Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#796469 Nov 6, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
<quoted text>HA HA HA HA:
The Cincinnati Enquirer earlier today posted fake data on its website showing Mitt Romney with a 92,000-vote lead in a supposed early vote count in Ohio. Editors later posted an apology, explaining that the election-results chart was created as a template and was inadvertently posted early.
http://www.citybeat.com/cincinnati/blog-4141-...
Poor flack...the boy just can't get right...

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“The Intrepid”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#796470 Nov 6, 2012
" http://conservativebyte.com/2012/10/obama-reg... ;

Of course he did. The U.N. is evil just like him.

"Birds of a feather flock together.", as my gammy is fond of saying.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#796471 Nov 6, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Are you kidding? He tried to peer into her open purse with the drivers' license to see it there might also be an ebt or a WIC card.(I must also wonder about the "wife" he's claiming to call. Wouldn't she have a different address now and go to a different precinct? I'm smelling voter fraud, Homer.)
Yeah, it's sickening. They really would be happy if no Democrats or anyone not voting for their candidate couldn't vote or was turned away. It's the mindset. Awful.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Poll Tracker

Costa Mesa, CA

#796472 Nov 6, 2012
Pres Romney is leading in 50 of the 57 states.

Since: Nov 09

Beaver Island, MI

#796473 Nov 6, 2012
Homer wrote:
Has Fox News declared Romney the winner yet?
If, God forbid, Romney wins, FOX won't even mention his name. Everyone on the right will immediately distance themselves from Mitt and only announce that Obama lost.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#796474 Nov 6, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Being a stand up citizen you told her to ask to file a provisional ballot, ask for the name of the person who turned her away, and told her to call 866-MYVOTE1? Right?
You mean the Democrats haven't gotten that information to every Democrat yet? What's it been? Twelve goddam years since you idiots first started crying about this?
Give Romney 12 years to solve a problem like informing the public and the public will be informed. Obviously, this simple task is beyond the capabilities of the Democrats.
But, she was probably well informed about Obama's messiahness. They sure get that message out to everyone.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fred

Milford, CT

#796475 Nov 6, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Aren't there like nine members nationwide of the (New) Black Panther Party? I seem to remember that from four years ago when Faux went on red alert.
President Reagan reassembles the Reagan coalition. Regan democrats come home

Hidden in CNN Poll: 5% of Democrats Plan to Vote for Romney (Yup, That D+11 CNN Poll Alert)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#796476 Nov 6, 2012
Oh and the youth vote-O'bama has lost the youth vote. So says liberal Politico. So again I ask, Where has O'bama picked up a vote?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#796477 Nov 6, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
ABBYNORMALL -
Apology offered. My hasty posting lead to a misunderstanding and an erroneous attack against you. Lesson learned on this end; race is not part of the issue in this election for me.
Peace.
I understand. Been there, done that. Thanks.:)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#796478 Nov 6, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats know that if they don't get out the vote in huge numbers then the Republicans will try to pull a fast one. It has happened twice, and look who we ended up with; Bush for two terms.
And, we the people say Hell No!!
It could be worse, though...we could end up with the incompetent Obama for a second term of failure.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#796479 Nov 6, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
The Cincinnati Enquirer earlier today posted fake data on its website showing Mitt Romney with a 92,000-vote lead in a supposed early vote count in Ohio. Editors later posted an apology, explaining that the election-results chart was created as a template and was inadvertently posted early.
FLAAACCKK!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

#796480 Nov 6, 2012
Lest we forget, on Election Day.....

Philip Greene
“Unapologetic True Journalist”

Since: Dec 09

Forty years ago, Richard M. Nixon looked around and did not like what he saw and decided it was up to him to change it. He decided that he was the only person who had the answers to the problems the country faced. He decided that only he could save the nation.

From there, it was one minute step to deciding that anyone who was not with him must be against him; anyone who did not actively support his programs or, worse yet, who opposed them, must be an enemy of the state and therefore his enemy. Messiahs normally do not see the possibility that they just might be occasionally wrong.

That self-assurance and arrogance of purpose finally led to Nixon’s downfall by his own hands. A nation breathed a sigh of relief that we had dodged despotism and the first steps toward tyranny.

But it seems that the Republican Party, in its desire to embrace what it sees as “traditional values” has revived the Nixon Legacy and is heading down the exact same course.

Since January, the GOP has taken very public and very aggressive moves to pursue and threaten their opponents. Just like Nixon – whether it is actually written, as his was, or whether it exists only in thought, the Republicans have an enemies hit list and they are going to go after anyone who has dared side against them; even those who have simply failed to support them in their righteous cause.

The list has few surprises since most of the names on it have long been a target of the GOP – Public Broadcasting, Labor Unions, and Civil Rights activist groups. One surprise is the AARP, the latest enemy to be identified and singled out for retribution – and make no mistake about it, that is exactly what all this is about.

The Republican dominated House Ways and Means Committee is seeking to strip AARP of its non-profit status. They openly admit – in a change from their other hit list campaigns – that this is specifically because the organization supported the Republican-hated Obamacare. In other words, they want to eliminate the organization, as they seek to do with unions and the independent voice of public broadcasting, simply because they dared to oppose the Righteous Right.

No longer are they hiding behind budget balancing or security reasons; now they are coming straight out and saying they want to cripple these targets merely because they are opponents. Now it’s simply a matter of,“If you don’t fall in line and get in step, we are going to come after you with whatever weapon we can pick up.”

And that is called political terrorism. Not to mention a full frontal assault on Freedom.

There are no other words for it. They are now openly pursing a course of single party rule; any opposition must be completely and totally crushed so that nothing stands in their way. It explains completely why they have refused to compromise, to debate and why they have refused to even acknowledge the need for meeting in the middle to serve as many people as possible. Their purpose is no longer to serve the interests of the people, but to serve the interests of the party.

Or perhaps that should be “The Party.”

We as a nation can sneer, wave dismissively, deny that it could happen here (forgetting conveniently that it nearly did during the McCarthy years) and ignore the fact that this nation is currently being shoved down the path to Soviet-style single party rule; yes, we can continue doing that right up till the time we look around and see that everything that we have worked for and stood for as a people and a nation is gone. No one wants to believe that a place like America could ever be so vulnerable, so susceptible to the failures of other nations.

But we are – the more so because of our denial. And if we continue to deny, even the possibility that it may be happening, we certainly create the viral breeding grounds where the disease of intolerance will mature into despotism.
Waxman

Windsor, CT

#796481 Nov 6, 2012
dr feel good wrote:
Linda McMahon is doing her damnedest to turn this election into a WWE, staged match, with all the dirty tricks she's got in her bag. Like this:
There's this, too.
The U.S. Senate campaign of Republican Linda McMahon outfitted its urban poll standers today in purple T-shirts styled after those worn by SEIU, the liberal union that is backing Democrat Chris Murphy.
"It clearly is a rip off of our shirts," said Paul Filson, the political director of SEIU, which represents many minority health care workers. "It definitely is confusing."
The shirts are part of an effort by McMahon to blunt the urban vote Murphy needs in Hartford, Bridgeport and New Haven, where her workers also have left literature urging a vote for Obama and McMahon.
If she can't buy her way into the Senate, she'll cheat her way into the Senate. And she's trying convince voters she's not a Republican? Good luck with that.
A libtard like you should love her then. All she needs to do now is get exposed in corruption and she will be a shoe-in to gain Democrat support for a Democrat office.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#796482 Nov 6, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney is a liar. Do you think that the American women are going to vote for a fast talking liar? "Of course I won't sign bills to overturn Roe v Wade, of course I believe in a womans right to choose; of course I don't believe a woman should have an abortion unless she is raped; I just chose a VP candidate who proposed Personhood, thereby outlawing contraception"
He has to be the biggest liar ever, and it doesn't matter to you rightwingers.
Obama is the biggest liar; it's the only thing he's good at. You... a close second.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#796483 Nov 6, 2012
Lord Fetch wrote:
MSNBC accidentally posted a “test” page early on Election Day showing President Obama winning re-election with 280 electoral votes to Mitt Romney’s 257, even though the same page showed Romney winning the popular vote by 55-43 percent.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#796484 Nov 6, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I know a couple of women who ABSOLUTELY DO want abortion criminalized, and all involved parties prosecuted for murder. Both are infertile.
I also know a woman who has had two abortions, and who marches in Catholic pro-life rallies as a hobby.
I agree with everything you've posted here otherwise, although women may go back, but it won't be quietly.
... didn't you die of brain cancer?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#796485 Nov 6, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I'm sure you were happy she couldn't vote. You are pathetic.
As a matter of fact in northeastern PA a lot of addresses including mine have just recently changed from RR's to street addresses so I expect it will be a common theme out my way.
It's called a 911 address instead of rural route which only the post office knows. FedX and UPS driver have to learn them as well. Welcome to the 21st century!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#796486 Nov 6, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
Oh and the youth vote-O'bama has lost the youth vote. So says liberal Politico. So again I ask, Where has O'bama picked up a vote?
Considering he beat McCain by almost 10 million votes it's more a question of can the Republicans suppress the vote enough.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#796487 Nov 6, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
Go pass a bowling ball out your bbbuttttt!
DEMOCRATS:
Gave us Medicare! Republicans voted no.
Gave us Social Security! Republicans voted no.
Gave us FDIC! Republicans voted no.
Geeeeeeeeeeee
Looks like the Democrats look out for working folks!
Help the aged and the poor!
And the working mans bank account.
Republicans? Really care about the richest on earth and their tax rate!
DEMOCRATS WIN AGAIN!!!! TODAY.
(the rich are just fine, they need no help, nothing!)
Why is Obama losing? LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
THE DEBIL

Luxembourg

#796488 Nov 6, 2012
HEY, YOU GUYS, C'MERE... CROWD IN TIGHT SO THE RES' OF THEM CAIN'T HEAR US.... THA'S IT.... CAIN'T TELL YOU HOW DEBIL KNOW BUT NEW HAMPSHIRE JUS' GO FO' OBAMA. PENNSYLVANIA TOO. DEBIL PLEASED AT THE NEWS BUT NOW HE DON' FEEL LIKE TORTURIN' BIBLE-BEATERS SO MUCH.... DEBIL MUS' BE LOSIN' HIS EDGE? WHEN OHIO DROPS, THAT'LL BE IT. LOOK LIKE AN EARLY NIGHT TONIGHT, THANK GOODNESS, BUT WHAT DEBIL GONNA DO ABOUT ALL THE GREENIES HE TOOK GETTIN READY FO' TONIGHT? BETTER GO RUN A MARATHON OR SUMTHIN'?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
kalyan single jodi callll-08339890226 1 hr susil bhai 1
women are so shallow these days (Nov '11) 1 hr joey 86
428 homicides in 2013 2 hr joey 1
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Mothra 49,184
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr Sunshine 181,798
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 6 hr Roxie Darling 361
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 6 hr Roxie Darling 718
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr cheluzal 98,851
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]