Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#800693 Nov 9, 2012
YOU!

know what time it is!

We won! We won

Dance dance dance!

Can't touch me!

Dance dance dance!

We won! We won!

Dance dance dance!

We won! We won!

Can't touch me!

We won! We won!

Dance dance dance! and make romance....
carol

Orlando, FL

#800694 Nov 9, 2012
General Patreus resigns...rather suddenly.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#800695 Nov 9, 2012
And the layoffs keep piling up. Now my brother told me HE is closing a smaller store he has before Jan the 1st.

I guess the gun industry is at least gonna have a great Christmas season.

In the meantime, the printing press is running wild.
carol

Orlando, FL

#800696 Nov 9, 2012
Jean wrote:
Well it's been real.......great time watching the rw nitwittery go off the deep end. Even listened t o Rush a bit and turned on Fox. Love, love, love to see the implosion. Yippee!
The big surprise will be if and when the economy implodes...knowing you helped it.
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#800697 Nov 9, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I made a very concerted effort to find a house which was, because it's important to me.
Personal responsibility, you know.
Good for you, but your remark was irresponsible just the same. Not everyone has that flexibility. Why you on the far left are so simple minded is intriguing.
carol

Orlando, FL

#800699 Nov 9, 2012
dem wrote:
Now lets get back to discussing the rightards hurt feelings about the election.
So far gunner, nobraina, dbwriter, and a few others have killed themselves.
Yawkie's gone berzerkie.
Carol is on suicide watch.
And the nameless trolls are...
Well still the same pathetic fktards.
I made peace with sitting back and just watching the show the day before the election.

But it seems the liberal media is going "berzerkie" as the fiscal cliff looms closer and closer.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#800700 Nov 9, 2012
Conservatives Struggle To Explain How Mitt Romney Lost 2012 Presidential Election

Republicans across the country were shellshocked as President Barack Obama defeated Mitt Romney in Tuesday’s presidential election, finishing the race with 332 electoral votes and winning every battleground state except for North Carolina. The blame game began almost immediately, as Republicans looked to determine how a vulnerable incumbent like Obama had found a pathway to reelection.

The evidence behind the president’s victory points toward a stronger appeal to middle-class Americans, one of the most formidable ground games in the history of politics, and serious failures within the GOP to attract Latino and women voters. But a faction of conservatives were having none of it -- offering up instead a series of explanations for their nominee’s loss, rounded up below:

The media selectively reported Romney's gaffes.
In an op-ed posted to Fox News, Rich Noyes of the conservative Media Research Center slammed the “media’s biased gaffe patrol” for only magnifying every alleged Romney gaffe while failing to treat the president’s missteps equally.“When Obama infamously declared,'You didn’t build that,' ABC, CBS, NBC didn’t report the politically damaging remark for four days,” Noyes wrote. In contrast, the Republican National Committee pounced on the remarks, selectively editing them for use in advertising, and even building an entire convention theme around the out of context quote. In the end, instead of turning on Obama, some voters reacted to the remarks by saying the words in context made them feel more positive about the president.

Fact-checkers were biased.
Noyes, in his mostly bizarre reading of the GOP ticket’s loss, also took aim at bias among the fact-checkers who essentially did their jobs and truth-teamed the Romney campaign's factual misstatements. Noyes homed in on Paul Ryan’s tale about the closure of a General Motors plant at the GOP Convention -- widely criticized as misleading -- arguing the vice-presidential nominee was “correct in all the details.” Noyes curiously left out that Ryan later backpedaled on his own claim, or that on more than one occasion, the Romney campaign was at times called out by its own surrogates for engaging in dishonest attacks.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09/cons...
Lord Fetch

Merrillville, IN

#800702 Nov 9, 2012
carol wrote:
General Patreus resigns...rather suddenly.
bush's wonder boy was gettin' a little on the side...
Lord Fetch

Merrillville, IN

#800703 Nov 9, 2012
Patriot Warrior Tard wrote:
FISCAL CLIFF: 54 DAYS UNTIL $7 TRILLION TAX HIKE
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2012/...
talk to your boys...get 'em to man up
Jean

Newburgh, NY

#800705 Nov 9, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The big surprise will be if and when the economy implodes...knowing you helped it.
You friggin moron..that already happened under Bush. You need medication for the memory problem bobo.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#800708 Nov 9, 2012
The Case of the Missing White Voters

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/201...

GOP Plan B: Embrace the Nonwhite American Future

Read more at http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2012/11...
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#800709 Nov 9, 2012
Jean wrote:
GEn Petraeus resigns . Very personal reasons.
Didn't you leftards call him Gen. Betrayus? Yes, I thought so, full page NYT ad when he worked for Bush. I guess he could no longer tolerate working for the Anti-American Obama.

How much you want to bet Bengahzigate had something to do with it, azzhole?
Lord Fetch

Merrillville, IN

#800710 Nov 9, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you on the far left are so simple minded is intriguing.
ironic post of the day...have a banana
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#800711 Nov 9, 2012
Embracing immigration reform is no quick fix for Republican problems. While it is the central issue, it is more that the party lacks an attitude of inclusion. That will be hard to change given that the nation’s population is becoming increasingly polarized, geographically. Republicans seldom encounter many minorities as peers in their communities from whom they can learn, and Republican congressional districts don’t contain more than a trivial number of minorities due to gerrymandering.

Read more at http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/Columns/2012/11...
carol

Orlando, FL

#800714 Nov 9, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
carol carol carol...i think the right wing election hype drove you over the edge
come back carol...grab my hand...i promise i won't let go
So you're denying we're on the precipice of a fiscal cliff now?

Because that's all I've been bringing to everyone's attention and what is on the lips of everyone in the journalistic world and the White House.

Maybe it's you who needs to grab my hand.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#800716 Nov 9, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I made peace with sitting back and just watching the show the day before the election.
But it seems the liberal media is going "berzerkie" as the fiscal cliff looms closer and closer.
You and "flake"

The gov has the power to impose taxes.

Top 400 in USA alone worth $1.7 TRILLION.

400 PEOPLE!

DON'T PANIC.......USA WORTH $47 TRILLION.

ONLY OWES $16.

NO PROBLEM.

carol. <----- you are so ppppiissssssed off!

(The richest are going to pay a little more)
Lord Fetch

Merrillville, IN

#800717 Nov 9, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Conservatives Struggle To Explain How Mitt Romney Lost 2012 Presidential Election
Republicans across the country were shellshocked as President Barack Obama defeated Mitt Romney in Tuesday’s presidential election, finishing the race with 332 electoral votes and winning every battleground state except for North Carolina. The blame game began almost immediately, as Republicans looked to determine how a vulnerable incumbent like Obama had found a pathway to reelection.
The evidence behind the president’s victory points toward a stronger appeal to middle-class Americans, one of the most formidable ground games in the history of politics, and serious failures within the GOP to attract Latino and women voters. But a faction of conservatives were having none of it -- offering up instead a series of explanations for their nominee’s loss, rounded up below:
The media selectively reported Romney's gaffes.
In an op-ed posted to Fox News, Rich Noyes of the conservative Media Research Center slammed the “media’s biased gaffe patrol” for only magnifying every alleged Romney gaffe while failing to treat the president’s missteps equally.“When Obama infamously declared,'You didn’t build that,' ABC, CBS, NBC didn’t report the politically damaging remark for four days,” Noyes wrote. In contrast, the Republican National Committee pounced on the remarks, selectively editing them for use in advertising, and even building an entire convention theme around the out of context quote. In the end, instead of turning on Obama, some voters reacted to the remarks by saying the words in context made them feel more positive about the president.
Fact-checkers were biased.
Noyes, in his mostly bizarre reading of the GOP ticket’s loss, also took aim at bias among the fact-checkers who essentially did their jobs and truth-teamed the Romney campaign's factual misstatements. Noyes homed in on Paul Ryan’s tale about the closure of a General Motors plant at the GOP Convention -- widely criticized as misleading -- arguing the vice-presidential nominee was “correct in all the details.” Noyes curiously left out that Ryan later backpedaled on his own claim, or that on more than one occasion, the Romney campaign was at times called out by its own surrogates for engaging in dishonest attacks.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/09/cons...
There's no way anyone with even the remotest access to the internet—and its myriad polling aggregator sites—would think they were headed toward any sort of big victory. That's why conservative media worked so hard to convince their audience that the polling was "skewed". They willfully made themselves breathtakingly stupid.
And now, refusing to learn their lesson, they continue to willfully disregard the evidence.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2012/11/08/1158...
Lord Fetch

Merrillville, IN

#800720 Nov 9, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't you leftards call him Gen. Betrayus? Yes, I thought so, full page NYT ad when he worked for Bush. I guess he could no longer tolerate working for the Anti-American Obama.
hey dickhole....i'll bet mrs petraeus is callin' him that right now...typical republic*nt...always backing the loser
Jean

Newburgh, NY

#800721 Nov 9, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
We unrepublicans don"'t run in packs....please....call Rush, wtch fox and grab Carol's hand beore you write your next post. And then gfy .

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#800722 Nov 9, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you talking about our all volunteer military or how dangerous it is to work on an oil rig?
Eman"
"leosampleanus" has not a clue as to what she is speaking of. She just babbles and offers nothing.
Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min Mandela 71,306
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min Boy G 51,307
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min IB DaMann 49,379
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min jacques Ottawau 182,323
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Mister Tonka 98,888
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr RACE 4,927
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr RACE 1,539
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:57 am PST

NBC Sports12:57AM
Vikings finish off Bears with 13-9 win - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 3:23 AM
Coby Fleener Realizing His Potential, Developing into Solid TE for Colts Offense
NBC Sports 5:10 AM
League office to review Suh step on Monday
Yahoo! Sports 6:45 AM
Marc Trestman and GM Phil Emery fired by Chicago Bears after 5-11 season
ESPN 6:54 AM
Bears fire GM, sources say; Trestman too?