Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#799640 Nov 8, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>The last person to ask this question was threatened with a face punch........by Tagg Romney.
Next.
I understand how all you Libs hate the fact that while he may have wanted to punch Obama, he instead used self-control and didn't do it. In other words, he acted like a responsible adult.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#799641 Nov 8, 2012
White People Mourning Romney

http://whitepeoplemourningromney.tumblr.com/

The GOP flag at half staff is pretty cool.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#799642 Nov 8, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently not, sweetie.
FweeDUHM checks and SNAP cawds fer everbuhdee!!!!

HAW-YEE!

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#799643 Nov 8, 2012
carol wrote:
Fred ran bare-assed through the flooded streets oblivious to the fate that awaited him. A few hundred yards above him Jane hurtled towards the earth fully absorbed in squeezing a gigantic pustule on her nose. It wouldn't budge and as she frantically worked on it her broom crashed into the pavement just behind the running Fred and then ricocheted off and straight up Fred's ass. One minute he was running along and the next he was impaled on a broken broomstick with a horrible green creature on it squeezing a bloody stump on her nose.
You're better with poetry - can you re-work this?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#799644 Nov 8, 2012
Guess they finally finished counting in Florida? Florida is now a blue state!!! Hurraaahhh!

Romney has conceded Florida, via a statement from his FL advisor Brett Doster. "We thought based on our polling and range of organization that we had done what we needed to win," Doster told reporters this afternoon. "Obviously, we didn't, and for that I and every other operative in Florida has a sick feeling that we left something on the table. I can assure you this won't happen again."

Obama's win in Florida gives him a total of 332 electoral college votes to Mitt Romney's 206.(In 2008, the POTUS beat John McCain by a bigger margin, 365-173.)

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#799646 Nov 8, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>
Woa, woa, woa!
Ease up on them hammers, Jed!
I SAID "LAST OPTION", don't go all knee-jerky on me!
In the case of "radical islam".
We are in a state of WAR with them.
Who started it?
Who cares!
Lets finish it and that's that!
Better things to do with our time, like calling each other names on topix! LOL
RADICAL...major word....Not all islam...Just a small radical group who happen to be muslim...

Stop wanting all out war...Best thing we could do is close all embassie and military bases in all of middle east....Bring home all our troops and people....
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#799647 Nov 8, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Craigslist ad....
Pickup Truck/Campaign Prop (Wrentham)
Rarely used green GMC Canyon pickup truck for sale. Was used mainly to pander to voters so little actual wear and tear. Low mileage and in good shape- truck was garaged for long stretches until owner needed to pretend to be "regular guy." State of art GPS system which allows driver to completely avoid all urban areas, communities of color and Cambridge. Alignment might need some work- truck always seems to pull to the right.
Several vintage political bumper stickers need to be removed.
Scott Brown?
carol

Denver, CO

#799648 Nov 8, 2012
<quoted text>Well done.
:)
Well, this is a nice change. What're you wearing? Sorry, bad habit.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#799649 Nov 8, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
You can start a civil war and kill them all; that's what the rightwingers want to do anyway.
Their motto: If ya can't beat 'em with a billion dollars; kill 'em
I'm right behind ya!

Move out and draw fire!
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#799650 Nov 8, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
HE DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG.....Not about letting off a hook.
Did you let Bush off the hook when he let thousands die right here on USA soil???
"HE DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG....."

He didn't do anything period, except lie and blame.

"Did you let Bush off the hook when he let thousands die right here on USA soil???"

Are you talking about the origional 9/11? The one that would never have happened if Clinton would have done his job instead of doing Monica?
carol

Denver, CO

#799651 Nov 8, 2012
debil spreads like butta wrote:
<quoted text>
debil dyke is obsessed with yawk.
"the debil waits there
to spread her behind"
debil speaks from experience.
she's been fisted blind, front and behind.
Look, honey, some guys jus' cain't tell a poem
sister kathy wrath

Tonawanda, NY

#799652 Nov 8, 2012
<quoted text>Is that you again, Lyndi?
PS: I fixed your wording, spelling, grammar, and punctuation errors...You're welcome.
who's lyndi? thanx red! now can you fix yourself?

free spaying at the spca in december. mary christmas.:)
carol

Denver, CO

#799653 Nov 8, 2012
<quoted text>You're better with poetry - can you re-work this?
!
Aw, come on! This is all stream of consciousness stuff, you're trying to rob me of my spontaneity
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#799654 Nov 8, 2012
Hmmmm, I wonder if the news will be reporting about all the help that Obama gave to the victims of Sandy today??? Oh wait, he got their votes, the election is over, and he never really cared about them anyway. I guess not.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#799656 Nov 8, 2012
After a Humiliating Election Night, Will Fox News Stop Lying?

Roger Ailes may finally realize that lying is bad for business -- and the GOP.

Fox knows that the sort of people who clog its airwaves on normal, regularly scheduled programming days ó and especially prime time ó are liars, phonies, wackos and con men. It knows itís constantly lying to its audience. In the Bush era this was fine for morale. In the first years of Obamaís term it was good for midterm election turnout. But itís apparent that itís clearly bad for the movement in the long term. Counting midterms, the parallel conservative media has now utterly failed to grasp the reality of the American electorate in three of the last four national elections.

http://www.alternet.org/election-2012/after-h...
carol

Denver, CO

#799657 Nov 8, 2012
It's not like I go back and edit it, for heaven's sake, these are like.... gesture drawings. They're not meant to be the novel... yur gonna have t' buy the novel after all the abuse I've suffered at yer hands. (But there's a lot of hidden humor in there if you read carefully...)
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#799658 Nov 8, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
RADICAL...major word....Not all islam...Just a small radical group who happen to be muslim...
Stop wanting all out war...Best thing we could do is close all embassie and military bases in all of middle east....Bring home all our troops and people....
I thought I told you.

LAST OPTION!

I am a Disabled Veteran, the LAST thing I want to see/hear about is WAR.

Having said that I ALSO know that it is an inevitable part of the human experience on this planet from time to time, as history shows.

The ONLY POSSIBLE thing we cannot obtain elsewhere is Egyptian Cotton.

The rest of the "middle east" we need have nothing to do with.

I agree, bring them ALL home and stop ALL aid to those countries.

What are they going to do?

Hate us?
carol

Orlando, FL

#799659 Nov 8, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Our only chance is to run a hispanic. With the changing demographics, white male republican men do not stand a chance. It ain't the Reagan era anymore. Obama got 96% black vote, 74% hispanic vote and 70% asian vote.
I thought Romney should have picked Rubio, it ends up Ryan did not help him anyway.
Besides Joe Biden is hinting at running in 2016. If that happens, we could run with Strom Thurmond and win.
Most Hispanics share the same traditional values as conservatives and many are saying the same thing. The GOP needs to focus on reaching this group of Americans and giving them a reason to see conservatives as the more attractive party who understands them and hears them. Truthfully, Romney didn't do a very good job in this area.

But the number of black republicans is growing. Hopefully, by 2016, even more of them will have figured it out.

Biden running for president in 2016 would be his best gift ever.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#799660 Nov 8, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Haaa!! Good one! So, the President won the election without us in Florida! They're still counting! What a riot.
And Scott is running from news reporters.

That freak is toast!

The TeaParty has run it's course__say bye.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#799661 Nov 8, 2012
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
"HE DID NOT DO ANYTHING WRONG....."
He didn't do anything period, except lie and blame.
"Did you let Bush off the hook when he let thousands die right here on USA soil???"
Are you talking about the origional 9/11? The one that would never have happened if Clinton would have done his job instead of doing Monica?
Ok moron.......Keep lying...

OH GOOD GAWD....You GOP slime are pathetic...You yell and scream when Obama Blames Bush for the mess he left...Then you blame Clinton for what happened when Bush was President.

YOUR PATHETIC......Grow up..Go find facts not faux news Rich Limtirder lies...

I am sick of your kind spreading BS and spewing hate and vitrol...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min Earthling-1 52,841
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Guru 187,273
Look out, America, here comes Hillary!! 2 hr Professor Fate 8
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr _Zoey_ 5,199
abby 4-24 6 hr Michael Satterfield 17
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 69,671
Amy 4-24 7 hr Julie 12
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]