Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
735,281 - 735,300 of 1,099,775 Comments Last updated 2 min ago

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#793992 Nov 4, 2012
ImRight59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever gotten a job from a poor person?
Rich, successful people create businesses that EMPLOY PEOPLE.
What part do you not get?
Apparantly jealousy outrules comprehension.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#793994 Nov 4, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never changed my ID, never had to. I post what I believe, try to be courteous to the nice posters and poke at the hateful ones. I think changing IDs is something that smells of hiding things, kinda like Obama changing his name and refusing to release personal records and info.
However, there seem to be quite a few on here who agree with the things I say so maybe you think I'm one person posting under ALL the conservative poster names. Yeah, that's it.
Stop it dumbazz__no one thinks that. Are you a narcissist like Casey A?

You were centered when posting on those threads__can't hide your racist bullshyte over here can you?

Sad to be you.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#793996 Nov 4, 2012
OzRitz wrote:
<quoted text>
What BS Fred, besides the area of this storm makes Katrina look like a spring shower it is huge. Now even someone with an ounce of common sense realizes that there is not a helicopter available for every house with fuel & other essentials. Only in Fred's world this would exist but with New Orleans with Katrina, they had a big football stadium full of people that the press was streaming live on tv and no helicopters came for days, remember ? Bush looked pretty damn pi$$ poor as a leader in that crisis
Romney: What? Me worry about the climate crisis?
http://action.lcv.org/site/PageNavigator/clim...
Barney Frank

Kent, WA

#793997 Nov 4, 2012
My good friend Obama said that running up 4 Trillion in debt is unpatriotic,So what does that make my boss who is at 6 Trillion and counting
Barney Frank

Kent, WA

#793998 Nov 4, 2012
The only jobs that I care about are Hand and Blow
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#793999 Nov 4, 2012
ImRight59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever gotten a job from a poor person?
Rich, successful people create businesses that EMPLOY PEOPLE.
What part do you not get?
You give blowwwww jobbbbbs?

Are you rich?

As dem would say: just lick the tip a little, pretend I'm your father.

LOL

FVKTARD!!

LOL

Since: Oct 08

Somewhere, Tennessee

#794002 Nov 4, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparantly jealousy outrules comprehension.
Ha!

It's spelled out for them in the Liberal Handbook under "CLASS WARFARE".

Typical liberal mindset.

Somewhere, Tennessee

#794003 Nov 4, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
<quoted text>
You give blowwwww jobbbbbs?
Are you rich?
As dem would say: just lick the tip a little, pretend I'm your father.
LOL
FVKTARD!!
LOL
Predictable juvenile gutter talk from sad liberals.

We conservatives expect nothing more.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#794004 Nov 4, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Tax Policy: You Can’t Handle the Truth
Sahil Kapur reports on something that does not surprise me on two levels:
The author of a Congressional Research Service study, who found no evidence that tax cuts for high income earners lead to economic growth, is standing by his work, after the legislative branch’s nonpartisan research arm withdrew the report under pressure from Republican leaders. And Democratic principals are demanding to know why CRS caved to GOP pressure. CRS quietly and quickly pulled the six-week old report, despite the wishes of the research arm’s economic team, the New York Times reported Thursday ... The study, which TPM and others reported on at the time, delved into the last 65 years of U.S. tax policy — specifically how marginal rates on high incomes and capital gains taxes impact decision-making. It concluded that reducing effective taxes on the rich does not generate economic growth, but that it does correlate with rising income inequality in the short term. The report’s conclusions aren’t terribly controversial in mainstream economics. What Thomas Hungerford wrote has indeed been the consensus view among economists who are not prostituting themselves for Mitt Romney...(More at Econospeak)
Read more: http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/blogspot/Hzoh/...
"leosamapleanus"
The above is a typical leftwingloonnut post, all BULLMANURE!!!!
Peace
yepperz

Aurora, CO

#794006 Nov 4, 2012
Barney Frank wrote:
My good friend Obama said that running up 4 Trillion in debt is unpatriotic,So what does that make my boss who is at 6 Trillion and counting
Barney, i miss you, call me.
Are You Kidding

Riverview, FL

#794007 Nov 4, 2012
GhostofRaygun wrote:
<quoted text>Obama NEVER made the promise of unemployment below 8% or 5.6%. Just more made up lies for the weak minded fools of the GOP to think about. You lying bastards are so pitiful. The ONLY way the GOP can win any election is by lying.
Obama NEVER said 8% or 5.6%.
http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/state...
In January 2009, the office of the president-elect released a study to promote the then-proposed stimulus bill. Titled “The Job Impact of the American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan,” it was written by economists Christina Romer and Jared Bernstein.

Nevertheless, the bottom line is this: Not only did the stimulus not provide the boost that was promised, but the $819 billion hole it blew in the budget only exacerbated economic uncertainty in a nation already worried about its deficit. Under the White House’s own predictions, had Congress done nothing, the economy would be better off.

http://blogs.investors.com/capitalhill/index....

In it, the White House argued that with the stimulus plan, unemployment would peak around 8% by the end of 2009 and would be well below 6% today. If, on the other hand, Congress did not pass the stimulus package, it warned that unemployment would rise to about 9% in 2010 and still be around 6.4% today. The then-Democratic-majority Congress passed the stimulus by the end of the month.

Spokane, WA

#794008 Nov 4, 2012
TSM wrote:
Everything trending in Romney direction, out of 11 newspapers endorsements only one endorse Obama, Former aide to Hillary Clinton endorses – Romney, President's Job Council Advisor Endorses Romney!! Romney crowds Huge; Obama’s crowds shrinking, Republicans enthusiasm High, Democrats offering Pizza, Water!! Romney/Ryan
"TSM"
APPLAUSE!!!!
Peace

Location hidden

#794009 Nov 4, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Eight million gallons being delivered today, twenty eight million gallons enroute for early week delivery. No power is much of the problem and many areas can't be re-powered due to fallen line, damaged transfer stations etc.
Imagine powering up neighborhoods with flooded basements___fires galore only surpassed by electrocutions.
The right wing freaks and their lying azz media, having watched their embassy fantasy evaporate are attempting to make political points off hurricane Sandy.
Reel time how's 'bout comin' into present time?? Kinda difficult for your shallow mind

Spokane, WA

#794010 Nov 4, 2012
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Homosexuality Triggering HIV Escalation
WASHINGTON, While the rates for new cases of HIV, the virus that causes AIDS, have been on the decline among heterosexuals and intravenous drug users, US health officials are expressing alarm at an eight percent increase in HIV rates in homosexual and bisexual men in one year.
Measuring the increase in prevalence of the virus at the US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported that the 8% rise in cases among men who commit sodomy with men,“was statistically significant” for the 33 states that reported on HIV cases, according to the CDC’s publication, Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report.
In addition, the CDC reported that the majority of HIV infections in women were a result of what the organization terms “high risk” sexual behavior, which includes sex with bisexual men, while an estimated 25% of persons living with HIV do not know they are infected.
The CDC cautioned that the increasing HIV rate may be a true reflection of increases in the disease, particularly as the transmission rates are heightened by concurrent infections with sexually transmitted diseases like syphilis – which is also skyrocketing among homosexual men – but “might also reflect increases in HIV testing among [men who have sex with men].” Statistics Canada revealed last year that the rate of syphilis among homosexual men had almost doubled. According to the CDC, people with syphilis are two to five times more likely to transmit or contract HIV than individuals not infected with a sexually transmitted disease.
The CDC also warned that a survey of 15-29-year-old men who engaged in sodomy “reported that the proportion of unrecognized HIV infection was as high as 77%.”
The CDC estimated that, in the 33 US states that reported on HIV incidence, 157,252 persons were diagnosed with HIV/AIDS between, 71% of whom were male. The CDC also noted that the majority of men who contracted the disease were affected through the act of sodomy, 17% through “high-risk” heterosexual contact, and 16% through injection-drug use.
See the CDC’s report:
http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/preview/mmwrhtml/mm54 ...
"Cool Dumb Luke"
You are a bigot. While homosexual activity is abhorent to me the folks have every right to do as they please in the privacy of their bedrooms. They are breaking no laws. Their actions affect you not at all.
Peace
KMA

Ocala, FL

#794011 Nov 4, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Stop it dumbazz__no one thinks that. Are you a narcissist like Casey A?
You were centered when posting on those threads__can't hide your racist bullshyte over here can you?
Sad to be you.
I haven't said anything racist and you're the one thinking I change names and avatars, not me.

You see racism behind every tree and on every street corner. I'm sure there are some things that still happen, but you can't blame EVERYONE. And this country elected a black president so the disapproval of his ability to do his job to protect the American people and the middle class doesn't have anything to do with race, in my opinion.

I do feel it is a shame that the first black man to be elected president has failed us all. I don't think that opinion is racist either.

Ocala, FL

#794012 Nov 4, 2012
bigbamboom wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama 2008= I'll fix everything
Obama 2012= i mean it, I'm going to do it, I'll fix it this time, don't test me, i'm serious
Obama = "Voting is the best revenge."

Romney = "Vote for love of America."

Spokane, WA

#794013 Nov 4, 2012
Cool Hand Luke wrote:
Southern Poverty Law Center belongs on its own "hate group" list
By Bryan Fischer
The American Family Association and the Family Research Council were recently added to the Southern Poverty Law Center's list of "hate" groups.
According to its own website, the criterion for adding groups to the list is "their propagation of known falsehoods" about homosexuality.
I hate to be the one to break this to them, but if this is the criterion, the folks at the Southern Poverty Law Center need to add their own name to the list.
Why? Because they peddle 10 myths about homosexuality right on their own website. They tell ten blatant lies about the nature of homosexual behavior right out there in front of God and everybody.
In other words, they promote the very "propaganda" that qualifies them for their own list. If anybody is guilty of the "propagation of known falsehoods," it's the SPLC itself.
I've gone to considerable lengths in another place to quantify that what the SPLC says are "myths" about homosexuality are in fact truths about the lifestyle, everyone of them.
Here in brief are the "known falsehoods" the SPLC propagates.
1. The SPLC falsely claims that homosexuals do not molest children at higher rates than heterosexuals. But according to the Journal of Sex Research they do. Roughly one-third of all sex offenses against children are carried out by homosexuals despite the fact they comprise just three percent of the population.
2. The SPLC falsely claims that same-sex parents don't harm children. But according to an Australian sociologist, children raised by homosexual parents did worse in nine of 13 academic and social categories compared to children raised by heterosexual married couples.
3. The SPLC says being sexually abused as a child does not lead to homosexuality in adult life. But psychologists are well aware of the powerful imprinting effect of a child's first sexual experience. A child molested by a same-sex adult is profoundly traumatized and scarred by the abuse, and easily becomes confused about his own sexual identity.
4. The SPLC falsely claims that homosexuals live just as long as heterosexuals. But the International Journal of Epidemiology says homosexual behavior knocks "8-20 years" off normal life expectancy, and a gay activist group in Canada, the Canadian Rainbow Health Coalition, declares that the "health issues affecting queer Canadians include lower life expectancy than the average Canadian."
The New York City Health Commission (note: not the research arm of FRC or AFA) has produced a PSA that is so hard-hitting and so devastating for the homosexual agenda that gay activist groups are trying to get the thing pulled down altogether. The text warns homosexuals of the "dozens of diseases" they can contract through homosexual behavior in addition to HIV, including osteoporosis and dementia. Chillingly, it warns gays that they are "over 28 times more likely to get anal cancer" than the general population. The reason for that particular elevated risk factor is obvious.
"Cool Dumb Luke"
You are enough to gag a maggot!!!! Did your boy friend cut you off. Any one who buys in to the crap you spread is one sickdonofabitch.
Peace
KMA

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#794014 Nov 4, 2012
NY Daily News Endorses Mitt Romney
Sunday, 04 Nov 2012

The New York Daily News, the country’s fifth largest newspaper, endorsed Mitt Romney on Sunday, joining the ranks of more than a dozen papers that have turned away from Barack Obama after endorsing his candidacy in 2008.

The paper's endorsement came as a surprise: the News has a staunchly Democratic editorial viewpoint. The Daily News is also owned by one of the country's most respected and influential Democrats, Mort Zuckerman, the billionaire real estate mogul.

But the New York daily staked its arguments against Obama not on politics but the economy, charging that President Obama’s promises went unfulfilled.

“Revival of the U.S. as a land of opportunity and upward mobility is the central challenge facing the next president,” the paper wrote.“The question for Americans: Who is more likely to accomplish the mission — Barack Obama or Mitt Romney?”

“Four years ago, the Daily News endorsed Obama, seeing a historic figure whose intelligence, political skills and empathy with common folk positioned him to build on the small practical experience he would bring to the world’s toughest job. We valued Obama’s pledge to govern with bold pragmatism and bipartisanship. The hopes of those days went unfulfilled.”

The Daily News argued that Obama inherited a difficult economic situation but did not provide the right guidance to lead an economic revival.

“The trend over the Obama years: Goodbye to middle- and high-income jobs in New York City; hello to positions that pay less than $45,000 a year,” the paper wrote.

“Recovery from the disaster that Obama inherited was going to take time. But four years is a long, long slog. Had the president guided a typical upswing, America would by now have regained essentially all its lost jobs. At his present pace, Obama would reach that milestone in the third year of a second term. The regrettable truth is that Obama built a record of miscalculations and missed opportunities,” the Daily News editorial said.

The paper, which is considered the publication of working class New Yorkers, even took Obama to task for Obamacare.

“After originally projecting that the program would produce 4 million more jobs than the country now has, along with a 5 percent jobless rate, Obama pleads that he saved Americans from more dire straits,” it wrote.

“Next came Obamacare. While the country bled jobs, the president battled to establish universal health insurance — without first restraining soaring medical bills. Then he pushed one of the largest social programs in U.S. history through a Democratic-controlled Congress without a single Republican vote. R.I.P. and never to be resurrected — Obama’s promised bipartisanship.”

The Daily News said Romney’s approach to fix the economy would be “stronger”

“Critically, he has tailored his policies to create jobs, jobs, jobs,” the Daily News wrote.

“The centerpieces of Romney’s plan call for spending restraint and rewriting the Internal Revenue code to lower rates by 20 percent. He would make up much of the lost revenue by eliminating deductions and loopholes that have made the tax system a thicket of strangling complexities. On its own, paring the personal and corporate rules to the basics would catalyze business and consumer spending.”

In the end, the paper’s endorsement came down to who could better get the country back on sound economic footing. It concluded its editorial with:

“The presidential imperative of the times is to energize the economy and get deficits under control to empower the working and middle classes to again enjoy the fruits of an ascendant America.

“So the News is compelled to stand with Romney.”

Ocala, FL

#794015 Nov 4, 2012
ImRight59 wrote:
<quoted text>
Predictable juvenile gutter talk from sad liberals.
We conservatives expect nothing more.
Seems to be the ONLY way they can communicate.

Stuck at 12 years old forever.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#794016 Nov 4, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
I've never changed my ID, never had to. I post what I believe, try to be courteous to the nice posters and poke at the hateful ones. I think changing IDs is something that smells of hiding things, kinda like Obama changing his name and refusing to release personal records and info.
However, there seem to be quite a few on here who agree with the things I say so maybe you think I'm one person posting under ALL the conservative poster names. Yeah, that's it.
Walking it back? Admit it. You answered my post to Fred. When I questioned it you were far from courteous. No need for drama and a song and dance routine. No one gives a flyin fck. Speaking of hiding things, where's Mitts tax returns? Isn't Mitt's real name Willard? Lmao.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min LRS 177,335
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 26 min Cali Girl 2014dal 49,448
The Israel Lobby Eliminates Another Critic 44 min Jew Snakes 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 56 min JOEL 68,935
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Silly times 4,662
Engagement Ring 2 hr rodeo3queen 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr truth-facts 46,292
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info