Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
737,321 - 737,340 of 1,099,814 Comments Last updated 9 min ago
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#796370 Nov 6, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>The naysayers have said that about just about new technology. Fear of new technology is inherent in the rightwinger DNA.
Hey Homer, you see my new hydrogen powered car? Just finished building it yesterday. You can sit in it, but do not push any buttons.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#796371 Nov 6, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
The lazy golf playing non stop vacationing Kenyan as a work horse? And you say we're bad at analogies? pffft
Projection...mental defect...Findland fluker ...vodka swilling
Fried fred, the Lyin' Loser pretend Connecticut Cowboy's Brokeback Buddy: "President Bush spent 32% of his presidency on vacation.

Bush passed Reagan in total vacation days in 2005 with three and a half years left in his presidency. Reagan spent all or part of 335 days in Santa Barbara over his 8 year presidency. Bush spent 487 days at Camp David during his presidency and 490 days at his Crawford, Texas ranch, a total of 977 days.

When you add the days President Bush spent at Kennebunkport, Maine, he spent a total of 1,020 days away from the White House — close to 3 years. At 1,020 days, Bush was close to being on vacation more days than President John F. Kennedy’s total days in office (1,036). Representatives at the Nixon and Johnson Libraries indicate those two Presidents were on vacation less than 1,000 days during their terms.

President Obama has been on vacation 78 days from 2009 to 2011. At the three year mark into their first terms, George W. Bush spent 180 days at his ranch in Crawford, Texas and Ronald Reagan spent 112 vacation days at his ranch in California. Of course, staff was around all three Presidents on vacations and all White House aides argue that the commander-in-chief is never “out of touch” with work."

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#796372 Nov 6, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, Ab, but Jesus did not say "the devil can quote scripture for his own purpose." That's one of the reasons I can let you "holier than thou" haters get by with your ignorance, you use it against others. Are you planning on joining Romney in that keeping-all-your-goods heaven in Missouri or Golub? LMAWLECAO@U
Gee, it's too bad you can't give yerself an std from all that mental masterbation.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#796373 Nov 6, 2012
sage won wrote:
<quoted text>
Even Pennsylvanians are wising up, coal means jobs and Obama is anti coal.
Yet those rich liberals preaching clean energy travel around in private jets. Not many solar jets around. One can not get much more hypocritical than that.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#796374 Nov 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>

I've already made peace with the fact I could be sorely disappointed.
Carol like Margaret Thatcher said to Reagan “its No Time to Go Wobbly” victory just Hours Away!! The 45th President of the United States….President Romney!!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#796375 Nov 6, 2012
Homer wrote:
LOL! Mom jeans for Mitt!!(ya think Jane is dead?)

http://mittromneyisatool.com/wp-content/uploa...
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#796376 Nov 6, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Superstorm Sandy is having a devastating effect on voting in New Jersey, Lawyers' Committee for Civil Rights Under Law executive director Barbara Arnwine told reporters at a news conference on Tuesday morning.
Voters were being asked for I.D. even though the state has no law requiring it, voting locations opened late and some locations didn't have ballots, she said. "In a word, there's just one word to describe the experience in New Jersey, and that is catastrophe," Arnwine said.
http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/w...
Ah hell, it's only new jersey, the "armpit" state. Did you know Homer is from NJ?
Nightchalker

Lansing, MI

#796377 Nov 6, 2012
Homer wrote:
A vote for Romney is a vote for the rich and the final take over of America by corporations.
GOOD, if so, I hope they are hiring! If obamma wins I want MY GUB'MINT JOB! Either way I don't care! This "stillingstanden" is NOT working!
Are You Kidding

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#796378 Nov 6, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Unless you're Marco Rubio, you should put that paste job in quotations and cite him--wouldn't want you wonderful capitalists to be stealing intellectual property as much as you raid workers' pension funds.
Get a grip! Who is raiding workers' pension funds???????

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#796380 Nov 6, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Fried fred, the Lyin' Loser pretend Connecticut Cowboy's Brokeback Buddy: "President Bush spent 32% of his presidency on vacation.
Bush passed Reagan in total vacation days in 2005 with three and a half years left in his presidency. Reagan spent all or part of 335 days in Santa Barbara over his 8 year presidency. Bush spent 487 days at Camp David during his presidency and 490 days at his Crawford, Texas ranch, a total of 977 days.
When you add the days President Bush spent at Kennebunkport, Maine, he spent a total of 1,020 days away from the White House — close to 3 years. At 1,020 days, Bush was close to being on vacation more days than President John F. Kennedy’s total days in office (1,036). Representatives at the Nixon and Johnson Libraries indicate those two Presidents were on vacation less than 1,000 days during their terms.
President Obama has been on vacation 78 days from 2009 to 2011. At the three year mark into their first terms, George W. Bush spent 180 days at his ranch in Crawford, Texas and Ronald Reagan spent 112 vacation days at his ranch in California. Of course, staff was around all three Presidents on vacations and all White House aides argue that the commander-in-chief is never “out of touch” with work."
Anyone ever comment on how big your nose is getting?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#796381 Nov 6, 2012
Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Don't pay any attention to anything Notreal Dave says. He's just a Jane Fonda worshipping America hating draft-dodger who vilifies other people who actually served their country. He believes people who served honorably in the Navy are "chickensh'ts". He's obviously never met a Navy Seal. His opinions are completely insignificant.
You are no Navy Seal.

And really, I am talking about you. The chickensh*t.

You thought you were going to get drafted & ran off & joined the Navy.

I was there during that time period & knew lots that did the same.

I honor those who serve in the Navy.

I just think it's dishonest for you to parade your navy service as if you would have joined if you weren't going to get drafted.

The same with Bush hiding out in the Guard.

It was those times & you opted to hide instead of get drafted.

I put my name in the draft.

I give you credit for at least serving & not hiding out in France like Romney or England like Clinton.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#796382 Nov 6, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney concerned they were going to pass him the ball; now what do I do?
Missed that one!!

Romney supporters frantically putting out more signs on the median yesterday and today. More litter. I hope they remove them too.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fred

Milford, CT

#796383 Nov 6, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Fried fred, the Lyin' Loser pretend Connecticut Cowboy's Brokeback Buddy: "President Bush spent 32% of his presidency on vacation.
President Bush went home to Crawford Tx not on world tours paid by the taxpayers. duh

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#796384 Nov 6, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Voters Without ID Being Turned Away In Pennsylvania
Civil rights groups are concerned that the Pennsylvania voter identification law, which was blocked by a state judge, is nevertheless being enforced in precincts around the state.
"Advancement Project, and our coalition partners, are investigating and addressing what seems to be a pattern in PA of poll workers turning away voters if they don’t have voter ID which violates the court order under our lawsuit that stipulated that voters do not need ID for this election," spokesman Rich Robinson wrote in an email. "It’s not surprising, because despite the judge’s ruling, the state continued to run ads telling voters to get ID."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/11/06/elec...
Voter suppression, the greatest fear of a free society. Should Homer try and vote later without showing his id and return here with the skinny?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#796385 Nov 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops...you just waved your sign.
You made a very misinformed and shallow-thinking mistake of saying - and believing - ONLY Republicans are responsible for this economy and going even further to say they "buried" the world economy?
Can't get any more tunnel-visioned than that, my friend.
Democrats have been in control of Congress for the majority of the past six or seven decades. Do the research if you don't believe me.
Congress controls spending remember.
Now put your sign down. You're only embarrassing yourself.
Yes Maam, Democrats are the champions of the progressive policies that are crippling the country today.

See you Carol, I have to go vote again. I borrowed Homer's fake mustache.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#796386 Nov 6, 2012
ABBYNORMALL -
Apology offered. My hasty posting lead to a misunderstanding and an erroneous attack against you. Lesson learned on this end; race is not part of the issue in this election for me.

Peace.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#796387 Nov 6, 2012
A Noble Effort or Voter Intimidation? True the Vote Founder Speaks Out

Engelbrecht's actions have even drawn the attention of members of Congress. Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Maryland) of the House Oversight Committee has sent multiple letters to Engelbrecht asking about her intentions and methodology.

The letters state that she has questioned the validity of numerous voter registrations that turned out to be accurate.

Critics of True the Vote have pointed out that the organization's poll watchers in Texas in 2010 were mostly white and that they appeared in mostly black neighborhoods to monitor polls. And according to ABC's Harris, the Houston county attorney said there was evidence that the organization was specifically targeting racial minorities.

"We all should be able to agree about election integrity," Engelbrecht said during the interview with Harris.

A True the Vote training video obtained by Univision, however, suggests that Engelbrecht might be out of step with electoral laws.

The video, supposedly designed to teach poll watchers how to spot potential election fraud, implies that voter fraud is widespread, and offers several suggestions that actually contradict electoral laws. For example, the video tells viewers that those in line after the polls are closed should cast a provisional ballot. In reality, they may still cast a regular ballot.

Univision also found that True the Vote focused on cases of supposed voter fraud that haven't turned out to actually be fraudulent.

For example, they point to a report in Alabama of a man accused of identity theft, but there's no mention of that man ever using the stolen identity to vote. And True the Vote has completely ignored the fact that a firm working for the Republican Party allegedly distributed false voter registration forms in Florida. Pennsylvania, whose voter ID law is set to take effect next year following a series of heated court battles, has never had a case of in-person voter fraud, the kind supporters of the law say it is meant to prevent.

http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/Politics/...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#796388 Nov 6, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean joined MSNBC’s Morning Joe where he revealed that he is hearing multiple accounts of illegal voter harassment in key battleground states like Ohio and Pennsylvania. When asked if he thought that the only way President Barack Obama could lose Ohio is by voter intimidation, Dean emphatically replied that he did.
“In Pennsylvania, people are standing outside the polls asking for their I.D.s,” Dean said.“A federal judge has enjoined them from doing that, but that’s what’s happening.”
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/howard-dean-only-w...
So what's the BFD when you don't have to show one?
Why doesn't the Democratic party send people to tell them they don't have to show one?
carol

Orlando, FL

#796389 Nov 6, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
An INCREASE of 4% of the GDP toward the military budget? No, Romney doesn't make a whole lot of sense - and you should have been freaking out when he proposed it.
When we finally cut all the beurocratic red tape and all the wasteful and duplicate government spending programs, reform the tax code, repeal Obamacare, reform Medicare and Social Security, give more power and decision making back to the states, start creating jobs and people can save and spend and invest more of their own hard-earned money again...the federal government will have more revenues and can go back to doing one of the few things it was designed to do - protect this nation.

Romney/Ryan!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fred

Milford, CT

#796390 Nov 6, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Missed that one!!
Romney supporters frantically putting out more signs on the median yesterday and today. More litter. I hope they remove them too.
Don't worry. Kenyan commie occupier hoodie mau mau scum will steal them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 21 min _Zoey_ 7,745
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 26 min _Zoey_ 296
Danger! It is horrible, rotten luck to hug a w... 26 min Unlucky man 1
Word (Dec '08) 27 min _Zoey_ 4,648
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 29 min _Zoey_ 4,663
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min LRS 177,345
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr Cali Girl 2014dal 49,448
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••