Misconception of the 1% by Repubs of exactly how rich the top few are:<quoted text>
Obama will break the middle class when Obamacare kicks in. There aren't enough rich people to take up the slack.
The popular misconception is that 1% is a lot of people in a population of this size. It's actually a relatively small number. And they are being taxed out the wazoo already.
Stimulating the economy means providing incentives to those who can do it best.
More jobs = more taxes = more revenues. More people having more money to spend puts more back into the economy.
I'm really trying here, Homer. It's the 11th hour to try and get you to take off those blinders.
1. The Top 1 Percent Of Americans Owns 40 Percent Of The Nation’s Wealth.
2. The Top 1 Percent Of Americans Take Home 24 Percent Of National Income.
3. The Top 1 Percent Of Americans Own Half Of The Country’s Stocks, Bonds, And Mutual Funds.
4. The Top 1 Percent Of Americans Have Only 5 Percent Of The Nation’s Personal Debt:
5. The Top 1 Percent Are Taking In More Of The Nation’s Income Than At Any Other Time Since The 1920s:
6. The absolute top 1%. The richest 400 people in America have more wealth than the first 150 million Americans COMBINED.
7. The top 400 have a combined wealth of $1.7 Trillion.
8. The top 400 pay an average income tax of 15%.
9. 6 of the top 400 richest in the US paid ZERO income tax in 2011.