Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
FIRE THE GOP

Lillington, NC

#793445 Nov 4, 2012
LOL!!!

yeah! Looked like 4 people showed up at Romney's rally last night. Sad. For him!! He sckkkks that bad!

VOTE FOR OBAMA!! carol get a clue! fred? F U OK?
truth wrote:
Did you see your turncoats christy?
When he ran up to Obama's plane,

He looked like the p dough boy wrapped in a curtain!
He kissed Obama's azzzzzz so hard,
Romney got hemmmmmmroids!

LOL
LOL
LOL
laugh report morons..... It's over. Romney is a loser.
All those billions wasted on that POS!!!
Can't donate it now,
At least laugh!!
PRESIDENT OBAMA: FOUR MORE YEARS!!!! THANKS BRO!!!
<quoted text>
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#793446 Nov 4, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
One poll says one thing, another poll says another thing.
One article says one thing, another article says another thing.
We've all made up our minds and argue about why. None of us will probably change our minds either...most have probably already voted.
Those who cannot speak in an adult manner think they win arguments by calling names when they can't think of anything to say. I think that only may work SOMETIMES in kindergarten.
I too will be glad when this is over. Of course, it'll be all over except the "bitchin" by one side or the other.
:)
Everybody lies in polls. I've participated in two and said I was voting for Obama both times just because those phone calls piss me off.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#793447 Nov 4, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
ROMNEY/RYAN et al 2012
Simply because of th qualified EXPERIENCE required for REAL Leadership for ALL of America again-NOT just some!
That's nice.

Chris Christie is Barack Obama's BFF, now supporting and campaigning for Obama!!

You were right, Christie is a cut above the average neanderthal wingnut!!

And now it comes out that Christie was Romney's first choice for VP!!

I'm lovin' it!!

----------

""Politico reports Christie was Romney's first veep choice""

""The on-again, off-again public love fest between Gov. Chris Christie and Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney is examined today in a long article in Politico.

The online news organization quotes campaign insiders as saying Christie was Romney’s first choice for vice president on the Republican ticket. Romney was so close to picking Christie, Politico reports, that advisors at Romney's Boston headquarters believed he had offered the governor the job.

The story reports that Christie was one of the campaign's favorite surrogates, but that they started souring on him when he showed up late to a few events. Even worse, they feared Christie's brash attitude and tendency to speak his mind would be a liability in the West Wing, leading them to settle on the more understated Paul Ryan.
""

----------

Romney lost Christie, and now Christie will help Obama get re-elected!!

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

#793448 Nov 4, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Hurricane Sandy helped Obama politically, Karl Rove says
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/w...
Sorry I wasn't clear. I was speaking of what Chris Christie did or didn't do or say about the president's visit.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#793449 Nov 4, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
But he is winning, Carol
I heard an interesting quote--watching two documentaries last night-one on Romney and one on Obama.

The particular quote was referencing the debate over the stimulus package and the wide spread hesitancy to hand out more dollars for the failures in auto industry to waste. A significant incline to the national debt. A repeat of what had already been done.
The quote was a pretty good indicator of the past four years of obamunism strong arm commie type tactics- on obamas stance on pushing MORE debt onto the American public and his response in reasoning for doing it was "I won".

Even the "pro-documentary" makers-had a problem with that.

And well they should.

It was childish, arrogent, self-serving and blaring as to the level of "intelligence" that REALLY exists within.

Kind of sad and pathetic really--just like the past four years have been.

ROMNEY/RYAN et al 2012
Because America needs some REAL Leadership again!
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#793450 Nov 4, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious. If they supported your candidate would you be saying these words?
I've never been a big fan of either of these men and as I'm watching the fiasco in N.Y. and N.J., people starving, freezing, dying, due to these union-owned politicians' incompetence, I'd have to say "yes".

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#793451 Nov 4, 2012
Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Everybody lies in polls. I've participated in two and said I was voting for Obama both times just because those phone calls piss me off.
Sure you did. Is this like your millitary service lies??

Like we could believe a dumb hateful racist would ever say he was voting for Obama.

HAHAHAHA

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#793452 Nov 4, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>Two evangelical friends said yesterday "I'm voting for Romney because he's anti abortion and gay marriage"

That's it, in a nutshell. They have no concept of Mitt and his shenanigans, nor do they care that he's a liar. The Christian rightwing votes on abortion and gay marriage. Nothing else.
I think race is the reason most of the old geezers in my town are voting Republican. I've talked to a couple of the old guys when they aren't with the rest of the coffee drinking gang. They agree, and would rather "go with the flow" and keep things status quo. I'm not from the town so can ask questions like this. The leader of the group has rebel flags plastered all over his minivan. He use to speak to me before the election.
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#793453 Nov 4, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
ROMNEY/RYAN et al 2012
Simply because of th qualified EXPERIENCE required for REAL Leadership for ALL of America again-NOT just some!
A vote for Romney is a vote for LEADERSHIP!
A vote for Obama is a vote for REVENGE!

Location hidden

#793454 Nov 4, 2012
Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, just what America wants. a 70-year-old worn out hag in the White House.
I was just thinking the same; she's aged alot in the last four years.

Ocala, FL

#793455 Nov 4, 2012
keyedup wrote:
<quoted text>
SORRY LOSER SCHOOL'S OUT EARLY I HAVE THINGS TO DO UNLIKE YOU!!!!!!!!
Whale Harbor Inn has a breakfast buffet today
I WIN AGAIN
WORLD ENDS FOR TEABAGS NOV 7 2012 3 MORE DAYS LOSERS
Do your parents take you every Sunday? Hope you don't throw hate around them like you do on here.

Since: Feb 10

ny ny

#793456 Nov 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
The economy usually gets better when a Republican Congress is in control of spending and a Democrat president moves center.
It usually gets worse when a Democrat Congress is in control of spending and a Democrat president remains immoveably far left.
Things didn't get any better with a Democrat Congress and a Democrat president for two years. Neither has it gotten any better with a Democrat controlled Senate and a Democrat president the past two years - 2 out of 3 stacked against Republicans.
It's amazing you can't see that. The only hope we have is if Republicans win back the Senate and keep the House - when it's stacked 2 out of 3 against the president if Obama should win. That's what happened under Clinton.
The housing market crisis was something altogether different since both parties ignored the warnings.
A Democrat Congress was in control of spending before it happened, but it's easier to blame a Republican president who issued the warnings.
Good morning.
More fact twisting from the Topix pretzel.

Economic data show more growth under Democrats...

Mitt Romney routinely criticizes President Obama’s record as a steward of the economy, because the recovery since the financial crisis has been slow.

If he is elected, Romney says, he would boost economic growth to 4 percent, double the current level — a rate that would outdo every Republican administration going back to 1953.

But despite the view held by many that the GOP is the party of economic prosperity and soaring stock markets, the opposite has historically been true. Over the past six decades, Republican administrations have produced median economic growth of 2.6 percent. Democratic administrations, meanwhile, have produced a median growth rate of 4.2 percent.

SOURCE: STANDARD & POOR’S; FIGURES THROUGH SEPT. 4; NED DAVIS RESEARCH; GRAPHIC: GEROGE PATISTEAS/GLOBE STAFF

“The market actually does better under Democrats than Republicans, not just the S&P 500, but earnings and the economy,’’ said Sam Stovall, chief equity strategist at S&P Capital IQ.

An even closer parsing of financial data reveals another surprising fact: Markets have been at their best when there’s a Democratic president and a Republican Congress. Historically, that combination has turned out 15 percent average annual returns, compared with 5 percent returns with a Republican president and Democrat-controlled Congress.

Another popular line of argument is that the economy and stock markets fare well under Democratic presidents because of policies that were put in place by their Republican predecessors.

Romney has argued that tax cuts, not government spending, are best for fueling economic growth. Under President George W. Bush, who implemented a number of tax cuts, corporate earnings grew at a median 14.2 percent annually from 2001 to 2008. Under Obama, they have risen 51.8 percent.

http://bostonglobe.com/business/2012/11/01/st...

"Them's the facts".
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#793457 Nov 4, 2012
FIRE THE GOP wrote:
LOL!!!
yeah! Looked like 4 people showed up at Romney's rally last night. Sad. For him!! He sckkkks that bad!
VOTE FOR OBAMA!! carol get a clue! fred? F U OK?
<quoted text>
And what the sane, GROWN UP, non-twisted and non-sickly warped people saw---(Reality)

For once-Obama looked like he was actually a part of something that any potus SHOULD be-REAL GOVERNMENT and Leadership in action!!

Opotus OWES Christie BIG TIME for the favor.

ROMNEY/RYAN/CHRSITIE(ROCKS!) et al 2012!
REAL LEaddership FOR America again!

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#793458 Nov 4, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
You really want Biden to be one step away from the presidency another four years?
That alone is worth rethinking your vote.
Better than the sniveling weasel Paul Ryan.

Paul Ryan spent 8 years voting for the Bush policies that created this mess & doubled the debt & now parades around the country bitching about that debt.

Romney Ryan are nothing but lying shysters.

We had the balance budget you scream about Carol. Who voted to take us off that path. I have news, it weren't the Democrats.

It was YOUR party.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#793459 Nov 4, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I wasn't clear. I was speaking of what Chris Christie did or didn't do or say about the president's visit.
Rove: "Obama has temporarily been a bipartisan figure this week."

Location hidden

#793460 Nov 4, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>That doesn't absolve them of the responsibility for those deaths.

If someone goes out drinking and kills a van full of family, they are still guilty of the deaths. If they leave the scene, it is still an attempt at coverup. and when they go to trial, they are still found guilty and still pay the price. Same difference. They certainly didn't walk into the bar "intending" to kill someone, but it is totally their fault the family is dead because of their choices.
What a silly analogy. Comparing the drunk operator of a motor vehicle to the Commander in Chief? Far, far fetched.

Ocala, FL

#793461 Nov 4, 2012
Romney-Ryan 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>How can that be when people are still dying in N.Y. and N.J. due to his administration's incompetence? The death toll is now up to 113. More Washington Post liberal spin.
As per usual, Obama talked a good game at the beginning of this miss. Now the actualities of the situation are proving otherwise.

Location hidden

#793462 Nov 4, 2012
Romney Tax Plan:

http://www.romneytaxplan.com

this is funny

Location hidden

#793463 Nov 4, 2012
abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>It's not slanderous if it's true. BTW, Obama has more than slandered Romney and misstated Romney's presidential platform many times. So get over it.
Obama misstated Romney's platform? You mean Romney misstated Romney's platform!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#793464 Nov 4, 2012
What's the state of mind this weekend of the conservative outrage machine? With regard to liberals, I think it's fair to say as of Saturday that most of us (excepting your allowed-for percentage of nervous nellies) expect Barack Obama to win. If he somehow doesn't, we'll be surprised and deeply depressed. But provided the outcome doesn't involve some kind of Florida-style shenanigans, in a couple days' time, we'll come to terms with it.

Meanwhile--conservatives? I think that they are certain that Mitt Romney will win and that all information to the contrary is a pack of lies; that they will be completely shocked and outraged if he doesn't; that, if he loses, it will be the inevitable product of foul play; and that therefore they'll immediately start scouring the landscape looking for parties to blame and will keep themselves in a state suspended agitation for...days, weeks, four years, forever. Which wouldn't matter to the rest of us but for the fact that they'll continue to have the power to screw up the country.

The conservatives I read, and certainly my conservative commenters, just can't wait for Tuesday, when the American people will arise out of their torpor and finally send Obama to the dugout. I'm continually struck--nay, impressed, even--by the iron certainty with which they say this, and by their unswerving ability to pluck out the favorable polls (getting fewer and farther between, incidentally) and throw a bucket of ice-cold water on the ones they don't like.

Objective reality says Obama is ahead. But to conservatives, there's always something wrong in objective-reality land, always a reason to claim that the world is in fact spinning in the opposite direction. Quinnipiac has too many Democrats! PPP is a Democratic firm! This one oversampled blacks, that one Latinos. And of course, these objections are never merely just stated. They're the rhetorical equivalent of dirty nuclear bombs. Conservatives on Twitter howl derisively at these polls as if their purveyors are offering alchemical cures for venereal disease.

We're all prey to "confirmation bias," as Paul Waldman called it in his American Prospect column Friday. We look at the polls that we know will be more likely to show the result we want to see. With Republicans, that has meant Rasmussen, obviously, and Gallup. With liberals it has meant...well, virtually every other polling operation under God's golden sun, more often than not, because the simple fact remains that Obama has led in most polls for a year, nationwide and statewide.

But there's confirmation bias, and there's denial. Pennsylvania is up for grabs? If you say so, wingosphere. But Obama's led in 53 straight polls there, journalist Eric Boehlert tweeted yesterday. In the last two days we've seen about 20 different state polls. Obama led in 18. If my guy were on the business end of results like those, I'd be psychologically preparing myself.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/11...

If Obama wins, the excuses will start coming; the excuses will mushroom into reasons why the victory was illegitimate; then the next mission will be to oppose Obama at every turn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Patriot AKA Bozo 46,985
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 min Frijoles 69,483
A short math question. I will reply with answer... 27 min Whats the Bulb An... 8
Rattlesnake Logic 40 min HomeGrownTerrorism 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 52 min Ralph 98,343
Amy - 9-29-2014 55 min Ralph 28
Abby 9-30 57 min Ralph 8
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Cancer On The pRe... 178,580

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]