Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
740,801 - 740,820 of 1,095,543 Comments Last updated 3 min ago
dim

Woburn, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
And Carol, who works for $15.00 an hour is worried about her portfolio!!! and emmam, with his penny stocks. Oh please.
How would you know that, Lily K ?
Zew

Johannesburg, South Africa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

I like this comment from the clip: Why did Romney Lose?

1) Underestimating the ever increasing number of takers who want "free" stuff.
2) Underestimating the power of the stupid to be suckered into believing cute slogans like "hope", "change", and "forward".
3) The refusal to take the fight to Obama on things like Fast & Furious and Benghazi.
4) Trying to pander to and placate the "social" conservatives and holy rollers by focusing on issues other than the economy.
5) The inability to make Obama own up to the terrible record accumulated in his first term.

---

I fully agree with it.

Why didnt Romney take the fight to Obama and ask him about the 2008 election lies (promise) to pull US troops out of Afghanistan within 11 months of taking office?

Why didnt he put it to Americans that Obama sent MORE troops

Theres no such thing as clean campaign, Obama played dirty in those adverts, Romney should have used the empty promises from 2008 to fight back.
GW Bush is not the type that would have let Obama get away with it if he were in Romney's shoes.

Romney's camp should take the blame for the loss. They did not lose because Obama ran a better campaign. Obama failed and the Repuiblicans should have used his failure to outdst him.

Those who say the Republicans were an obstruction and the reason Obama failed are politically immature. That happens all over the world where the houses (Congress and Senate in the case of the US) are split between the parties. Its not the Republicans that said Obama must give bailouts to companies that secure jobs in China, and fail to support small business at home.

Obama should have been nailed to the cross for his dismal failure. Theres a lot of ammunition that could have been used to get this incompetent out of the White House.

He says the best is yet to come? What best, what is it that he thinks he can do which he failed to do in the past four years in an economy that has gotten worse since he took over. The US debt has mounted since Obama took office. He blame Bush for his inability to bring that under control. How can he bring it under control when he hands free money over to companies in what is suppose to be a capitalist society?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>What am I your financial advisor? Slight correction in the market, they are not happy with the events in Europe. Homer happy with my 401K since Obama took office in 2009, after Bush had left it gutted, bleeding and left for dead.
Hang on Homer because it is about to take a big hit. People are pulling out and going into cash. If they start buying the yuan we are in big trouble. Wait till these capital gains tax raises and loopholes close. Won't be worth much. It is no coincidence that the stocks most hurt right now is high dividend stocks.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Lord Fetch wrote:
From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself.
Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.
helluva guy...his own staffers couldn't even get home...yep, republican
You won't hear about that on Fox News.
Lord Fetch

Merrillville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> That, my dear, is where you are wrong. Very wrong. I want the federal government out of my life all the way to the constitution.
Me too. I like being in control of my medical and sexual decisions. I like knowing that my insurance premiums are paying for ALL of my healthcare needs. I like knowing that if my contraceptive fails for some reason, I have the choice of whether or not to become a parent for the third time. And I also like knowing that the religious views of some, are not the law for everyone.

Don't you?

“Weak People Blame Others”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>wasn't Romney born in Mexico??
He was born in Detroit . His dad was born in Mexico
OBAMA the GENIUS

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
We still can't afford Planned Parenthood and those adamently against abortion are still forced to pay for it.
Time to sit back and watch the show.
Want to stop abortion?

The richest on earth: mostly right wingers tea party tax cry babies here in the USA:

Set up a fund to take in every unwanted pregnancy child and raise them until 18 plus pay for college and medical insurance. GAURANTEE IT.

oh yeah: also take in right now and raise the estimated one million human beings in the USA waiting to be adopted with no hope of it happening.

This would cost a few billion.

The top 400 who cry about taxes everyday are already worth $1.7 TRILLION as a group. They amassed that with tax rates as is.

So a few billion to raise unwanted human beings is not much.

400 people! That is the front row on the 50 yard line at any game on Sunday.

So do this for your precious life instead of legislating behaviour and abortions will shrink towards zero. And provide all the contraceptives in all States.

Problem solved!

Ohhhhhhh

But these filthy rich whiners are too greedy and selfish to commit to this. Would rather put Mitt and Ryan in your pants, bedroom, tell you how to worship, and cut the richest taxes some more.

THAT IS WHY YOU LOST TUESDAY!

ACA? NOW THAT IS PRO LIFE!
Zew

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so President Obama supported health care reform because he knew conservatives would vote for him
he supported the dream act for illegal immigrants cause it would get him votes from conservatives like Jan Brewer
he withdrew troops from Iraq because neocons would then vote for him
he supports same sex marriage cause that would get him the evangelical vote
unlike Romney who always kept the same position for at least 60 seconds
He did not withdraw troops from Afghanistans as he PROMISED, instead he sent MORE troops to DIE in the hands of the Taliban.

He support same sex marraige because his wife has a penis.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Lord Fetch wrote:
From the moment Mitt Romney stepped off stage Tuesday night, having just delivered a brief concession speech he wrote only that evening, the massive infrastructure surrounding his campaign quickly began to disassemble itself.
Aides taking cabs home late that night got rude awakenings when they found the credit cards linked to the campaign no longer worked.
helluva guy...his own staffers couldn't even get home...yep, republican
Who assumes the company card still works, when the company folds?

They knew who they were working for, did they not?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hang on Homer because it is about to take a big hit. People are pulling out and going into cash. If they start buying the yuan we are in big trouble. Wait till these capital gains tax raises and loopholes close. Won't be worth much. It is no coincidence that the stocks most hurt right now is high dividend stocks.
Flack you have never been right about anything, Homer will just have to hope that the 'even the blind squirrel finds a nut' theory does not come true.
Zew

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

[QUOTE who="Jesus's Fetus's"]Who won the election?[/QUOTE]

Failures and welfare sponges won the elections.

USA lost and will continue to bleed while debt is mounting.

Obama doesnt know what he is doing and doesnt care.

Ask him about fiscal reforms and the dying US troops he'll tell you about his daughters.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who="Jesus's Fetus's"]<quoted text>
Except your space program.
And your military.
[/QUOTE] Defense of America is the main purpose of the federal government. Before you say anything the space program was born under the military and more than 75% is still under the military.
Imhotep

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who="Jesus's Fetus's"]Who won the election?[/QUOTE]

The American people
Zew

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Zew wrote:
2) Underestimating the power of the stupid to be suckered into believing cute slogans like "hope", "change", and "forward".
3) The refusal to take the fight to Obama on things like Fast & Furious and Benghazi.
4) Trying to pander to and placate the "social" conservatives and holy rollers by focusing on issues other than the economy.
5) The inability to make Obama own up to the terrible record accumulated in his first term.
Point No. 2 - means you must never underestimate what stupid people can do with their numbers. Thing is theres just too many of them around.

Too many of them around me.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

Jean wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd bet money that you and every one of the righties in this forum are more likely on the dole than any of the unrepublicans.
And as I've told you morons manytimes.....I need or want nothing from any of you selfish, greedy losers.
id bet I pay more in taxes per month than you earn in a year.

“See how you are?”

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hang on Homer because it is about to take a big hit. People are pulling out and going into cash. If they start buying the yuan we are in big trouble. Wait till these capital gains tax raises and loopholes close. Won't be worth much. It is no coincidence that the stocks most hurt right now is high dividend stocks.
Surprised? Who could expect anything else of job producer "patriots" who have been banking their deductions, incentives and tax cuts in Zurich all along?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Zew wrote:
---
I fully agree with it.
Why didnt Romney take the fight to Obama and ask him about the 2008 election lies (promise) to pull US troops out of Afghanistan within 11 months of taking office?
Why didnt he put it to Americans that Obama sent MORE troops
Theres no such thing as clean campaign, Obama played dirty in those adverts, Romney should have used the empty promises from 2008 to fight back.
GW Bush is not the type that would have let Obama get away with it if he were in Romney's shoes.
Romney's camp should take the blame for the loss. They did not lose because Obama ran a better campaign. Obama failed and the Repuiblicans should have used his failure to outdst him.
Those who say the Republicans were an obstruction and the reason Obama failed are politically immature. That happens all over the world where the houses (Congress and Senate in the case of the US) are split between the parties. Its not the Republicans that said Obama must give bailouts to companies that secure jobs in China, and fail to support small business at home.
Obama should have been nailed to the cross for his dismal failure. Theres a lot of ammunition that could have been used to get this incompetent out of the White House.
He says the best is yet to come? What best, what is it that he thinks he can do which he failed to do in the past four years in an economy that has gotten worse since he took over. The US debt has mounted since Obama took office. He blame Bush for his inability to bring that under control. How can he bring it under control when he hands free money over to companies in what is suppose to be a capitalist society?
Wrong, in 2008 while campaigning he promised to send more troops to Afghanistan which he did.

Spending doesn't reset when the new guy takes over, there was plenty already in place including a couple of unfunded wars.

The stimulis included 287 billion in tax cuts, tax rebates and also tax incentives for small businesses, the back bone of the job creators in this country.

As for your last line, the U.S goverment has a long history of subsidizing corporations(see big oil), this has been going on since long before Obama.
Zew

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

[QUOTE who="Jesus's Fetus's"]<quoted text>
Good to see you are happy with election outcome.[/QUOTE]

I am, because bad economy means less and less money will be pumped into welfare. Its going to get to a point where China cuts the line of credit to the US, thats when shit will hit the fan.

Agro subsidies will go, free / subsidised abortion, free ARVs and free contraceptives will go, food prices will skyrocket moer will fly.

You can kiss those food stamps goodbye.

The US economy is not going to recover.

Obama is re-inforcing the roots of anarchy and he doesnt care about you, he'll simply take off to Indonesia where he grew up under the care of his Indonesian stepfather.

I dont blame those who have taken to forming militia groups in frustration.

Do you really believe that a nonchalant guy like Obama cares? Obama does NOT care about any of you.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 9, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Defense of America is the main purpose of the federal government. Before you say anything the space program was born under the military and more than 75% is still under the military.
700 billion a year on defense, when is enough enough Flack? We outspend the next 10 highest countries combined.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min Learn to Read 176,762
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 41 min Mothra 46,229
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 46 min Shanaynay 3,909
Defense Logistics Support 47 min Its me Albie 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,775
Abby 8-21 1 hr edogxxx 1
Amy 8-21 1 hr edogxxx 1

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••