Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#799380 Nov 8, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
I think for the next 10 minutes, I'll just do like you, and spew BS.
I only tell the truth and state facts...WHAT YOU GOT?
NEWYORKSUX

Stambaugh, KY

#799381 Nov 8, 2012
TSM wrote:
Capable working Americans use to look at Welfare as a Stigma, if they needed help it was short term today because of Liberals/Democrats it’s just another Job!!
NO not a job just a hand out,if they had to get out of bed and be some place on time just to get a check they would over sleep.
dem

United States

#799382 Nov 8, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>I think for the next 10 minutes, I'll just do like you, and spew BS.
Is that you gunner?
Fkn kkkoward.
carol

Orlando, FL

#799383 Nov 8, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
If Romney knows why didn't he say anything?
Any moron can say I'm going to create 12 million jobs.
Face it carol. You're a member of an extinct party.
Think you will live to see another republican win the White House?
Romney laid out his plans quite succinctly on his website and repeated his 5 step plan quite a few times.

You were probably watching Sesame Street and crying about losing Big Bird.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#799384 Nov 8, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell carol she's full of sht then post that crap? Really, putz? Are you too stupid to be embarrassed?
OK big mouth, what loopholes was Romney going to close to balance out the 5 trillion tax cut?

Funny, Paul Ryan said he did not have a list yet here you are, claiming he did. Because Mitt Romney had a plan.

How was Romney getting us energy independent? Convert cars to run on coal? What was the plan?

Romney had no plans, only goals.

You should really learn the difference.
Lord Fetch

Calumet City, IL

#799386 Nov 8, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Is that you gunner?
Fkn kkkoward.
gunner is still sucking his thumb...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#799387 Nov 8, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That Obama campaign ad clearly accused Romney of killing that man's wife - who, as it turns out, died of cancer 5 years later and had health benefits from working at another company.
So what would you call it?
What? You can't be serious, Carol. Where on earth did you find that information?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#799388 Nov 8, 2012
Tuesday was not a good day for the Muslim-baiting wing of the GOP, with the defeat of Rep. Allen West (R-FL) and with onetime presidential hopeful Michele Bachmann holding her House seat in Minnesota by a razor-thin margin. They have been among the most high-profile members of Congress to spend a goodly amount of their political capital chasing down the bugaboo of Muslim jihad in America.

Bachmann won her re-election by barely 4,200 votes. Her spotlight-grabbing antics, a laundry list of kooky comments and presidential campaigning, probably played into that, but the Associated Press noted that her recent attempt to tie Hillary Clinton’s top aide to the Muslim Brotherhood, which earned Bachmann a smackdown from John McCain and other Republicans, contributed to her unpopularity among constituents. As for one-term West, who left his 18th District in south Florida for an ostensibly more GOP-friendly one in the 22nd District, he seems to have lost to Democrat Patrick Murphy by only 2,500 votes. He has filed injunctions for a recount and an examination of the electronic voting machines, citing “irregularities” and violations on the part of local election officials.

West is one most Islamophobic pols around, a compatriot of jihad hunters Pamela Geller and Robert Spencer, who not only claim that Islam is evil, but insist that Muslim radicals have infiltrated the Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) and top levels of government. Geller recently made headlines when her group sponsored pro-Israel New York City subway ads that suggested Palestinian Muslims are “savages.”

Notes Peter Beinart at The Daily Beast:

The unfounded accusations that dozens of Communists populate the Congress’s Democratic caucus were nothing new, but his most novel legacy may be West’s inflammatory rhetoric about Muslims….West used his time in Congress to press his case that Islam is “not a religion” but a “totalitarian theocratic political ideology,” and that terrorism is inherent to the faith—not radical Islam, but Islam, writ large. He’s accused a fellow Member of Congress, Rep. Keith Ellison (D-MN), a Muslim, of “represent(ing) the antithesis of the principles upon which this country was established.”

Ellison, by the way, beat back his opponent in Tuesday’s election, Republican challenger Chris Fields, with 65 percent of the vote. Ellison, of course, was forced to defend his faith every step of the way. In one particularly atrocious instance, Fields called Ellison “militantly anti-America” in a mailer.“Being attacked for my religion never bothered me before,” Ellison told reporters.“This time around though, it was a little meaner.”

It seems that a growing number of voters just aren’t comfortable with the vitriol coming from these politicians. Also losing Tuesday were Rep. Joe Walsh of Illinois, who once said he was “looking for some godly men and women in the Senate, in the Congress, who will stand in the face of the danger of Islam.” Republican Adam Hasner, another Spencer-Geller acolyte who attempted to grab West’s old seat in Florida’s 18th, lost too. The Florida Independent wrote that Hasner, who once brought anti-Muslim Dutch parliamentarian Geert Wilders to his state to speak, has been on a “long-time crusade against the supposed threat of Sharia in the U.S.”

“You cannot fight an enemy when you will not acknowledge that an enemy even exists, and that enemy has a name, and that is Shariah-compliant Islam,” Hasner reportedly told a conservative group in 2008.

Hasner will have plenty of time to fight “the enemy” now. So will plenty of other candidates on the state level, too. Republican Charlie Faqua, who self-published a book calling for the deportation of all Muslims, lost his election to a Democrat in the Arkansas state senate. His loss helped to flip the Senate to Democratic control for the first time since Reconstruction.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/not-a-...
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#799389 Nov 8, 2012
Can't touch me!

Dance dance dance!

Can't touch me!

Watch me romance...

Raising taxes on rich folks!

I won!! Coming soon!!

Hey Kock bros! Get out your wallets!

Can't touch me!

Dance dance dance!

And make romance......Democrats Win!!!!
Jimmy

Newington, CT

#799390 Nov 8, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
I only tell the truth and state facts...WHAT YOU GOT?
Liar, for sure. Something you don't. An education and a clear thinking brain. By the way idiot, "ToManyLaws" s/b "TooManyLaws", Obama voter.

Move along now, moron.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#799391 Nov 8, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney had clear-cut plans for reforms that are long overdue and bold solutions.
We will now continue on the same path for another four years and neither will the democrats do anything differently, they will not even entertain the idea of major reforms.
Thanks for helping them maintain the status quo and bankrupting Medicare and Social Security even sooner. Good job.
"clear cut"?

What deductions was Romney going to eliminate?

What loopholes was he going to close

What spending was he cutting other than planned parenthood & PBS?
carol

Orlando, FL

#799392 Nov 8, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
No - they are waiting for MSNBC's Chris Mathews to say he is happy people died in the storm. Next he will declare Obama dictator.
Iran must be happy Obama won! I guess now we know they will get the nuke. Thanks to idiots like you, we have a more dangerous world where our leaders are allowed to lie to us.
Nice going, brain dead liberal.
I know Chavez was rooting for him. Really, he was.

The day the likes of Chavez roots for a republican, I'm switching over and becoming an independent.

Ahmydirtydinnerjacket is sleeping like a baby the past few nights.
dem

United States

#799393 Nov 8, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>That Obama campaign ad clearly accused Romney of killing that man's wife - who, as it turns out, died of cancer 5 years later and had health benefits from working at another company.

So what would you call it?
Accept that you had an historic opportunity and you blew it. Accept that in the worst economic environment in nearly a century you still couldn’t do what Ronald Reagan and Bill Clinton did in milder recessions: defeat an incumbent president.
Lord Fetch

Calumet City, IL

#799394 Nov 8, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney laid out his plans quite succinctly on his website and repeated his 5 step plan quite a few times.
Mitt Romney’s 5 Point Plan is the Same Plan as McCain in ’08 and Bush in ’04

see a pattern here?

Then look at the Republican solutions since 2010:
legislation against the teaching of evolution,

banning the word “gay” from schools,

denying women control over their own uteruses,

banning contraception,

legislation to put children back to work and limit the pay of middle class workers,

legislating the Ten Commandments,– none of which address any of the problems faced by Americans today.

Even when they do touch on an actual problem – proclaiming days of prayer to combat drought – the solution is laughable.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#799396 Nov 8, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You better tell Mitt and Ann,

if they want to see the inside of the White House get in line with the other second graders for the tour: 12 and 2 pm daily!

I WON!!

open up your wallet Mitt. <----- Your taxes going up!
Fox News Makes You Stupid

Islip, NY

#799397 Nov 8, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
BULLSHIT.GET a brain or STFU.
I would pay the same amount on taxes in everything-no matter what in the hell ROMNEY pays or doesn't!!
It's the SLACKERTIC entitleMENTALLY warped, that are DRAINING this nation!!
I hope to hell there's a BUDGET slammed in, in the next short while-giving the ignorant type fweeDUHM riders a "much in wah wah wah need of" swift kick in the teeth-as in CAPPED AND CURBED-DEAL with what the REST of us have to!
Union Sundown
Well, my shoes, they come from Singapore,
My flashlight's from Taiwan,
My tablecloth's from Malaysia,
My belt buckle's from the Amazon.
You know, this shirt I wear comes from the Philippines
And the car I drive is a Chevrolet,
It was put together down in Argentina
By a guy makin' thirty cents a day.

Well, it's sundown on the union
And what's made in the U.S.A.
Sure was a good idea
'Til greed got in the way.

Well, this silk dress is from Hong Kong
And the pearls are from Japan.
Well, the dog collar's from India
And the flower pot's from Pakistan.
All the furniture, it says "Made in Brazil"
Where a woman, she slaved for sure
Bringin' home thirty cents a day to a family of twelve,
You know, that's a lot of money to her.

Sure was a good idea

Well, you know, lots of people complainin' that there is no work.
I say, "Why you say that for
When nothin' you got is U.S.-made?"
They don't make nothin' here no more,
You know, capitalism is above the law.
It say, "It don't count 'less it sells."
When it costs too much to build it at home
You just build it cheaper someplace else.

Sure was a good idea

Well, the job that you used to have,
They gave it to somebody down in El Salvador.
The unions are big business, friend,
And they're goin' out like a dinosaur.
They used to grow food in Kansas
Now they want to grow it on the moon and eat it raw.
I can see the day coming when even your home garden
Is gonna be against the law.

Sure was a good idea

Democracy don't rule the world,
You'd better get that in your head.
This world is ruled by violence
But I guess that's better left unsaid.
From Broadway to the Milky Way,
That's a lot of territory indeed
And a man's gonna do what he has to do
When he's got a hungry mouth to feed.

Sure was a good idea

Copyright ©1983
dem

United States

#799398 Nov 8, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>gunner is still sucking his thumb...
That emans nickname?
dem

United States

#799399 Nov 8, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>Romney laid out his plans quite succinctly on his website and repeated his 5 step plan quite a few times.

I knew you didn't know.
Fox News Makes You Stupid

Islip, NY

#799400 Nov 8, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
BULLSHIT.GET a brain or STFU.
I would pay the same amount on taxes in everything-no matter what in the hell ROMNEY pays or doesn't!!
It's the SLACKERTIC entitleMENTALLY warped, that are DRAINING this nation!!
I hope to hell there's a BUDGET slammed in, in the next short while-giving the ignorant type fweeDUHM riders a "much in wah wah wah need of" swift kick in the teeth-as in CAPPED AND CURBED-DEAL with what the REST of us have to!
Analysis: Banks Play Shell Game with Taxpayer Dollars
Statement by Senator Bernie Sanders
BURLINGTON, VT - A study requested by Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) found numerous instances during the financial crisis of 2008 and 2009 when banks took near zero-interest funds from the Federal Reserve and then loaned money back to the federal government on sweetheart terms for the banks.
The banks pocketed interest on government securities that paid rates up to 12 times greater than the Fed’s rock bottom interest charges, according to a Congressional Research Service analysis conducted for Sanders.
“This report confirms that ultra-low interest loans provided by the Federal Reserve during the financial crisis turned out to be direct corporate welfare to big banks,” Sanders said.“Instead of using the Fed loans to reinvest in the economy, some of the largest financial institutions in this country appear to have lent this money back to the federal government at a higher rate of interest by purchasing U.S. government securities.”
http://www.commondreams.org/headline/2011/04/...

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#799401 Nov 8, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
OK big mouth, what loopholes was Romney going to close to balance out the 5 trillion tax cut?
Funny, Paul Ryan said he did not have a list yet here you are, claiming he did. Because Mitt Romney had a plan.
How was Romney getting us energy independent? Convert cars to run on coal? What was the plan?
Romney had no plans, only goals.
You should really learn the difference.
When did i claim ryan had a list? You are one fckd up individual.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min IBdaMann 49,368
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 min Ratloder 68,915
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 24 min KiMerde 51,306
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min Jacques Ottawa 182,195
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 5 hr JOEL 71,272
last post wins! (Apr '13) 6 hr L Morales 411
Holiday Greetings 7 hr Ebeneizer Scrooge 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:46 am PST

Bleacher Report 8:46AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?
ESPN 7:12 AM
Sources: Some Bears coaches fear firings