Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
737,281 - 737,300 of 1,100,137 Comments Last updated 8 min ago
carol

Orlando, FL

#796325 Nov 6, 2012
flack wrote:
Romney up 92,000 votes in Ohio.
I'm afraid to look until most of the polls are closed - at least in the swing states.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#796327 Nov 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Lily, I believe most women want what most men want - a job and food on the table for their families.
That ain't happening with a lot of women these days - or men.
You people need to quit relying so much on the government. Go and create jobs with all the tax cuts, tax rebates and incentives Obama has given to small businesses these last few years. Do it now! Oh, and quit whining.
fred

Milford, CT

#796328 Nov 6, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You guys are just so f*ckin' bad at analogies (or any figurative language for that matter). What you have here is a ballet-dancing 77K deduction horse and a Clydesdale...who you think is going to be better able to pull you out of the Bush legacy quagmire of crap? I already cast a ballot for the second term of the workhorse...also, might have a few beers in the wagon?
The lazy golf playing non stop vacationing Kenyan as a work horse? And you say we're bad at analogies? pffft

Projection...mental defect...Findland fluker ...vodka swilling
ja michael

Tulsa, OK

#796330 Nov 6, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney is a liar. Do you think that the American women are going to vote for a fast talking liar? "Of course I won't sign bills to overturn Roe v Wade, of course I believe in a womans right to choose; of course I don't believe a woman should have an abortion unless she is raped; I just chose a VP candidate who proposed Personhood, thereby outlawing contraception"
He has to be the biggest liar ever, and it doesn't matter to you rightwingers.
Exactly. If anyone thinks a fanatical Mormon won't do his best to push his beliefs on the rest of the world you're in for a surprise. If I were a woman I would run from Romney as fast as my little Reeboks would go. And for the men... I shouldn't even have to point anything out to you. Romney LITERALLY talks to and hears god. Hearing voices is a bad thing and shold be attended to, not put in charge of the "buttons."

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#796331 Nov 6, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course he didn't say it, that was a reference to an event that happened.
Give it up, you're not convincing me of your pure motives.
The day I was concerned about convincing you Romney zombies (and, admit it, you don't even like him) of anything would be the day I was stupid enough to actually think today's Republicans are still the party of Lincoln, Eisenhower, or even, George H. W...Grover Nordquist--there's your ticket.

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#796333 Nov 6, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>"It's been reported"??? Passive voice once again used to say things that just aren't so...can't you even spell anonymous sources after all those mind-numbing hours with Faux?
so true. Hello leosnana, I figured there would be lots of action here today, but there has been for some time now. How have you been?
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#796335 Nov 6, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh please. Were there people standing on rooftops without food & water & dying in flood waters?
Of course not.
You right whiners get so freaking desperate that you become quite ridiculous.
Don't pay any attention to anything Notreal Dave says. He's just a Jane Fonda worshipping America hating draft-dodger who vilifies other people who actually served their country. He believes people who served honorably in the Navy are "chickensh'ts". He's obviously never met a Navy Seal. His opinions are completely insignificant.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#796336 Nov 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
He just wanted liberals to know they were freaking out about nothing again - as usual.
If anything, Romney is much more about peace than war by his nature.
But peace through strength. Which makes a whole lot of sense.
An INCREASE of 4% of the GDP toward the military budget? No, Romney doesn't make a whole lot of sense - and you should have been freaking out when he proposed it.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#796337 Nov 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>Romney pretty much agreed with President Obama's strategies on the Middle East in the last debate. He has not said a word about starting a war with anyone. Obama said all options are on the table if Iran develops a nuclear weapon which is also what Romney said.
Where did I say Obama WOULDN'T lead us to war in the Middle East? At least he knows which countries in the Middle East have coastline....
Romney is a warmonger, who was raised, and has raised his sons, to avoid the draft. I have zero respect for him.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>Romney wants to give the abortion issue back to the states to decide. It might mean a road trip for women who really want an abortion but it also will curb irresponsible behavior because of the inconvenience.
I'm sure all you womb warriors would like to believe that. For our daughters' sakes, I really hope they get to define 'convenience' for themselves, and that their states (and their moms) won't do it for them.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>Besides, a lot of abortion centers are nothing more than legalized butcher centers - some sterilized with qualified butchers - some not.
So are a lot of plastic surgery centers - but botched abortions are a whole lot more rare than botched plastic surgery - and if your abortion goes bad it's currently legal for another doctor to treat you. Wasn't always that way, you know.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>Romney/Ryan Medicare reform won't even kick in until 15 years down the road. However, Obama has already stolen over 700 million from Medicare to fund Obamacare.
From the insurance companies allowable profits - not from the Medicare program. You really need to research your soundbites before you post them.
carol wrote:
<quoted text>You'd think you'd be more concerned about how this is going to affect seniors right now.
My mother has had 2 surgeries in the last 4 years, and medicare picked up most of the tab for both of them. She wouldn't have been able to pay for either one, otherwise. I think you might need to research this soundbite too...
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#796338 Nov 6, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
fred rests his case
Who Wants A President Who Will Lie To You? Asks -- BILL CLINTON?
ps
abortion is murder, President Romney will replace the gnarled witch Ginzburg with a nice fresh conservative and holocaust of Roe vs Wade will finally be ended
Go pass a bowling ball out your bbbuttttt!

DEMOCRATS:

Gave us Medicare! Republicans voted no.

Gave us Social Security! Republicans voted no.

Gave us FDIC! Republicans voted no.

Geeeeeeeeeeee

Looks like the Democrats look out for working folks!

Help the aged and the poor!

And the working mans bank account.

Republicans? Really care about the richest on earth and their tax rate!

DEMOCRATS WIN AGAIN!!!! TODAY.

(the rich are just fine, they need no help, nothing!)

“life under BO”

Since: Sep 12

buena vista

#796339 Nov 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm afraid to look until most of the polls are closed - at least in the swing states.
Barone, Rove, Morris, Rush and me all predict a big Romney win, the majority of Americans have seen Obama for the failure he is.
We don't re elect economic failures. People need jobs, Obama hasn't delivered.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#796340 Nov 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Then again, I'm a clear-thinking conservative and you're an easily fooled liberal.
No not clear thinking at all, if any of you conservatives blinded by the BS that Fox pumps out on a daily basis every bothered to step foot offshore and visit a few other countries at the moment to see how they are doing economically then you might consider yourself to be living in a lucky country.
Republicans buried the world economy, as usual right throughout American history it is left to the Democrats to clean up the mess.
Obama 2012
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#796341 Nov 6, 2012
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#796342 Nov 6, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Got news for you Carol, if the dark forces come into play and by the same crap that got Bush elected over Gore. Then I can tell you now, whether Mitt is a man of peace or not will make no difference. The back room Republicans will have you in another war in no time at all. Mitt will not be running the government it will be all those unseen faces none of whom you elected. Had Gore been rightfully elected in Bush's first term in office there would have been no war in the middle east and with the money saved Big Al might have put solar panels on every American house and then still have money left over.
Scare tactics.

Your last sentence is pure delusion. If solar was so cheap, efficient, and all around wonderful, entrepreneurs would have capitalized on it by now. Pffffft
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#796343 Nov 6, 2012
RIP middle class, we hardly knew ye
fred

Milford, CT

#796344 Nov 6, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>You people need to quit relying so much on the government. Go and create jobs with all the tax cuts, tax rebates and incentives Obama has given to small businesses these last few years. Do it now! Oh, and quit whining.
The Kenyan's communist coup WAS an abject failure. Whatever the Kenyan did failed.

President Romney will unleash free market capitalism to restore America to strength and prosperity
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#796345 Nov 6, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
An INCREASE of 4% of the GDP toward the military budget? No, Romney doesn't make a whole lot of sense - and you should have been freaking out when he proposed it.
2 trillion dollars. We can't afford it!

As a fiscal conservative I approve this message.
fred

Milford, CT

#796347 Nov 6, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Go pass a bowling ball out your bbbuttttt!
DEMOCRATS:
Gave us Medicare! Republicans voted no.
Gave us Social Security! Republicans voted no.
Gave us FDIC! Republicans voted no.
Geeeeeeeeeeee
Looks like the Democrats look out for working folks!
Help the aged and the poor!
And the working mans bank account.
Republicans? Really care about the richest on earth and their tax rate!
DEMOCRATS WIN AGAIN!!!! TODAY.
(the rich are just fine, they need no help, nothing!)
The communist Democrats buy votes. Republicans say that big government will bankrupt America and undermine the economy. It has.
carol

Orlando, FL

#796348 Nov 6, 2012
TSM wrote:
When polling results starts coming in tonight Liberals/Democrats need to Remove All Sharp objects those in High Places get to Ground Level and hope others have set up Support Groups!! Romney/Ryan
Historically, conservatives can handle bad news with a lot more maturity.

It's sore losers who can never accept losing gracefully that I'm concerned about. Temper tantrums are now part of the equation.

I've already made peace with the fact I could be sorely disappointed.

Then again, I'm a clear-thinking conservative and not a brat who throws a temper tantrum if I don't get my way.

That's for children and those with childish mentalities. Most liberals, I mean.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#796349 Nov 6, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
Got news for you Carol, if the dark forces come into play and by the same crap that got Bush elected over Gore. Then I can tell you now, whether Mitt is a man of peace or not will make no difference. The back room Republicans will have you in another war in no time at all. Mitt will not be running the government it will be all those unseen faces none of whom you elected. Had Gore been rightfully elected in Bush's first term in office there would have been no war in the middle east and with the money saved Big Al might have put solar panels on every American house and then still have money left over.
If Romney wins we are def in Iran by 2014, sooner if the economy keeps plodding along.

The other thing I cannot wait to see is all these rightwingers defending a stimulis in 2013, cause that is definitely coming too.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 min voice of peace 68,367
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 55 min JOEL 68,977
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dale 177,369
Review: Anthony D S Grill (Jan '14) 1 hr peter osterman 7
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 97,931
Abby 8-29 1 hr Julie 10
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Paco Pinto 4,666
Amy 8-29 4 hr Kuuipo 13
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••