Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1548162 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

FORWARD to Obamageddon

Watertown, CT

#801569 Nov 10, 2012
richard wrote:
man ,..
this country is phuked up --
we have children in charge
prepare for some very hard times ahead of us -- things will slowly get worse ,...and then all hell will break loose ,...obama and the senate democrats will drive the western world in to total economic collapse ,.. there is noting to stop it now -
Obama-Biden destroying America faster than Al Qaeda ever dreamed! And they both started with Wall Street.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#801570 Nov 10, 2012
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi loser!
Obama thumped your DB's.
That must hurt. America said: hey waxturd! we don't like you. Or your ideas about things. We leave you out of the loop. Just sit there and cry: YOU DON'T MATTER!
just sour grapes losers on here for four more?
It's cool! We need our comedy! Laughing at you is fun! You are so stupid. Really dumb.
Our guy won! Hurray! Threaten all you want, right wingers lay off etc...... really it's right wingers get left out and left behind.
Tax increase? Boehner: whaaaaaa whaaaaaa whaaaaaa!
LOL
LOL
LOL
Do you like to whistle past the graveyard too?
FORWARD to Obamageddon

Watertown, CT

#801571 Nov 10, 2012
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi loser!
Obama thumped your DB's.
That must hurt. America said: hey waxturd! we don't like you. Or your ideas about things. We leave you out of the loop. Just sit there and cry: YOU DON'T MATTER!
just sour grapes losers on here for four more?
It's cool! We need our comedy! Laughing at you is fun! You are so stupid. Really dumb.
Our guy won! Hurray! Threaten all you want, right wingers lay off etc...... really it's right wingers get left out and left behind.
Tax increase? Boehner: whaaaaaa whaaaaaa whaaaaaa!
LOL
LOL
LOL
But you've got it all wrong. Obama won. You won. No problem, along the lines of: if you can't beat'em, join em. I asked my wife to finish out this year to reduce our annual income so that we're in a lower bracket. I am also checking with my accountant and portfolio advisor to see what changes are necessary to show fewer assets and stay under the radar. My brother-in-law already told me that if Romney had won, he'd be able to hire more people for his company. Now, he will stay below ObamaCare.

Life is good.

Now, we just get to sit back and enjoy the show.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#801572 Nov 10, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
'Meatless Mondays': LA urges residents to turn vegetarian one day a week
Does this mean only cabbage wraps allowed on GULAG Fascist Mondays?
:-)
(ah coulnd't resist lol)
Good thing some of us like cabbage wraps.

Maybe it's just a matter of time before some of these people realize how deep in the hole they're digging themselves.
FORWARD to Obamageddon

Watertown, CT

#801573 Nov 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
His Mormonism was definitely a factor in a lot of republicans and conservatives not voting.
But it might just prove to have been a blessing in disguise.
Romney is a wealthy successful guy and overall good guy. If he had been a Democrat, his wealth and his religion would not have mattered. Like many other super rich, he can probably life the rest of his life on a private island somewhere and not have a care in the world. And, at least he won't have that haggard post-president look that Obama already has. Although, I think with no campaigning, Obama will now be able to slow the pace.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#801574 Nov 10, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to disappoint your doubt, but I've actually walked the walked, not just driveled the talk.
And No, I don't support ANY such ignorance. I just live in the real world (which btw, in my opinion, does contain alt of bawrneys fiefDUHMS these days, just look around at all the deviance from anything even resembling anything containing some actual REAL ethics. But hey, that's reality these days.
There is plenty of evidence that ethics is in short supply in both business and Washington. There isn't ANY reason people should get free handouts just because they don't want to work, that's a no-brainer. It's also a no-brainer that it was top end lack of ethics that caused the economy to tank. At the same time, how is firing people who DO want to work supportive of the notion that corporations are AT ALL interested in building the economy?(It seems more likely that reducing labor costs is going to get that CEO his bonus at the fiscal quarter.) Isn't 47% more than enough? Nevada has 11.8% unemployment - isn't THAT enough?
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#801575 Nov 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Historians will look back on this time and scratch their heads.
Oh yeah!

They will.

carol: 1955 the time I love. Abortion illegal. No Medicare. No social security. Everyone in church and working. Blissful times. America building interstates, dams, schools, housing.....affordable for all. Most people covered on med plan at job. No gov national debt. Bliss!

Hey carol: 1955: top earners "happily" paid a fed tax rate of 60%. After all deductions.

Republicans have wittled that down to Mitt's current 13.9%!

And still you cry for more tax cuts!

National Debt went from zero to $16 trillion during this right wing experiment.

Wealth went up in the richest......down for everyone else.

These are facts: something you refuse to comprehend.

Right wing policies have created an unhealthy economy.

THAT'S WHY WE FIXED IT! OBAMA WINS AGAIN.

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#801576 Nov 10, 2012

ALL residents of metropolitan, 250,000 or more, should be required to drive electric cars. I'll bet not only would their political affiliations change but their belief in global warming would too.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#801577 Nov 10, 2012
Well, anyway, what's done is done. Now it's time to sit back and watch the show. Democrats wanted to be the stars, so now have to hope they don't go down in flames like a Tom Cruise or an Arnold.
FORWARD to Obamageddon

Watertown, CT

#801578 Nov 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You know, Lily, to everything there is a season and a time for every purpose under heaven.
The unions had a purpose at one time, but that time has come and gone. They are now the spoiled children of the democrat party.
The unions are pressing for card check again.

Card Check, known as the Employee Free Choice Act, would strip away rights from workers at companies where unions want to organize. Unions would be instantly recognized once a majority of employees sign authorization cards, and workers would be forced to sign those cards in public in front of union organizers and co-workers who may favor forming a union.

This would allow unions to intimidate workers into signing union cards. Union organizers would even be able to go to the homes of the workers to bully, threaten, and intimidate them into signing union membership cards.

Big Labor wanted Obama to pass Card Check legislation during his first term, but strong opposition from Democrats and Republicans prevented it from happening.

Some "free choice," LOL!

Let's all join unions, shall we?
brown eyes

Christiansburg, VA

#801579 Nov 10, 2012
James Carville said President Obama got a chain-saw attack during first debate by Romney. After election James Carville said Republicans got a two-by-four to the skull. LOL

“Amor patriae.”

Since: Feb 08

Eastern Oregon

#801580 Nov 10, 2012
metropolitan areas
carol

Oviedo, FL

#801581 Nov 10, 2012
FORWARD to Obamageddon wrote:
<quoted text>Romney is a wealthy successful guy and overall good guy. If he had been a Democrat, his wealth and his religion would not have mattered. Like many other super rich, he can probably life the rest of his life on a private island somewhere and not have a care in the world. And, at least he won't have that haggard post-president look that Obama already has. Although, I think with no campaigning, Obama will now be able to slow the pace.
Obama implicated in his victory speech that Romney could become his financial advisor. Somebody's gotta bail him out of this mess.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#801582 Nov 10, 2012
<quoted text>The unions are pressing for card check again.
Card Check, known as the Employee Free Choice Act, would strip away rights from workers at companies where unions want to organize. Unions would be instantly recognized once a majority of employees sign authorization cards, and workers would be forced to sign those cards in public in front of union organizers and co-workers who may favor forming a union.
This would allow unions to intimidate workers into signing union cards. Union organizers would even be able to go to the homes of the workers to bully, threaten, and intimidate them into signing union membership cards.
Big Labor wanted Obama to pass Card Check legislation during his first term, but strong opposition from Democrats and Republicans prevented it from happening.
Some "free choice," LOL!
Let's all join unions, shall we?
Why does this scenario sound so familiar?

Oh, yes, Hitler's Germany.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#801583 Nov 10, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
But Obama took some photo ops after Hurricane Sandy.
Isn't he the "never let a good crisis go to waste" president?
What's most astonishing - and alarming - is how tunnel-visioned we've become as a nation.
If ANY candidate shows up at a disaster and throws sandbags, loads a truck or talks to locals it's a photo op and he's branded for not caring. If he doesn't show up, he's branded for not caring.
You are irrational.
-_-world-gone-ma d

Kingston, Jamaica

#801584 Nov 10, 2012
I'm ashamed of what America is and what it has become... All you people taking down flags shouldn't have been allowed to vote in the first place!! voting should be left to those who at least know about the economy and current issues the country is faced with, not a bunch of idiots voting for or against someone because of the colour of their skin!! which is Ironic as most Blacks living inside the US are mixed!

To all the racist people out there especially caucasians telling people to go back to africa unless you're a native american YOU DON'T BELONG IN AMERICA EITHER!! GO BACK TO BRITTAIN!! how evil can you get?? Ready to enslave your own people again!!
carol

Oviedo, FL

#801585 Nov 10, 2012
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah!
They will.
carol: 1955 the time I love. Abortion illegal. No Medicare. No social security. Everyone in church and working. Blissful times. America building interstates, dams, schools, housing.....affordable for all. Most people covered on med plan at job. No gov national debt. Bliss!
Hey carol: 1955: top earners "happily" paid a fed tax rate of 60%. After all deductions.
Republicans have wittled that down to Mitt's current 13.9%!
And still you cry for more tax cuts!
National Debt went from zero to $16 trillion during this right wing experiment.
Wealth went up in the richest......down for everyone else.
These are facts: something you refuse to comprehend.
Right wing policies have created an unhealthy economy.
THAT'S WHY WE FIXED IT! OBAMA WINS AGAIN.
If only the CBO hadn't predicted the economy will grow by 0.05% instead of 1.7% which is necessary to stay afloat if Obama gets his way on January 1.
Kahuna

Port Saint Lucie, FL

#801586 Nov 10, 2012
<quoted text>But you've got it all wrong. Obama won. You won. No problem, along the lines of: if you can't beat'em, join em. I asked my wife to finish out this year to reduce our annual income so that we're in a lower bracket. I am also checking with my accountant and portfolio advisor to see what changes are necessary to show fewer assets and stay under the radar. My brother-in-law already told me that if Romney had won, he'd be able to hire more people for his company. Now, he will stay below ObamaCare.
Life is good.
Now, we just get to sit back and enjoy the show.
I can't tell you how many people I heard from with the same sentiment last evening. Even the guy in his mid 70s who threw the party for several hundred at his home said he has never even tried to game the system in 50 years of work (he still works BTW)-but what the heck he is going to give it a try and see how much free shite he can get, too. Note, OBOTS he is not only highly educated(Mechanical and Electrical Engineer) but also one of the most successful biz owners/entrepreneurs in the area and if the hyphenated-American parasites led by barely coherent social workers can make a living on the system he will indeed make a second fortune.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#801587 Nov 10, 2012
A "good" guy?

Who leaves 72 million without affordable guaranteed by law healthcare! To die in the street! And lies about it on live tv!

A guy who threatens workers with lies about Chrysler?

A guy who personally cut 50,000 jobs? For monetary gain.

No. Not a good guy at all: A LOSER!
<quoted text>Romney is a wealthy successful guy and overall good guy. If he had been a Democrat, his wealth and his religion would not have mattered. Like many other super rich, he can probably life the rest of his life on a private island somewhere and not have a care in the world. And, at least he won't have that haggard post-president look that Obama already has. Although, I think with no campaigning, Obama will now be able to slow the pace.
carol

Oviedo, FL

#801588 Nov 10, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
If ANY candidate shows up at a disaster and throws sandbags, loads a truck or talks to locals it's a photo op and he's branded for not caring. If he doesn't show up, he's branded for not caring.
You are irrational.
Do you know how many people are still without power and homes and FEMA is broke?

Obama did what any president would do after a natural disaster. But he was able to capitalize on it right before an election.

And he did. Big time.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep on slopping God!!! 40 min Yasmine 2
Am I the only one who notices how weird and con... 1 hr Yasmine 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 10,838
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr huntcoyotes 241,568
Time to Fire Trump and Mulvaney 4 hr UR Right JOEY 4
Dissolving Illinois 4 hr DISSATISFIED Citizen 5
bring back vocational schools!! 6 hr UR right Joey 52

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages