Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 36,787)

Showing posts 735,721 - 735,740 of1,033,254
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Everybody lies in polls. I've participated in two and said I was voting for Obama both times just because those phone calls piss me off.
Sure you did. Is this like your millitary service lies??

Like we could believe a dumb hateful racist would ever say he was voting for Obama.

HAHAHAHA

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>Two evangelical friends said yesterday "I'm voting for Romney because he's anti abortion and gay marriage"

That's it, in a nutshell. They have no concept of Mitt and his shenanigans, nor do they care that he's a liar. The Christian rightwing votes on abortion and gay marriage. Nothing else.
I think race is the reason most of the old geezers in my town are voting Republican. I've talked to a couple of the old guys when they aren't with the rest of the coffee drinking gang. They agree, and would rather "go with the flow" and keep things status quo. I'm not from the town so can ask questions like this. The leader of the group has rebel flags plastered all over his minivan. He use to speak to me before the election.
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
ROMNEY/RYAN et al 2012
Simply because of th qualified EXPERIENCE required for REAL Leadership for ALL of America again-NOT just some!
A vote for Romney is a vote for LEADERSHIP!
A vote for Obama is a vote for REVENGE!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, just what America wants. a 70-year-old worn out hag in the White House.
I was just thinking the same; she's aged alot in the last four years.

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>
SORRY LOSER SCHOOL'S OUT EARLY I HAVE THINGS TO DO UNLIKE YOU!!!!!!!!
Whale Harbor Inn has a breakfast buffet today
I WIN AGAIN
WORLD ENDS FOR TEABAGS NOV 7 2012 3 MORE DAYS LOSERS
Do your parents take you every Sunday? Hope you don't throw hate around them like you do on here.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The economy usually gets better when a Republican Congress is in control of spending and a Democrat president moves center.
It usually gets worse when a Democrat Congress is in control of spending and a Democrat president remains immoveably far left.
Things didn't get any better with a Democrat Congress and a Democrat president for two years. Neither has it gotten any better with a Democrat controlled Senate and a Democrat president the past two years - 2 out of 3 stacked against Republicans.
It's amazing you can't see that. The only hope we have is if Republicans win back the Senate and keep the House - when it's stacked 2 out of 3 against the president if Obama should win. That's what happened under Clinton.
The housing market crisis was something altogether different since both parties ignored the warnings.
A Democrat Congress was in control of spending before it happened, but it's easier to blame a Republican president who issued the warnings.
Good morning.
More fact twisting from the Topix pretzel.

Economic data show more growth under Democrats...

Mitt Romney routinely criticizes President Obama’s record as a steward of the economy, because the recovery since the financial crisis has been slow.

If he is elected, Romney says, he would boost economic growth to 4 percent, double the current level — a rate that would outdo every Republican administration going back to 1953.

But despite the view held by many that the GOP is the party of economic prosperity and soaring stock markets, the opposite has historically been true. Over the past six decades, Republican administrations have produced median economic growth of 2.6 percent. Democratic administrations, meanwhile, have produced a median growth rate of 4.2 percent.

SOURCE: STANDARD & POOR’S; FIGURES THROUGH SEPT. 4; NED DAVIS RESEARCH; GRAPHIC: GEROGE PATISTEAS/GLOBE STAFF

“The market actually does better under Democrats than Republicans, not just the S&P 500, but earnings and the economy,’’ said Sam Stovall, chief equity strategist at S&P Capital IQ.

An even closer parsing of financial data reveals another surprising fact: Markets have been at their best when there’s a Democratic president and a Republican Congress. Historically, that combination has turned out 15 percent average annual returns, compared with 5 percent returns with a Republican president and Democrat-controlled Congress.

Another popular line of argument is that the economy and stock markets fare well under Democratic presidents because of policies that were put in place by their Republican predecessors.

Romney has argued that tax cuts, not government spending, are best for fueling economic growth. Under President George W. Bush, who implemented a number of tax cuts, corporate earnings grew at a median 14.2 percent annually from 2001 to 2008. Under Obama, they have risen 51.8 percent.

http://bostonglobe.com/business/2012/11/01/st...

"Them's the facts".
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

FIRE THE GOP wrote:
LOL!!!
yeah! Looked like 4 people showed up at Romney's rally last night. Sad. For him!! He sckkkks that bad!
VOTE FOR OBAMA!! carol get a clue! fred? F U OK?
<quoted text>
And what the sane, GROWN UP, non-twisted and non-sickly warped people saw---(Reality)

For once-Obama looked like he was actually a part of something that any potus SHOULD be-REAL GOVERNMENT and Leadership in action!!

Opotus OWES Christie BIG TIME for the favor.

ROMNEY/RYAN/CHRSITIE(ROCKS!) et al 2012!
REAL LEaddership FOR America again!

Since: May 11

Fayetteville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You really want Biden to be one step away from the presidency another four years?
That alone is worth rethinking your vote.
Better than the sniveling weasel Paul Ryan.

Paul Ryan spent 8 years voting for the Bush policies that created this mess & doubled the debt & now parades around the country bitching about that debt.

Romney Ryan are nothing but lying shysters.

We had the balance budget you scream about Carol. Who voted to take us off that path. I have news, it weren't the Democrats.

It was YOUR party.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I wasn't clear. I was speaking of what Chris Christie did or didn't do or say about the president's visit.
Rove: "Obama has temporarily been a bipartisan figure this week."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>That doesn't absolve them of the responsibility for those deaths.

If someone goes out drinking and kills a van full of family, they are still guilty of the deaths. If they leave the scene, it is still an attempt at coverup. and when they go to trial, they are still found guilty and still pay the price. Same difference. They certainly didn't walk into the bar "intending" to kill someone, but it is totally their fault the family is dead because of their choices.
What a silly analogy. Comparing the drunk operator of a motor vehicle to the Commander in Chief? Far, far fetched.

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>How can that be when people are still dying in N.Y. and N.J. due to his administration's incompetence? The death toll is now up to 113. More Washington Post liberal spin.
As per usual, Obama talked a good game at the beginning of this miss. Now the actualities of the situation are proving otherwise.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Romney Tax Plan:

http://www.romneytaxplan.com

this is funny

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>It's not slanderous if it's true. BTW, Obama has more than slandered Romney and misstated Romney's presidential platform many times. So get over it.
Obama misstated Romney's platform? You mean Romney misstated Romney's platform!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

What's the state of mind this weekend of the conservative outrage machine? With regard to liberals, I think it's fair to say as of Saturday that most of us (excepting your allowed-for percentage of nervous nellies) expect Barack Obama to win. If he somehow doesn't, we'll be surprised and deeply depressed. But provided the outcome doesn't involve some kind of Florida-style shenanigans, in a couple days' time, we'll come to terms with it.

Meanwhile--conservatives? I think that they are certain that Mitt Romney will win and that all information to the contrary is a pack of lies; that they will be completely shocked and outraged if he doesn't; that, if he loses, it will be the inevitable product of foul play; and that therefore they'll immediately start scouring the landscape looking for parties to blame and will keep themselves in a state suspended agitation for...days, weeks, four years, forever. Which wouldn't matter to the rest of us but for the fact that they'll continue to have the power to screw up the country.

The conservatives I read, and certainly my conservative commenters, just can't wait for Tuesday, when the American people will arise out of their torpor and finally send Obama to the dugout. I'm continually struck--nay, impressed, even--by the iron certainty with which they say this, and by their unswerving ability to pluck out the favorable polls (getting fewer and farther between, incidentally) and throw a bucket of ice-cold water on the ones they don't like.

Objective reality says Obama is ahead. But to conservatives, there's always something wrong in objective-reality land, always a reason to claim that the world is in fact spinning in the opposite direction. Quinnipiac has too many Democrats! PPP is a Democratic firm! This one oversampled blacks, that one Latinos. And of course, these objections are never merely just stated. They're the rhetorical equivalent of dirty nuclear bombs. Conservatives on Twitter howl derisively at these polls as if their purveyors are offering alchemical cures for venereal disease.

We're all prey to "confirmation bias," as Paul Waldman called it in his American Prospect column Friday. We look at the polls that we know will be more likely to show the result we want to see. With Republicans, that has meant Rasmussen, obviously, and Gallup. With liberals it has meant...well, virtually every other polling operation under God's golden sun, more often than not, because the simple fact remains that Obama has led in most polls for a year, nationwide and statewide.

But there's confirmation bias, and there's denial. Pennsylvania is up for grabs? If you say so, wingosphere. But Obama's led in 53 straight polls there, journalist Eric Boehlert tweeted yesterday. In the last two days we've seen about 20 different state polls. Obama led in 18. If my guy were on the business end of results like those, I'd be psychologically preparing myself.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11...

If Obama wins, the excuses will start coming; the excuses will mushroom into reasons why the victory was illegitimate; then the next mission will be to oppose Obama at every turn.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

yepperz wrote:
Nate Silver finds President Obama with an 84% chance to win the presidential election and that the barrage of swing state polls showing him leading Mitt Romney represents "powerful evidence against the idea that the race is a 'tossup.'

A tossup race isn't likely to produce 19 leads for one candidate and one for the other -- any more than a fair coin is likely to come up heads 19 times and tails just once in 20 tosses.(The probability of a fair coin doing so is about 1 chance in 50,000.)"

"Instead, Mr. Romney will have to hope that the coin isn't fair, and instead has been weighted to Mr. Obama's advantage. In other words, he'll have to hope that the polls have been biased in Mr. Obama's favor... They could be biased. Based on the historical reliability of polls, we put the chance that they will be biased enough to elect Mr. Romney at 16%."
Doesn't look good for the visiting team. But they leave in the middle of the 3rd quarter.
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice.
Chris Christie is Barack Obama's BFF, now supporting and campaigning for Obama!!
You were right, Christie is a cut above the average neanderthal wingnut!!
And now it comes out that Christie was Romney's first choice for VP!!
I'm lovin' it!!
----------
""Politico reports Christie was Romney's first veep choice""
""The on-again, off-again public love fest between Gov. Chris Christie and Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is examined today in a long article in Politico.
The online news organization quotes campaign insiders as saying Christie was Romney’s first choice for vice president on the Republican ticket. Romney was so close to picking Christie, Politico reports, that advisors at Romney's Boston headquarters believed he had offered the governor the job.
The story reports that Christie was one of the campaign's favorite surrogates, but that they started souring on him when he showed up late to a few events. Even worse, they feared Christie's brash attitude and tendency to speak his mind would be a liability in the West Wing, leading them to settle on the more understated Paul Ryan.
""
----------
Romney lost Christie, and now Christie will help Obama get re-elected!!
Ans as it turned out Ryan was the correct choice. Cristie turned out to be a traitor.

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>He had to be nice. It's what proper people do. He wants Federal funds to clean up his state. He may not respect the man, but does respect the office. Tell that to the White House workers when "Slick & the "Hil-Bily" left the White House??
I agree. He did what was expedient for the citizens of his state. Obama is a petulant, arrogant, "revenge" driven man in my book. Unfortunately, with FEMA's continued failings, it didn't do him much good.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>Oh brother. Went to see Argo last night, good movie
Sounded good. Glad to know you liked it!
TheIndependentMa jority

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
That's nice.
Chris Christie is Barack Obama's BFF, now supporting and campaigning for Obama!!
You were right, Christie is a cut above the average neanderthal wingnut!!
And now it comes out that Christie was Romney's first choice for VP!!
I'm lovin' it!!
----------
""Politico reports Christie was Romney's first veep choice""
""The on-again, off-again public love fest between Gov. Chris Christie and Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is examined today in a long article in Politico.
The online news organization quotes campaign insiders as saying Christie was Romney’s first choice for vice president on the Republican ticket. Romney was so close to picking Christie, Politico reports, that advisors at Romney's Boston headquarters believed he had offered the governor the job.
The story reports that Christie was one of the campaign's favorite surrogates, but that they started souring on him when he showed up late to a few events. Even worse, they feared Christie's brash attitude and tendency to speak his mind would be a liability in the West Wing, leading them to settle on the more understated Paul Ryan.
""
----------
Romney lost Christie, and now Christie will help Obama get re-elected!!
Christie knew he has his work cut out in Jersey, and Christie also has a thing called PRIORITIES-- thank goodness for Jersey, was all that interetsed in jumping on the bullshyte bandwagon.

I KNOW I was right-I am good judge of true character-AND the LACK there of, in people.

Christie and Obama "BFF's"??

How old are you-12?

As Christie might bluntyly say-Grow the hell up and Get real.

ROMNEY/RYAN/CHRISTIE et al 2012!
REAL Leadership FOR ALL of America again!

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 4, 2012

Judged:

Obamatosis wrote:
another major NY newspaper--THAT ENDORSED OBAMA IN 2008:
Our choice for America’s future: The Daily News endorses Mitt Romney for president
Four years after endorsing Obama, News finds the hopes of those days went unfulfilled
America’s heart, soul, brains and muscle — the middle- and working-class people who make this nation great — have been beset for too long by sapping economic decline.
So, too, New York breadwinners and families.
Paychecks are shrunken after more than a decade in which the workplace has asked more of wage earners and rewarded them less. The decline has knocked someone at the midpoint of the salary scale back to where he or she would have been in 1996.
Then, the subway fare, still paid by token, was $1.50, gasoline was $1.23 a gallon and the median rent for a stabilized apartment was $600 a month.
Today, the base MetroCard subway fare is $2.25, gasoline is in the $3.90 range and the median stabilized rent is $1,050, with all the increases outpacing wage growth.
A crisis of long duration, the gap between purchasing power and the necessities of life widened after the 2008 meltdown revealed that the U.S. economy was built on toothpicks — and they snapped.
Nine million jobs evaporated. The typical American family saw $50,000 vanish from its net worth, and its median household income dropped by more than $87 a week. New Yorkers got off with a $54 weekly hit.
Our leaders owed us better than lower standards of living, and we must have better if the U.S. is to remain a beacon of prosperity where mothers and fathers can be confident of providing for their children and seeing them climb higher on the ladder.
Revival of the U.S. as a land of opportunity and upward mobility is the central challenge facing the next President.
The question for Americans: Who is more likely to accomplish the mission — Barack Obama or Mitt Romney?
Four years ago, the Daily News endorsed Obama, seeing a historic figure whose intelligence, political skills and empathy with common folk positioned him to build on the small practical experience he would bring to the world’s toughest job. We valued Obama’s pledge to govern with bold pragmatism and bipartisanship.
THE HOPES OF THOSE DAYS WENT UNFULFILLED.
Achingly slow job creation has left the U.S. with 4.3 million fewer positions than provided incomes to Americans in 2007. Half the new jobs have been part-time, lower-wage slots, a trend that has ruinously sped a hollowing of the middle class.
The official unemployment rate stands at 7.9%, marking only the second month below 8% after 43 months above that level. Worse, add people who are working part-time because they have no better choice and the rate leaps to almost 15%. Still worse, add 8 million people who have given up looking for employment and the number who are out of jobs or who are cobbling together hours to scrape by hits some 23 million people.
Only America’s social safety net, record deficits and the Federal Reserve’s unprecedented low-interest policies have kept the label Great Depression II on the shelf.
New Yorkers have fared no better. The state is alone among the 50 in suffering significantly rising unemployment over the last 12 months, with the rate now at 8.9%. The city’s pain index is 8.8%, and the five boroughs have been trading down in salaries.
The trend over the Obama years: Goodbye to middle- and high-income jobs in New York City; hello to positions that pay less than $45,000 a year.

CONTINUED...
Here's a much more meaningful endorsement Jane..........

Mr. Burns endorses Mitt Romney

http://www.youtube.com/watch... #!

"The Simpsons'" evil billionaire explains that the presidency is "the God-given property of the Republican Party"

Lol,,,carries a lot more weight.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 735,721 - 735,740 of1,033,254
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

55 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min DDDD-25 42,956
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 min _Zoey_ 4,026
Music Artists A to Z 10 min _Zoey_ 90
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min Poppo 167,498
Abby 4-17 17 min Mister Tonka 31
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 36 min former res 65,063
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 39 min Stimied 3,776
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Sublime1 96,070
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance