Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1274555 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

cway

United States

#798452 Nov 7, 2012
black man1 wrote:
<quoted text>lmao...boy, you are nothing but a waste of sperm. you wasted your time to come on here to post this ignorant crap. your mommy should have aborted you. boy, what a wasted life. BUT, GOOD LUCK...lol.
Wanna know why Repugs hate abortion?

It's because they're all abortions that lived.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#798453 Nov 7, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for waving your "this is my liberal mentality" sign.
dem can't pick up chicks on topix so he has to take over their identity. Pitty the poor kid.
No Mo Obamas

Los Angeles, CA

#798454 Nov 7, 2012
Pox on the house of the Obama/Biden supporters everywhere especially those traitors in the MMS who have allowed Barry Boy and his scummy wife to invade this county with Muslim traitors and MURDER the Ambassador to Libya and the three others. You all are complicit in the murders of the four in Libya and have blood on your hands. You are all pure evil and will pay for your sins! God damn you all to hell for all eternity Barbara Walters, Joy Behar, Whoopi Goldberg, Sherri Shepherd and all the rest of the puky filth spawn of the devil.
carol

Orlando, FL

#798456 Nov 7, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
How do we know that's not really you?
Orlando. After three years, you can't even go back and look it up.

But you voted for Obama too, right?
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#798457 Nov 7, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie does rock!!
His help proved how bipartisan Obama is - if he has a partner to work with.
Christie proved he is willing to work with the other side.
Obama proved he is willing to work with the other side.
Romney proved he's an out of touch elitist!!
I disagree. If Romney were an "out of touch elitist" many in Massuchussets would STILL be uninsured, and the 2002 SLC Olympic games might've been in even more serious trouble-like the direction this country is heading in now.
ARCHIVES-

Utah's Olympic Parks Keep The Dream Alive

Information
Utah Olympic Park
Soldier Hollow
Utah Olympic Oval

The 2002 Winter Olympic Games in Salt Lake City were an astounding success. http://www.utah.com/olympics/
---
While even Mr. Romney’s critics concede that the Games — which had faced serious potential financial difficulties before his arrival — were a huge success...(NYTimes 2007)

Scandal

The Scandal broke on 10 December 1998, when Swiss IOC member Marc Hodler, head of the coordination committee overseeing the organization of the 2002 games, announced that several members of the IOC had taken bribes. Soon four independent investigations were underway: by the IOC, the USOC, the SLOC, and the United States Department of Justice.

Before any of the investigations could even get under way both Welch and Johnson resigned their posts as the head of the SLOC. Many others soon followed. The Department of Justice filed charges against the two: fifteen charges of bribery and fraud. Johnson and Welch were eventually acquitted of all criminal charges in December 2003.[1]

As a result of the investigation, ten members of the IOC were expelled and another ten were sanctioned.[7] This was the first expulsion or sanction for corruption in the more than a century the IOC had existed. Although nothing strictly illegal had been done, it was felt that the acceptance of the gifts was morally dubious. Stricter rules were adopted for future bids and ceilings were put into place as to how much IOC members could accept from bid cities. Additionally new term and age limits were put into place for IOC membership, and fifteen former Olympic athletes were added to the committee.

In 2006, a report ordered by the Nagano region's governor said the Japanese city provided millions of dollars in an "illegitimate and excessive level of hospitality" to IOC members, including US$4.4 million spent on entertainment alone.[8]
Aftermath

**Mitt Romney was brought in to head the SLOC.[9] Romney aided in reorganizing the committee and helped to begin fixing the budget, which at the time was US$379 million short, and renewing sponsor enthusiasm....

From US$379 million short, to "astounding success."

Sometimes peoples WORK records and ethics, actually speak volumes of their true ability, and compassion for others.

I personally, think he'd've done a good job as POTUS. America's loss though, not Mr. Romneys.

So, Obama has his work cut out for him, and America is watching, as always.
JEB

Pompano Beach, FL

#798458 Nov 7, 2012
GOPidiotsx wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got a newsflash for ya, you racist inbred...YOU and people like you are why the GOP lost.
Who won in Jacksonville? LOL
cway

United States

#798459 Nov 7, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to tax the rich, start with the Obamas since they contribute about 25,000 tax free dollars to their daughter's college fund each year. That means the rest of us are subsidizing their future education.
What's that, Mister Repug?

You lost AGAIN?

Damn, that ain't good.

:)
JEB

Pompano Beach, FL

#798460 Nov 7, 2012
cway wrote:
The presidential race was a referendum on which party was most responsible for the recession.
Well, the people have spoken.
The recession wasn't black, but the vote was.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#798461 Nov 7, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Come Wednesday theses libtards will be changing names and avatars, faster then one can say obama has lost...
-
It's the culture...
While Floriduh goes into hiding, wailing and gnashing his false teeth!!

It's the culture..........
carol

Orlando, FL

#798462 Nov 7, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Take your bitching to msn.com . It's their article.
See...they can't keep blaming Bush during Obama's second term, so now Fox has taken his place.

It's just easier for them to live in denial that way.

Just a minute ago, I had to prove to Realtime that the "fiscal cliff" is not a Fox phrase. The same phrase was in the headlines of the WSJ, Reuters and CNN.

Amazing, isn't it? Simply amazing.
Barros Serrano

Reserve, NM

#798463 Nov 7, 2012
Well, Obama has been re-elected, and it is about time the Republicans STOP the obstructionism, the partisan game of dodge ball they've made of our political system, and actually work for the good of the country or they'll find they'll be facing yet another defeat in 2016, and we've got a number of good Democrats in the wings who will be able to stomp Ryan or whichever corporate shill the GOP puts up next.
Dch

Chattanooga, TN

#798464 Nov 7, 2012
Looks like the upper east coast got what they deserve (Sandy and now snow) for voting Black Osama back in

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#798465 Nov 7, 2012
GOPidiotsx wrote:
<quoted text>
That's pretty hilarious coming fom you, who can even accept that America rejects your wackadoodle half baked ideas of governing.
The fiscal cliff is only a problem because tea turd House members refuse to include revenue to pay down the debt they racked up going back to Reagan
56 million Americans rejected your fully baked ideas of governing.
carol

Orlando, FL

#798466 Nov 7, 2012
carol wrote:
Cayleeeeeeeeee!!!! I can still see your little face. I loved the way you sang "You Are My Sunshine" on Nancy Grace over and over again. Of course, I love that Nancy Grace, as she is sooooo much for the victims and not the perp and pulls no punches. Sometimes tho, I wonder if she didn't kind of go over the top a little and let that little amateur stripper get off the hook. Grrrrrrr, it makes me so mad I still stay up at night and have to have a hot cocoa before I can go off to sleep again. Sometimes I still hear that song, far off in the distance, to where I think I might go mad. It's like she was MY baby -- all of ours, actually, but if only I could have been given some kind of clue -- like in a dream -- and swooped down and saved her from that trunk, with the choloroform. I wonder how bad she stank, being in there for days and days in the hot FL summer. A tragedy that just wont go away, I can tell you -- not for me. Screw Cindy and George too, they're still my neighbors.
God bless Caylee in heaven and I hope she got the very best teddy bear they have up there!!!
Wave that sign just a little higher..."I VOTED FOR OBAMA!!"
No Mo Obamas

Los Angeles, CA

#798467 Nov 7, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
If you want to tax the rich, start with the Obamas since they contribute about 25,000 tax free dollars to their daughter's college fund each year. That means the rest of us are subsidizing their future education.
Their dumb daughters will only get a college education because of their filthy dirty father! The Obamas are pure filth and have contributed nothing to charity! How DARE HE demand Romney turn over his tax returns? The devil wouldn't even take Trump's generous offer for an enormous contribution for charity if he'd open up those records he's been hiding!!!

PURE EVIL FILTHY SCUMBAG LYING TRASH OBAMA FAMILY AND ALL HIS SUPPORTERS!

GRUNTING C ___ S starting with STINKING MARION ROBINSON AND HER EVIL SEEDS!

The Obamas need to be audited with a fine tooth comb along with each and every single family member and friend of theirs and made to REPAY every red cent they've stolen from us!

Audit those filthy Bidens too especially the "C" Jill Biden...BEOTCH TWO BAGGING C__T!

Malia and Sasha Obama are the most hated first children EVER to occupy the White House and they are rotten seeds!

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#798468 Nov 7, 2012
LOL, I think that the reason Romney supporters didn't want Obama in the office for another 4 years & why they're making excuses by saying things like, "Obama is going to do a lot worse to this country than before!", etc., is because he's African-American (more like, half African-American & half Caucasian?) & because they wanted a Caucasian to run the office.

That's all that it is. Why not just come out & be honest with yourselves, Obama haters? You don't want to elect a man because he cares about this country, you just wanted Romney in because he's white. Well, tough luck, because he's in this office until January 20, 2017.

Suck it up & deal with it, losers (and I'm African-American myself, just in case you're wondering).
carol

Orlando, FL

#798469 Nov 7, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you saying there are no pro life Democrats or no Democrats against same sex marriage?
Pro life Democrats
http://www.democratsforlife.org/
It's too easy for Realtime to blame Fox.

Let him revel in his denial. Best not to disturb him.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#798470 Nov 7, 2012
GOPidiotsx wrote:
<quoted text>
The only place Romney wanted people to work is China
And Obama doesn't want people to work at all. So there!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#798471 Nov 7, 2012
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Homosexual men twice as likely to have cancer: study
CALIFORNIA, May 9, 2012 - Homosexual men are twice as likely to have had cancer than men who are not homosexual, with the difference likely being explained by the high prevalence of anal cancer and HIV/AIDS among homosexual men, according to a study issued in California today.
The study, published in the journal Cancer, examined the cancer prevalence in men and women in categories of “sexual orientation” and subsequently compared the health of male and female cancer survivors.
The study was based on data from a self-reporting survey conducted by the California Health Interview of over 120,000 people in the state of California over 2001, 2003, and 2005. It is the largest state survey of its kind in the United States.
Of those interviewed, 1,493 men described themselves as homosexuals and 3,690 men reported a cancer diagnosis. Homosexual men were 1.9 times more likely than other men to have had cancer and, on average, were diagnosed with cancer ten years earlier than other men.
“The greater cancer prevalence among gay men may be caused by a higher rate of anal cancer, as suggested by earlier studies that point to an excess risk of anal cancer,” said the study.
Ulrike Boehmer, the study’s lead author from the Boston University School of Public Health, said proven higher rates of HIV in homosexual men may be related to their increased risk of cancer, but the study did not address that question specifically.
HIV and AIDS have been linked to a series of cancers including Kaposi sarcoma and non-Hodgkin lymphoma as well as anal, lung, testicular cancer and Hodgkin lymphoma. These types of cancer appear more common among those who engage in homosexual sex.
The survey found no significant difference between female cancer patients who described themselves as “gay” or “bisexual” and those who did not. However,“gay” and “bisexual” females were twice as likely to report experiencing poor health after a cancer diagnosis than other females.
The survey did note, however, that by interviewing the “survivors” the survey did not give a true representation of cancer cases since some patients would have died or been too ill to report.
“Because more gay men report as cancer survivors, we need foremost programs for gay men that focus on primary cancer prevention and early cancer detection,” study author Boehmer reported.
“Because more lesbian and bisexual women than heterosexual women with cancer report that they are in poor health, we need foremost programs and services that improve the well-being of lesbian and bisexual cancer survivors,” she added.
We've always known you're a self-loathing gay man, Nobraina.

No need to flaunt your health worries about your alternate lifestyle.

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#798472 Nov 7, 2012
1st reaction to the treasonous bastards win..Markets down 300 points.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy 8-28-15 4 min Mister Tonka 4
abby 8-28=15 9 min RACE 4
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Jacques Ottawa 196,893
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 18 min RACE 6,399
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 56 min PEllen 100,627
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Community Disorga... 54,490
abby8-27-15 3 hr Mister Tonka 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages