Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1279007 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Orlando, FL

#799478 Nov 8, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Peppy says no to Big Bird but yes to Big Oil.
Not speaking for Peppy, but Big Bird doesn't fill up our gas tanks and warm up our homes.

We have a lot of our own oil just sitting under the ground. Obama prefers the Middle Eastern and foreign brands.
Homer

Greensboro, NC

#799479 Nov 8, 2012
I would like to apologize to Flack for all of my rude and insensitive comments. It was shameful, almost Joe Biden-ish in nature.
carol

Orlando, FL

#799480 Nov 8, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have news. Big bird isn't a real person.
You'd never know it by the way the libs carried on so.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#799481 Nov 8, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Why has this nations debt tripled over the pst four years?
Hell NO we don't want tax increases to pay for other peoples STUPID.
This has been the WORST shape I ever recall this nation being in, not only fiscally wise, but ethics and morality wise.
It's gotten patheTic.
Like it or not OTHER ppl's STUPID is what caused this crisis in the first place. And it was SMART people taking advantage of stupid all of which was set up by the Republicans. They gave the Carte blanche to Wall St and man did they dance with it. If Obama is to blame for anything it's the fact that his administration has not pursued these crims. Maybe this term he will, but in the end this won't pay the debt so everyone has to pay including the rich and that means the same percentage tax across the board once you earn enough.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#799482 Nov 8, 2012
OBAMIES ZOMBIES wrote:
<quoted text>
And after the 1st of the year taxes. will go up, economy decline, no jobs, gas go up...
don't worth --- be happy...
in 2014 you're going to have "free" Obamacare to cover your depression pills, M O R O N...!!!!!!!
Huh?

Let me get this straight: economy goes down, gas price higher?

Huh?

Rich pay higher taxes, no jobs?

Huh?

ACA: EVERYONE ON INSURANCE.

economy down?

Huh?

Take an economics course!

Taxes up on rich incomes: jobs, economy booms!

Tax cuts for middle class creates demand: economy booms!

Tax cut for rich: they just hoard it....no demand increase.......
economy crashes! <------ASK BUSH/CHENEY!
Homer

Greensboro, NC

#799484 Nov 8, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have news. Big bird isn't a real person.
True, which makes the government welfare payouts even more ridiculous.
carol

Orlando, FL

#799485 Nov 8, 2012
Okay, let's just listen to it, why don't we?

carol

Orlando, FL

#799486 Nov 8, 2012
And for my fellow Sadaka fan, Realtime.

RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#799487 Nov 8, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You're so hopeless not even your god could save you..."accusing him of murdering someone's wife"??? Borne in false witness about the POTUS lately. Go back with that pious claim that Mittler was just to "good" to run a winning campaign...that's the guy I want dealing with Putin and the terrorists (great grunge band, BTW).
Speaking of grunge how's that "rash" of your's doing?

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#799488 Nov 8, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Not speaking for Peppy, but Big Bird doesn't fill up our gas tanks and warm up our homes.
We have a lot of our own oil just sitting under the ground. Obama prefers the Middle Eastern and foreign brands.

Carol, if we relied solely on US oil, we would be out, bone dry in 25 years.
GOD HELP AMERICA

Woodbridge, VA

#799489 Nov 8, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
I am a non smoker.....
But your a pole smoker!
LOL
LOL
LOL
SEE!
I try to be nice. And they accuse me of stuff.
Hey look at your dollar bill: nice pyramid on the back.
The top little piece is the richest! The rest of it: everyone else.
The richest like it that way. Especially right wingers.
They use money as power. Buy things and people.
Billions spent on Romney! What a waste.
But the rest of that pyramid votes! We won!
The GOP should never win.....ever.
They are against the people.
Let's keep them out from now on, last night great start.
Real economic power for a country comes from a strong middle. The top just don't buy enough. A bunch of hoarders. They have the most and the country suffers.
Read up on it the middle class is under attack. Jobs off shored by the richest like Romney.
We need to raise taxes on this top group. It's coming.
A republican CEO was on this morning saying the same thing. A tax raise on the rich will not hurt the economy at all. We cut taxes for jobs coming here. Cut taxes on middle class. Raise taxes on already rich incomes. Raise taxes on those off shoring jobs. Raise taxes on imports. They will make it here again.
We won! All this is coming soon! Obama is a genius!
LOL Obama is a genius? Hmm.. really? If he was , why does he have to use a teleprompter, and someone to write what to say for him? The man has no class. Obama has shown us all that at the WH dinner party. All that over being pissed about showing a birth paper? No other President in History acted as lame (showing a kids cartoon of all things), and has shown so much lack of professionuism that it is not only sad, but the man isn't even smart enough to know he wasn't making a fool out of Trump that night, but himself. Do all that than to show a paper from the time people started asking to see it. Obama could have gotten the paper a hell of a lot sooner, shown it, and be done with it. What does he do..show a child's film of his birth. How lame is that?

Obama will go down in History as being the first black as President. The first President to get into office w/o showing a birth paper until AFTER he was in office.The one that made a totlal fool out of himself showing kids films at a fancy dinner party. Oh, and brain washing people to actually think he can do a better job this time around. yeah, as a play gamer, you could him a genius.

Enjoy your 4 years, and you might want to save those Walfare To Work ( not to work )check, buddy.
Peppy

Bethlehem, PA

#799490 Nov 8, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
True, which makes the government welfare payouts even more ridiculous.
I disagree, but then I'm a dufus.

“We're doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#799491 Nov 8, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
One of his campaign ads did. Obama did not condemn it even when the cheerleaders hammered his press secretary about it after it was discovered it was a complete lie.
When the cheerleaders get mad, you know it must be pretty bad.
It was done by a Super Pac, not Obama, you know like that lyin' ad about Jeep sending Ohio's jobs to China--except Romney didn't just not condemn, he doubled down on that one, and for a lie, there's hardly ever completion of completeness. "It’s fair to argue that Romney bears some responsibility for the plant’s closing — Bain Capital bought it and loaded it with debt while he was in charge of Bain. But the degree of responsibility is a matter of opinion and debate.
It’s also fair to argue that Mrs. Soptic might have lived longer if she had health coverage. Those who lack it tend to seek treatment later, become sicker, and die earlier than those who have coverage.
We’ll also note that what Romney supporters object to most strenuously about this ad is opinion, not fact. That is Soptic’s apparently heartfelt assertion that “I do not think Mitt Romney is concerned” about what “he’s done.”
Ray

Lincoln City, OR

#799492 Nov 8, 2012
Romney may have "lost" nationally but he won my county! I'm glad that my county isn't infested with Obama cheerleaders.
carol

Orlando, FL

#799493 Nov 8, 2012
Homer wrote:
Ahhh, it's good to see the rightwingers rebounding after a tough loss. Back to their normal whiny selves, crabbing and bitching about everything.
Homer says welcome back.
We hardly missed ya.
I was too harsh with you yesterday.

Without taking back anything that I said about Obama's stance on partial birth abortions, I shouldn't have taken it all out on you.

You just can't seem to help yourself being one of the easily fooled - but I know you wouldn't harm a newborn baby before it even took it's first breath even if you voted for a president who would.

So are we good?
Patriot

Denver, CO

#799495 Nov 8, 2012
US Government Backs UN Arms Treaty and Bombs Yemen Hours After Obama Win

http://theintelhub.com/2012/11/08/us-governme...

“We're doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#799496 Nov 8, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Just a little reminder...the KKKowards were southern democrats.
Who became republicans after Civil Rights of the '60's. Just whose Solid South did you see Tuesday night, dumb carol.
Homer

Greensboro, NC

#799498 Nov 8, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Peppy says no to Big Bird but yes to Big Oil.
Dave says no to big oil, but yes to gay sex.

You really are a nutcase. I don't favor oil subsidies. But you love the fact that Obama wasted 50 times more on renewable energy boondoggles. Wasteful spending by the government is a major problem in this country and you liberal nutjobs just don't get it.

(Okay folks, here where Dave makes a ridiculous justification for the likes of Solyndra)
GOD HELP AMERICA

Woodbridge, VA

#799500 Nov 8, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Big bird is a 1% er.
You know what they say..behind every bird is a pile of $#!^, and the little turds that follow. LOL
carol

Orlando, FL

#799501 Nov 8, 2012
And it IS spelled Sedaka with an "e". Thought so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 31 min El Diablo 13
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 197,213
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Into The Night 54,626
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr David Morrison 100,682
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr Doug77 6,449
abby 9-4-15 8 hr mrs gladys kravitz 6
Word (Dec '08) 8 hr Red_Forman 5,431
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages