Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
738,361 - 738,380 of 1,082,846 Comments Last updated 7 min ago
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Why the Conservative Media Got It So Wrong

For instance, at the well respected conservative website Hot Air, well over 90% of their respondents to a poll the day before the election believed that Romney would win, most by a large margin. It is not a coincidence that the site provided information and commentary which almost universally both backed up and facilitated that belief.

Related to this is also the commercial aspect of the modern news media. There is absolutely no doubt that partisan outlets (which now describes about 100% of the media) do far better with their audiences when they tell them what they want to hear. I personally got an enormous amount of irrational grief (and actually lost twitter followers!) because I dared to write about how I thought Obama would win, even though my predictions were actually more optimistic than what the left was tending to portend. The fact that I was correct will mean absolutely nothing to my detractors because credibility no longer has any currency in this celebrity driven culture.

This last point is why Dick Morris can add to his extraordinary record of being catastrophically wrong about just about every major prediction he makes without fear (as long as Fox News renews his contract) of being held accountable. Conservatives are not going to be angry at conservative commentators for telling them what they wanted to hear. They will now simply blame the mainstream media, fraud, and the "low info" voters instead. The conservative outlets themselves will now be all too happy to still have Obama around as a cash cow for the next four years.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-ziegler/ro...
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Lord Fetch wrote:
After loss, Romney slammed as ‘weak moderate’ by Tea Party Patriots
weak moderate...TRANSLATION: WE NEED TO BE MORE RADICAL NEXT TIME
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!!!!!!
OMG

Can you imagine the pitchforks?

Might cause a run on molten steel!!!

lol

TEA!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget CNN--and quit hatin' on the messengers!
Shame on YOU!
GOD Bless America!!!!!!!!!!
Bring a decent discussion instead of rhetoric, half-truths, innuendos and outright fabrications and I'll give it a try.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>as if on cue:
A national tea party organization is slamming Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney for being a “weak, Beltway elite candidate who failed to campaign forcefully on America’s founding principles — and lost.”
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/06/after-loss-...
are we good or what?
That response was predicted 2 weeks ago.

Another prediction they didn't pay attention to.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

As Dweeb would say;

Repubs took a helluva shellacking yesterday.

POTUS and +3 in the Senate.

Knocked off Walsh and West, almost got Bachmann!!

Tea PArty officially dead!!

Repubs lost - BIG TIME!!
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Obama keeps saying that his second term will be better. Do you think he will be able to get gas prices up to $8 during his second term? I'm thinking more like $6.
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
How the pollsters won the 2012 US election, mostly
It was a good night for most polling organizations; aggregators got it close to perfect. For the 'unskewed' crowd, not so much
My advice to anyone wanting to dig into the numbers is fairly simple: trust the polls. I learned this lesson in 2004, and I hold onto it now. Most pollsters have degrees in statistics; they've been doing this stuff for a long time. They aren't infallible, but there is a reason why major news organizations hire them. Pollsters for the most part know what they are doing. Chances are that they know more than you do.
Still, there are some pollsters who are going to have to go back to the drawing board after this election. Last week, I wrote about how Public Policy Polling and Rasmussen differed on the winner in Colorado, Florida, New Hampshire, Ohio and Virginia. Rasmussen eventually found a shift in New Hampshire towards the president and a tie in Ohio. In all five cases, it seems that Public Policy Polling (PPP) had the correct winner all along. They continue a fine record of polling, despite a Democratic affiliation.
This marks the second election cycle in a row, however, in which Rasmussen has shown a serious Republican bias. They also were right-leaning in their 2008 state polls. That's a far fall for a pollster who was so accurate in 2004 and 2006.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/...
they were betting heavily on the obviously...VERY obviously flawed gallup poll
Fox News.

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Nuculur option wrote:
Where's Gunner?

Where's Fretard??

Where's DB??

Where's Emaam??

Where's Floriduh??

Carol, Nobraina, and IM are spewing sour grapes, but at least they showed up today.

The rest proved how cowardly they are.

I've been calling them that for a long time, now they've proven me correct!!

I'm lovin' it!!
Stand by till we tell them what to say.
BE WARNED

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Charisma Magazine
Should a Christian Vote for Barack Obama?
The below article responds to the Rev. Dennis Dillon, publisher of The Christian Times, who recently wrote an article called,“Why Christians Should Vote for Barack Obama.” Mr. Dillon mentioned Bishop Mattera by name, attempting to rebut the Bishop’s piece,“Why Do So Many Believers Shun Biblical Values While Voting?”
Before I respond to Mr. Dillon, let me preface it by saying that I do not like using a pen to debate someone who calls himself a brother. I would rather be face-to-face. Despite our disagreements, I trust that he is an honorable man who sincerely believes that he best represents Christ. But because the article he published singling me out and encouraging Christians to vote for Barack Obama was both theologically ignorant and politically naive, I must respond.
Biblical Values?
First, Dillon gets into a word game over “biblical values” versus “Christ’s righteousness,” as though there’s incongruity with the two. He puts me in the former category; him the latter. Of course, the righteousness extended through faith in Christ is a component of “biblical values,” although, strangely, Dillon’s point is to lump those who believe in “biblical values” with the Pharisees demanding that Jesus condemn the woman caught in adultery. He coupled this bizarre analogy by applying Greek definitions to the modern-day words liberal and conservative, with the ultimate point being, if you can believe it, that it was the “conservative” Pharisees who wanted the woman stoned, but Jesus, the liberal lion, extended her grace.
Like I said, the analogy was weird.
In any event, it’s poor scholarship to prove a point using the original Greek meaning of a word while isolating that very same word from context in which it was used. In this case, the word liberal understood today does not even remotely refer to the liberty we have in Christ (John 8:31-36) because the liberty we have in Christ is never disconnected from virtue; it means having the freedom not to sin.
The contemporary use of the word liberal, however, refers to people who identify as pro-abortion, are proponents of same-sex marriage, wish to purge religion from the public square, favor an activist role for the federal government and demand high taxation.
Meanwhile, to suggest, as Dillon did, that the word conservative is code today for protecting the racist and ungodly status quo that Jesus confronted is beyond preposterous. As any Political Science 101 student grasps, I used conservative to describe a political philosophy that respects the involvement of Judeo-Christian values in our culture, a position that should be non-controversial for any Bible-believing Christian.
FIRE THE GOP

Hillsborough, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Mi_nina wrote:
Obama needs to try to heal the divide in this nation,...IF he really cares about it.
But but but but.....

Republicans caused the divide!

President Obama: "there are no red States and no blue States, we are THE UNITED STATES!"

that was said BEFORE his win in 2008!

Republicans decided BEFORE he took office to stone wall, not work for the best of the country and to make Obama a one term president.

Well that was dumb!

SEARCH: ACA: WILL BE IMPLEMENTED IN ALL 50 STATES

Obama won. Senate won. Dems won.

CONGRATULATIONS!

DEMOCRATS: our doors are always open, let's make a deal to make our country better: taxes higher on rich incomes. Forget Grover! Work for the people.
BE WARNED

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Besides, to imply that Jesus would not uphold the moral law of God because that would make him pharisaical ignores the fact that Jesus said he didn’t come to abolish God’s law, but to fulfill it (see Matt. 5:7, 17). And if that weren’t enough, Jesus said that our righteousness must be greater than that of the Pharisees if we are to enter the kingdom of heaven (Matt. 5:20). The context of this passage demonstrates that Jesus’ use of righteousness is based on upholding the law, which has to do with what he taught from Matthew 5:21-7:29 regarding obeying that law from the heart and not merely with outward form and rituals.
In Dillon’s use of the woman caught in adultery, what he failed to note is that Jesus not only forgave her but also told her to “go and sin no more”(John 8:11). I suppose Jesus was a narrow-minded, self-righteous Pharisee, huh?
Liberal Economics
Second, Dillon says that conservative Christians are “dogmatic, anti-poor, pro-war” and shouldn’t even call themselves Christians. Yep, the same guy ranting about dogmatism one minute ago actually says that not following his own reflections on Jesus makes the Christian Right, er, un-Christian. Let that one sink in for a minute.
Back in the real world, under Barack Obama’s presidency there are now more people on food stamps than ever before, the unemployment rate is higher today than when he took office, the employment participation rate is lower and the poverty rate is soaring. And in the black community, unemployment remains double the national average, towering at a staggering 14.3 percent.
Is this the Rev. Dillon’s idea of eradicating poverty—by creating millions more poor people?
Bottom line: Barack Obama’s policies are a disaster by every economic metric.
Dillon should also cut back the lectures on “war,” seeing that this president ramped up drone kills, aided military strikes in Libya and continues a war in Afghanistan for no good reason.
A Biblical President?
Third, Dillon argues that Barack Obama quotes the Bible often—a “religious pioneer” if you will. Mitt Romney, however, is a professed Mormon. Enough said, we’re told. So let’s see how our noted theological president sold same-sex marriage to ABC News:“[Michelle and I] both practicing Christians and obviously this position may be considered to put us at odds with the views of others but, you know, when we think about our faith, the thing at root that we think about is, not only Christ sacrificing Himself on our behalf, but it's also the Golden Rule, you know, treat others the way you would want to be treated.”
Who knew, Jesus Christ was the first same-sex marriage advocate.
Obama’s also extreme on abortion. He favors it in every single trimester (partial-birth abortion, too) and even opposed the “Born Alive Infant Protection Act,” which was a law granting rights to babies of botched abortions in Chicago.
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, the superPACs made the scene again, but it isn't "what's fair is fair", it's "what's unfair was countered with unfair". We weren't in the dark ages before the Supreme Court ruling created a hideous mockery of honest campaign finance, but there's no guarantee we can't return to workhouses and poor farms.
Really, yo did NOT just use "honest" and "campaign finance" in the same sentence?

Red alert-- red alert, another speshull tin foil session on reality need suspected lol.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
We have a president who ran a small and negative campaign with no record to run on, no plan for the next four years but big on lies and smearing his opponent.
We have a president who does not reach across the aisle, characterizes half the nation as being un-American, encourages his base to vote out of revenge and hides from the press.
We have a president who believes he can spend our way out of an already insurmountable debt, who wants as many people dependent on taxpayers as possible and taking even more of our money come January 1.
We have a president who promised to be more flexible with Russia, who doesn't call radical Islam terrorists and who sees Europe's crumbling social democracy system as the model for this nation.
We have a president who will continue to conquer and divide, who warms up to celebrities and elitists but thinks job makers are the real problem.
The easily fooled and haters voted this president back into office. Because of them, we have turned the corner and are on a path from which we may never recover.
Because of them, we will have four more years of high unemployment, gridlock and, eventually, a third world health system.
Because of them, more manufacturers will leave this country, more hardworking people will lose their incentive to try and do better and more job opportunities will become a thing of the past.
Because of them, I don't recognize my country any longer.
For now, the rest of us can only go on with our lives, hope for the best, expect the worst and try to survive another four years.
I truly believe God has washed his hands of us. Many who reelected this president voted Him out of their party.
We have lost our bearings and, therefore, we cannot expect to be blessed.
So basically I'm done. I'm taking my purse and going home.
But we will reap what we have sown. That's the law of nature mandated by God.
Perhaps it has already begun. We will know soon enough. I hope those on the left will not live to regret what they have done because what they have done will affect us all.
Later.
Guess you'll have to go eat worms!
TheIndependentMa jority

East Bernstadt, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>I have never seen a more unhappy group of children in my life!!! You win and all you got is hatey-hate-hate so deep in your souls you can not stop for one second to even take a congrats from your opponent!
Well then Fk Yu! and the obamma you rode in on!
ok now that one IS kinda funny LOL
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>the funniest part about this is that you really seem to believe it...you tards are a funny bunch
Not half as funny as you, thinking you are getting anywhere! You just took a giant step back and the funniest part is you don't even know it!

Since: Nov 09

Beaver Island, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Nuculur option wrote:
Where's Gunner?
Where's Fretard??
Where's DB??
Where's Emaam??
Where's Floriduh??
Carol, Nobraina, and IM are spewing sour grapes, but at least they showed up today.
The rest proved how cowardly they are.
I've been calling them that for a long time, now they've proven me correct!!
I'm lovin' it!!
Hopefully they are either hiding in a bunker or off to a "whiter" Canada. I miss old goober, I wanted to remind him to buy some ammo before the NRA convinces all their sheep members that the sky is falling. When they start hoarding guns and ammo the price will go through the roof again like four years ago.
Fox News.

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

VeganTiger wrote:
<quoted text>If you guys are so good at "sticking together" why don't you also take care of yourself then instead of looting others?

hehe, call anyone else Bithces, but we will see how much more that helps you fill the gas tank and get a job, since obviosuly your Fuhrer cannot do so.
Perhaps you'll feel better if I tell you Florida is going to Obama too.
Lord Fetch

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Fill it wit DUHMORATS???
Vermin begets vermin!!
Quit hating on the REAL patriots!!!
Shame on you!
TEA-Here to STAY- because We ARE America!!!
and GOD BLESS US!
woweeee! this trouncing blew your last gasket didn't it?
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

iamcuriousnow wrote:
look at all the cry babies on this thread-Romney lost because intelligent people voted for Obama-Republicans are responsible for the economic mess-intelligent voters knew that and voted accordingly
If one of the requirements to vote was to have a job, Romney would've won by a landslide.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Lord Fetch wrote:
After loss, Romney slammed as ‘weak moderate’ by Tea Party Patriots
weak moderate...TRANSLATION: WE NEED TO BE MORE RADICAL NEXT TIME
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!!!!!!
Incredible! Bye bye, Akin, Murderdock, West, Walsh and the rest of the merry band of teaparty jerks.

What a great night!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

84 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 7-29 11 min boundary painter 15
ALLAH ne HAZRAT ayesha rand ki pichese gand mar... (Nov '12) 16 min Shah king 3
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 19 min boundary painter 7,704
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 23 min Terry rigsby 48,976
Am 7-29 24 min boundary painter 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 29 min Brian_G 45,860
Mean Green Hand Scrub-Can Alleviate Symptons of... (Mar '08) 47 min mee 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 175,034
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Sublime1 97,573
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••