Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#794954 Nov 5, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>How has the president made you suffer?
Would you like to begin with unemployment, the economy, the lack of unity in our nation, the inability to work with both sides of Congress, the disastrous Obamacare, the national debt, the Benghazi manipulation, or some other area?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
carol

Orlando, FL

#794955 Nov 5, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>He's neither far left nor radical, but you certainly are a dyed-in-the-wool racist, dumb carol. You're clearly not playing with a full deck, but all fifty-one of yours are race cards and you deal them from the bottom. You might be a little more suspicious of those 'powers that be' that think we need a vampire capitalist Mormon bishop war-mongering draft dodger as POTUS.
Since 1981, National Journal's annual vote ratings have defined where members of Congress stand ideologically. The ratings rank lawmakers on how they vote relative to each other on a conservative-to-liberal scale in both the Senate and the House. The scores are based on the members' votes in three areas: economic issues, social issues, and foreign policy.

Sen. Barack Obama, D-Ill., was the most liberal senator in 2007, based on National Journal ís vote ratings. He shifted further to the left last year in the run-up to the presidential primaries, after ranking as the 16th- and 10th-most-liberal during his first two years in the Senate. Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton, D-N.Y., also shifted to the left last year, although she has generally been more moderate in the ratings than her Democratic presidential rival.

http://nj.nationaljournal.com/voteratings/pdf...

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#794956 Nov 5, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Now we're buried up to our knees.
C'mon Homer. Where's the smart?
I'm sorry Carol, but the Republican party as it stands today is on the self imploding model. Even Reagan's son says his father would not know this party of today. All this rant about Obama's record when infact the Republicans have blocked EVERY single piece of legislation that comes past its desk. With stupid $hit signing pledges with tea party about no new taxes and the same time block spending cuts. Would any rational business be operated this way and survive, yet this is how the Republicans operate these days. You know Reagan raised taxes 11 times he was in office yet this Republican icon has been painted some mythical figure by the likes of Fox. The point is between Fox news and the Tea party movement the conservatives have evolved into what I call America's Taliban.
Trying to recapture the past yet it has long since passed them by so as a result say their prime mission is to bring down a president even if it brings down the country. You need to have a good hard look yourselves. There are good people still left in the Republican party like Alan Simpson who shows that common sense should prevail unfortunately he is in the minority now.
Just a sample of some of his quotes which should ring true.

Simpson told CNN's Fareed Zakaria that Republicans' rigid opposition to new tax revenues has hampered productivity and diminished the chances of reaching an agreement with Democrats on debt reduction. "You canít cut spending your way out of this hole," Simpson, who was appointed as co-chair of President Obama's Commission on Fiscal Responsibility and Reform in 2010, said. "You canít grow your way out of this hole, and you canít tax your way out of this hole. So put that in your pipe and smoke it, we tell these people. This is madness."

Simpson continued: "If you want to be a purist, go somewhere on a mountaintop and praise the east or something. But if you want to be in politics, you learn to compromise. And you learn to compromise on the issue without compromising yourself. Show me a guy who wonít compromise and Iíll show you a guy with rock for brains."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#794957 Nov 5, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I was in Wal-Mart just the other day and overheard a woman who looked completely stressed out say with a lot of sadness in her voice "prices are going up..."
Almost made me cry. Truly. Especially when I saw how little costs so much when I checked out myself.
It's the elistists who are the most unaffected. For now anyway.
Only people who hate America shop at WalMart. It's all Chinese crap there!! Didn't Mitt say something about China?? Yet you still buy Chinese crap?? That's as bad as shopping for furniture at the curb.

WalMart is responsible for offshoring more American jobs than all other sources combined!!

And they treat their employees like slaves.

Why do you hate America so much, Carol??

Will you go back to Lorac after Obama wins??

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#794958 Nov 5, 2012
keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>Good morning H.
Nothing the racist posters say here count for anything after tomarrow... Our work is done here....I am happy this disgusting thread is over..
We humans can go back to the good life without teabagger racist to deal with..It's been great reading your posts.Have a great life Homer..
Amen!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#794959 Nov 5, 2012
X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds just like a "uniter" doesn't he? Where's the peace prize for him now? Our country has not been as divided as it is now in my life and people see it, and the president makes it clear with his "revenge" comment, and it will come back to bite him in the ass! Just like Lybia!
Republicans divided this country, not Obama.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#794960 Nov 5, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Twenty-five percent (25%) of likely Wisconsin voters have already voted, and the president leads 56% to 41% among these voters.
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_conten...
Explaining facts to Retard Fred is akin to teaching your dog to speak Latin.

The tail wags, the eyes are bright, but they have no clue as to what you're talking about.

Factual data reads like this to folks like Fred, Gunner, Dweeb, Nobraina:

"blah blah blah commie blah blah blah Acorn blah blah blah mau mau blah blah blah"

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
JEB

Pompano Beach, FL

#794961 Nov 5, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Only people who hate America shop at WalMart. It's all Chinese crap there!! Didn't Mitt say something about China?? Yet you still buy Chinese crap?? That's as bad as shopping for furniture at the curb.
WalMart is responsible for offshoring more American jobs than all other sources combined!!
And they treat their employees like slaves.
Why do you hate America so much, Carol??
Will you go back to Lorac after Obama wins??
"Only people who hate America shop at Walmart..." ??? LOL
fred

Milford, CT

#794962 Nov 5, 2012
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
You're very good at repeating lies, but they're still lies, Fretard!!
Nonsense. A consensus of pundits and economists agree with fred that Democrats collapsed the economy with high energy prices and sub prime mortgages.

Saturday, October 04, 2008
What Caused the Financial Crisis?

An article in the NY Times, "Pressured to Take on Risk, Fannie Hit a Tipping Point," is causing many people to wonder if Fannie and Freddie caused the financial crisis.

First, let me clarify the question. We are asking what caused the housing bubble, and, by definition, the cause cannot be explained by changes in an underlying market fundamental. I don't mean that we can't point to, say, a rumor that led to a rapid increase in the price of some good as speculators rush in, just that bubbles - by definition - are divorced from market fundamentals.

I think a more interesting question is what sets the stage for a bubble to emerge - what allows the rumor, irrational exuberance, etc., to express itself as a bubble? One thing that is needed is liquidity and credit, some way of substantially increasing demand. This is the air that inflates the bubble. Even if all the other conditions for a bubble to emerge are present, if there is no way to inflate the bubble - no way for speculators to rush in and drive up the price - then it won't inflate.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#794963 Nov 5, 2012
This is why Iím Voting for Romney/Ryan: 1/6 Americans in Poverty, 47 Million Americans of Food Stamps, 23 Million Americans Unemployed or Under Employed, 5.4 Million Americans sign up for Disability Under Obama!! Obamaís Solutions!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Loysville, PA

#794964 Nov 5, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
<spam>
<stupid>

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Location hidden

#794965 Nov 5, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange, huh? Especially after all that was said by him and Hillary back in 2008...
Bill had to be dragged out of the shadows to try and save Obama's butt in the name of party loyalty. Nothing more.
HAHA

He really looks like he was dragged out of the shadows, making all those powerful speeches!!

Do you ever read the stupidity you write??

So tell us why your hero, Bushie, wasn't dragged out of the shadows??

I'd love to hear it!! LOL

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
fred

Milford, CT

#794966 Nov 5, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Democrats such as Paul Ryan, Mitch McConnell, Lindsey Graham, Dick Cheney, George Bush? lol Can you define communinst? Aren't you supposed to put Marxist in front of it, whatever that means?
Yes. A communist imposes state control of production, subjugates individual's interests to the collective and create death panels to murder enemies of the state. Ya know, like the Kenyan mau mau

ps

Communists live good while the collective suffers. Ditto the Kenyan

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Loysville, PA

#794967 Nov 5, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe it....
Did you just say "Romney did it, too" ?????
ROFLMAO AYDA
(at your dumb ass)
Can't you idiots come up with anything new? If you change the name from "Bush" to "Romney", it still says the same thing.
Your Marxist communist dupe fraud is out on his incompetent ass.
Go get fitted for a leaf blower today. Don't wait until the lines for November 7th.
Like it or not, you're going to become an American and become self-reliant.
My God, Mitt Romney signed the assault weapon ban as Governor you dumbasss.

Just how GD dumb are you?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#794968 Nov 5, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>So Bush makes a bad purchase on some crappy trailers and Obama is supposed to pay to fix them up?
Let me get this straight....
Are you saying that the homeless people from Katrina didn't need anything?
I'm betting everything I own you weren't saying that then.

The bottom line is, those trailers were owned by FEMA for the purpose of providing temporary housing for people after a natural disaster.
Obama took ownership of those trailers the day he took office.
After a trillion dollars was stolen from Porkulus by Democrat cronies, those trailers continued to rot in the hot and humid semi-tropical environment of the Gulf coast.
Now, we needed them.

But, I just love this. Obama lets all the FEMA trailers rot and it's somehow Bush's fault agian.
That is hillarious.
Dinosaurs go extinct. Bush's fault.
It rained yesterday. Bush's fault.

I wasn't a big fan of George Bush, but he was a lot better than the fraud clown act we have now.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
O Baloney

New York, NY

#794969 Nov 5, 2012
JEB wrote:
<quoted text> "Only people who hate America shop at Walmart..." ??? LOL
Here's a bunch of Walmart shoppers who I am guessing will vote for Obama:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/money/wal-mar...
Lord Fetch

Riverdale, IL

#794970 Nov 5, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. A consensus of pundits and economists agree with fred that Democrats collapsed the economy with high energy prices and sub prime mortgages.
Saturday, October 04, 2008
What Caused the Financial Crisis?
An article in the NY Times, "Pressured to Take on Risk, Fannie Hit a Tipping Point," is causing many people to wonder if Fannie and Freddie caused the financial crisis.
First, let me clarify the question. We are asking what caused the housing bubble, and, by definition, the cause cannot be explained by changes in an underlying market fundamental. I don't mean that we can't point to, say, a rumor that led to a rapid increase in the price of some good as speculators rush in, just that bubbles - by definition - are divorced from market fundamentals.
I think a more interesting question is what sets the stage for a bubble to emerge - what allows the rumor, irrational exuberance, etc., to express itself as a bubble? One thing that is needed is liquidity and credit, some way of substantially increasing demand. This is the air that inflates the bubble. Even if all the other conditions for a bubble to emerge are present, if there is no way to inflate the bubble - no way for speculators to rush in and drive up the price - then it won't inflate.
wise move paul...avoid me altogether. won't diminish my punishment a bit but you won't make it worse inadvertently

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#794972 Nov 5, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Another right whiner wanting not only to place the blame of the recession on Obama but also blame him for the debt run up by Paul Ryan & George Bush.
We had balanced budgets & a surplus on the path to paying down our debt.
But Paul Ryan said nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooo, and he & his Republicans voted to take us off that path.
On purpose!!!!!
Then the sniveling little weasel Ryan runs around bitching about deficits & debt. Where is his apology to the American people???
RealDave you need New Material but I do recommend you should deliver the eulogy for Obama on Wednesdays morning, it should be short and Simple!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: Dec 10

Selden, NY

#794973 Nov 5, 2012
It just dawned on me....Shortly we will have our first lame ďblack duckĒ president.

I can hardly wait....Where is Elmer Fudd when you need him?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Loysville, PA

#794974 Nov 5, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
ObamaCare doubled fred's health insurance premium
Gas price has doubled
food price has doubled
The value of the dollar is down due to QE I, II, III
fred's house is worth less
fred has been called a racist because he is a Tea Party member
fred's fellow Americans were left to die in Benghazi
fred is worried that the kenyan ran up 16 trillion in debt
fred is sick of the Kenyan's communist reign of intimidation and lies
Fred's house is worth less because the price of cardboard has come down in price.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amar kashe kisu meya ase.jara enjoy kore.Bt ama... 3 min Oni 1
Amy 12-22 6 min Jnr Palmer Nat 6
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 10 min positronium 49,241
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 18 min Guru 181,887
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 98,855
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr scirocco 68,891
Abby 12-22 1 hr RACE 2
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:00 pm PST

Bleacher Report 6:00PM
Colts Have Puncher's Chance in Playoffs Despite Flaws
Bleacher Report 7:50 PM
Colts Collapse Around Andrew Luck in Another Prime-Time Blowout
Bleacher Report11:31 PM
Can Bears Turn Back to Cutler After Loss?
NBC Sports 1:03 AM
Romo, Cowboys are in after 42-7 rout of Colts - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:46 AM
Can Hamilton Fix Colts Offense for Playoff Run?