Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1274386 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“We doing better...”

Since: Jul 08

we've got to do more

#799458 Nov 8, 2012
GOD HELP AMERICA wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't understand why the blacks can call each other the N word, but when a white person says it, it has a whole new meaning. They didn't change the meaning of the N word like they have the meaning of Gay too, did they?
I mean, when I was growing up the word Gay meant happy go lucky. I heard blacks call the whites the N word, so why do people act like this word is far worse than saying the queen mother of dirty words ?
People need to take a good look at how they act, what they say, and do things. No wonder racism is still a big problem, because people want to keep it alive (for all the wrong resons), and don't listen nor take God's word to not dwell on the past.
Same reason your wife, mother, and sisters can call each other B's, but you (and the rest of the people who know them) should not. "Blacks call whites the N word"? What color is the sky on your planet, Foil Hat Boi.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#799459 Nov 8, 2012
Jimmy wrote:
<quoted text>
How's Opie?
They killed him off in the 2nd episode of the season.
It was a real bummer.

:'(

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#799460 Nov 8, 2012
In case noone saw here are the transcripts for the speaches.

http://www.thefloridanewsjournal.com/2012/11/...

I think that Barry gave a good speach. Even Mittens was sort of good if not short and you could tell he was forcing it.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#799461 Nov 8, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jan 2017 Hillary Clinton will be president and the tea party types will still whine
Hillary and Little Timmy are on the way out. Just watch which other rats start jumping ship. It will be telling in what will happen the next four years.
carol

Orlando, FL

#799462 Nov 8, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You're so hopeless not even your god could save you..."accusing him of murdering someone's wife"??? Borne in false witness about the POTUS lately. Go back with that pious claim that Mittler was just to "good" to run a winning campaign...that's the guy I want dealing with Putin and the terrorists (great grunge band, BTW).
One of his campaign ads did. Obama did not condemn it even when the cheerleaders hammered his press secretary about it after it was discovered it was a complete lie.

When the cheerleaders get mad, you know it must be pretty bad.
carol

Orlando, FL

#799463 Nov 8, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Does your biased link explain why the Senate didn't support it?
Perhaps because the GOP in the House tacked on a bunch of legislation to 'redefine rape'?
(They're famous for that sort of thing, you know.)
"MY" biased link? The Daily Beast?

That's pretty funny.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#799464 Nov 8, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Barack Obama won because his campaign team ran a tremendous ass kicking ground game while the Romney campaign clearly ran smoke and mirrors so convincingly inside the echo chamber of the GOP as to fool a lot of great Republican pundits and Dick Morris.
But Barack Obama also won because the public knew him and stacked him up to a nothing burger on the other side. That nothing burger was not, per se, Mitt Romney, but the GOP as a whole. Consider, if you will, the GOP’s Senate nominees, many, but not all, of whom were backed by the party establishment.
Tommy Thompson, Heather Wilson, Connie Mack, Pete Hoekstra, Linda McMahon, Todd Aiken, and Richard Mourdock were not exactly founts of rhetorical genius or articulate mouthpieces for conservatism in the way Mike Lee, Pat Toomey, Marco Rubio, and Ted Cruz have been.
Add to them Mitch McConnell, John Boehner, and the like and the GOP has had very few skilled salesmen for conservative ideas and values. The party then put its fate in the hands of a moderate from Massachusetts who, just trust the GOP, was really more conservative than he let on. Conservatives, many of whom did not buy it, were happy to be loyal soldiers because he was the nominee — a loyalty that too few establishment Republicans send the other way to conservatives when the establishment gets beaten.
In the next two years, conservatives are going to have some fun fights within the GOP to move beyond a cliched defense of free markets into really articulating a vision for defending free markets and what it means. At the same time, it will be forced to deal rationally and charitably with the issue of immigration. And it will have an opportunity to drive out those who now think the time is right to give up on fiscal conservatism or social conservatism. Primary season 2014 should be spectacular.
Compromise? Like hell. We’re going to keep fighting. And we will find someone who actually doesn’t speak conservatism like he learned it from Rosetta Stone last week. For those of you on the left licking your chops thinking this spells doom — the nation just spent $6 billion for the status quo. I’ll take my chances.
http://www.redstate.com/2012/11/07/status-quo...
Well said Erick.
I agree. Will add that Marco Rubio learned Wednesday morning that the traditional Cuban vote is jackshit going forward.

I saw young people of all shades standing in long lines for hours, some to cast their first vote ever, and those kids will cherish the time they spent bringing their own change to this nation.

Manifest destiny died on Tuesday__finally__good riddance IMO.
CunningLinguist

Kissimmee, FL

#799465 Nov 8, 2012
Rumor has it that Karl Rove is seeking sanctuary in the 'Witness Protection Program'.

Ann is really miffed @Mitt for wasting so much MormonMoney™ on his vanity.

Ricky Santorum advised... "I told ya so!"

Wild Bill can be heard LOL.

Did anyone notice how much the Romney family photo looks like the 'Children of the Corn' movie poster?
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#799466 Nov 8, 2012
Tony wrote:
<quoted text>
Your saying he is like Romney then. I like Big Bird better.
Not really, Romney paid $2.2 million in taxes last year, Big Bird sponged on the govenment dole for $2 million even when he did not need to. Typical liberals.
OBAMA the GENIUS

Lillington, NC

#799467 Nov 8, 2012
TSM wrote:
What Obama will accomplish in his second term!! Debt/Deficits, government dependency, poverty, unemployment, etc. will continue rise!! The scary part is nothing we can Do!!
Tell your worthless Perry to hurry up and insure 8 million.

With Obama: GDP UP! JOB GROWTH UP! ACA: LAW OF THE LAND!

Coming soon: war on rich people skipping taxes!

Wars are generally good for the economy.

This one is easy to win.

Kock bros! Pay up!

400 people at the top worth 1.7 TRILLION DOLLARS.

and demand tax cuts?

Not any more!

We won!

We won!

We won!

Taxes higher on the rich incomes!

(Remember: Bush cutting them did no good)
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#799468 Nov 8, 2012
ToManyLaws wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove me wrong then....Have you served over in that region??? I have....
Which station did you man, fries or drinks?
carol

Orlando, FL

#799469 Nov 8, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Well, if we're gonna sing let's get it right eh? Oh Carol was by Sadaka, a Lebanese from Brooklyn who penned the song for his pal Carol King.
Anka, also a slight of build Lebanese singer/songwriter is from Canada. Sure bet that he didn't play hawkee in high school eh?
Prefer Sadaka myself and "laughter in the rain" one of the all time feelgood songs.
Love Sadaka. One of my personal favorites, of course, is "Oh Carol" but I do love them all. "Laughter in the Rain" is definitely a feelgood song but "Calendar Girl" is too.

Who would've ever thought we had anything in common?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#799470 Nov 8, 2012
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't have gay friends?
Never known a gay neighbor.
I wish all my neighbors were gay,
They take care of their homes really good, always friendly, ready to help others.
Mitt for your neighbor!
Tears up the whole street for his car elevator, never looks you in the eye, and his wife rides that dancing horse at all hours! And "doesn't pick it up"
That has to sting:
MASSACHUSETTS VOTES FOR OBAMA!
WISCONSIN VOTES FOR OBAMA!!
and the new lady in town! Ryan's backyard!
Billions spent by right shiners. For a beat down.
Next time worse: Republicans never win again?
I have a number of homosexual friends, and what you say is true.But why do you call them 'gay'?
You have no idea who befriends the Romney's ? You spout your gibberish, and think no one will call you on it.
carol

Orlando, FL

#799471 Nov 8, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really, Romney paid $2.2 million in taxes last year, Big Bird sponged on the govenment dole for $2 million even when he did not need to. Typical liberals.
So, basically, Romney paid Big Bird's salary.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#799472 Nov 8, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Peppy says no to Big Bird but yes to Big Oil.
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#799473 Nov 8, 2012
dem wrote:
Sean hannity, gracious in defeat whined about Obamas vile campaign and vowed republicans will do the same next election.
Apparently forgetting he has been a vile prick his entire life and that his party got their own treatment shoved up their collective azz's.
Obama is going with FORWARD...calling MITT ROMNEY to help him fix the economy, you ...
dem ... moron... idiot!!!!! How stupid can you be?
carol

Orlando, FL

#799474 Nov 8, 2012
dem wrote:
Carol is the only bagger on this thread that's not a kkkoward.
Bet gunner and Fred and db are planning on bombing a federal building and killing woman and children.
Just a little reminder...the KKKowards were southern democrats.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#799475 Nov 8, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Big bird is a 1% er.
I have news. Big bird isn't a real person.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#799476 Nov 8, 2012
Ahhh, it's good to see the rightwingers rebounding after a tough loss. Back to their normal whiny selves, crabbing and bitching about everything.

Homer says welcome back.

We hardly missed ya.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#799477 Nov 8, 2012
OBAMA the GENIUS wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell your worthless Perry to hurry up and insure 8 million.
With Obama: GDP UP! JOB GROWTH UP! ACA: LAW OF THE LAND!
Coming soon: war on rich people skipping taxes!
Wars are generally good for the economy.
This one is easy to win.
Kock bros! Pay up!
400 people at the top worth 1.7 TRILLION DOLLARS.
and demand tax cuts?
Not any more!
We won!
We won!
We won!
Taxes higher on the rich incomes!
(Remember: Bush cutting them did no good)
Delusional, When was the last time you took your Meds?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Dr Guru 196,831
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr litesong 54,487
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Doug77 6,395
abby8-27-15 3 hr Sublime1 14
ask amy 8-27 3 hr PEllen 7
The Amazing Cashew 4 hr OH Im NUTS 1
Get an online store. Earn $$$$ (Jun '13) 5 hr Shaiilesh 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr RACE 100,626
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages