Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#798443 Nov 7, 2012
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
What drug did you take today?
I've a natural Obama high!!

How those anti-depressants working for you??

BWAHAHAHAHAHA
GOPidiotsx

Hollywood, FL

#798444 Nov 7, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope everyone is paying attention. This is another person who reelected this president.
Here's why you're so stupid and ill informed. Just watched a clip of your boy Bill O's show 2 dsys sgo, with Dick Morris proclaiming a Romney landslide because all polls were wrong. Bwaa haa haa
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#798445 Nov 7, 2012
Time4Rich People Pay UP wrote:
Dig a little deeper in your pockets all you rich, greedy, stuck up, mostly just lucky upper class. Spread the wealth. This is a victory for all of America. Not even a close election, lets make that very clear. And that is for a good reason, because we can see through the hatred of the republican party. Time to get your checkbooks out and pay more taxes like you should have been all along. Romney/Ryan, what a f'n joke. The red will not win for many,many more years!! GOD BLESS AMERICA! Way to go Obama/Biden, keep doing a great job.

If you want to tax the rich, start with the Obamas since they contribute about 25,000 tax free dollars to their daughter's college fund each year. That means the rest of us are subsidizing their future education.
krissy

Tacoma, WA

#798446 Nov 7, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You ARE out of touch. Fox has nothing to do with it.
At least I get to say "told ya'" in a few years...or sooner.
Did you really tell some female poster a few pages back to lean over and kiss her privates?
Al Sharpton

United States

#798447 Nov 7, 2012
The more you brag about winning, the more you suck the schlog of defeat when you lose.

Right, Repugs?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#798448 Nov 7, 2012
GOPidiotsx wrote:
<quoted text>
Guess that's why virtually every dingbat GOP Senate candidate lost too. Face it, America is finished with dingbat Fox swilling GOP knuckle dragging Neanderthals
Take your bitching to msn.com . It's their article.
Al Sharpton

United States

#798449 Nov 7, 2012
Where's Florida?

Where's mah main man, Florida?

Heh heh heh heh heh heh
JEB

Pompano Beach, FL

#798450 Nov 7, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Too bad Bachman got re elected, but, all in all very pleased.
We have Lois Frankel as our new congresswoman! Allen West is out!
State Attorney, Dave Aronberg! Most of the constitutional ammendments that the Republicans loaded on the ballot were crushed.
The Supreme Court to retain the judges that Rick Scott tried to get rid of. Yes, it's a good day all in all.
Mitt gave a nice gracious concession speech, first time he seemed real. Perhaps he ought to have been real all along instead of listening to his handlers, was he the liar, or were they?
The people have spoken, let's hope that Congress gets to work for the people now.
Sounds like Florida is now doomed like the USA is.
carol

Orlando, FL

#798451 Nov 7, 2012
Excerpt from Romney's concession speech:

"The nation, as you know, is at a critical point. At a time like this, we can’t risk partisan bickering and political posturing. Our leaders have to reach across the aisle to do the people’s work. And we citizens also have to rise to the occasion.

We look to our teachers and professors, we count on you not just to teach, but to inspire our children with a passion for learning and discovery. We look to our pastors and priests and rabbis and counselors of all kinds to testify of the enduring principles upon which our society is built: honesty, charity, integrity and family. We look to our parents, for in the final analysis everything depends on the success of our homes. We look to job creators of all kinds. We’re counting on you to invest, to hire, to step forward. And we look to Democrats and Republicans in government at all levels to put the people before the politics.

I believe in America. I believe in the people of America. And I ran for office because I’m concerned about America. This election is over, but our principles endure. I believe that the principles upon which this nation was founded are the only sure guide to a resurgent economy and to renewed greatness.

I so wish that I had been able to fulfill your hopes to lead the country in a different direction, but the nation chose another leader. And so Ann and I join with you to earnestly pray for him and for this great nation."

...I so wish that you had been able to fulfill our hopes to lead the country in a different direction too, Governor Romney.

A golden opportunity just slipped through our fingers.

But women can still kill their unborn and taxpayers can pay for their birth control.

Small and negative campaign ads accusing one's opponent of murder is now the new standard.

Big government and dependency is the new version of "honor".

But the majority have forgotten what's important and how to hope for something better.

And, yes, Governor Romney, you would have been a great president. I weep for what this nation threw away.
cway

United States

#798452 Nov 7, 2012
black man1 wrote:
<quoted text>lmao...boy, you are nothing but a waste of sperm. you wasted your time to come on here to post this ignorant crap. your mommy should have aborted you. boy, what a wasted life. BUT, GOOD LUCK...lol.
Wanna know why Repugs hate abortion?

It's because they're all abortions that lived.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#798453 Nov 7, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for waving your "this is my liberal mentality" sign.
dem can't pick up chicks on topix so he has to take over their identity. Pitty the poor kid.
No Mo Obamas

Los Angeles, CA

#798454 Nov 7, 2012
Pox on the house of the Obama/Biden supporters everywhere especially those traitors in the MMS who have allowed Barry Boy and his scummy wife to invade this county with Muslim traitors and MURDER the Ambassador to Libya and the three others. You all are complicit in the murders of the four in Libya and have blood on your hands. You are all pure evil and will pay for your sins! God damn you all to hell for all eternity Barbara Walters, Joy Behar, Whoopi Goldberg, Sherri Shepherd and all the rest of the puky filth spawn of the devil.
carol

Orlando, FL

#798456 Nov 7, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we know that's not really you?
Orlando. After three years, you can't even go back and look it up.

But you voted for Obama too, right?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#798457 Nov 7, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie does rock!!
His help proved how bipartisan Obama is - if he has a partner to work with.
Christie proved he is willing to work with the other side.
Obama proved he is willing to work with the other side.
Romney proved he's an out of touch elitist!!
I disagree. If Romney were an "out of touch elitist" many in Massuchussets would STILL be uninsured, and the 2002 SLC Olympic games might've been in even more serious trouble-like the direction this country is heading in now.
ARCHIVES-

Utah's Olympic Parks Keep The Dream Alive

Information
Utah Olympic Park
Soldier Hollow
Utah Olympic Oval

The 2002 Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City were an astounding success. http://www.utah.com/olympics/
---
While even Mr. Romney’s critics concede that the Games — which had faced serious potential financial difficulties before his arrival — were a huge success...(NYTimes 2007)

Scandal

The Scandal broke on 10 December 1998, when Swiss IOC member Marc Hodler, head of the coordination committee overseeing the organization of the 2002 games, announced that several members of the IOC had taken bribes. Soon four independent investigations were underway: by the IOC, the USOC, the SLOC, and the United States Department of Justice.

Before any of the investigations could even get under way both Welch and Johnson resigned their posts as the head of the SLOC. Many others soon followed. The Department of Justice filed charges against the two: fifteen charges of bribery and fraud. Johnson and Welch were eventually acquitted of all criminal charges in December 2003.[1]

As a result of the investigation, ten members of the IOC were expelled and another ten were sanctioned.[7] This was the first expulsion or sanction for corruption in the more than a century the IOC had existed. Although nothing strictly illegal had been done, it was felt that the acceptance of the gifts was morally dubious. Stricter rules were adopted for future bids and ceilings were put into place as to how much IOC members could accept from bid cities. Additionally new term and age limits were put into place for IOC membership, and fifteen former Olympic athletes were added to the committee.

In 2006, a report ordered by the Nagano region's governor said the Japanese city provided millions of dollars in an "illegitimate and excessive level of hospitality" to IOC members, including US$4.4 million spent on entertainment alone.[8]
Aftermath

**Mitt Romney was brought in to head the SLOC.[9] Romney aided in reorganizing the committee and helped to begin fixing the budget, which at the time was US$379 million short, and renewing sponsor enthusiasm....

From US$379 million short, to "astounding success."

Sometimes peoples WORK records and ethics, actually speak volumes of their true ability, and compassion for others.

I personally, think he'd've done a good job as POTUS. America's loss though, not Mr. Romneys.

So, Obama has his work cut out for him, and America is watching, as always.
JEB

Pompano Beach, FL

#798458 Nov 7, 2012
GOPidiotsx wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got a newsflash for ya, you racist inbred...YOU and people like you are why the GOP lost.
Who won in Jacksonville? LOL
cway

United States

#798459 Nov 7, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to tax the rich, start with the Obamas since they contribute about 25,000 tax free dollars to their daughter's college fund each year. That means the rest of us are subsidizing their future education.
What's that, Mister Repug?

You lost AGAIN?

Damn, that ain't good.

:)
JEB

Pompano Beach, FL

#798460 Nov 7, 2012
cway wrote:
The presidential race was a referendum on which party was most responsible for the recession.
Well, the people have spoken.
The recession wasn't black, but the vote was.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#798461 Nov 7, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Come Wednesday theses libtards will be changing names and avatars, faster then one can say obama has lost...
-
It's the culture...
While Floriduh goes into hiding, wailing and gnashing his false teeth!!

It's the culture..........
carol

Orlando, FL

#798462 Nov 7, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your bitching to msn.com . It's their article.
See...they can't keep blaming Bush during Obama's second term, so now Fox has taken his place.

It's just easier for them to live in denial that way.

Just a minute ago, I had to prove to Realtime that the "fiscal cliff" is not a Fox phrase. The same phrase was in the headlines of the WSJ, Reuters and CNN.

Amazing, isn't it? Simply amazing.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#798463 Nov 7, 2012
Well, Obama has been re-elected, and it is about time the Republicans STOP the obstructionism, the partisan game of dodge ball they've made of our political system, and actually work for the good of the country or they'll find they'll be facing yet another defeat in 2016, and we've got a number of good Democrats in the wings who will be able to stomp Ryan or whichever corporate shill the GOP puts up next.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min Sunshine 181,706
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 47 min JOEL 70,988
CHICAGO BEARS ARE SHYT. Boycott them 3 hr Sublime1 19
Deat Abby 12-16 4 hr Mister Tonka 51
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 5 hr TRD 68,875
sexting on whatsapp 6 hr cute_bwoy 1
14-Year-Old Boy Shot In Head On Far South Side 7 hr Taint Shield 4
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info