Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1293622 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lula, GA

#800669 Nov 9, 2012
Woo Hoo 4 more years!...Now hopefully the Republicans will realize that hate is not an American value and begin working WITH Obama and the Democrats to move us FORWARD!
Ridin Razor

Tonawanda, NY

#800671 Nov 9, 2012
I didn't threaten you. I made a promise.

Talk about dumb? Hot Damn, you're an imbecile.

Whoring? HA! I just pitched you, FIL-THY! That's All.

And wait til you see what I did to you ...(?).
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
She is off her meds.
She was whoring around under different names and was dumb enough to threaten me.
The nicest guy on topix.

Lillington, NC

#800674 Nov 9, 2012
Revenge Voting wrote:
<quoted text>Go look it up yourself you lazy Phk.22 employees who voted for Obama terminated. Now go shit on a cop car you OWSer.So I can watch the cops crack your skull.

They will collect benefits while searching for a better job.

The owner: no more business. Idiot republican.

Republicans laid off 8 million last time!

America still here! China more jobs! Republicans really blow!

Republicans: let's build a strong China middle class!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#800678 Nov 9, 2012
carol wrote:
Well, nevermind about taking a vote:
"President Barack Obama said Friday he’s ready to get to work on a deal to avert going over the fiscal cliff at the end of the year. But, he stressed, he believes he has the authority to press his vision after winning re-election."
The Narcissist-In-Chief is back.
Everybody buckle up. We're going over for sure.
Carol, you guys lost. If the American people wanted the Republican plan, they would have won.

Certainly, Obama can find a dozen or so Republicans that actually give a crap about their country. I mean there are some, right?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#800679 Nov 9, 2012
sister kathy wrath wrote:
Fraud~ian slip there Red? Gotta keep the 40 years old ruse going.
AHaHaaHaaaa ... You f**ken a$$.
<quoted text>
You're hilarious when you grasp at straws. But I think you overshot your jump - that muffin was a bit too close to the fiscal cliff.

“We're doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#800681 Nov 9, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>who is Sheba Of Arksarai?
Supposedly Big Tuna's bi-sexual sister? I don't know if she was real or not, but she wrote too well to be a Bates Motel resident.

Newburgh, NY

#800682 Nov 9, 2012
GEn Petraeus resigns . Very personal reasons.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#800686 Nov 9, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Hey Genius the money people have belongs to them. The country has no money at all. It only takes money from one person and gives it to another. Friggin' libtards are SO stupid!!! I have to leave. PEACE!!! These are the people running the country? We are so screwed!!!

Another right whiner who doesn't want to support their country. Somehow, Flack seems to think the country should perhaps make money somehow.

How about we charge people like you for the protection of our military, the police protection,the protection the courts provide, our energy system, communication system, electrical grid, highways, trains, ports, food safety, etc etc etc

Oh wait, we do.

Its called taxes.

I guess Flack wants all these thongs handed to him free? And he has the nerve to call others moochers.

How pathetic.

El Paso, TX

#800688 Nov 9, 2012
Liberalism got more of its foot in the door but will it survive? Liberal utopia is about to meet reality!! The reality is we will run out of other people’s Money!! We have a blueprint to show how citizens react when they feel Government has over promise and under deliver!! Riots in the streets Argentina/Greece coming to America soon!!
Lord Fetch

Merrillville, IN

#800689 Nov 9, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Supposedly Big Tuna's bi-sexual sister? I don't know if she was real or not, but she wrote too well to be a Bates Motel resident.
her last post in "you might be a gun tard" suggested that she'd known me for a while...can't recall having the pleasure

Newburgh, NY

#800690 Nov 9, 2012
Well it's been real.......great time watching the rw nitwittery go off the deep end. Even listened t o Rush a bit and turned on Fox. Love, love, love to see the implosion. Yippee!
Ridin Razor

Tonawanda, NY

#800691 Nov 9, 2012
Listen, 1/2 ... Don't over estimate yourself regarding hurting my anything.

Only whoring around on this board is you pimpin' for the perverse and profane. Add names to those 2 adjectives if you'd like.

If I get pissed off, you will surely be the one who gets pissed on. And you are not going to like it.
I've already started to dismantle ...( for you to discover ).
So, got it, eunuch?

You stopped battling me because you lost with humilitation.

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
You get your feelings hurt, mister?
Next time you are whoring under another name watch who you bump into or ill fk your soft head up like I used to.:)
Got it, kkkhunt?

“God Bless our Republic”

Since: Nov 12

Warrior for USA

#800692 Nov 9, 2012

Lillington, NC

#800693 Nov 9, 2012

know what time it is!

We won! We won

Dance dance dance!

Can't touch me!

Dance dance dance!

We won! We won!

Dance dance dance!

We won! We won!

Can't touch me!

We won! We won!

Dance dance dance! and make romance....

Orlando, FL

#800694 Nov 9, 2012
General Patreus resigns...rather suddenly.

“Grow the power within yourself”

Since: Feb 11

Location hidden

#800695 Nov 9, 2012
And the layoffs keep piling up. Now my brother told me HE is closing a smaller store he has before Jan the 1st.

I guess the gun industry is at least gonna have a great Christmas season.

In the meantime, the printing press is running wild.

Orlando, FL

#800696 Nov 9, 2012
Jean wrote:
Well it's been real.......great time watching the rw nitwittery go off the deep end. Even listened t o Rush a bit and turned on Fox. Love, love, love to see the implosion. Yippee!
The big surprise will be if and when the economy implodes...knowing you helped it.

Newington, CT

#800697 Nov 9, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I made a very concerted effort to find a house which was, because it's important to me.
Personal responsibility, you know.
Good for you, but your remark was irresponsible just the same. Not everyone has that flexibility. Why you on the far left are so simple minded is intriguing.

Orlando, FL

#800699 Nov 9, 2012
dem wrote:
Now lets get back to discussing the rightards hurt feelings about the election.
So far gunner, nobraina, dbwriter, and a few others have killed themselves.
Yawkie's gone berzerkie.
Carol is on suicide watch.
And the nameless trolls are...
Well still the same pathetic fktards.
I made peace with sitting back and just watching the show the day before the election.

But it seems the liberal media is going "berzerkie" as the fiscal cliff looms closer and closer.

Indianapolis, IN

#800700 Nov 9, 2012
Conservatives Struggle To Explain How Mitt Romney Lost 2012 Presidential Election

Republicans across the country were shellshocked as President Barack Obama defeated Mitt Romney in Tuesday’s presidential election, finishing the race with 332 electoral votes and winning every battleground state except for North Carolina. The blame game began almost immediately, as Republicans looked to determine how a vulnerable incumbent like Obama had found a pathway to reelection.

The evidence behind the president’s victory points toward a stronger appeal to middle-class Americans, one of the most formidable ground games in the history of politics, and serious failures within the GOP to attract Latino and women voters. But a faction of conservatives were having none of it -- offering up instead a series of explanations for their nominee’s loss, rounded up below:

The media selectively reported Romney's gaffes.
In an op-ed posted to Fox News, Rich Noyes of the conservative Media Research Center slammed the “media’s biased gaffe patrol” for only magnifying every alleged Romney gaffe while failing to treat the president’s missteps equally.“When Obama infamously declared,'You didn’t build that,' ABC, CBS, NBC didn’t report the politically damaging remark for four days,” Noyes wrote. In contrast, the Republican National Committee pounced on the remarks, selectively editing them for use in advertising, and even building an entire convention theme around the out of context quote. In the end, instead of turning on Obama, some voters reacted to the remarks by saying the words in context made them feel more positive about the president.

Fact-checkers were biased.
Noyes, in his mostly bizarre reading of the GOP ticket’s loss, also took aim at bias among the fact-checkers who essentially did their jobs and truth-teamed the Romney campaign's factual misstatements. Noyes homed in on Paul Ryan’s tale about the closure of a General Motors plant at the GOP Convention -- widely criticized as misleading -- arguing the vice-presidential nominee was “correct in all the details.” Noyes curiously left out that Ryan later backpedaled on his own claim, or that on more than one occasion, the Romney campaign was at times called out by its own surrogates for engaging in dishonest attacks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 198,696
cubs 4 hr Joey 2
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr mdbuilder 54,980
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Jane Dahlinger 100,883
(28) Qualitat kitchen review 7 hr siticuy 1
News Funding for Chicago's anti-violence programs fr... 7 hr Joey 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr Whiny1 6,620
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages