Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Read more
carol

Orlando, FL

#797652 Nov 7, 2012
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Listen up you dumbass. This is about the third time you have posted about the Rich leaving. Why would they leave?????? In the past 20 years the middle class incomes have gained 18%. The top has gained 387%. They are fine you POS. The top pays the LOWEST tax rates in US history. Didn't you Repub losers learn anything from last night????? Your lies DO NOT win elections.
Just you wait, my pretty, just you wait...
hush puppy

De Forest, WI

#797653 Nov 7, 2012

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#797654 Nov 7, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Stop it. You make no sense, just call your self the lorac already and get over it.
That post made perfect sense. Btw, hows the stock market today?
Jane Says

New York, NY

#797655 Nov 7, 2012
Bill Clinton carried Obama down the field. how sad that so many were influenced to vote style over subtance, by a serial liar. and so many--whether from gulping the liberal Kool-Aid, approving his class war rhetoric, or being more interested in Honey-Boo-Boo than the well-being of their country-- ignored Obama's abysmal record, his continuous "it was Bush's fault" blame game and in spite of benghazi and just because he appeared looking presidential for a 5 minute photo op after the hurricane, they voted for him.

so now, without his non-stop campaigning, maybe Obama will actually DO the job he was supposed to do four years ago. i.e. instead of merely spending our money with an open check book, meet with the economic commission that he himself set up in order to create REAL jobs; or actually attend security briefings and hopefully not be "flexible" with Russia where he is decimating our military for empty promises.

but my guess is Obama will no longer pretend to be anything but far left and will use the next four years to weaken the military and probably push amnesty for illegals through. and I can picture Michelle already packing away for her next fabulous vacation since she had to forego one just for this one summer.

it will be interesting to note the reaction if without doctoring the unemployment numbers, they keep going up as predicted and without controlling the stock market, it slides back, while family expenses continue to rise and income continues to fall. and then the full negative consequences of ObamaCare will hit—too late.

so we--meaning my family--will now make choices for the future based on our current Cadillac health plan being forcibly ditched for a very mediocre plan and like friends in Scotland--having enough cash to pay for quality care when we don't want to wait months and sometimes years for treatments Americans now take for granted as routine.

i also won't waste any more time preaching to or trying to educate the tone-deaf choir here. LOL--like the looney lefties will anyway now go back to volunteering their time for the greater good—maybe even Lily should get a nobel peace prize. the dumbing down of America is no more obvious than here.

i hope Obama gets taxes raised on the wealthy, including the Hollywierd hypocrites like SJP--and still sees revenues fall. as a citizen with wealth considered to be in upper middle income bracket, I can't just leave the country as many uber rich will do (like Denise Rich). but we WILL be looking to reduce investments, assets, etc--in other words, we will join "the takers," whenever and wherever possible. This will be the new normal, mediocre input with government guaranteed outcome.

if you thought Velma Hart was exhausted defending Obama in 2010, you're all about to become comatose.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-505123_162-575460...
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#797656 Nov 7, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>no, you're team is not full of hate:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
shall i continue?
And please tell me which statements are incorrect? None of them are incorrect. The ghetto rats and freeloaders basically sold out their country for a free cellphone.
krissy

Tacoma, WA

#797657 Nov 7, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
YOu see some of the LSM media "pollage" last night--
They can think of more ways to micropoll any and everything lol.
Let's see, I turk a poll yestaday--7 outer 9 people I purled voted fer romney. Five were womens, tree was worms, one no votey, age in wisdom why bother, the electoral process is flawed anyway. Two was ovuh duh age a fitty five. Tree was unduh the age of turty. Duh rest were buhtweenz tirty-one an fitty five. One were Buddist. One were Katherlic. One were evangelical and bless it's heart-still thinks straight ticket is it lol. Duh rest, just Mericans with SOME faith and hope for BETTER days ahead. So let's see, whats dem pollage percentages again?
lol.
No' mo' phat crayon Hot Air nuffin but ca mplaigning IGMORANCe fer Tree more years at least! YEEHAW!
America needs campaign reform!!
NO campaigning for 60 days prior to election day!
SAVE AMERICA BILLIONS of dolluhs in WASTE and Billions of minutes in time wasted!!
The TEA PARTY!
Because We ARE AMERICA!
In English please? Unless this is the best you can do, and if that's the case you have my sympathy.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#797658 Nov 7, 2012
flack wrote:
Market down 300.
Rightwingers cheer! It's got to do with the German economy weakening as they have been propping up the rest of the EU. Nothing to do with Obama being re-elected. Go mow your lawn.
the law

United States

#797659 Nov 7, 2012
Yay!
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#797660 Nov 7, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney’s claim that Obama has raised taxes on ‘millions of Americans’
The Romney campaign is straining to suggest Obama has imposed taxes on “millions of Americans” without considering the impact of all of the tax cuts that Obama has signed into law. The health-care law will one day impose taxes, largely on wealthier Americans, but those taxes have not taken effect.
In the end, the Romney campaign can’t just look at one side of the ledger. If you are going to talk about tax increases in this presidency, you also have to acknowledge Obama’s tax cuts.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-chec...
Payroll taxes are going to skyrocket Jan.1.
krissy

Tacoma, WA

#797661 Nov 7, 2012
Homer wrote:
It's a good day.
It is. The trees are just the right height today lol.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#797662 Nov 7, 2012
Homer wrote:
Where's Fred? Jane Says? DBWriter? Gunner? Eman? Peppy? Florida? Flack?
Come out come out where ever you are.
So homer, are you also glad we had that storm last week?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#797663 Nov 7, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
You realize i'm on the west coast? These funny things called time zones??
California passed a retroactive tax increase. You liberals are nuts.
How much debt can the u.s. handle? I guess we're gonna find out.
Calm down. Homer just voicing his concern. Glad to see you're ok boobie.
carol

Orlando, FL

#797664 Nov 7, 2012
Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>50% to 48% is no landslide.
What we passed up yesterday became very evident in Romney's concession speech.

Not only did he continue to stay upbeat and positive but conservatives in the audience clapped when he said he would continue to pray for the president, his wife and two lovely daughters.

That's what we passed up.

Liberals would have been burning something to the ground.

“Waytogo”

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

#797665 Nov 7, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Just you wait, my pretty, just you wait...
This Leona Helmsly????? You rich have made trillions your incomes are way way way way way up. Your taxes are lowest sine the 1800,s...

WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT??????????
GhostofRaygun

Russellville, KY

#797666 Nov 7, 2012
cant believe this thread wrote:
Really people? this thread is talking about color and removing flags. Sad state of affairs. President Obama was voted in by your fellow Americans. If you want to take your flag down , go to the airport and get your ass out of this country. We have men serving this country , away from loved ones and you bunch of idiots are talking about skin color and removing flags. Disgraceful...
They just cannot see their hate is what lost this election for them and many more to come.
IRS

Chicago, IL

#797667 Nov 7, 2012
Time to purchase your health care, times a runnin out.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#797668 Nov 7, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You helped reelect a president who has no reservations about killing a baby coming out of the birth canal with a pair of scissors stuck in the back of its neck.
Unless, of course, you, too, have no reservations. If so, you and this president are guilty of holding the scissors.
How do you know he has no reservations? Romney would have changed nothing with regards to abortion laws. Where you going with this? I told you this was over months ago, you had plenty of time to prepare so quit crying.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#797669 Nov 7, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You should probably be asking yourself that question. You will need every penny you can find anywhere you can find it. Because if that happens, you will be the next one in line being taxed to kingdom come.
Somebody's gotta pay for 30 million more people's medical care.
Maybe you should carry a sign - "Will lick for food."
30 million? Don't forget the added folks once amnesty is implemented. The cbo's abacus is going to explode.
God

Chicago, IL

#797670 Nov 7, 2012
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
So homer, are you also glad we had that storm last week?
it was my will!
god loves liberals.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#797672 Nov 7, 2012
Jane Says wrote:
<quoted text>this wasn't a blog, it was written by two liberal NY Times reporters.
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/29/books/revie...
The authors, Gretchen Morgenson, a Pulitzer Prize-winning business reporter and columnist at The New York Times, and Joshua Rosner, an expert on housing finance, deftly trace the beginnings of the collapse to the mid-1990s, when the Clinton administration called for a partnership between the private sector and Fannie and Freddie to encourage home buying.
The mortgage agencies’ government backing was, in effect, a valuable subsidy, which was used by Fannie’s C.E.O., James A. Johnson, to increase home ownership while enriching himself and other executives. A 1996 study by the Congressional Budget Office found that Fannie pocketed about a third of the subsidy rather than passing it on to homeowners. Over his nine years heading Fannie, Johnson personally took home roughly $100 million. His successor, Franklin D. Raines, was treated no less lavishly.
To entrench Fannie’s privileged position, Morgenson and Rosner write, Johnson and Raines channeled some of the profits to members of Congress — contributing to campaigns and handing out patronage positions to relatives and former staff members. Fannie paid academics to do research showing the benefits of its activities and playing down the risks, and shrewdly organized bankers, real estate brokers and housing advocacy groups to lobby on its behalf. Essentially, taxpayers were unknowingly handing Fannie billions of dollars a year to finance a campaign of self-promotion and self-­protection. Morgenson and Rosner offer telling details, as when they describe how Lawrence Summers, then a deputy Treasury secretary, buried a department report recommending that Fannie and Freddie be privatized...
I didn't say there weren't abuses of Freddie and Fannie, I said that they were not the CAUSE of the meltdown. Keep digging - you'll get there. Look at how CRA qualification was used by banking corporations after the passage of the G-L-B Act allowed them to bundle services.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Jacques in Orleans 186,020
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr truth-facts 52,445
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 2 hr Red_Forman 828
Word (Dec '08) 2 hr Red_Forman 5,163
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Red_Forman 5,833
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr RACE 99,315
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Real Talk 51,898
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]