Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1482851 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#799685 Nov 8, 2012
How Does It Feel wrote:
<quoted text>
He stole from Medi-Care! What plans to Congress and the MMS have? What about the celebrities who kissed the Obamas asses? They got something in return! Obama is nothing but a is a dictator!
stole what from medicare? you don't read/get out/wake up much do ya drone?
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#799686 Nov 8, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
And Lt.Colonel Allen West isn't conceding, going to court!! What a freak show!
And the other teaparty mutt, Joe Walsh wants to run for governor or Illinois! He can't even support his own kids!
Must be related to Al Gore - now THERE'S a Freak Show!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#799687 Nov 8, 2012
Got Greece?
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#799688 Nov 8, 2012
OBAMIES ZOMBIES wrote:
<quoted text>
the loser re-elected
republicanese...works for just about all of what they say
carol

Oviedo, FL

#799689 Nov 8, 2012
Well, since all we have to do now is watch what unfolds over the course of the next four years, think I'll spend more time strolling down musical memory lane.

Any requests?

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#799690 Nov 8, 2012
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
You were the one who brought up Bush and his role in the attack on 9/11. If you didn't want to discuss it, you shouldn't have gone there.
So, speaking about Obama abandoning people...He appears to have a track record of that, if I remember correctly the doctor that risked his life to help Obama get Bin Laden is sitting in prison (if he is still alive). Obama hasn't done a damn thing for him either.
No the thing is your having a hissy fit over 4 people dying in a war torn dangerous as heck region and calling for Obama to be impeached or jailed...Yet I bet you cheered and supported Bush when he let thousands die right here in safe non-war torn USA...

You dont like Obama and that is fine. But telling lies and making a mountain out of a ant hill because you dont like him is dumb.

Tell you the truth I am not a supporter of Obama...I voted for Gary Johnson the Libertarian this year...I am just sick of people hammering Obama for something he could not have stopped or controled or made any better.

If he had sent in troops before or after we would have many many more then 4 dead....
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Van Nuys, CA

#799691 Nov 8, 2012
Obama is a joke wrote:
<quoted text>
You were the one who brought up Bush and his role in the attack on 9/11. If you didn't want to discuss it, you shouldn't have gone there.
So, speaking about Obama abandoning people...He appears to have a track record of that, if I remember correctly the doctor that risked his life to help Obama get Bin Laden is sitting in prison (if he is still alive). Obama hasn't done a damn thing for him either.
This guy in CA for this anti-muslim video is one year in jail...Obama and Hillary free...for denying help to 4 Americans. Attack on American embassy, IS ATTACK ON AMERICA...this people betrayed their own country and their nation...Hillary is showing her support toward muslims and Obama
bowed to Saudis ...

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT IS OBAMA'S AGENDA FOR THE SECOND TERM, EXCEPT THAT "LOSER-IN- CHIEF" called Governor Romney to help him with the economy, because he is clueless ...

You can't fix the economy with a HOPE alone!!!!!
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#799692 Nov 8, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my word!
Stop looking in the mirror lily.
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#799693 Nov 8, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know the economy tanked why Bush ruled...you do know Bush sunk us in deep into wars that have cost us trillions......
Obama has fixed it some..We were in a deep recession if not shallow depression....We are now growing jobs and the economy is coming back and the wars are being ended slowly...
Oh and it would be way way way better if the GOP would help and not stand in the way trying to make it worse...
though it may be painful to hear this voice again...looky where the tards used to be before the fall.

Clinton's surplus was "big enough" that we could begin to pay down the national debt...then some strategist yanked him off course and decided that precious debt payin' down money would be better served by giving it to rich people and starting craaaaaazy wars. a rare chance to hear a rational george bush...it didn't last long at all
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#799694 Nov 8, 2012
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#799695 Nov 8, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>republicanese...works for just about all of what they say
You like Chinese. Does Obama bow to them too?
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#799696 Nov 8, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>stole what from medicare? you don't read/get out/wake up much do ya drone?
lie much, zombie?
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#799697 Nov 8, 2012
Romney senior adviser concedes Florida

While ballots are still being counted in the state of Florida, a senior adviser for Mitt Romney's presidential campaign told the Miami Herald on Thursday that they are effectively conceding the Sunshine State and its 29 electoral votes to President Barack Obama.

"The numbers in Florida show this was winnable," Brett Doster said in a statement to the paper. "We thought based on our polling and range of organization that we had done what we needed to win. Obviously, we didn't, and for that I and every other operative in Florida has a sick feeling that we left something on the table. I can assure you this won't happen again."

Florida would give the president a total of 332 electoral votes. Romney would finish with 206.

According to state officials, Obama leads Romney 49.9 percent (or 4,180,697 votes) to 49.24 percent (or 4,124,865 votes)—a margin of 55,832 votes—with more than 97 percent of the vote counted. If the final margin is within a half percentage point, there would be an automatic recount.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/romney-con...

Take that! And that!
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#799698 Nov 8, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know the economy tanked why Bush ruled...you do know Bush sunk us in deep into wars that have cost us trillions......
Obama has fixed it some..We were in a deep recession if not shallow depression....We are now growing jobs and the economy is coming back and the wars are being ended slowly...
Oh and it would be way way way better if the GOP would help and not stand in the way trying to make it worse...
Record unemployment and trillions of dollars in debt is Obama's way of fixing the economy? You must attend the Obama school of finance.
Homer

East Stroudsburg, PA

#799700 Nov 8, 2012
carol wrote:
Well, since all we have to do now is watch what unfolds over the course of the next four years, think I'll spend more time strolling down musical memory lane.
Any requests?
In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida The long version.
No Mo Obamas

Los Angeles, CA

#799701 Nov 8, 2012
Has mooching Marion Robinson moved out yet? Are the exterminators on notice to bring the most potent poisons they have? Her room is filthy and infested with vermin and cockroaches.

She has no business having her big toe on White House Property let alone sitting on the porch. She needs to go back to Chicago and sit on her own porch.
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#799702 Nov 8, 2012
carol wrote:
Any requests?
czle77

Penryn, UK

#799703 Nov 8, 2012
Republicans lost because they are known as the economy destroyers and racist party of America !
The world is a different place now ,
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#799704 Nov 8, 2012
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
lie much, zombie?
care to clarify? or is it just random comments from now on?
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

#799705 Nov 8, 2012
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You like Chinese. Does Obama bow to them too?
random comments it is...gasket blown for sure.

that's your cue to make another stupid old man joke

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min CNN 234,445
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 22 min Patriot AKA Bozo 62,977
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 30 min GEORGIA 3,546
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 34 min SweLL GirL 10,098
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr PEllen 104,730
Cong. John Lewis is a worthless black dem. hack... 2 hr Guest 22
News Man shot while driving in Englewood neighborhood 2 hr former democrat 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages