Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 36,868)

Showing posts 737,341 - 737,360 of1,073,088
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Meth Heads for Romney - http://preaprez.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/m...
Gunner

Middletown, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Got news for you Carol, if the dark forces come into play and by the same crap that got Bush elected over Gore. Then I can tell you now, whether Mitt is a man of peace or not will make no difference. The back room Republicans will have you in another war in no time at all. Mitt will not be running the government it will be all those unseen faces none of whom you elected. Had Gore been rightfully elected in Bush's first term in office there would have been no war in the middle east and with the money saved Big Al might have put solar panels on every American house and then still have money left over.
Scare tactics.

Your last sentence is pure delusion. If solar was so cheap, efficient, and all around wonderful, entrepreneurs would have capitalized on it by now. Pffffft
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

RIP middle class, we hardly knew ye
fred

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You people need to quit relying so much on the government. Go and create jobs with all the tax cuts, tax rebates and incentives Obama has given to small businesses these last few years. Do it now! Oh, and quit whining.
The Kenyan's communist coup WAS an abject failure. Whatever the Kenyan did failed.

President Romney will unleash free market capitalism to restore America to strength and prosperity
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
An INCREASE of 4% of the GDP toward the military budget? No, Romney doesn't make a whole lot of sense - and you should have been freaking out when he proposed it.
2 trillion dollars. We can't afford it!

As a fiscal conservative I approve this message.
fred

Milford, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Go pass a bowling ball out your bbbuttttt!
DEMOCRATS:
Gave us Medicare! Republicans voted no.
Gave us Social Security! Republicans voted no.
Gave us FDIC! Republicans voted no.
Geeeeeeeeeeee
Looks like the Democrats look out for working folks!
Help the aged and the poor!
And the working mans bank account.
Republicans? Really care about the richest on earth and their tax rate!
DEMOCRATS WIN AGAIN!!!! TODAY.
(the rich are just fine, they need no help, nothing!)
The communist Democrats buy votes. Republicans say that big government will bankrupt America and undermine the economy. It has.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

TSM wrote:
When polling results starts coming in tonight Liberals/Democrats need to Remove All Sharp objects those in High Places get to Ground Level and hope others have set up Support Groups!! Romney/Ryan
Historically, conservatives can handle bad news with a lot more maturity.

It's sore losers who can never accept losing gracefully that I'm concerned about. Temper tantrums are now part of the equation.

I've already made peace with the fact I could be sorely disappointed.

Then again, I'm a clear-thinking conservative and not a brat who throws a temper tantrum if I don't get my way.

That's for children and those with childish mentalities. Most liberals, I mean.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Got news for you Carol, if the dark forces come into play and by the same crap that got Bush elected over Gore. Then I can tell you now, whether Mitt is a man of peace or not will make no difference. The back room Republicans will have you in another war in no time at all. Mitt will not be running the government it will be all those unseen faces none of whom you elected. Had Gore been rightfully elected in Bush's first term in office there would have been no war in the middle east and with the money saved Big Al might have put solar panels on every American house and then still have money left over.
If Romney wins we are def in Iran by 2014, sooner if the economy keeps plodding along.

The other thing I cannot wait to see is all these rightwingers defending a stimulis in 2013, cause that is definitely coming too.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
Don't start digging another hole just yet.

We might get out of the one we're already in.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Why...you couldn't even answer this one at a time, obviously by your response to my points.
What's the BFD about showing an ID to vote? Pray tell.
Former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean joined MSNBC’s Morning Joe where he revealed that he is hearing multiple accounts of illegal voter harassment in key battleground states like Ohio and Pennsylvania. When asked if he thought that the only way President Barack Obama could lose Ohio is by voter intimidation, Dean emphatically replied that he did.

“In Pennsylvania, people are standing outside the polls asking for their I.D.s,” Dean said.“A federal judge has enjoined them from doing that, but that’s what’s happening.”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/howard-dean-only-w...

So what's the BFD when you don't have to show one?

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
To the poster, Romney-Ryan 2012, I wasn't trying to correct you about most of the 47% being victims.
Too many have grown accustomed to dependency and government victimization. Which is what I believe you were saying and, of course, that's the problem.
"...and speak with the tongues of angels and have not charity, I am nothing" Here’s what we have:

— 53.6 percent of households pay the federal income tax. Presumably Romney is okay with these folks.

— 28.3 percent of households pay no federal income tax, but they do pay the payroll taxes for Social Security and Medicare. That means they don’t need Mitt Romney to convince them to “take personal responsibility and care for their lives.” They already have jobs.

Most of the households in this group don’t pay any federal income tax because they qualify for enough deductions that their income tax liability has shrunk to zero. See this Tax Policy Center report for more, which gives an example of “a couple with two children earning less than $26,400. They get an $11,600 standard deduction and four exemptions of $3,700, and that takes their liability to zero.” Indeed, it’s worth noting that many of these deductions and credits were part of the 2001 and 2003 Bush tax cuts, which Romney wants to extend.

— 10.3 percent of households pay no federal income tax because they’re retired and elderly. Many retirees aren’t taxed on their Social Security benefits, which they earned by paying into the system over many years. If Mitt Romney secretly thinks that these households are all irresponsible freeloaders, he has a weird way of showing it, as he keeps insisting that he doesn’t want to cut Medicare or Social Security benefits for those over the age of 65.

— That leaves 6.9 percent of households which are non-elderly and have incomes less than $20,000 per year and aren’t paying the payroll tax. These poorer households pay neither income taxes nor payroll taxes. Perhaps Romney thinks that they should all pay more in federal taxes. It’s hard to say. But this is also a much smaller fraction of Americans.

Meanwhile, just as a reminder, the vast majority of Americans still pay state and local taxes — in fact, these taxes tend to be more regressive. When you add up all the different types of taxes, most income groups in the United States tend to pay an amount that’s roughly commensurate with their share of the national income."

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
No, you guys are despicable for bringing him into a political discussion where the incumbant is, um....black. You play that RAAAACIST card too many times. It had NADA to do with this election.
You guys? This WOMAN did NOT bring the death of an innocent teenager into this discussion; I simply commented on a posting by someone else far less intelligent and worldly than myself.

So, reel your sheet, beetch.

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats know that if they don't get out the vote in huge numbers then the Republicans will try to pull a fast one. It has happened twice, and look who we ended up with; Bush for two terms.
And, we the people say Hell No!!
There are never going to be as many people who voted for O'bama in 2008 vote for him this time. I don't know what is wrong with you people-there isn't a sector of the O'bama vote that has went up. On the other hand-there are blacks that arent' voting for him again-or they are just going to stay home. He has lost hugely in the white vote-he has lost in the Jewish vote-the religious right is out voting on the definition of marriage-a lot of them didn't vote last time-not only that but you have Catholics that voted last time for O'bama but feel threatened by his intolerance to their religion-----please tell me Lily, other than the votes the liberals are havesting out of the cemeteries-where has he picked up votes? No Where.
Obama is a joke

Emmaus, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't pay any attention to anything Notreal Dave says. He's just a Jane Fonda worshipping America hating draft-dodger who vilifies other people who actually served their country. He believes people who served honorably in the Navy are "chickensh'ts". He's obviously never met a Navy Seal. His opinions are completely insignificant.
Hmmmm, maybe Obama thinks the same way-maybe that's why he left them to die in Benghazi.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

_Olive_ wrote:
<quoted text>
so true. Hello leosnana, I figured there would be lots of action here today, but there has been for some time now. How have you been?
HELLO Olive! What's happening?
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Superstorm Sandy is having a devastating effect on voting in New Jersey, Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law executive director Barbara Arnwine told reporters at a news conference on Tuesday morning.

Voters were being asked for I.D. even though the state has no law requiring it, voting locations opened late and some locations didn't have ballots, she said. "In a word, there's just one word to describe the experience in New Jersey, and that is catastrophe," Arnwine said.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/w...

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid to look until most of the polls are closed - at least in the swing states.
Even Pennsylvanians are wising up, coal means jobs and Obama is anti coal.
Peppy

Mebane, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
Good afternoon beezlbub, I want you to know I voted for Obama this morning. Although it was a write in vote for our local school board. I figure we should find him a job commensurate with his particular skill set.

How is the blank panther movement coming along in PA?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
Scare tactics.
Your last sentence is pure delusion. If solar was so cheap, efficient, and all around wonderful, entrepreneurs would have capitalized on it by now. Pffffft
The naysayers have said that about just about new technology. Fear of new technology is inherent in the rightwinger DNA.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 6, 2012

Judged:

Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Many electronic machines have been "ng'r-rigged" to cast the vote for Obama now matter which button the voter pushes.
Such trash; you kiss your momma/wife/sister with that mouth?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 737,341 - 737,360 of1,073,088
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

42 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 13 min Patriot AKA Bozo 45,593
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Riigsby5555 48,700
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr voice of peace 67,553
A kid-friendly guide to the Windy City 2 hr Tgloaded 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr LRS 173,768
Abby July 12 2 hr Julie 5
Amy July 12 3 hr Julie 7
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••