Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 36,995)

Showing posts 739,881 - 739,900 of1,071,768
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Never said that...I just ahev been over there and understand the type of warfare is going on in that region...YOU DONT SEEM TO GET IT..
You're right, I don't get why Obama didn't protect the people that were killed when they repeatedly asked for help, I don't get why Obama didn't send troops to help them while they were being attacked, I don't get why Obama blamed a video for the attacks, I don't get why Obama continues to do nothing, and I don't get why you are defending him.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>He got spanked.-
Without twelve toss up states (MN, NV, CO, IA, WI, MI, OH, PA, NH, VA, NC, AND FL), Mitt Romney and Barack Obama are tied at 191 each. I predict Mr. Romney will win FL (29), NC (15), VA (13), NH (4), OH (18), IA (6), CO (9) and Mr. Obama will get MN (10), NV (6), WI (10), MI (16), PA (20). This brings Mr. Romney to 285 Electoral College votes and Mr. Obama to 253. These are just my base predictions and I still think several of these states are too close to call. For example, while I put them in Mr. Obama's column, I still believe NV, WI, and PA are in play and very winnable for Mr. Romney. If crowds at his recent stops in these states are any indication of his supporters' enthusiasm, Mr. Romney will likely be able to claim victory in these states as well.
http://rove.com/election
Yeah, Rasmussen must be equally proud eh?

Nate Silver pretty much nailed it though and of course Homer.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-na...

The verdict is in on polling for the 2012 presidential race. New York Times statistical savant Nate Silver’s projections came very close to the actual outcome on both popular vote and the electoral college.

Gallup and Fox News favorite Rasmussen Reports — whose surveys consistently predicted a better outcome for Republican Mitt Romney — missed the mark.

Silver’s FiveThirtyEight blog at nytimes.com had made a final prediction of 313 electoral votes for President Obama to 225 electoral votes for Romney. Obama had 303 electoral votes in the bag by early Wednesday morning. If the president maintains his slim lead in Florida, which stood at 47,000 votes Wednesday afternoon, he will finish with 332 electoral votes.

Silver projected a 2.5-percentage-point popular vote edge for Obama. The margin stood at 2 points, with some ballots still to be counted.

Gallup’s national tracking poll, in contrast, had shown Romney with a lead of as much as 5 points. It stopped daily tracking in the aftermath of Superstorm Sandy, and one day before the election showed the Republican nominee leading by 1 point. Rasmussen’s final tracking poll also showed Romney with a 1-point lead.

Ohio -- Rasmussen: dead heat. Actual: Obama by 2.

Virginia -- Rasmussen: Romney +2. Actual: Obama by 3.

Iowa -- Rasmussen: Romney +1. Actual: Obama by 6.

Wisconsin -- Rasmussen: tie. Actual: Obama by 7.

Colorado -- Rasmussen: Romney +3. Actual: Obama by 5.

Some conservative media outlets used the Rasmussen polling to prop up a narrative in the final days of the campaign that Romney had momentum and a good chance of winning the White House.

Averages of all the big polls tended to show otherwise — giving Obama a razor-thin margin in the popular vote and small but consistent leads in most of the battleground states that would decide the election.

In many of those battlegrounds, Rasmussen’s preelection surveys stood out. Other polls mostly showed Obama with a lead, sometimes larger than the polls’ margins of error.

Rasmussen has drawn scrutiny before because it employs automated surveys that do not reach mobile phones, which more and more Americans use as their primary form of communication.

http://www.latimes.com/news/politics/la-pn-na...

I told you fckers to listen to Homer about Rasmussen being a rightwing hack site.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, Rasmussen must be equally proud eh?
Nate Silver pretty much nailed it though and of course Homer.
Yep

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Is Israel on the list?
Apparently it is the U.S. taxpayers' duty to support the entire worlds' economy.

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/U...

Gee, why don't we get to vote on whether we want to be the source of global welfare or not?

:[

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
so didn't i just see some wingnut spouting FOX originated Benghazi lies?
so when do the FOX lies get wiped? since the FOXbots now have no reason to be paranoid NOR obsessed about Obama. I mean, what good is it going to do at this point? better to save up all the lies so then they can take another shot in 2016 of getting no votes from over half the country.
So why do you care about Fox? At all? For what purpose? They can't hurt your president, especially since you feel they are so irrelevant. Just wondering why you care at all, and so VERY, VERY much, to continuously post about them.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Has Fox News declared Romney the winner yet?
CunningLinguist

Tavares, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
Romney Camp Retooling Campaign After Latest Setback
BOSTON—Calling it “a small bump in the road,” sources within Romney headquarters announced plans Wednesday to readjust their campaign strategy following their candidate’s loss of the 2012 presidential election to Barack Obama.
“Obviously the defeat yesterday was tough, but we’re confident we can get right back on track and win this thing in the end,” said Romney campaign manager Matt Rhoades, adding that the GOP candidate “won’t be giving up just because of one bad day.”“The country simply can’t survive another four years of President Obama’s failed policies and broken promises. We just have to regroup, reconfigure a few things, and continue spreading our message to the American people that the man to lead this country forward is Mitt Romney.”
“We’re in this for the long haul,” Rhoades continued.“So we’re not going to let something minor, like not getting enough votes in the electoral college, set us back.”
http://www.theonion.com/articles/romney-camp-...
Another onion fan!
You will also enjoy Andy...

November 8, 2012

Republicans Consider Welcoming People Who Believe in Math and Science

WASHINGTON (The Borowitz Report)—Opting for a bold “big tent” strategy to rebuild the party, Reince Priebus, the chairman of the Republican National Committee, told reporters today,“We need to welcome people who believe in different things than we do, like math and science.”

After disappointing results in Tuesday’s election, Mr. Priebus said that it was time for Republicans to become “more tolerant of those with a math-and-science lifestyle.”

“Just because we don’t believe in those things doesn’t mean we can’t get along with people who do,” he said.“We want to send this message: math and science Americans are Americans, too.”

In the biggest departure from its previous electoral strategy, Mr. Priebus said, the Republican Party is “even considering trying to appeal to women.”

“I read recently that women are as much as fifty-one per cent of the population,” he said.“That number sounded crazy high to me, but maybe one of our new math Republicans can check on it for us.”

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/borowit...

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, I don't get why Obama didn't protect the people that were killed when they repeatedly asked for help, I don't get why Obama didn't send troops to help them while they were being attacked, I don't get why Obama blamed a video for the attacks, I don't get why Obama continues to do nothing, and I don't get why you are defending him.
Ok..Even if as soon as report of attack had come in. If at that moment Obama had called for troops to be sent it was all over and people dead by that time....And we cant have hundred of troops at every plave Americans are at in that region....

As far as the video deal I will agree there...The muslim radicals dont like us dont want us there...A video might upset them more but they are already upset with us being there.

I dont get why your attacking Obama for people being killed in a war torn dangerous region...Did you call for Bush to be impeached or arrested when he let thousands die on USA SOIL?? Bet you did not...WAR IS HELL...It is VERY dangerous region over there...Best bet would to close all military bases all embassies and get the heck out of there....BUT NO GOP OF DEM WILL DO THAT....

Yes they had asked for help....But we have many areas over there calling for more troops..We cnat get enough to them all....Oh and even if we had had lets say 100 more troops there the chance is we would have many more dead then 4....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
So why do you care about Fox? At all? For what purpose? They can't hurt your president, especially since you feel they are so irrelevant. Just wondering why you care at all, and so VERY, VERY much, to continuously post about them.
Maybe I'm a paid shill for Media Matters.

Not much different than Dick Morris. Just a hell of a lot more accurate.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>You funny Leo? If... you have a myriad of books, you better start reading? You just have a difficult time comprehending, because I called you out. You are... the proverbial 'new' teacher, all piss and vinegar, because you 'think'.. you know more? There is an old adage. When I was 13, I couldn't believe how stupid my Father was... but when I turn 23,I couldn't believe how much he learned in 10 years.. Start reading those books, Leo...
Still the missing link? Why don't you go with a footnoted citation to one of those "books" you're some how pretending to have read. As to your bastardization of Twain's material, I've little doubt you were just as annoyingly ignorant at 23 as you are at 73.(You know, if I'd done all that brag/fag/drag/obamaclock crap like you, Kvetch, Sam/Sham etc., I wouldn't have the nerve to show my face here without going graybox like the VA idjit.)

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Transformers? You mean besides the ten or so from other countries and the one from NASA? Been busy. Hadn't heard. Will check it out.
Oh and a at least 5 private companies planning to mine the moon, asteroids, and meteors? The move into space is on a quickening pace. It will not be stopped but accelerated.
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

This is the Teflon president nothing stuck so does this indicate we went from a country of accountability/responsibility to a society…. were my Stuff?
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

hee hee hee:

http://tinyurl.com/cqssj9j

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>He's concerned for you and your family. No need to get nasty.
I love how you always rescue the guy who claims to bang people's 11 year old daughters.

Watch, homie. He's going to insult my wife next.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
That was so last quarter--they're now calling him the incumbent.(Who was that Grumpy Old Prevaricator who didn't believe that you, Lily, Browneyes, and I could deliver PA, FL, VA, and OH from the hands of the vulturinator? Oh, s/he of little faith.)
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

flack wrote:
<quoted text> Oh and a at least 5 private companies planning to mine the moon, asteroids, and meteors? The move into space is on a quickening pace. It will not be stopped but accelerated.
I thought you said it would die a slow death if Obama was re-elected? What did you do with the real Flack? Not used to this optimistic fellow.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok..Even if as soon as report of attack had come in. If at that moment Obama had called for troops to be sent it was all over and people dead by that time....And we cant have hundred of troops at every plave Americans are at in that region....
As far as the video deal I will agree there...The muslim radicals dont like us dont want us there...A video might upset them more but they are already upset with us being there.
I dont get why your attacking Obama for people being killed in a war torn dangerous region...Did you call for Bush to be impeached or arrested when he let thousands die on USA SOIL?? Bet you did not...WAR IS HELL...It is VERY dangerous region over there...Best bet would to close all military bases all embassies and get the heck out of there....BUT NO GOP OF DEM WILL DO THAT....
Yes they had asked for help....But we have many areas over there calling for more troops..We cnat get enough to them all....Oh and even if we had had lets say 100 more troops there the chance is we would have many more dead then 4....
That's a flamewarrior you're battling with__just saying.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
Ask sonic. He seems to obsess over fox.
Jimmy

Hartford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 8, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
No - they are waiting for MSNBC's Chris Mathews to say he is happy people died in the storm. Next he will declare Obama dictator.

Iran must be happy Obama won! I guess now we know they will get the nuke. Thanks to idiots like you, we have a more dangerous world where our leaders are allowed to lie to us.

Nice going, brain dead liberal.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 739,881 - 739,900 of1,071,768
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

62 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min LRS 173,573
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 35 min Stuart Cudahy 45,444
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 37 min cheluzal 97,432
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 388
I Hate my life and mom (Aug '07) 2 hr hands on AR 1,756
Negra Nagin gets 10 years-YEAH 2 hr hands on AR 5
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr george 3,812
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••