Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#797498 Nov 7, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>repubs have not learned anything from this, they'll just say the approach would have worked but romney was the problem...we needs to be even more radical next time...when all is said and done, they're still the same tards
They won't learn from this lesson.

No matter, just think of the demographics 4 years from now!
Fox News.

United States

#797499 Nov 7, 2012
Mi_nina wrote:
<quoted text>that is not a given,....this will be a lame duck presidency.
Good idea.
As if the country doesn't know you obstructionists fkd our country.

Now 2014 we take back the house.
Get rid of all tea baggers.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#797500 Nov 7, 2012
brown eyes wrote:
Stay out of Virginia Tea Baggers. President Obama visit and visit often. Virginia is for lovers not haters.
Awwwww :-)....that's where my husband and I got married at, mannnnnyyyy years ago, bless our hearts lol !!!
Lord Fetch

Lansing, IL

#797501 Nov 7, 2012
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>That only happens when Demorats lose, get it right.
i beg to differ ma'am:

Virginia man kills family and himself over fear Obama would be re-elected

suck it slower...

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#797502 Nov 7, 2012
[QUOTE who="Fox News. "]<quoted text>
Don't give up.
With our networks help we will try and impeach Obama.[/QUOTE]Impeachment won't move his sorry ass out of the White House, just remember "Slick Willie" and the 'Hil-Bily? We need Impeachment with a Conviction for "High Crimes and Misdemeanors". "Slick" is still receiving his pension.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#797503 Nov 7, 2012
carol wrote:
We have a president who ran a small and negative campaign with no record to run on, no plan for the next four years but big on lies and smearing his opponent.
We have a president who does not reach across the aisle, characterizes half the nation as being un-American, encourages his base to vote out of revenge and hides from the press.
We have a president who believes he can spend our way out of an already insurmountable debt, who wants as many people dependent on taxpayers as possible and taking even more of our money come January 1.
We have a president who promised to be more flexible with Russia, who doesn't call radical Islam terrorists and who sees Europe's crumbling social democracy system as the model for this nation.
We have a president who will continue to conquer and divide, who warms up to celebrities and elitists but thinks job makers are the real problem.
The easily fooled and haters voted this president back into office. Because of them, we have turned the corner and are on a path from which we may never recover.
Because of them, we will have four more years of high unemployment, gridlock and, eventually, a third world health system.
Because of them, more manufacturers will leave this country, more hardworking people will lose their incentive to try and do better and more job opportunities will become a thing of the past.
Because of them, I don't recognize my country any longer.
For now, the rest of us can only go on with our lives, hope for the best, expect the worst and try to survive another four years.
I truly believe God has washed his hands of us. Many who reelected this president voted Him out of their party.
We have lost our bearings and, therefore, we cannot expect to be blessed.
So basically I'm done. I'm taking my purse and going home.
But we will reap what we have sown. That's the law of nature mandated by God.
Perhaps it has already begun. We will know soon enough. I hope those on the left will not live to regret what they have done because what they have done will affect us all.
Later.
Lyndi, is that you??????
VeganTiger

Seattle, WA

#797504 Nov 7, 2012
It is great to see how willing Obama and his minions is to "reach out" in the heat of victory. Do you guys "outreach" consist mainly of threatening to riot, call everybody else a "racist" and then expect everybody else to be your suggar daddies?

Obama-Democrat, Filibuster-vulnerable democrat senate and a RINO congress will at least ensure SOME gridlock. However, the Supreme court is still in liberal hands so most state laws can be declared "uncostitutional" any time by another judge.

Laugh and have fun now losers, hehe. The hangover will be hard, but then again, if you drink all the time, you should not notice it in any case ;)

One of the few things Romney said that made sense was that he did not see a point in trying to make 47% vote for him. So true. A coalition of lazy bums, crony corporatists, trial lawyers and abortion fanatics is enough to push the total above 50%.

Agree with most of the others here. The Republican party is pretty much dead now. All they can do is to hold on to congress as long as possible, but after that, it's all over.

Thanks to the Republicans for treating the only sane candidate in their primary like a pariah. I gave the thanks to Gary :)

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#797505 Nov 7, 2012
Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
Excerpt from Obama's acceptance speech: "Let me say this publicly, Michelle. I have never loved you more. I have never been prouder to watch the rest of America fall in love with you, too, as our nation’s first lady."

Who is he kidding? Besides Jane Fonda and Hillary Clinton, Moochelle Obama is probably the most hated woman in America.
Wait until she gets into your kitchen and your kids kitchen, just wait!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#797506 Nov 7, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Central Florida left it's blue mark__Orange and Osceola Counties solidly Obama, Young voters galore in the lines some waiting four hours and more to cast their first votes. Good news is that Grayson is on his way back to Washington with the promise of getting involved in healthcare and veterans rights. Nelson whooped Connie Mack and will return for a third term to the US Senate.
Lake County, home of Thee Villages went big time for Mitt, fkn dummies voted against themselves as usual.
In Sofla, Colonel West was kicked to the curb__good riddance. And finally Florida's (R) speaker of the house is currently coming up short in a recount__this is the mutt that replaced Rubio in that role and may get the broom LMAO.
I especially like that the TP lost their nastiest and most divisive voices when Joe Walsh and Allen West went down.

Kind of reaffirmed my faith in America. Might say it's the first time I've been proud of America!!

We can put a stake in the heart of the Teabaggers. They officially died on Nov. 6, 2012.

ROFLMAO!!
Lord Fetch

Lansing, IL

#797507 Nov 7, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Mostly, you've seen replies to posters like carol and independentmajority who have been posting the same FOX and Brietbart fed boo-hoo wah-wah for 4 years. Without the incessant spewing of the birthers, tea partiers, fundies and bigots, these threads would have 1/4 the participation they do.
i do believe they are begging for mercy...nope
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#797508 Nov 7, 2012
How the pollsters won the 2012 US election, mostly

It was a good night for most polling organizations; aggregators got it close to perfect. For the 'unskewed' crowd, not so much

My advice to anyone wanting to dig into the numbers is fairly simple: trust the polls. I learned this lesson in 2004, and I hold onto it now. Most pollsters have degrees in statistics; they've been doing this stuff for a long time. They aren't infallible, but there is a reason why major news organizations hire them. Pollsters for the most part know what they are doing. Chances are that they know more than you do.

Still, there are some pollsters who are going to have to go back to the drawing board after this election. Last week, I wrote about how Public Policy Polling and Rasmussen differed on the winner in Colorado, Florida, New Hampshire, Ohio and Virginia. Rasmussen eventually found a shift in New Hampshire towards the president and a tie in Ohio. In all five cases, it seems that Public Policy Polling (PPP) had the correct winner all along. They continue a fine record of polling, despite a Democratic affiliation.

This marks the second election cycle in a row, however, in which Rasmussen has shown a serious Republican bias. They also were right-leaning in their 2008 state polls. That's a far fall for a pollster who was so accurate in 2004 and 2006.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/...
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

#797509 Nov 7, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Mostly, you've seen replies to posters like carol and independentmajority who have been posting the same FOX and Brietbart fed boo-hoo wah-wah for 4 years. Without the incessant spewing of the birthers, tea partiers, fundies and bigots, these threads would have 1/4 the participation they do.
Don't forget CNN--and quit hatin' on the messengers!

Shame on YOU!

GOD Bless America!!!!!!!!!!
Cry baby cry lmao

Hoffman Estates, IL

#797510 Nov 7, 2012
You can whine, cry, talk shi, name call and guess what??? OBAMA IS STILL IN OFFICE!!!!!! There is nothing you can do about it :) haha
When women, gays,blacks,Latinos and college students stick together we win and you racist don't stand a chance DEAL WITH IT B@&ches lmao

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#797511 Nov 7, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Hiya DUH A VEY Putzh,
Did you take your hate the TEA Party pill this morning? Watch that stuff, I hear it eats the bearer of alive lol.
Do ya need some volunteer work to do? Send me your resume lol.
PS: Bush hasn't been POTUS in quite some time now--you whiners have had four years...these past four years are ALL Obotic years. STFU whining about ignorant and DUHMAZZ shyt--that's thirty years behind the times-- for the next four and something actually worth while might get done.
CAP, CURB, B-U-D-G-E-T, balance, grow the flock up and learn to live WithIn thy means! REALITY demands it!
The T)axed) E(nough) A(lready drained dry Party!!
DON'T Tread on US!
HERE TO STAY!!
This s why you are stupid & why the Tea Party is not anything but stupid racists.

You had a balanced budget, moron.

You had it until Bush & Paul Ryan & the Republicans voted to take us off that path.

So if you are really about balanced budgets, you would not vote Republican.

Hence, why you and the Tea Party are morons.

Since: Nov 11

Westerville, OH

#797512 Nov 7, 2012
Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
Excerpt from Obama's acceptance speech: "Let me say this publicly, Michelle. I have never loved you more. I have never been prouder to watch the rest of America fall in love with you, too, as our nation’s first lady."

Who is he kidding? Besides Jane Fonda and Hillary Clinton, Moochelle Obama is probably the most hated woman in America.
Do you know that it will be illegal, a federal crime, to sell baked goods, to rise fund money, in schools, because of sugar and salt contents?

And that is just the beginning!

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#797513 Nov 7, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
Eh, that's according to how detailed you want to go when forming opinion.
Over all picture, it's 2012, and SUPERPACS have made the scene. What's fair is fair, gotta go with the current. Beats being perpetually stuck in the dark ages of pitch fork and torch carrying of the mobs ignorance of hedonists, anarchists and morons just strong arming a couple of honest working people on the other.
But thank you, you'll just have over look the intelligence LOL.
TEA! GOD Bless America!
Yep, the superPACs made the scene again, but it isn't "what's fair is fair", it's "what's unfair was countered with unfair". We weren't in the dark ages before the Supreme Court ruling created a hideous mockery of honest campaign finance, but there's no guarantee we can't return to workhouses and poor farms.

“Is that all?”

Since: Apr 08

Eritrea

#797514 Nov 7, 2012
Mi_nina wrote:
Obama needs to try to heal the divide in this nation,...IF he really cares about it.
The Republican party and their cadre of old angry White men are finished! Now people of color will feel more empowered all around the world. Whites everwhere are going to soon find themselves on the defensive. Just you wait and see what comes next!
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#797515 Nov 7, 2012
Karl Rove wrote:
<quoted text>
Thatta girl cry it out.
Fling your feces.
I have never seen a more unhappy group of children in my life!!! You win and all you got is hatey-hate-hate so deep in your souls you can not stop for one second to even take a congrats from your opponent!

Well then Fk Yu! and the obamma you rode in on!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#797516 Nov 7, 2012
A proposed change to Minnesota's constitution that would have required photo identification in order to vote was rejected at the ballot Tuesday.

The amendment finished with the support of 46 percent of Minnesota voters. Fifty-two percent voted against the measure.

The defeat of the amendment, which was passed by the state's Republican-controlled legislature in 2011, defies much of the pre-Election Day polling that indicated it was a favorite to pass.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/v...
VeganTiger

Seattle, WA

#797517 Nov 7, 2012
Mi_nina wrote:
Obama needs to try to heal the divide in this nation,...IF he really cares about it.
Come on, why would he do such a thing? DO you think the people on this site the last hours are interested in any "healing"? I bet you most of these people here would burn any "teabagger" alive after ripping their entire skin off first if they could.

When the party is about to end and some takers are going to demand more goodies, but when the dollar drops furthermore and the plastic bag full of dollars get stolen and the money left, you guys can keep on calling everybody else ridiculous names while threatening violence and spitting everybody else in the face, we will see.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 27 min Homo Erectus 49,367
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min Jacques Ottawa 182,194
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 48 min scirocco 68,914
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMare 51,305
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 hr JOEL 71,272
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 hr L Morales 411
Holiday Greetings 7 hr Ebeneizer Scrooge 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:03 am PST

NBC Sports 6:03AM
Jim Caldwell: No concerns about starting a rookie center
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
What Are Experts Saying About Vikings?
NBC Sports11:28 AM
Bears extend Roberto Garza through 2015
NBC Sports 7:32 AM
Full-blown Bears house-cleaning could be coming
Bleacher Report 6:10 PM
Could Cutler, Shanahan Reunion Work for Jets?