for sure. Besides, they were Americans and that is the bottom line.
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#801264 Nov 10, 2012
Visitor wrote:
"logic" Bush was at ground zero when body after body was being removed from the rubble and the American flag was raised on top of all of that destruction. You werent there to even know what it is like to witness massive death all around you. Obama didnt have this experience either.
Clinton is responsible for the World Trade Center bombing. The US had bin Laden in custody and Clinton authorized his released from our grasp. Bin Laden was enabled to bomb the WTC on 9/11/01.
Bush also responded to Katrina maybe not as fast as people would have liked. But he went. And he witnessed body after body being pulled out of the water, from homes and from businesses. People who drowned in the flooding. You werent there. Obama wasnt there.
Did you ever stopped to think how witnessesing massive deaths effect other people? Its traumatic. Why do you think soldiers who are coming back from war suffer from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?
On the other hand, Obama inhumanely ignored pleas for security after he was informed multiple times that the situation in Banghazi was becoming more volatile and violent. But many of you dont want to acknowledge or admit Obama is to blame for this.
Obama said he was going to "cut the red tape" and get relief on the "fast track" during this disaster. So far there are no FEMA trailers, no gas, no power, no water, little food and no assistance from anybody but local emergency workers, out of state volunteers and the Red Cross with the help of private donations. Obama has proven to be completely inept during this disaster. Even Governor Coumo, a democrat, called this "Obama's Katrina". Sambo-in-Chief Hussein Obama has shown nothing but arrogance and incompetence during this disaster, just like he has during his entire presidency. Congress MUST begin impeachment proceedings as soon as possible!
B.HUSSEIN OBAMA - A DISGRACE TO THE RESIDENTS OF THE NORTHEAST. A DISGRACE TO AMERICA.
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#801265 Nov 10, 2012
Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>I just "googled" a picture of David Petraeus' wife. After seeing her...well, let's just say that an affair now seems a little more understandable.
LOL Clinton cheated and his popularity is at 60 percent. Petraeous biography writer was having an affair with him and was reading his e-mails. This got the attention of the feds who say no national secrets were revealed.
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#801266 Nov 10, 2012
Logic wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't know for sure. Besides, they were Americans and that is the bottom line.
I watched them on TV for over a week. I heard them complaining in ebonics. The most common word they used was "motherf'ker". I know a ghetto-rat when I see one.
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#801267 Nov 10, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
<quoted text>LOL Clinton cheated and his popularity is at 60 percent. Petraeous biography writer was having an affair with him and was reading his e-mails. This got the attention of the feds who say no national secrets were revealed.
I can sort of understand Clinton cheating too. I mean like, we've all seen Hillary. But Elliot Spitzer I'll never understand. What the hell was he thinking?
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#801268 Nov 10, 2012
Guess what!! Great news!! I just learned that Obamacare not only covers abortions and birth control. It also covers "gender reidentification surgery", i.e. "sex change operations"! That's just f'kin wonderful. I'm absolutely in favor of paying for that! Aren't you? I guess 50% of Americans are in favor of paying for it. "And the hits just keep on coming!"
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#801269 Nov 10, 2012
carol wrote:
Obama said he's going to sit down with Romney and talk about how to fix the economy.
The ruse, of course, is Obama knows he doesn't know how to fix anything and needs Romney to come to his rescue just like he needed Bill Clinton.
Then he'll take all the credit.
Just watch and see if that doesn't happen.
And the easily fooled will bow down at his feet.
You're full of crap as usual Carol. Obama is merely being conciliatory and won't go with Romney's ideas which have already been shown to be unworkable.
Mark Zandi who was a McCain campaign advisor and now chief economist at Moody's Analytics stated;
Our major conclusion is that a revenue-neutral individual income tax change that incorporates the features Governor Romney has proposed – including reducing marginal tax rates substantially, eliminating the individual alternative minimum tax (AMT) and maintaining all tax breaks for saving and investment – would provide large tax cuts to high-income households, and increase the tax burdens on middle- and/or lower-income taxpayers.

: http://www.classwarfareexists.com/chief-econo...
Logic

United States

#801270 Nov 10, 2012
Visitor wrote:
You got to be kidding. 911 was one of Bush'biggest screw ups.

Bush did not respond when informed of the airplane hitting the twin tower. Instead he kept reading a book to some kids with a stupid look on his face.

He did the samething when the 2nd airplane hit the twin tower. Afterwards his staff looked at him in disbelief as continue to read to the kids and after a few moments his staff had to drag him out of the classroom to address this terrorist attack on american soil.

His follow this up blaming and starting a war with Iraq who had nothing to do with it.

He fail to catch BIn Laden after 8 years who is to blame for the terrorist attack.

President Obama got Bin Laden in his first term.

And Benghazi is just another attempt from Fox, Reichwing Republican Racist and the haters to bring down this President. It is nothing but spin. There is nothing there.
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#801271 Nov 10, 2012
Q: Why don't ghetto-rats use checkbooks?
A: Because it's impossible to fill one out with spray paint.
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#801272 Nov 10, 2012
Q: What's the best way to keep ghetto-rats out of your house?
A: Put your TV outside.
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#801273 Nov 10, 2012
Logic wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush did not respond when informed of the airplane hitting the twin tower. Instead he kept reading a book to some kids with a stupid look on his face.
He did the samething when the 2nd airplane hit the twin tower. Afterwards his staff looked at him in disbelief as continue to read to the kids and after a few moments his staff had to drag him out of the classroom to address this terrorist attack on american soil.
His follow this up blaming and starting a war with Iraq who had nothing to do with it.
He fail to catch BIn Laden after 8 years who is to blame for the terrorist attack.
And Benghazi is just another attempt from Fox, Reichwing Republican Racist and the haters to bring down this President. It is nothing but spin. There is nothing there.
After Obama watched the murders of the Ambassador and his 3 colleagues on closed circuit TV, he hopped on his jet and flew to Vegas.
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#801274 Nov 10, 2012
Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
Why did Obama force Petreus to resign just for having an affair? Democrats have affais all the time. That's what they do. Clinton, Edwards, Spitzer, Weiner...the list goes on. There's more to this resignation than just a simple affair.
Petraeus got caught with biographer Paula Broadwell. Look at the Republicans also Hermam Cain, Chris Myers alledged to have paid a gay prostitute (known online as Rent-boy) for sex. Newt Gingrich in the 1990's. John Boehner it is rumoured that John Boehner the Speaker of the House and married father of two had an affair with a lobbyist. Phillip Hinkle alledged agreed to pay a man Kareryn Gibson $140.00 for a sexual encounter.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#801275 Nov 10, 2012
President Barack Obama won re-election despite an electorate that sees a nation on the wrong track, with a weak and troubling economy, according to NBC projections and exit polls. Exit poll interviews with voters point to three big reasons for Obama’s victory:

• First, despite a slim majority of voters thinking the country is on the wrong track, 54 percent approve of the way Obama is doing his job, and the electorate was almost exactly split on whether Obama or Romney would be better at handling the economy.

• Among the four voters in 10 who said they think economic conditions in the country are getting better, a huge majority, nearly nine out of ten, said they voted for Obama.

• Finally, a slight majority of voters voiced an unfavorable view of Romney personally, while a slight majority had a favorable view of Obama. On the attribute of whether the president or his GOP rival was “a candidate who cares about people like me” Obama had a massive lead over Romney.

http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/...
Logic

United States

#801276 Nov 10, 2012
Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>I watched them on TV for over a week. I heard them complaining in ebonics. The most common word they used was "motherf'ker". I know a ghetto-rat when I see one.
I have been watching them on TV from S.I. and I heard them complaining in Ivonics. The most common word they used was "me" They are nothing but lowlife trailer park lowlife trash.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#801277 Nov 10, 2012
“Overwhelmingly, Americans viewed the economic crisis and recession as an extraordinary circumstance — not as an ordinary recession,” Benenson continued, adding that “the more Romney and Republicans tried to talk about this as an ordinary recession,” rather than a “massive crisis,” the more they seemed “out of touch and tone deaf.”

If that’s right, the irony is striking. Romney cast Obama as a failure, based on the notion that the recovery was not proceeding as fast as other recoveries have. But this may not have resonated with voters because they understood that Obama had inherited an extraordinary situation — exactly the idea Romney tried so hard to get voters to forget.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/plum-line...
thE DeBIL

Ukraine

#801278 Nov 10, 2012
No Opinion Whatsoever wrote:
<quoted text>
iT's InTeReStInG tHaT yOu TyPe In AlL cApS. iT iS fInE wItH mE bUt SoMeTiMeS iT's DiFfIcUlT tO rEaD.
IT's nOT neARlY As hARd tO rEAd aS whAt yOU wRItE.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#801279 Nov 10, 2012
Peggy Noonan:

We are a center-right country, but the Republican Party over the next few years will have to ponder again what center-right means. It has been noted elsewhere that the Romney campaign's economic policies more or less reflected the concerns of its donor base. Are those the immediate concerns of the middle and working classes? Apparently the middle class didn't think so. The working class? In a day-after piece, Washington Post reporters Scott Wilson and Philip Rucker wrote: "As part of his role,[Paul] Ryan had wanted to talk about poverty, traveling to inner cities and giving speeches that laid out the Republican vision for individual empowerment. But Romney advisers refused his request to do so, until mid-October, when he gave a speech on civil society in Cleveland. As one adviser put it,'The issues that we really test well on and win on are not the war on poverty.'"

That is the authentic sound of the Republican political operative class at work: in charge, supremely confident, essentially clueless.

It matters when you show people you care. It matters when you're there. It matters when you ask.

The outcome was not only a re-election but on some level and to some degree a rejection.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142412788...
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#801280 Nov 10, 2012
Logic wrote:
<quoted text>
After Obama heard that a winter storm had slammed the northeast on the heels of a disasterous hurricane, which left scores of people dead, he began planning his vacation in Asia and forced his CIA director to resign to protect his political interests.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Brian_G 46,310
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 177,370
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Sublime1 97,932
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr voice of peace 68,367
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 68,977
Review: Anthony D S Grill (Jan '14) 2 hr peter osterman 7
Abby 8-29 2 hr Julie 10
Amy 8-29 5 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search