Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#801317 Nov 10, 2012
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Oh,,, If we could just have elected this great American as our leader. Look what he could have done for all businesses.
What a businessman Mitt is.
WASHINGTON -- On Tuesday, officials from Bain Capital-owned Sensata Technologies threatened to shut down its north-central Illinois plant "immediately and indefinitely" if those protesting the offshoring of the facility's jobs entered the plant in an act of civil disobedience again, according to local city officials.
The plant in Freeport, Ill., which is already scheduled to close at the end of the year, has become an embarrassing campaign issue for GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney who still owns 51% of the Bain Capital stock. The factory's 170 jobs are being relocated to China. Activists and workers have called on Romney to use his influence with Bain to halt the offshoring.
In New York there is a $400 million renovation project on the Alexander Hamilton Bridge.

In California, there is a $7.2 billion project to rebuild the Bay Bridge connecting San Francisco and Oakland.

In Alaska, there is a proposal for a $190 million bridge project.

These projects sound like steps in the right direction, but much of the work is going to Chinese government-owned firms.

The state of California rejected federal funding for a major portion of the Bay Bridge in order to go with a Chinese company that offered the lowest bid. The move cost Americans almost 3,000 jobs -- jobs that cost the struggling California economy millions of dollars in wages, taxes and potential consumer spending.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/bringing_america_bac...
GOPidiotsx

Hollywood, FL

#801318 Nov 10, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Hardly, but dumbasses like you gushed over scumbag Obama merely showing up and getting his picture took and accomplishing zero.
"getting his picture took"
PRICELESS!
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#801319 Nov 10, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Now we can see where all you sickening racist repubicans get your material:
Detroit rocker and right-winger Ted Nugent was not too happy when President Barack Obama was reelected, so he took to Twitter to denounce the "pimps," "whores" and "welfare brats" who voted for America's "economic [and] spiritual suicide."
Nugent tweeted some choice words on Wednesday after Obama earned four more years in the White House in a landslide victory over GOP candidate Mitt Romney. He bid America "Goodluk" [sic] and good riddance.
Does this mean he's going to kill himself? Good riddance indeed.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/ted-...
A land slide you say , nearly dead even you dunb ass , why do you think this country is so divided like never before since the civil war .
GOPidiotsx

Hollywood, FL

#801320 Nov 10, 2012
Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>He will be impeached for "high crimes and misdemeanors" regarding the Benghazi fiasco.
That's only a fiasco over at FOX. Even Condoleeza Rice defended the administration. If GOP Congress persues that now, say buh bye to 2014 midterms.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#801321 Nov 10, 2012
How the GOP Helped Obama Win

Fibbing Fails. In his first ad, Mitt Romney quoted Barack Obama saying,“If we keep talking about the economy, we’re going to lose.” But that was Obama quoting a GOP aide four years ago. The full quote is:“Senator McCain’s campaign actually said, and I quote,‘If we keep talking about the economy, we’re going to lose.’” From that deceitful ad to his last, disgraceful falsehood that Jeep was transferring production to ­China, Romney ran a stunningly dishonest campaign. But the leader of the Party of Lincoln should have known you can’t fool all of the people all of the time. Romney’s Jeep ad backfired, and Obama’s support among union members in Ohio—the kind of folks who build those Jeeps in Toledo—far surpassed his 2008 support. Romney may as well have run ads that said,“I think you’re stupid,” because that’s the message voters got.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/newsweek/2012/11...
GOPidiotsx

Hollywood, FL

#801322 Nov 10, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>A land slide you say , nearly dead even you dunb ass , why do you think this country is so divided like never before since the civil war .
The civil war is an apt analogy, considering the election results. Mittens won the Confederate states, where Obama won only 10~15 % of the White vote. Looks like the GOP wants to return US to an earlier time, say 1850.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#801323 Nov 10, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>A land slide you say , nearly dead even you dunb ass , why do you think this country is so divided like never before since the civil war .
This country is not divided at all; the majority of the American people voted for President Obama, and, against the Tea Party misogynists and racists.
We know you civil war nuts are itching for a fight, perhaps y'all oughtta take yer muskets out in the fields and kill each other because America is moving on! Shaking off the sicko haters who pine for the days of their dominion over women and minorities and gays. It's over goober. Get with the program or kill yourself. That's your choice.
All you stupid ignorant rants are all for nothing, you're a backwards uneducated hillbilly who is scared to live in a world where there people different from you. Well, most people are different from you. They are black, and brown, and mixed and female and gay and they are educated, and have teeth. Not too many look like you anymore, you're a dying breed, Thank God
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#801324 Nov 10, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
Now we can see where all you sickening racist repubicans get your material:
Detroit rocker and right-winger Ted Nugent was not too happy when President Barack Obama was reelected, so he took to Twitter to denounce the "pimps," "whores" and "welfare brats" who voted for America's "economic [and] spiritual suicide."
Nugent tweeted some choice words on Wednesday after Obama earned four more years in the White House in a landslide victory over GOP candidate Mitt Romney. He bid America "Goodluk" [sic] and good riddance.
Does this mean he's going to kill himself? Good riddance indeed.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/08/ted-...
It's interesting that two of the most radical right-wing "rockers", Ted Nugent and Kid Rock are from Detroit. Hip-hop star Eminem leans more to the right too. Maybe they have seen first hand how liberal democrat policies have destroyed their city.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#801325 Nov 10, 2012
Is All the Lying Backfiring?

After the results of Tuesday’s elections, it looks like some folks are reconsidering the common wisdom that right wing media lies because it works.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2012/11/08/is-all-...

Without lies, what does the right wing media have? Not much. One thing that continues to nag at me is how the vast majority of conservatives who come at me online are simply wrong. Not in their opinion, but in their facts. And that when you inform them of the facts, they either retreat or insist their lies are truth. That’s because if they accept the facts, their entire worldview dissipates. For example, the “outrage” over the contraception mandate mostly rests on the assumption that the government is giving out free birth control to anyone who asks, no matter how rich. In reality, the mandate simply requires insurance that women pay for to cover it without a copay. When you point this out, they have nothing. Even they know that there’s no reason to be mad that women get what they pay for. They don’t like it—mostly because they’re reacting on an emotional level to their deep-seated anger about other people’s sex lives—but they don’t have an argument.

So, that’s where they’re at. I suspect the lesson for the right wing media will not be,“Stop lying.” It will be,“Lie better.” Whether or not that works for them remains to be seen.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#801326 Nov 10, 2012
Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
Why did Obama force Petreus to resign just for having an affair? Democrats have affais all the time. That's what they do. Clinton, Edwards, Spitzer, Weiner...the list goes on. There's more to this resignation than just a simple affair.
Sure and Republicans are as pure a driven snow aren't they like David Vitter ,John Ensign ,Rudi Giuliani,Newt Gingrich, Mark Sandford, Herman Cain, Larry Craig and of course Schwarzenegger.
You're an idiot.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#801327 Nov 10, 2012
GOPidiotsx wrote:
<quoted text>
The civil war is an apt analogy, considering the election results. Mittens won the Confederate states, where Obama won only 10~15 % of the White vote. Looks like the GOP wants to return US to an earlier time, say 1850.
That;s exactly what they are implying and they're not discreet about it either. Note Carols continual pining away for "states rights", this means a desire to have control over those who are gay, women, blacks, hispanics. They want mob rule. Then there are those goons with their confederate flags and 3 corner hats that play war games in the woods. They're ignorant white trash who think they should be special because of it.
You see all those white supremacist fatsos sitting around campfires with their rifles? They don't work, they're all losers.
Rachel Maddow

Bristol, CT

#801328 Nov 10, 2012
He really did win.
And he really was born in Hawaii.
And he really is -legitimately- President of the United States.
Again.

And the Bureau of Labor Statistics did not make-up a fake unemployment rate last month.
And the Congressional Research Service really can find no evidence
That cutting taxes on rich people grows the economy.

And the polls were not skewed to over-sample Democrats.
And Nate Silver was not making up fake projections about the election
To make conservatives feel bad.
He was doing math.

And climate change is real.
And rape really does cause pregnancy sometimes.
And evolution is a thing.
And Benghazi was an attack on us.
It was not a scandal by us.

And no one is taking away anyone's guns.
And taxes haven't gone up.
And the deficit is dropping, actually.
And Saddam Hussein didn't have weapons of mass destruction.

And the moon landing was real.
And FEMA isn't building concentration camps.
And UN election observers aren't taking over Texas.
And moderate reforms of the regulations on the insurance industry
And the financial services industry
Are not the same thing as communism.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#801329 Nov 10, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
Mitt lost the election because he is a liar. The other two sicko rape talking idiots did the Democrats a favor.
Women aren't going to stand for this shyt anymore, get a life.
Rapists babies a gift from God? Someone needs to rape that fker and then we'll talk.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#801330 Nov 10, 2012
From Rush Limbaugh, Sean Hannity and Donald Trump to all the anonymous creators of the wild fabrications that churn out of websites and go viral in emails, the relentless vilification of Obama has been unprecedented. Sure, every president suffers unfair criticism. Many of our most effective presidents, from Thomas Jefferson and Abraham Lincoln to Franklin Roosevelt and Bill Clinton, have been slandered and hounded by critics. But Obama’s detractors have plumbed new and revolting depths of mendacity.

Obama’s birthplace, his paternity, his religion, his academic attainments, his citizenship and his loyalty to the country have all been called into question by people who feel no moral qualms about spreading fabrications and untruths. Any unfair tactic, any lie is justified in order to “take back America” from someone they refuse to accept as a legitimate president, despite the indisputable reality that he was elected by a majority of American voters in a near-landslide of electoral votes.

It is a false equivalence to say the left has been guilty of similar smears during the administrations of Republican presidents. In those past instances, all but a few Democratic elected officials shunned such slanders. The same was true for all but the most rabid liberal commentators. But most of today’s Republican leaders stay silent in the face of the lies and many eagerly repeat them, while leading conservative pundits give the endless falsehoods credence, not an honest critique.

The right wing’s eagerness to engage in deceit has distorted credible conservatism and corrupted political discourse. It has turned the Grand Old Party into a rigid and narrow ideological club that tries to purge any Republican who displays even a hint of moderation or willingness to compromise.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/topofthe...
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#801331 Nov 10, 2012
Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>I have a job. I own and manage a housing complex with over 50 units. I don't allow welfare mammies or ghetto-rats, though for some reason none have ever applied here anyway.
Probaly because you require a secutity deposit .

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#801332 Nov 10, 2012
FORWARD to Obamageddon wrote:
<quoted text>All you need to look at to prove your point, is the radicalism taught by any professor at Any University USA. They lean anti-American and there is no tolerance for opinions that are conservative.
Liberals worry about rape and made it a Republican issue during the election, but don't mind that Obama will allow UN hoodlums to influence our future and China to own it as he weakens us militarily and financially.
And where is he now? In Washington furiously working on the looming end of tax cuts for the middle class, or on a tour of Southeast Asia?
Republicans made Rape an issue.

Thy made the comments

No you right whiners blame Democrats?

I have a suggestion, if you don't want rape as an issue quit trying to redefine it, blame women for it and think God sanctions it.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#801334 Nov 10, 2012
Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
Guess what!! Great news!! I just learned that Obamacare not only covers abortions and birth control. It also covers "gender reidentification surgery", i.e. "sex change operations"! That's just f'kin wonderful. I'm absolutely in favor of paying for that! Aren't you? I guess 50% of Americans are in favor of paying for it. "And the hits just keep on coming!"
I'd rather pay for that than another war.......
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#801335 Nov 10, 2012
On Fox, EPI's Christian Dorsey Shoots Down Laura Ingraham's Claim That Business Layoffs Are Due To Obama Re-Election

http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/11/09/on-f...
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#801336 Nov 10, 2012
Breaking News: Mayor Bloomberg has just finished a speech in N.Y. He announced that progress is being made in negotiations between the Brotherhood of Electrical Workers and the power companies and that power in N.Y. may be back on as early as Wednesday, but definitely no later than next Saturday. If it's not back on by Saturday he will seriously consider signing an executive order allowing non-union workers to perform the work. Union leaders expressed outrage, stating that Mayor Bloomberg is "stealing food from their children's mouths" and is just trying to "bust the unions". They have vowed to hold their ground until their demands are met.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#801337 Nov 10, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Probaly because you require a secutity deposit .
it's probably the burning cross.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 36 min Frijoles 71,119
Disgraceful treatment at O'Hare 45 min far away 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 181,872
The truth regarding Ebola 1 hr STORY NOW ON TV 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 51,264
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Earthling-1 49,238
The Violence in Chicago is from Gangs and Not t... 2 hr joey 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:21 pm PST