Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
738,321 - 738,340 of 1,100,983 Comments Last updated 2 hrs ago
BE WARNED

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#797524 Nov 7, 2012
Be encouraged now because as you go forth boldly with My Word and My Spirit there will be the sound of truth and it will prevail in the land. Speak boldly and clearly and watch as the mighty men arise to take their positions on the wall and in the churches and in the marketplaces. For I am raising up deliverers and reformers in this generation who will not shrink back at the challenge that is coming in the days ahead.

Yes, it will grow darker before My light shines brightly from this nation again. But the light has not been extinguished and will not be extinguished. The time to rise up is now. I am calling you to war. I am calling you to repentance. I am calling you to My side. I am the captain of the hosts. I am calling you to victory. I am calling you to destiny. Will you answer?

Please, Please Wake Up!

That was nearly six years ago! There is hope for America. I believe the remnant is rising. But it has certainly gotten darker in this nation and, again, I fear God's judgment may come if we continue to stand by in silence while abortions, same-sex marriage and other sin rages in our land.
The church—AKA the sleeping giant—needs to wake up. If the church were being the church, we wouldn’t have all these problems. Of course, these problems didn’t just start four years ago. There’s been a gradual decline in morality in this nation since prayer was removed from schools in 1962.

Abortion was legalized in 1973. Massachusetts became the first state to legalize gay marriage in 2004. And plenty of wickedness has taken place in between and since.

What if we all lived the Sermon on the Mount lifestyle? The Sermon on the Mount speaks against murder, which is what abortion really is. The Sermon on the Mount speaks against sexual immorality, which includes homosexuality.

The Sermon on the Mount speaks against divorce. But the church is largely ignoring the Sermon on the Mount's Christianity 101 lessons. The church looks, thinks and acts too much like the world. Christians are having abortions. Christians are committing adultery.

Christians are fornicating. Christians are getting divorced. Lord, help us!

At the same time, the Sermon on the Mount speaks to giving to the needy, prayer and fasting. I can’t prove it with hard numbers, but I submit to you that it’s likely that most Christians aren’t giving to the poor.

It’s probable that most Christians aren’t praying for our nation. I’m sure most Christians aren’t fasting. We really aren’t the salt and the light. And that’s why it’s getting darker.

Adding insult to this injurious lifestyle, some Christians declare that the prayer rallies and solemn assemblies don’t make a difference. I believe the greatest sin of the church is prayerlessness. The government of the world happens in the prayer rooms. Yet we’re too busy feeding our souls on worldly entertainment to meet God at the altar.

Our nation is in crisis. It has grown darker over the past five years. It will continue growing darker until we turn back to God as a nation. The good news is when we do, we’ll see a Great Awakening and many souls will come into the kingdom. I’m blowing the trumpet. I’m sounding the alarm. There is hope for America, and that hope lies in the body of Christ rising up to do as Jesus commanded: Occupy until I come.
VeganTiger

Seattle, WA

#797525 Nov 7, 2012
Cry baby cry lmao wrote:
\When women, gays,blacks,Latinos and college students stick together we win and you racist don't stand a chance DEAL WITH IT B@&ches lmao
If you guys are so good at "sticking together" why don't you also take care of yourself then instead of looting others?

hehe, call anyone else Bithces, but we will see how much more that helps you fill the gas tank and get a job, since obviosuly your Fuhrer cannot do so.
Lord Fetch

Lansing, IL

#797526 Nov 7, 2012
After loss, Romney slammed as ‘weak moderate’ by Tea Party Patriots

weak moderate...TRANSLATION: WE NEED TO BE MORE RADICAL NEXT TIME

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!!!!!!
Lord Fetch

Lansing, IL

#797527 Nov 7, 2012
martinezjosei wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know that it will be illegal, a federal crime, to sell baked goods, to rise fund money, in schools, because of sugar and salt contents?
And that is just the beginning!
the funniest part about this is that you really seem to believe it...you tards are a funny bunch
Fox News.

United States

#797528 Nov 7, 2012
VeganTiger wrote:
It is great to see how willing Obama and his minions is to "reach out" in the heat of victory. Do you guys "outreach" consist mainly of threatening to riot, call everybody else a "racist" and then expect everybody else to be your suggar daddies?

Obama-Democrat, Filibuster-vulnerable democrat senate and a RINO congress will at least ensure SOME gridlock. However, the Supreme court is still in liberal hands so most state laws can be declared "uncostitutional" any time by another judge.

Laugh and have fun now losers, hehe. The hangover will be hard, but then again, if you drink all the time, you should not notice it in any case ;)

One of the few things Romney said that made sense was that he did not see a point in trying to make 47% vote for him. So true. A coalition of lazy bums, crony corporatists, trial lawyers and abortion fanatics is enough to push the total above 50%.

Agree with most of the others here. The Republican party is pretty much dead now. All they can do is to hold on to congress as long as possible, but after that, it's all over.

Thanks to the Republicans for treating the only sane candidate in their primary like a pariah. I gave the thanks to Gary :)
You seem conflicted.
Turn on your local fox station and they will reprogram you.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#797529 Nov 7, 2012
Barack Obama Reelection Signals Rise Of New America

""President Barack Obama did not just win reelection tonight. His victory signaled the irreversible triumph of a new, 21st-century America: multiracial, multi-ethnic, global in outlook and moving beyond centuries of racial, sexual, marital and religious tradition.

Obama, the mixed-race son of Hawaii by way of Kansas, Indonesia, Los Angeles, New York and Chicago, won reelection in good part because he not only embodied but spoke to that New America, as did the Democratic Party he leads. His victorious coalition spoke for and about him: a good share of the white vote (about 45 percent in Ohio, for example); 70 percent or so of the Latino vote across the country, according to experts; 96 percent of the African-American vote; and large proportions of Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders.

The Republican Party, by contrast, has been reduced to a rump parliament of Caucasian traditionalism: white, married, church-going -- to oversimplify only slightly. "It's a catastrophe," said GOP strategist Steve Schmidt. "This is, this will have to be, the last time that the Republican Party tries to win this way."

The GOP chose as its standard-bearer Mitt Romney, whose own Mormon Church until recent decades discriminated officially against blacks. His campaign made little serious effort to reach out to Hispanics voters, and Romney hurt himself by taking far-right positions on immigration during the GOP primaries. He made no effort whatsoever in the black community.

Obama reached out not only racially and ethnically, but in terms of lifestyle. Analysts made fun of, and Republicans derided, his campaign's focus on discrete demographic and social slices of the electorate, including gays and lesbians. But the message was one about the future, not the American past.""
VeganTiger

Seattle, WA

#797530 Nov 7, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
They won't learn from this lesson.
No matter, just think of the demographics 4 years from now!
What "lesson"? That they don't want to drop more welfare in the lap of illegals, lazy bums and crony corporatists?

I will savor this day and see how long the gloatring will feed yoru stomach and enable you to fill your gas tank without having to refinance your already foreclosed house another time.

Since: Nov 09

Beaver Island, MI

#797531 Nov 7, 2012
RealDave wrote:
The Republicans lost the Presidency because they thought all voters were as stupid as their base. They tried to blame the effects of the recession on Obama & people knew better.
Now its time for the Republicans in the House to decide whether they will try to continue their obstruction & try to hold us back or actually join in our recovery.
Their Obstruction was a miserable failure.
The American people told the Republicans to shove their social engineering up their ass & do something to help us recover from their disaster of the Bush years.
The Republicans need to discard their Grover Norquist pledges & pledge instead to the people of the Untited States of America,
f*ck Grover Norquist. F*ck the Tea Party. It is time to become real patriots & real Americans & do what it takes to get us back to where we were before Bush f*cked this country.
You nailed it here Dave. Too bad the moron right wingers aren't here to read it as they've already headed for their bunkers to hide for four years.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#797532 Nov 7, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
This s why you are stupid & why the Tea Party is not anything but stupid racists.
You had a balanced budget, moron.
You had it until Bush & Paul Ryan & the Republicans voted to take us off that path.
So if you are really about balanced budgets, you would not vote Republican.
Hence, why you and the Tea Party are morons.
I still live by a balanced BUHDUHJET DUH A VEY.

Not my problem you morons vote in the Unqualified and UNexperienced-(let's see--what's the DEBT of the past four years???)
Reap what ya sow dude!

Just don't WHINE about it--mmm k? Thank you.

The TEA PARTY!
God Bless America, our troops, the CONSTITUTION and TERM LIMITS on the office of POTUS! NO place for stinky, nutcase CommieTics !
Fox News.

United States

#797533 Nov 7, 2012
Nightchalker wrote:
<quoted text>I have never seen a more unhappy group of children in my life!!! You win and all you got is hatey-hate-hate so deep in your souls you can not stop for one second to even take a congrats from your opponent!

Well then Fk Yu! and the obamma you rode in on!
That's what we need from our racist minions. More crying.
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#797534 Nov 7, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Mostly, you've seen replies to posters like carol and independentmajority who have been posting the same FOX and Brietbart fed boo-hoo wah-wah for 4 years. Without the incessant spewing of the birthers, tea partiers, fundies and bigots, these threads would have 1/4 the participation they do.
WTF-ever, im talkin bout "nuc op" and dik-smokers like "lord stretch"(his mouth around it) you little beyoches got no clu how the real world works, never even been to other countries so they have NO CLUE! and It really shows!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#797535 Nov 7, 2012
Why the Conservative Media Got It So Wrong

For instance, at the well respected conservative website Hot Air, well over 90% of their respondents to a poll the day before the election believed that Romney would win, most by a large margin. It is not a coincidence that the site provided information and commentary which almost universally both backed up and facilitated that belief.

Related to this is also the commercial aspect of the modern news media. There is absolutely no doubt that partisan outlets (which now describes about 100% of the media) do far better with their audiences when they tell them what they want to hear. I personally got an enormous amount of irrational grief (and actually lost twitter followers!) because I dared to write about how I thought Obama would win, even though my predictions were actually more optimistic than what the left was tending to portend. The fact that I was correct will mean absolutely nothing to my detractors because credibility no longer has any currency in this celebrity driven culture.

This last point is why Dick Morris can add to his extraordinary record of being catastrophically wrong about just about every major prediction he makes without fear (as long as Fox News renews his contract) of being held accountable. Conservatives are not going to be angry at conservative commentators for telling them what they wanted to hear. They will now simply blame the mainstream media, fraud, and the "low info" voters instead. The conservative outlets themselves will now be all too happy to still have Obama around as a cash cow for the next four years.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/john-ziegler/ro...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#797536 Nov 7, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
After loss, Romney slammed as ‘weak moderate’ by Tea Party Patriots
weak moderate...TRANSLATION: WE NEED TO BE MORE RADICAL NEXT TIME
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHA!!!!!!
OMG

Can you imagine the pitchforks?

Might cause a run on molten steel!!!

lol

TEA!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#797537 Nov 7, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget CNN--and quit hatin' on the messengers!
Shame on YOU!
GOD Bless America!!!!!!!!!!
Bring a decent discussion instead of rhetoric, half-truths, innuendos and outright fabrications and I'll give it a try.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#797538 Nov 7, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>as if on cue:
A national tea party organization is slamming Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney for being a “weak, Beltway elite candidate who failed to campaign forcefully on America’s founding principles — and lost.”
Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/11/06/after-loss-...
are we good or what?
That response was predicted 2 weeks ago.

Another prediction they didn't pay attention to.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#797539 Nov 7, 2012
As Dweeb would say;

Repubs took a helluva shellacking yesterday.

POTUS and +3 in the Senate.

Knocked off Walsh and West, almost got Bachmann!!

Tea PArty officially dead!!

Repubs lost - BIG TIME!!
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#797540 Nov 7, 2012
Obama keeps saying that his second term will be better. Do you think he will be able to get gas prices up to $8 during his second term? I'm thinking more like $6.
Lord Fetch

Lansing, IL

#797541 Nov 7, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
How the pollsters won the 2012 US election, mostly
It was a good night for most polling organizations; aggregators got it close to perfect. For the 'unskewed' crowd, not so much
My advice to anyone wanting to dig into the numbers is fairly simple: trust the polls. I learned this lesson in 2004, and I hold onto it now. Most pollsters have degrees in statistics; they've been doing this stuff for a long time. They aren't infallible, but there is a reason why major news organizations hire them. Pollsters for the most part know what they are doing. Chances are that they know more than you do.
Still, there are some pollsters who are going to have to go back to the drawing board after this election. Last week, I wrote about how Public Policy Polling and Rasmussen differed on the winner in Colorado, Florida, New Hampshire, Ohio and Virginia. Rasmussen eventually found a shift in New Hampshire towards the president and a tie in Ohio. In all five cases, it seems that Public Policy Polling (PPP) had the correct winner all along. They continue a fine record of polling, despite a Democratic affiliation.
This marks the second election cycle in a row, however, in which Rasmussen has shown a serious Republican bias. They also were right-leaning in their 2008 state polls. That's a far fall for a pollster who was so accurate in 2004 and 2006.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/...
they were betting heavily on the obviously...VERY obviously flawed gallup poll
Fox News.

United States

#797543 Nov 7, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
Where's Gunner?

Where's Fretard??

Where's DB??

Where's Emaam??

Where's Floriduh??

Carol, Nobraina, and IM are spewing sour grapes, but at least they showed up today.

The rest proved how cowardly they are.

I've been calling them that for a long time, now they've proven me correct!!

I'm lovin' it!!
Stand by till we tell them what to say.
BE WARNED

Petaling Jaya, Malaysia

#797544 Nov 7, 2012
Charisma Magazine
Should a Christian Vote for Barack Obama?
The below article responds to the Rev. Dennis Dillon, publisher of The Christian Times, who recently wrote an article called,“Why Christians Should Vote for Barack Obama.” Mr. Dillon mentioned Bishop Mattera by name, attempting to rebut the Bishop’s piece,“Why Do So Many Believers Shun Biblical Values While Voting?”
Before I respond to Mr. Dillon, let me preface it by saying that I do not like using a pen to debate someone who calls himself a brother. I would rather be face-to-face. Despite our disagreements, I trust that he is an honorable man who sincerely believes that he best represents Christ. But because the article he published singling me out and encouraging Christians to vote for Barack Obama was both theologically ignorant and politically naive, I must respond.
Biblical Values?
First, Dillon gets into a word game over “biblical values” versus “Christ’s righteousness,” as though there’s incongruity with the two. He puts me in the former category; him the latter. Of course, the righteousness extended through faith in Christ is a component of “biblical values,” although, strangely, Dillon’s point is to lump those who believe in “biblical values” with the Pharisees demanding that Jesus condemn the woman caught in adultery. He coupled this bizarre analogy by applying Greek definitions to the modern-day words liberal and conservative, with the ultimate point being, if you can believe it, that it was the “conservative” Pharisees who wanted the woman stoned, but Jesus, the liberal lion, extended her grace.
Like I said, the analogy was weird.
In any event, it’s poor scholarship to prove a point using the original Greek meaning of a word while isolating that very same word from context in which it was used. In this case, the word liberal understood today does not even remotely refer to the liberty we have in Christ (John 8:31-36) because the liberty we have in Christ is never disconnected from virtue; it means having the freedom not to sin.
The contemporary use of the word liberal, however, refers to people who identify as pro-abortion, are proponents of same-sex marriage, wish to purge religion from the public square, favor an activist role for the federal government and demand high taxation.
Meanwhile, to suggest, as Dillon did, that the word conservative is code today for protecting the racist and ungodly status quo that Jesus confronted is beyond preposterous. As any Political Science 101 student grasps, I used conservative to describe a political philosophy that respects the involvement of Judeo-Christian values in our culture, a position that should be non-controversial for any Bible-believing Christian.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 57 min the wandering girl 4,681
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr andet1987 4,662
Ping G20 Irons Compared With Cheap G15 Irons (May '12) 2 hr lucy 2
chief keef 2 hr sd 1
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr voice of peace 68,393
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL 69,030
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Louis Slungpoo 46,358
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 6 hr LRS 177,461
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••