Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
738,161 - 738,180 of 1,079,046 Comments Last updated 1 min ago
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Fox Commentator Finally Admits Romney Campaign "Made A Mistake" In Running Misleading Jeep Ad
http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/11/07/fox-...
That may be true but the fact that Cadillacs will be manufactured in China is also true.
Boo Hoo Hoo

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
5 Amazing Fox News Freak Outs: Karl Rove, Megyn Kelly, Bill O’Reilly, and More
Karl Rove doesn’t believe it. Megyn Kelly walks it off. Bill O’Reilly plays the race card. Watch five incredible moments from Fox News’ funeral for the presidency.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11...
Fox News channel is nothing but fluff and crap,but thanks for sharing..
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

It’s Over; The Republican Party Hasn’t Recovered From Bush

As I write, Barack Obama has been declared the winner of the 2012 election. He will compile an impressive victory in the Electoral College. By my projections at least a 313-213 victory. And it could be larger than that when Florida and Ohio are finally counted. But Romney made a respectable showing in the popular vote, one that would have been surprising before the first debate made a Republican comeback victory seem temporarily possible.

We’ve already gone over the reasons Romney lost. The Republican coalition is shriveling, the Democrats are growing. Romney was an unliked nominee who failed to compete for the very voters that powered Republicans to re-take the House in 2010. I think he is an admirable guy in some ways, but harnessing the passions of the GOP and riding them into the White House was a task beyond the abilities of the hyper-competent, hard-working moderate.

It’s a bad night for social conservatives, in fact it is almost a complete reversal of 2004. Same sex marriage won on the ballot in Maryland and Maine. Obama did not really propose anything new on the economy or foreign policy fronts, but he did make contraception, rape, and Roe v. Wade a large part of this campaign. He constantly portrayed Romney as a man with “the social policies of the 1950s.” Apparently this worked. If there is one thought that comforts me (and perhaps some readers), it is that the chances of courts striking down the “contraceptive mandate” that impinges on religious freedom seem very good. However, Obama’s second term will mean that a future American judiciary may be more open to that sort of thing.

Because changing demographics are such a huge part of Obama’s, it is going to cause Republicans to discuss how they can attract a more diverse pool of voters. Inevitably this will focus on Hispanics. I expect tonight’s results will be used as an argument for automatically nominating Florida Senator Marco Rubio for 2016.

But in reality the more pressing problem is that Republicans are still a party badly damaged by the George W. Bush years. The GOP has traditionally held huge advantages on foreign policy and the economy. That advantage is gone now. And Mitt Romney was the wrong candidate to give the party a refresh on those issues, particularly when the gettable voters were downscale whites. It isn’t that Republicans aren’t reaching enough voters; voters simply don’t believe the GOP is competent to govern.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/its-ov...
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Obama is a joke wrote:
My daughter decided that if you can't beat them, you join them. She figures that she will just quit looking for a decent job, sign up for welfare tomorrow, and let the government pay her to do nothing for the next 4 years.
That will only be possible if she's the right color.
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
obama won because every dumbass black person who never voted before came out simply because Obama is black. John Kerry ran on the same principles as Obama and Bush won by alot..where were all the blacks then?? Now go get your Obama phone!!
Yeah he took Iowa which is 88.7% white, Wisconsin which is 88.4% white and Minnesota which is 86.9% white. You can crawl under your rock again you racist POS.
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

BlondePrince wrote:
When do the birthers come out again? LOL
The Congress will get its arse to work now.
Congress needs to get to work on impeachment proceedings. America cannot survive four more years of this arrogant, incompetent so-called President.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
No she won't moron, despite Romney's lies on the matter the work requirement for welfare still exists.
You're an idiot!
That may be true, she's not black, hispanic, or illegal.
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>America has suffered greatly during the past 4 years and even more suffering is now in store for her. Don't these Obama supporters realize the damage they have done? Anybody who supported Obama during this election has essentially committed treason against their country.
Sure dumbass, GDP was underwater when he took office and has showed slow but steady gains, the Dow has doubled and we've had consistent private sector job growth. Go back to your alternate universe.
We won and you're an idiot!
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Boo Hoo Hoo wrote:
<quoted text>Fox News channel is nothing but fluff and crap,but thanks for sharing..
Fox news needs to get rid of Shawn Hannity. Besides being an annoying sonofabitch, nearly everybody he supports ends up losing. He's been on a losing streak since Nancy Pelosi became Speaker of the House.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Boo Hoo Hoo wrote:
<quoted text>Good luck it takes alot for trash to even think they can qualify. Maybe you are prime........To bad you have no incentive to try,.........You must be a great parent to teach your daughter with such great value's,LOL!!!!
Lot's of trash voted for Obama.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Boo Hoo Hoo wrote:
<quoted text>You tell me,I'm would love to hear your reply........
Silly me, look at all the idiots that voted for Obama. Yea, ther's enough stupid people who will vote for Hilary.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>That will only be possible if she's the right color.
You are right. Sigh.....
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Congress needs to get to work on impeachment proceedings. America cannot survive four more years of this arrogant, incompetent so-called President.
But then Biden takes over......
kline

Boise, ID

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Eat it repubs!!!!
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Impeached for accessory to murder for the scores of deaths caused by his "Fast and Furious" debacle.
Impeached for dereliction of duty for ignoring the Embassy victims pleas for help and telling available military personnel to "stand down" while he planned his trip to Vegas.
Impeached for contributory negligence for allowing 120 people to perish in Hurricane Sandy due to his incompetence and arrogance during this national disaster, i.e., putting politics ahead of public safety. Impeachment proceedings should begin as soon as possible and Obama should be put on trial for the felonious crimes against his citizens and the treasonous crimes against his country. I suggest all patriotic Americans contact their representatives and urge them to get this impeachment ball rolling.
"Fast and Furious" was a continuation of "Operation Wide Reciever" and was run out of the SanDiego field office without the authorization of either the Attorney General , who shut it down, or the administration. The fault lies with the Bush administration who let the assault weapons ban lapse, the NRA who fights every effort to ban such weapons and Republican states like Arizona whose lax gun laws allow bulk purchases of the weapons.
You can keep harping on your Benghazi fantasy but the fact is that reinforcements were sent within 25 minutes and no military units were told to stand down. You're a goddamned liar.
Hurricane Sandy was a natural disaster and no president could have prevented those deaths. By the way nitwit polling shows that the President got a 78% approval rating on his handling of Sandy's aftermath.
You're an idiot!
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

The hurricane death toll has reached 120. The homeless, starving people in the northeast are now facing snow and freezing temperatures.
WHERE THE HELL IS OBAMA?!?
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Shamika wrote:
<quoted text>i jus found out i done got pregent agin an gone to have another baby an if hes a boy i gone name him obama an if hes a gil i gon name her mishell on acount becase presdet obama he be the gretest presidet what we don ever had an mishell she the gretest fist lady what we done ever had to
Another racist POS thinking they're fooling anyone.
Crawl back in your hole moron.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fast and Furious" was a continuation of "Operation Wide Reciever" and was run out of the SanDiego field office without the authorization of either the Attorney General , who shut it down, or the administration. The fault lies with the Bush administration who let the assault weapons ban lapse, the NRA who fights every effort to ban such weapons and Republican states like Arizona whose lax gun laws allow bulk purchases of the weapons.
You can keep harping on your Benghazi fantasy but the fact is that reinforcements were sent within 25 minutes and no military units were told to stand down. You're a goddamned liar.
Hurricane Sandy was a natural disaster and no president could have prevented those deaths. By the way nitwit polling shows that the President got a 78% approval rating on his handling of Sandy's aftermath.
You're an idiot!
Why was it blamed on a video?
PDUPONT

South Hadley, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>he won the popular vote too, soooooo....
Yeah and Bush lost it in 2000. These right wingers are incredible hypocrites.

Since: Jan 10

Las Vegas, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2012

Judged:

Oh come on folks, obama won fair and square. No excuses, he won. Let the libs spike the ball and enjoy the moment.

Fish to fry by 1 Jan:

- Fiscal cliff
- Sequestration
- Tax cuts expire
- Debt ceiling debate (again)
- Libya hearings

Then the real fun starts.

Enjoy the honeymoon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Abby 7-24 2 min RACE 3
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min truth 48,867
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 min voice of peace 67,899
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 32 min KrisChristie 1,856
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 51 min Frijoles 68,368
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,516
Amy 7-24 1 hr edogxxx 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr wojar 174,513
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 24 at 3:20AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••