Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1277388 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#793230 Nov 3, 2012
worker wrote:
<quoted text>
This is what it took to fix the economy that was left him from the Republican party.
Obama/Biden 2012 I am working again with lots of overtime since he has become President.
Obama is so concerned about the American economy that he can't wait to give away more tax dollars to foreign countries.

http://thehill.com/opinion/columnists/dick-mo...

Good for you, Mademoiselle Fifi! You get to contribute overtime tax dollars to his "redistribution of wealth" program. Do you like the concept of providing welfare to the entire world?
worker

United States

#793231 Nov 3, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think he "knew"! LOL That is even more reason not to make promises. Are you going to take a job without knowing your budget, deficit, etc.?
No one knew. That is what the Republican party does to the economy. This isn't a guess, this is what happens when they are in control. The economy gets better when Democrats get contral and it gets worse when Republicans get control. Now maybe you are one of those rich people and that is not the people that I am talking about. I beleive as President Obama believes, that the country does well when the middle class does well. That is day & night compared to the Republican party. Just look, Romney wants to cut taxes by 20%, which gives 95% of the tax cut to the rich. No Brainer

Obama/Biden 2012 for a brighter future for the middle class

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#793232 Nov 3, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't think he "knew"! LOL That is even more reason not to make promises. Are you going to take a job without knowing your budget, deficit, etc.?
Most capitalists do -- which is why there is a truism stating 'most businesses fail within the first year'.

If one can beat those odds, one soldiers on, and eventually ends up self-sufficient, even unto death and the skirting of tax law.

He who dies with the most toys wins.

Have you learned nothing?
Soldiers of Fortune

United States

#793233 Nov 3, 2012
worker wrote:
<quoted text>
I would say that he and many other didn't relize how bad Bush left it.
Obama/Biden 2012 for a future for the middle class.
I know... President Bush's unemployment was in the 5% range!

Obama promised 5.4.%It has been 43 solid months of record unemployment!

FOOD Stamps up to 47 million! This is just fantastic!
Independent

Pompano Beach, FL

#793234 Nov 3, 2012
Even if Obama is re-elected, those of us who are not voting for Obama, should give ourselves a big pat on the back for standing up for what we believe in and for not voting for Obama.

Obama still refuses to answer for 4 Americans who were killed in benghazi. We have an ostrich for a President. Buries his head in the sand about everything.
worker

United States

#793235 Nov 3, 2012
Soldiers of Fortune wrote:
<quoted text>
I know... President Bush's unemployment was in the 5% range!
Obama promised 5.4.%It has been 43 solid months of record unemployment!
FOOD Stamps up to 47 million! This is just fantastic!
When the Republican party left the country is such bad shape, this is what it takes to fix when Republicans make it that bad. I suggest you read about the great Depression and see how long it took to fix the problem. If you just think about it you will surmise how hard it is to get a economy going again. It isn't tax breaks to the rich because they would take it to somewhere that has less risk. It took the government to do it. They care about the country where business care about the dollar. It really is easy to understand. You just need to open your mind.

Obama/Biden for the whole Country USA
worker

United States

#793237 Nov 3, 2012
Independent wrote:
Even if Obama is re-elected, those of us who are not voting for Obama, should give ourselves a big pat on the back for standing up for what we believe in and for not voting for Obama.
Obama still refuses to answer for 4 Americans who were killed in benghazi. We have an ostrich for a President. Buries his head in the sand about everything.
I would counter by saying that Romney hasn't answered any questions, about what he is proposing, in the last 3 weeks. If you don't understand that "Here is your sign"

Obama/Biden 2012
Are You Kidding

West Palm Beach, FL

#793239 Nov 4, 2012
worker wrote:
<quoted text>
No one knew. That is what the Republican party does to the economy. This isn't a guess, this is what happens when they are in control. The economy gets better when Democrats get contral and it gets worse when Republicans get control. Now maybe you are one of those rich people and that is not the people that I am talking about. I beleive as President Obama believes, that the country does well when the middle class does well. That is day & night compared to the Republican party. Just look, Romney wants to cut taxes by 20%, which gives 95% of the tax cut to the rich. No BrainerObama/Biden 2012 for a brighter future for the middle class
CBS
(CBS News) The National Debt has now increased more during President Obama's three years and two months in office than it did during 8 years of the George W. Bush presidency.

The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush presidency. It has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President Obama took office.

The latest posting from the Bureau of Public Debt at the Treasury Department shows the National Debt now stands at $15.566 trillion. It was $10.626 trillion on President Bush's last day in office, which coincided with President Obama's first day.

The National Debt also now exceeds 100% of the nation's Gross Domestic Product, the total value of goods and services.

Mr. Obama has been quick to blame his predecessor for the soaring Debt, saying Mr. Bush paid for two wars and a Medicare prescription drug program with borrowed funds.

If Mr. Obama wins re-election, and his budget projections prove accurate, the National Debt will top $20 trillion in 2016, the final year of his second term. That would mean the Debt increased by 87 percent, or $9.34 trillion, during his two terms.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-574003 ...
worker

United States

#793240 Nov 4, 2012
Are You Kidding wrote:
<quoted text>
CBS
(CBS News) The National Debt has now increased more during President Obama's three years and two months in office than it did during 8 years of the George W. Bush presidency.
The Debt rose $4.899 trillion during the two terms of the Bush presidency. It has now gone up $4.939 trillion since President Obama took office.
The latest posting from the Bureau of Public Debt at the Treasury Department shows the National Debt now stands at $15.566 trillion. It was $10.626 trillion on President Bush's last day in office, which coincided with President Obama's first day.
The National Debt also now exceeds 100% of the nation's Gross Domestic Product, the total value of goods and services.
Mr. Obama has been quick to blame his predecessor for the soaring Debt, saying Mr. Bush paid for two wars and a Medicare prescription drug program with borrowed funds.
If Mr. Obama wins re-election, and his budget projections prove accurate, the National Debt will top $20 trillion in 2016, the final year of his second term. That would mean the Debt increased by 87 percent, or $9.34 trillion, during his two terms.
http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-574003 ...
I guess that what you don't understand is that the only enitity that could fix our economy is the government. Yes there is a high deficeit. I really would have wanted President Obama to become Presient after President Clinton where there was a surplus. Not what Bush left President Obama, a deficeit. Yes the country would have been in alot better condition if we would have not voted in a Republican after a Democrat had fixed things. President Obama is fixing the economy. Each day there are signs that it is getting better. All I can say is to those middle class voters that listened to people that talked them into voting for Bush and want to tell them who to vote for, now. They should ignor them. They are the ones that are bad for the middle class and the country.

Obama/Biden 2012
worker

United States

#793241 Nov 4, 2012
Here is something you can digest.
http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/
Before you mention that this is bias, look up the percentage of correctness in the last Presidential election and then tell us about the libral news bias.

Obama/Biden I am getting read for a brighter middle class.
Voter

Pompano Beach, FL

#793242 Nov 4, 2012
And if Obama wins another 4 years, who is to say that the national debt wont go beyond 20 trillion? And what about the Biden factor? he would be in a position to run for President in 2016. Do you think Joe Biden can dig us out of 20 plus trillions dollars in debt? What about protecting our national security? he laughs at everything now as it is. Lies too just like Obama.

"Are You Kidding" is right. Any time Obama refuses to accept responsibility for his failures, an Obama troll blames Romney and the Republicans rather than just admit that he does not have the skills to dig us out financially. If someone else has the ability and the willingness to try, then step aside and let him try to help.

worker

United States

#793243 Nov 4, 2012
Voter wrote:
And if Obama wins another 4 years, who is to say that the national debt wont go beyond 20 trillion? And what about the Biden factor? he would be in a position to run for President in 2016. Do you think Joe Biden can dig us out of 20 plus trillions dollars in debt? What about protecting our national security? he laughs at everything now as it is. Lies too just like Obama.
"Are You Kidding" is right. Any time Obama refuses to accept responsibility for his failures, an Obama troll blames Romney and the Republicans rather than just admit that he does not have the skills to dig us out financially. If someone else has the ability and the willingness to try, then step aside and let him try to help.
I think that as long as we don't get Republicans in there, the deficeit will go down. It will go down faster if we get less Republicans in Congress. Now I am going by recent history so what tea leave are you going buy.
Obama/Biden 2012
Are You Kidding

West Palm Beach, FL

#793244 Nov 4, 2012
worker wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess that what you don't understand is that the only enitity that could fix our economy is the government. Yes there is a high deficeit. I really would have wanted President Obama to become Presient after President Clinton where there was a surplus. Not what Bush left President Obama, a deficeit. Yes the country would have been in alot better condition if we would have not voted in a Republican after a Democrat had fixed things. President Obama is fixing the economy. Each day there are signs that it is getting better. All I can say is to those middle class voters that listened to people that talked them into voting for Bush and want to tell them who to vote for, now. They should ignor them. They are the ones that are bad for the middle class and the country.
Obama/Biden 2012
I guess we will have to wait and see. Blaming Bush for Obama's failures doesn't help anyone. I hope you realize the amount of tax increases the middle class will deal with after the first of the year when Obama plans to end Bush's tax cuts and when Obamacare taxes kick in. And remember how many "rich" will go elsewhere due to the increase of taxes. 53% of Americans are currently paying taxes for 100%. That will decrease more and there will be fewer paying taxes than monies going out for entitlements. It soon catches up.

Romney/Ryan 2012
Are You Kidding

West Palm Beach, FL

#793245 Nov 4, 2012
worker wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that as long as we don't get Republicans in there, the deficeit will go down. It will go down faster if we get less Republicans in Congress. Now I am going by recent history so what tea leave are you going buy.
Obama/Biden 2012
That is one reason the GOP's in Congress have not wanted to pass Obama's legislation. He is spending too much money. The GOP wants to reduce the deficit, not increase it. Go back and look through history. Dems have always spent more than Reps.
Are You Kidding

West Palm Beach, FL

#793246 Nov 4, 2012
Voter wrote:
Thank you! Getting these people to understand what is REALLY happening is like talking to a wall!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#793248 Nov 4, 2012
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
To you, it's Sir.
Sir Shinnsalot?
GeorgeWBush

Russellville, KY

#793249 Nov 4, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
why not bomb the crap out of Al Qaeda in Benghazi using carrier-based combat jets....
Why not get the hell out of of the world's business and come home. You don't hear a 100 other nations around the world always in some type of battle or war. Our neighbor to the North is just fine without sticking their nose in the world affairs. America is only 4% of the world population but wants to rule the other 96% just like Hitler.
33 wars since WWII. Where's all this BS Democratic freedom we have spread around the world? We go in and bomb 33 nations and then wonder why the world hates America.
roshni

Europe

#793250 Nov 4, 2012
ARE YOU SECURE??? check it http://goo.gl/GfMWv

must see
rafik

Europe

#793251 Nov 4, 2012
ARE YOU SECURE??? check it http://goo.gl/GfMWv
Romney-Ryan 2012

Virginia Beach, VA

#793252 Nov 4, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Real your schtick, swabby. Pull out your blue card at the local VA clinic and let em know you need help. 20+ USAF trumps you till the sun, and Romney, go down.
Let me know when one of your USAF fly boys can land an E-2C Hawkeye on a carrier deck......at night.....in a storm.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
abby9-2-15 16 min Mister Tonka 5
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min IB DaMann 54,562
Ask amy 9-2-15 47 min Stina 9
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 55 min Ferrerman unplugg... 100,659
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 196,978
2000 Chevy astro dies after I take off on a com... 2 hr AAvila 1
129Steps- Steps to a brighter future 3 hr 129Steps 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages