Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1252278 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#798328 Nov 7, 2012
James Madison wrote:
Yep.
People don't care. They just wanted a black president. Period.
You're right, they have no one to blame but themselves when taxes skyrocket and the military becomes downsized, leaving us vulnerable to attacks.
They are actually happy that they have put this country in danger.
"""Taxes Skyrocket""" " OH, NO!!!!!!!! You mean those making more than $250K per year will have to go back to the 1996 rates!!!!! OH, NO !!!! That means them paying 3.6% more!!!!!!!!!! Oh, NO !!!!!!!!!! You mean not spending more money on defense than the next 10 nations combined? OH ,NO!!!!!!!!

“I be me, and you are...”

Since: Dec 06

in a city...

#798329 Nov 7, 2012
Somethings really reaks inside the Library and I can tell you wipes work great!!!!!

Can't wait till that scent is out gone...

Yucks...
TSM

El Paso, TX

#798330 Nov 7, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you the Imbecile that predicted Romney would win?
Sure DID no Regrets!!

in a city...

#798331 Nov 7, 2012
Share share

If means of funds can't be done...share some from the good sense of a care...:)
www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#798332 Nov 7, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
Panetta claims it took hours for the military to figure out what to do in Benghazi and that is the reason the people had to fight for the lives for 7 hours.
This is the height of incompetence.
Vote Obama out!
How's that working out for you, JasonJay??

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

in a city...

#798333 Nov 7, 2012
LOL

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#798334 Nov 7, 2012
DEBIL gets blamed for so much, DEBIL caint hep hisself he gits carried away with hate and resentment. He hate humans so much he make some gay. He so ugly he hate the innocent. He hate babies. Some day babies get even. Then DEBIL be sorry. Very sorry.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

#798335 Nov 7, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
With diabetic fatties like Carol running around, someone has to.
It will lower healthcare costs if Americans were more fit.
Did you complain when Eisenhower pushed for a more fit America during the Cold War?? When fitness became a national priority??
This is nothing new, except for your ignorance on the subject.
But I thought that you were all about "my body, my choice". If you can't trust a woman to decide for herself how much soda she wants to buy, how can you trust her making life and/or death decisions?

Location hidden

#798336 Nov 7, 2012
moshx wrote:
Anyone that votes for obama the treasonous bastard is misinformed,has no clue,just plain stupid or a mindless fool incapable of thinking for themsleves.
A VOTE FOR OBAMA IS A VOTE AGAINST AMERICA..
You lose.

Time to move your ass to a Communist Nation.

America rejects racists like you!!
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#798337 Nov 7, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Could be because this was the most severe storm to hit the NY area in decades, if not 100 years.
Funny how you nitwits think Obama is the Messiah and can wave his magic wand and fix everything.
In the real world, it takes time to recover from disasters such as Sandy.
How long did it take Nawlens to recover from Katrina??
It still hasn't, and Katrina was in 2005!!
You're such a sorry, hateful person, Nobraina. I've always taken pleasure at your obvious misery in life!!
Let's see...
STORM of the CENTURY every two weeks!LOL
"not even obamma could fix it" WWWAAAA BUSH,BUSH,BUSH!
"CHOCLATE nawlens?" "obamma hates black people" is why he has done NOTHING in 4 years for them!
You are a hateful person "nuc opt" it must be tiring.

Location hidden

#798340 Nov 7, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama can't win. He just can't.
oh, but he did!!

Looks like your cheap, fake version of Jesus abandoned you!!

Jesus was a Community Organizer.

He was in the tank for Obama!!

Location hidden

#798341 Nov 7, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>Let's see...
STORM of the CENTURY every two weeks!LOL
"not even obamma could fix it" WWWAAAA BUSH,BUSH,BUSH!
"CHOCLATE nawlens?" "obamma hates black people" is why he has done NOTHING in 4 years for them!
You are a hateful person "nuc opt" it must be tiring.
Beats being a racist sore loser like you!!

Location hidden

#798342 Nov 7, 2012
Florida wrote:
<quoted text>Obama is NOT re-electable because of idiots like you keyedup... Moat peopl hate your style of idiot....
-
It's the culture...
Appears he was very reelectable!!

Americans see right thru liars like Rmoney!!

It's the culture..........

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#798343 Nov 7, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Note to Emaam.
Political victories in the USA are winner take all.
Remember when Bush lost the popular vote to Gore by 500,000 votes??
Bet it didn't bother you that Bush had actually lost the election when the SC anointed him..
He still got to destroy the economy and get thousands of Americans killed.
And you loved it.
You should leave. You never seem to realize when you expiration date is past.
"President Obama’s tactical victory is clear when you look at the election returns. He has no grand mandate that comes out of Tuesday’s numbers. He has been re-elected, but his policies did not win the day. Voters didn't turn their faces up to the vision he painted the way they did in 2008. When voters were asked which candidate had a vision for the future, Romney won that question in exit polls, 55 percent to 43 percent. Asked about Obama's signature achievement, health care, voters did not approve. Forty-nine percent said they wanted it repealed in part or whole. Voters also said the federal government was too large."

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#798344 Nov 7, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Note to Emaam.
Political victories in the USA are winner take all.
Remember when Bush lost the popular vote to Gore by 500,000 votes??
Bet it didn't bother you that Bush had actually lost the election when the SC anointed him..
He still got to destroy the economy and get thousands of Americans killed.
And you loved it.
You should leave. You never seem to realize when you expiration date is past.
"A divided nation did not hand President Obama a mandate in his re-election victory.

This year's candidate Obama -- with a campaign that sought to tear down Mitt Romney more than build upon the vision of his first four years -- needs to fall away with the last counted votes of 2012."

Location hidden

#798345 Nov 7, 2012
glennm69 wrote:
<quoted text>
This administration seems to be trouncing on citizens rights.
TWO more DAYS.
Romney/Ryan 2012
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#798346 Nov 7, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I blame Bush for what he deserves to be blamed with. Too bad you right whiners can't. You have to search others to blame.
I work & earn my own keep. I pay my taxers & don't constantly whine about it.
It's called H I S T O R Y. You morons like to try to rewrite it but it won't work.
You still blame President Bush, Davey? He has been out of the White House almost four years. This guy who said.. he could fix it, has been there almost as long, and nada =nothing 7.9% umemployment, and that doesn't count those who have given up looking. Although it's in the range of 16%, but this guy draws a pass. Whata Country.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#798347 Nov 7, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I predict the overwhelming majority of those 'handouts' will be in the form of low-interest small business loans. Once the jobs start returning, and people can realistically become self-employed, or work one job at living wages, rather than 3 at minimum,(none of which includes insurance, retirement, or pto's) there will be a lot fewer folks who apply for help.
Hint: they won't need it anymore.
Actually, the handouts (if promises are kept) will come in the form of citizenship, contraception, abortion, health insurance, free college.

Location hidden

#798349 Nov 7, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
So, Mitt has hired Glen Beck to court the evangelicals? LOL!
Obama 306.9
Romney 231.1
electoral votes
Your prediction was quite accurate, Lily!!

You've taken the most abuse from these nitwits.

Nice to be vindicated, isn't it??

All those who called you names have been proven to be completely wrong.

I'm lovin' it!!

Don't know what happened to Jean, but you and she did an excellent job putting down the hateful racists, who even attacked your husband!!

I will likely not return to this site after today, just wanted to wish you well.

Kudos to; sonic, realtime, leosnana, Tenzing, Patrick, Ghost, dem, Fetch, etc.

We fought the good fight, and our side prevailed!!

Don't get much better than that, does it!!
One for all all for one

Bethlehem, PA

#798350 Nov 7, 2012
I'll bet my sil sobbed her heart out when Romney lost. She once ranted uncontrollably that the democrats want to take all of our money. LOl because she donated thousands and thousands to the Republican party in the last 5 years. Kind of like flushing what little "wealth" she has, down the toilet. So cheap, her and my bro can't even send a freaking card to their mother/mil or spare a Xmas gift, yet they can toss throw all of their money to a bunch of people who could care less about anyone except themselves.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
9 dead 53 injured 18 min Right Wing 6
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Mark 52,025
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr White_Lightning 6,150
Ask Amy 7-1-15 1 hr Mister Tonka 7
aggy-6-30-15 1 hr Mister Tonka 18
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr White_Lightning 5,327
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 192,447
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr nonattorney spoke... 99,922
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages