Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
VeganTiger

Seattle, WA

#799558 Nov 8, 2012
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2012/11/07/vegas...

A primary care clinic close to the ER I am working at will be clsing it's door on Februiary the 2nd 2013. THis just got to us today and is definitely a big news.

The docs and nurses will likely find work somewhere, but the rest....
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#799559 Nov 8, 2012
Homer wrote:
Peppy, so what are you in the Republican party going to do to have any shot at all in winning the presidency in 2016?
What are you going to do huh?
What? What?

Or maybe we just find a way to get rid of all those pesky minorities, you have any ideas how we could do that without causing a ruckus?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#799560 Nov 8, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Our only chance is to run a hispanic. With the changing demographics, white male republican men do not stand a chance. It ain't the Reagan era anymore. Obama got 96% black vote, 74% hispanic vote and 70% asian vote.
I thought Romney should have picked Rubio, it ends up Ryan did not help him anyway.
Besides Joe Biden is hinting at running in 2016. If that happens, we could run with Strom Thurmond and win.
Why not just run Nixon again....I think 'The Simpsons' producers have his head in a jar somewhere.

Your only chance is to embrace Latinos, Blacks, and Asians, in REALITY, rather than fairy tales.

Good luck.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#799561 Nov 8, 2012
Failure of the Conservative Media to Predict Election Symptomatic of Bankrupt Ideology

If you listened to any prominent right wing media outlet during the week leading up to the election, you would have thought it was in the bag for Mitt Romney. Right wing pundits like Karl Rove, William Kristol and Charles Krauthammer predicted a close but definitive victory for Obama, Dick Morris boldly predicted the GOP would break 300 electoral votes, and incredibly, George Will thought Romney would take a whopping 326 (Romney won 206 electoral votes). In fact, the Right wing media was positively giddy with excitement believing they had finally unseated the Muslim Communist presiding in the White House.

Meanwhile, the supposedly Ďliberalí media was projecting a fairly decisive win for the President, in large part due to the predictions of the New York Timeís polling expert Nate Silver.

Why the difference?

In short, the Right used ideology as the intellectual underpinning of their projections, while everyone else used facts. Nate Silver isnít a mystic or the modern incarnation of Nostradamus Ė heís an extraordinarily thorough polling analyst who bases predictions on a formula that accounts for real world margins of error and reporting discrepancies. It isnít perfect, but the methodology is pretty airtight when it comes to projecting accurate odds. Thatís why every half decent political analyst took Silverís projections seriously and discounted the Right wing noise machine when it came to picking a winner.

This theme of fantasy vs reality goes far deeper than picking the winner in Presidential elections. It goes to the heart of what now constitutes conservatism in America, and why it is in perpetual decline.

http://thedailybanter.com/2012/11/failure-of-...

The Right believes that because it believes something, it must be true. And they keep finding out that it doesnít.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#799562 Nov 8, 2012
Last night, Roger Ailes' walls came tumbling down. Because their foundations were not based in reality, just ratings. Fox deserves a great deal of credit for re-electing president Obama. Because they refused to see who he actually was, they could not effectively counter him. They countered a figment of their imagination - and it was a particularly nasty, bilious, mean figment. Their universe became a black hole last night, sucking almost all of them in.

http://andrewsullivan.thedailybeast.com/2012/...
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

#799563 Nov 8, 2012
I don't NEED a News outlet to clarify what I hear and can deduce.

Good call on your 3rd statement.

Bah, I wouldn't strike you. You're harmless. ;)

You get respect when you give respect. Respect is earned.
Obama made so many disparaging remarks and comments about The Republicans in his first term and during this Campaign, he hasn't earned their respect.

Fred resides in a totally different reality than I.

Bah ...
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Bah, stop already. The only people that make the claim that the president is/was rude & divisive are Fox News viewers and rightwing retards. You strike me as neither. But don't actually strike me.
The president being rude and devisive resides in that same altermate reality Fred resides in where Romney wins 44 states and a filibuster proof Senate.
(insert response down here)
(or down here)
(or here)
Richard Kranium

Emmaus, PA

#799564 Nov 8, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Calm down, I did not ask you stop breathing. you are turning purple for goodness sakes. Take a deep breath.
I am just saying, instead of snapping at people the way you do, you should focus on becoming a nicer, kinder, more caring Homer. And showing pictures of kittens to Carol is not enough.
he needs a glass of wine and a pedicure to calm his nerves. OOhhh maybe a nice relaxing facial
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#799565 Nov 8, 2012
10 right-wingers who got the election hilariously wrong

So much for hunches and gut instincts. Maybe in 2016, these would-be pollsters will read Nate Silver like adults

http://www.salon.com/2012/11/08/ten_right_win...

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#799566 Nov 8, 2012
No Mo Obamas wrote:
Just wait until all the stupid latinos find out how dumb they really are when the price of their tortillas and chips go sky high! Can't wait fot the beaners to self deport with their damn kids and go back to where they belong.
Burning corn for ethanol had destroyed the tortillas industry. It is too expensive for Mexicans now thanks to idiot nerd Al Gore!

Now he admits he was wrong about it!!!

http://www.treehugger.com/corporate-responsib...

Al Gore says his support for corn-based ethanol subsidies while serving as vice president was a mistake that had more to do with his desire to cultivate farm votes in the 2000 presidential election than with what was good for the environment.
"It is not a good policy to have these massive subsidies for first-generation ethanol," Gore said at a green energy conference in Athens, Greece ... On reflection, Gore said the energy conversion ratios -- how much energy is produced in the process -- "are at best very small." "One of the reasons I made that mistake is that I paid particular attention to the farmers in my home state of Tennessee," he said, "and I had a certain fondness for the farmers in the state of Iowa because I was about to run for president."

Westerville, OH

#799567 Nov 8, 2012
Obama wrote:
I won. Get over it.
And we the people lost and we are not getting over it!

Westerville, OH

#799568 Nov 8, 2012
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>Yes the party must go on without the republicans.
Until money runs out and China refuse to lend any more and then Greece will come home, hopefully to a neighborhood near you!
carol

Denver, CO

#799569 Nov 8, 2012
Mitt Romney's concession sermon...

My friends... I know I speak for Ann and myself when I express our heartfelt thanks for all the work you did for us during the recent election.

I wanted to be your President very badly and I'm sure I would have been, but it wasn't to be. The American people decided on another leader and I honor their choice.

Sadly, the Mormon Church, the faith we all love, invested everything on this bad bet and we will henceforth become a branch of the Presbyterians who are, apparently, better with their money and less given to grand, pointless gestures.

From now on you can address me as, "Bishop Paddy O'Romney and Ann as, "my wee, bonnie lass." We made a deal and we mean to stick by it.

On the plus side, there's a lot of haggus, enough now to last us years and years and years. I hope you like haggus?(a wee laugh ripples through the assembly.)

We Mormons are used to disappointment, I know how much many of you invested in our cause, but, on the bright side, we're a church so it's tax deductible. When Mormons give to "charity" we mean, "The Church," so we're able to skirt those job-killing tax laws just like the Presbyterians and Catholics have been doing all these years.

So, in closing, let me quote the Poet, Bobby Burns and say, "The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men,
Gang aft agley,
An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain,
For promis'd joy!
(The best laid schemes of Mice and Men
oft go awry,
And leave us nothing but grief and pain,
For promised joy!)"

Westerville, OH

#799571 Nov 8, 2012
VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>Well, carol thanks for sticking your head out here to these coyotes. Anyways, I did not vote for Romney, but still would have preferred him to Obama. The problem is that in any case it would have been a gridlock and a Democrat senate would have been guaranteed to block it the other way as well.

So I must AGAIN ask the republicans here. Isn't it time to start building a REAL alternative to the democrats? Or, do you want to have all this happening again in 4 years? Because true my words, it WILL again if the RNC keeps electing unwinnables.
Herman Cain was true conservative!

We can not win the constitutionally protected liberal media!

The only way to win in spite of them is with another true articulate Reagan!

Westerville, OH

#799572 Nov 8, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>Well, I'm talking about Egypt. You very commonly lie by omission, thus, I present the missing pieces. You don't like it, I know. Cockroaches don't like it when they're uncovered, either.

Your pretending to be ignorant of Muslim attempts to institute Sharia Law in America is shameful. Being stupid is one thing. Acting stupid is another. But you've got all the bases covered, Dood. Sharia Law is causing concern all throughout Europe, too, as we speak.

Chicago Tribune - Arcapita secures sharia-compliant bankruptcy loan: http://tinyurl.com/bjqm48j

PJ media - Sharia Law in the United States: http://pjmedia.com/tatler/2011/04/30/sharia-l...

YouTube is full of videos documenting Muslims who discriminate here in America. Use that face pecker of yours to bang the keyboard. Don't play coy, stupid. The Islamic sickness from abroad is alive and slithering here in America.

You're a Jerk!
As a Muslim issue semi-expert, I concur what you say is totally true and worst than what you think!
carol

Denver, CO

#799574 Nov 8, 2012
new yawk wrote:
I don't NEED a News outlet to clarify what I hear and can deduce.
Good call on your 3rd statement.
Bah, I wouldn't strike you. You're harmless. ;)
You get respect when you give respect. Respect is earned.
Obama made so many disparaging remarks and comments about The Republicans in his first term and during this Campaign, he hasn't earned their respect.
Fred resides in a totally different reality than I.
Bah ...
<quoted text>
Aye, an' speakin' o' somat needs a wee facial now an' agin..
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#799576 Nov 8, 2012
Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>One of the most effective birth control pills is an aspirin held between a woman's knees.
But, but that requires self restraint, self dicipline and it's just not gooDUH fer that speshull givverment checks type litter breeding!
carol

Denver, CO

#799578 Nov 8, 2012
C'mere, lass, an' sit ye down on me knobbly Blackthorn an' lossen yere corsets sommat t' ease the northward passage.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#799580 Nov 8, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>FOX afternoon story__bullshyte as usual. International waters were?
BTW the image FOX is using to "enhance" the report looks like it was photo shopped by a third grader.
You're such an idiot.

Nyt

" WASHINGTON - Iranian warplanes fired at an unmanned American military surveillance drone in international airspace over the Persian Gulf last week, Pentagon officials disclosed Thursday, saying that while the aircraft was not hit, Washington made a strong protest to Tehran."
VeganTiger

Seattle, WA

#799582 Nov 8, 2012
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Burning corn for ethanol had destroyed the tortillas industry. It is too expensive for Mexicans now thanks to idiot nerd Al Gore!
Now he admits he was wrong about it!!!
http://www.treehugger.com/corporate-responsib...
Al Gore says his support for corn-based ethanol subsidies while serving as vice president was a mistake that had more to do with his desire to cultivate farm votes in the 2000 presidential election than with what was good for the environment.
"It is not a good policy to have these massive subsidies for first-generation ethanol," Gore said at a green energy conference in Athens, Greece ... On reflection, Gore said the energy conversion ratios -- how much energy is produced in the process -- "are at best very small." "One of the reasons I made that mistake is that I paid particular attention to the farmers in my home state of Tennessee," he said, "and I had a certain fondness for the farmers in the state of Iowa because I was about to run for president."
Ash, that anyone takes Mullah Gore seriously is still fun to notice. I said more than 10 years ago that the ethanol industry,(in bed with the globalwarming liars) will cause the death of thousands of people in the third world as global food prices rise due to this idiocy. This will continue since you cannot win Iowa neither in a primary nor in general unless you pay these people off with ethanol subsidies. At the same time, Organic fruits and veggies get no relief. The meat industry keep reaping huge subsidies.

I am really enjoying the days now. Much more fun to sit back and watch the next 4 years as an amusement, than having to watch angry liberals with Bush lied, eh I mean Romney lied posters all over.

Also, where is the anti-war crowd nowadays? Are you guys busy telling the rest what a great peacemaker Obama is?

And Libya is not even looked into yet. Drip drip drip...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49729998

TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#799583 Nov 8, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You want to be Thelma or Louise? I'm quite ready to give the obstructionists a taste of their own medicine. KY has too many moochers
So for once I have to say I don't why you got so many red X's and disagrees w/that comment. Maybe for the BS and lies parts, currently edited out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Jacques Ottawa 180,935
EverGreen Belgrade 13 min The__Baron 14
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min Earthling-1 48,587
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr TRD 68,795
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr JOEL 70,617
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr j_m_w 98,695
anybody know Glen Musielak? Glentech? (Mar '13) 5 hr Gary Seven 38
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]