Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#796385 Nov 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops...you just waved your sign.
You made a very misinformed and shallow-thinking mistake of saying - and believing - ONLY Republicans are responsible for this economy and going even further to say they "buried" the world economy?
Can't get any more tunnel-visioned than that, my friend.
Democrats have been in control of Congress for the majority of the past six or seven decades. Do the research if you don't believe me.
Congress controls spending remember.
Now put your sign down. You're only embarrassing yourself.
Yes Maam, Democrats are the champions of the progressive policies that are crippling the country today.

See you Carol, I have to go vote again. I borrowed Homer's fake mustache.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#796386 Nov 6, 2012
ABBYNORMALL -
Apology offered. My hasty posting lead to a misunderstanding and an erroneous attack against you. Lesson learned on this end; race is not part of the issue in this election for me.

Peace.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#796387 Nov 6, 2012
A Noble Effort or Voter Intimidation? True the Vote Founder Speaks Out

Engelbrecht's actions have even drawn the attention of members of Congress. Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-Maryland) of the House Oversight Committee has sent multiple letters to Engelbrecht asking about her intentions and methodology.

The letters state that she has questioned the validity of numerous voter registrations that turned out to be accurate.

Critics of True the Vote have pointed out that the organization's poll watchers in Texas in 2010 were mostly white and that they appeared in mostly black neighborhoods to monitor polls. And according to ABC's Harris, the Houston county attorney said there was evidence that the organization was specifically targeting racial minorities.

"We all should be able to agree about election integrity," Engelbrecht said during the interview with Harris.

A True the Vote training video obtained by Univision, however, suggests that Engelbrecht might be out of step with electoral laws.

The video, supposedly designed to teach poll watchers how to spot potential election fraud, implies that voter fraud is widespread, and offers several suggestions that actually contradict electoral laws. For example, the video tells viewers that those in line after the polls are closed should cast a provisional ballot. In reality, they may still cast a regular ballot.

Univision also found that True the Vote focused on cases of supposed voter fraud that haven't turned out to actually be fraudulent.

For example, they point to a report in Alabama of a man accused of identity theft, but there's no mention of that man ever using the stolen identity to vote. And True the Vote has completely ignored the fact that a firm working for the Republican Party allegedly distributed false voter registration forms in Florida. Pennsylvania, whose voter ID law is set to take effect next year following a series of heated court battles, has never had a case of in-person voter fraud, the kind supporters of the law say it is meant to prevent.

http://abcnews.go.com/ABC_Univision/Politics/...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#796388 Nov 6, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Former Vermont Gov. Howard Dean joined MSNBC’s Morning Joe where he revealed that he is hearing multiple accounts of illegal voter harassment in key battleground states like Ohio and Pennsylvania. When asked if he thought that the only way President Barack Obama could lose Ohio is by voter intimidation, Dean emphatically replied that he did.
“In Pennsylvania, people are standing outside the polls asking for their I.D.s,” Dean said.“A federal judge has enjoined them from doing that, but that’s what’s happening.”
http://www.mediaite.com/tv/howard-dean-only-w...
So what's the BFD when you don't have to show one?
Why doesn't the Democratic party send people to tell them they don't have to show one?
carol

Orlando, FL

#796389 Nov 6, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
An INCREASE of 4% of the GDP toward the military budget? No, Romney doesn't make a whole lot of sense - and you should have been freaking out when he proposed it.
When we finally cut all the beurocratic red tape and all the wasteful and duplicate government spending programs, reform the tax code, repeal Obamacare, reform Medicare and Social Security, give more power and decision making back to the states, start creating jobs and people can save and spend and invest more of their own hard-earned money again...the federal government will have more revenues and can go back to doing one of the few things it was designed to do - protect this nation.

Romney/Ryan!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fred

Milford, CT

#796390 Nov 6, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Missed that one!!
Romney supporters frantically putting out more signs on the median yesterday and today. More litter. I hope they remove them too.
Don't worry. Kenyan commie occupier hoodie mau mau scum will steal them.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#796391 Nov 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Missed that one!!
Romney supporters frantically putting out more signs on the median yesterday and today. More litter. I hope they remove them too.
Oh calm down, I will pick them before daybreak tomorrow.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#796392 Nov 6, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Voter suppression, the greatest fear of a free society. Should Homer try and vote later without showing his id and return here with the skinny?
You didn't vote yet? Yes, do so.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“unstoppable”

Since: Jul 11

Hell

#796393 Nov 6, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> HELLO Olive! What's happening?
Hello Flack, well, its voting day. We shall see what happens tonight. Its been a crazy few months, lots of tension over this election. As you know, I am an Obama supporter but unlike some of my fellow liberals, I won't be moving to Canada if Romney wins...

I feel what is most important for our Country is a change in consciousness, more empathy, less corruption. More unity, less divisiveness.

how have you been?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#796394 Nov 6, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
President Bush went home to Crawford Tx not on world tours paid by the taxpayers. duh
Because he knows the world hates him; dummy

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#796395 Nov 6, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Voter suppression, the greatest fear of a free society. Should Homer try and vote later without showing his id and return here with the skinny?
Sure, go naked. Tell them you have no pockets so no ID. See just how far free speech stretches.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#796396 Nov 6, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, it's too bad you can't give yerself an std from all that mental masterbation.
Gee, it's too f*ckin' bad yer too stupid to ever learn to spell masturbation, but that's the way you hydra-headed rethug trolls roll.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#796397 Nov 6, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for doing your part to keep the environment beautiful.
I wish they'd do away with those signs anyway, what a big waste of money

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#796398 Nov 6, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
No signs up where I live, no Obama, no Romney, you wouldn't even know there was an election going on.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fred

Milford, CT

#796399 Nov 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Why doesn't the Democratic party send people to tell them they don't have to show one?
Liberal secret decoder ring translation:

Former DNC Chair Howard Dean: The Only Way We Lose Is Through Fraud = the only way the Kenyan can win is by cheating

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#796400 Nov 6, 2012
<quoted text>
You didn't vote yet? Yes, do so.
I was going to go vote this morning as my wife was on the fence about voting at all, then she watched and listened to Romney at halftime last night, started feeling sick to her stomache and demanded she go with me after work today. "He makes me as sick as McCain did!"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#796401 Nov 6, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
When we finally cut all the beurocratic red tape and all the wasteful and duplicate government spending programs, reform the tax code, repeal Obamacare, reform Medicare and Social Security, give more power and decision making back to the states, start creating jobs and people can save and spend and invest more of their own hard-earned money again...the federal government will have more revenues and can go back to doing one of the few things it was designed to do - protect this nation.
Romney/Ryan!
LOL! Giving more power to Rick Scott will guarantee that he'll put anyone to disagrees with him in his friends private prisons.
There'd be rampant discrimination, dismantling of public schools, rading of the tax payers funds by the friends of the Governor, totaly disregard for the environment, poisoning of our oceans, fields and streams, abolition of civil rights, you don't have a clue! But, thanks for the laugh anyway!
By the way, did you move yet?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#796402 Nov 6, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You might want to revisit the first few pages of this thread Carol.
Being angry and disappointed by venting that anger and disappointment is perfectly acceptable.

Screaming Bush stole the election for eight years, holding a grudge about it for eight years, calling people racists and every other name in the book and the Black Panthers and other liberal groups preparing God knows what if Obama loses is NOT acceptable.

We've had to educate each other from time to time over the past four years but since you're older than me, you should know the difference between acceptable and unacceptable expressions of handling disappointment.

Venting is not what I'm concerned about.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#796403 Nov 6, 2012
Fox Poised To Manufacture Another Bogus New Black Panther Controversy

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/11/06/fox-p...

Unless Mitt wins.

Fair and balanced.

????????

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#796404 Nov 6, 2012
_Olive_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello Flack, well, its voting day. We shall see what happens tonight. Its been a crazy few months, lots of tension over this election. As you know, I am an Obama supporter but unlike some of my fellow liberals, I won't be moving to Canada if Romney wins...
I feel what is most important for our Country is a change in consciousness, more empathy, less corruption. More unity, less divisiveness.
how have you been?
Do you live in Ohio?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 57 min Rogue Scholar 05 181,831
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 49,203
New Beach Boys song. 3 hr The Beach Boys 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 3 hr Frijoles 71,015
Music Artists A to Z (Feb '14) 3 hr _Zoey_ 363
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr _Zoey_ 4,918
sex 6 hr rahul 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Ralph 98,853
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 11:39 am PST

Bleacher Report11:39AM
Complete Week 16 Preview for Indianapolis
NBC Sports12:33 PM
1 thing even Rahm can't fix: Da Bears - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 1:01 PM
Cowboys' Murray listed as questionable for Colts - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 8:26 AM
Report: Executives suggest Bears could have to attach a draft pick to move Cutler
Bleacher Report11:56 AM
Eagles vs. Redskins: Live Score and Analysis for Philadelphia