Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

I am smarter than Obama

Alto, NM

#794204 Nov 4, 2012
34 year old Black Mother tips 3 year old into African dog exhibit in Pittsburgh zoo; expecting the boy to be relatively unharmed. She placed him on the railing and he "Lost" his balance (with a little help from her) ;
she expected the results to be The normal black mans overly healthy fear of dogs along with a few bites and scratches, AND MILLIONS IN HER BANK ACCOUNT

the thing backfired on her ; now her kid is Dead

Obama is the same way, so is Mochelle,.. they are all the same, worthless Blacks Trying to Scam the system

why don't you putrid scumbags move back to Africa
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#794205 Nov 4, 2012
Tournefort wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about "rage"...
"Bill Maher on HBO’s Real Time outdid himself last night.
Maher warned Romney voters:
“If you’re thinking about voting for Mitt Romney, I would like to make this one plea: black people know who you are and they will come after you.”
"Michael Moore’s Latest Ad: Dems To Burn America Down if Romney wins. Media Michael Moore’s Latest Ad Vows to ‘C**k Punch’ Mitt Romney" http://www.alipac.us/f9/michael-moore%92s-lat...
"Obama Supporters Continue Threats To Riot, Assassinate Romney
Secret Service attention fails to dampen violent Twitter comments"
Despite the issue garnering a significant amount of media interest as well as the attention of the Secret Service, Obama supporters continued their threats to riot and assassinate Mitt Romney if Obama loses in the aftermath of last night’s presidential debate.
As we reported last week, Twitter has been flooded recently with violent comments from Obama supporters. The increase in volume of the comments seemed to coincide with Romney’s poll numbers edging higher against Obama.
Not only have Obama voters been making open threats that they will riot and cause mayhem, they have also been caught making direct threats to assassinate Mitt Romney, prompting the Secret Service to announce that it was “aware” of the threats and would “conduct appropriate follow up if necessary.”
http://www.infowars.com/obama-supporters-cont...
Where're the calls for civility from the president???
Let's just call it all a big joke.

It's what Rush does every time he says something that he really didn't mean.

hey! don't blow me sh1t! at least it's right wing ground rules!
James Madison

Birmingham, AL

#794206 Nov 4, 2012
Obama has become everything he ran against in 2008.
carol

Orlando, FL

#794207 Nov 4, 2012
NBC/WSJ: Good news for Romney: Comfort level, the economy.

The good news for Romney in this national poll is that 53 percent of likely voters are comfortable with the idea of him as president, which ties Obama’s percentage on this question (although 39 percent are “very comfortable” with Obama versus 26 percent who are “very comfortable” with Romney).

Also, Romney is ahead of Obama among independents, 47 percent to 40 percent.

And the former Massachusetts governor leads Obama by five points on which candidate is better prepared to create jobs and grow the economy, 47 percent to 42 percent.

http://firstread.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/11/04...

Even though NBC/WSJ poll shows Obama/Romney virtually neck and neck.
cway

United States

#794208 Nov 4, 2012
Tournefort wrote:
<quoted text>
Talk about "rage"...
"Bill Maher on HBO’s Real Time outdid himself last night.
Maher warned Romney voters:
“If you’re thinking about voting for Mitt Romney, I would like to make this one plea: black people know who you are and they will come after you.”
"Michael Moore’s Latest Ad: Dems To Burn America Down if Romney wins. Media Michael Moore’s Latest Ad Vows to ‘C**k Punch’ Mitt Romney" http://www.alipac.us/f9/michael-moore%92s-lat...
"Obama Supporters Continue Threats To Riot, Assassinate Romney
Secret Service attention fails to dampen violent Twitter comments"
Despite the issue garnering a significant amount of media interest as well as the attention of the Secret Service, Obama supporters continued their threats to riot and assassinate Mitt Romney if Obama loses in the aftermath of last night’s presidential debate.
As we reported last week, Twitter has been flooded recently with violent comments from Obama supporters. The increase in volume of the comments seemed to coincide with Romney’s poll numbers edging higher against Obama.
Not only have Obama voters been making open threats that they will riot and cause mayhem, they have also been caught making direct threats to assassinate Mitt Romney, prompting the Secret Service to announce that it was “aware” of the threats and would “conduct appropriate follow up if necessary.”
http://www.infowars.com/obama-supporters-cont...
Where're the calls for civility from the president???
The threats are most likely coming from Romney supporters masquerading as pro-Obama types.

This is an old Black Op tactic that the right in general is fond of.

Try to remember which party broke into the Florida recount centers in 2000 and beat up the employees there. They were Republican staffers organized into goon squads.

Also, try to remember who was making threats and breaking the windows of Democrat headquarter offices after Healthcare reform passed.

Finally, which side has all the armed militias working on its behalf?
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#794209 Nov 4, 2012
Some of those Obama supporters in Harlem believed that McCain and Palin are candidates in 2012 and that Romney is a Muslim, Obama is a Mormon and Paul Ryan is black.The Democratic Party should make a sequel to Dumb and Dumber because they already have a great cast. God help us.


Romney/Ryan 2012
Florida

Tampa, FL

#794210 Nov 4, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>Go or it.
We wouldn't want you anti_Americans here anyhow.
Wealth could always leave, dumbass. According to morons like you, they all would have left under Clinton.
Why didn't they?
For every good reason you lie and makeup delusional lame excuses real idiot, Florida has a better reason to tell the truth you communist... you RealDave a socialist retard...
-
Jack Boots... anti_Americans... The appropriate name for the modern day National Socialist Democratic Party... Sellouts... America's enemy..
-
&fe ature=related
-
It's the culture...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#794211 Nov 4, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
SET 'EM UP AN' KNOCK 'EM DOWN
can we get you a bigger barrel?
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#794212 Nov 4, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Show me a dumbass who doesn't know the free phone thing was done in the early 80'as & I'll you you another uninformed lying POS Republican voter.
But cellphones didn't become popular with the "bros" until the late '90s.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#794215 Nov 4, 2012
After endorsing Barack Obama for president in 2008,the NY Daily News, the fifth largest newspaper, endorses Mitt Romney for president in 2012.
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#794216 Nov 4, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
Some of those Obama supporters in Harlem believed that McCain and Palin are candidates in 2012 and that Romney is a Muslim, Obama is a Mormon and Paul Ryan is black.The Democratic Party should make a sequel to Dumb and Dumber because they already have a great cast. God help us.
Romney/Ryan 2012
Fortunately everybody in Harlem is a convicted felon so they can't vote anyway.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#794218 Nov 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
We have nothing to lose by giving Romney the chance to do what he says he will do. Absolutely nothing. And everything to gain.
Really,a return to the Bush policies, a voucher system for medicare, privatized SS, privatized FEMA, education cuts, Tax breaks for the wealthy, taxes higher for everyone else, War in Iran, dirtier air & water, nothing on climate change, Women could no longer choose, employers get to decide if your health insurance provides contraception, Return of the medicare doughnut hole, Kids thrown of their parents policies, Return of pre-existing conditions, Return of a reckless Wall Street.

5 trillion in added debt for the tax cuts alone. Another two trillion in debt for the increase in military spending.

Tax free shipping of jobs overseas.

Romney has already insulted Great Briton, all of Europe, every Arab nation, Russia, & China.

He called firemen, retired people, disable people, people hurt in the Bush recession irresponsible.

He made fun of the unemployed.

The guy has lied about his position on every issue.

Mitt Romney knows how to create jobs as much as John McCain knew how to win wars.

I can't believe that the right will settle for Mitt Romney.

cway

United States

#794219 Nov 4, 2012
I am smarter than Obama wrote:
34 year old Black Mother tips 3 year old into African dog exhibit in Pittsburgh zoo; expecting the boy to be relatively unharmed. She placed him on the railing and he "Lost" his balance (with a little help from her) ;
she expected the results to be The normal black mans overly healthy fear of dogs along with a few bites and scratches, AND MILLIONS IN HER BANK ACCOUNT
the thing backfired on her ; now her kid is Dead
Obama is the same way, so is Mochelle,.. they are all the same, worthless Blacks Trying to Scam the system
why don't you putrid scumbags move back to Africa
GOP racist pig.

Take note, Florida.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#794220 Nov 4, 2012
Don’t Worry About Black Folks Rioting if Obama Loses, Because He Won’t Lose the Election

Before last night’s presidential debate, my friends over at bat-shit crazy central, otherwise known as The Drudge Report, ran a pretty interesting story. I’m not sure of what they were trying to accomplish, but they promoted a story that said that black folks would be rioting once President Obama fails to win reelection. Now that I think about it, maybe their intent was to be sort of like the right-wing nutjob advance warning system.

Given that some of my non-melanin friends tend to scare easily, there’s nothing like a,“Hurry up and get those guns and bullets ‘cuz there’s a race war a’comin’,” type of story from the far right. Which is really funny when you think about the “Obama’s gonna take our guns” hysteria once Obama was elected.

....However, I see a lot of white folks committing suicide once Obama wins. And why? Because his victory would dash all hopes of them finally becoming rich by osmosis by having a very wealthy white man in office. If you ask me, my right-wing friends are better off with the strategy of scaring their employees into voting for Romney by threatening them with possible unemployment should Obama win. Why? Because it’s probably more effective than stoking the fires of racial animus with all this talk of a pending race war. But at the end of the day, I suppose they can’t help it.

http://www.rippdemup.com/2012/10/dont-worry-a...

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#794221 Nov 4, 2012
Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>But cellphones didn't become popular with the "bros" until the late '90s.
The program has always been there for the past 25 years. you were just too ignorant to know it.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#794222 Nov 4, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's just call it all a big joke.
It's what Rush does every time he says something that he really didn't mean.
hey! don't blow me sh1t! at least it's right wing ground rules!


Obama is making the exact same promises he made in 2008 and in some cases word for word. It is like watching a B movie rerun.

http://thehayride.com/2012/09/maybe-the-best-...
Florida

Tampa, FL

#794223 Nov 4, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
When all else fails, resort to stereotypes.
Mexico has benefited by exporting its social and ignorant elements to bankrupt Morono Valley California...
-
It's the culture...

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#794225 Nov 4, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>really? cell phones in the 80's? I had no idea.
I said phone. Try to keep up.
Florida

Tampa, FL

#794226 Nov 4, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Really,a return to the Bush policies, a voucher system for medicare, privatized SS, privatized FEMA, education cuts, Tax breaks for the wealthy, taxes higher for everyone else, War in Iran, dirtier air & water, nothing on climate change, Women could no longer choose, employers get to decide if your health insurance provides contraception, Return of the medicare doughnut hole, Kids thrown of their parents policies, Return of pre-existing conditions, Return of a reckless Wall Street.
5 trillion in added debt for the tax cuts alone. Another two trillion in debt for the increase in military spending.
Tax free shipping of jobs overseas.
Romney has already insulted Great Briton, all of Europe, every Arab nation, Russia, & China.
He called firemen, retired people, disable people, people hurt in the Bush recession irresponsible.
He made fun of the unemployed.
The guy has lied about his position on every issue.
Mitt Romney knows how to create jobs as much as John McCain knew how to win wars.
I can't believe that the right will settle for Mitt Romney.
Obama parties in Las Vegas, lies to America as New Yorkers dumpster-dive for food and are dying... and RealDave is crying out loud and whining....
-
It's the culture...
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#794227 Nov 4, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Really,a return to the Bush policies, a voucher system for medicare, privatized SS, privatized FEMA, education cuts, Tax breaks for the wealthy, taxes higher for everyone else, War in Iran, dirtier air & water, nothing on climate change, Women could no longer choose, employers get to decide if your health insurance provides contraception, Return of the medicare doughnut hole, Kids thrown of their parents policies, Return of pre-existing conditions, Return of a reckless Wall Street.
5 trillion in added debt for the tax cuts alone. Another two trillion in debt for the increase in military spending.
Tax free shipping of jobs overseas.
Romney has already insulted Great Briton, all of Europe, every Arab nation, Russia, & China.
He called firemen, retired people, disable people, people hurt in the Bush recession irresponsible.
He made fun of the unemployed.
The guy has lied about his position on every issue.
Mitt Romney knows how to create jobs as much as John McCain knew how to win wars.
I can't believe that the right will settle for Mitt Romney.
Heck I would settle for a monkey throwing darts over the pretender to the throne who we now have. He conned the people in 2008 with promises he didn't even try to keep. If his name was President Pinocchio his nose would be so long he could go to the 2016 Olympics as a pole vaulter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 1 hr boundary painter 1,175
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr boundary painter 1,650
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Jacques in Orleans 187,864
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr boundary painter 876
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr boundary painter 5,212
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr boundary painter 1,382
Are Jews Robbing America (May '10) 1 hr ken laye 7
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]