Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 36,677)

Showing posts 733,521 - 733,540 of1,034,753
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
assume you're talking about Joisey, a third-world country....
don't worry, Obama and FEMA are in control.....
by the way, nobody will steal a generator from your neighbor with the guns...
You sir, epitomize the hypocrisy of a so-called 'pro-life' stance. You're only pro-life when it suits you - or supports your lifestyle.

'Save that fetus!' becomes 'Shoot that bread thief!'

Oh wait, I forgot - you're the one who supports abortion for a certain demographic, and is against it for everyone else.

You people make me physically ill.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

cway wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be serious.
The suicide rate under George Bush was 11.1 per 100,000 and 12.2 under Obama.The CDC says suicides increase during poor economic times.
A 1.1% increase for 300 million people is 3300 more suicides yearly..
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Neither. I don't burn books.
But then again, I don't need any book of ancient fairy tales, to convince me of the existence or the nature of the Divine.
The Divine is made manifest in every particle of the universe - why would it need a book to make itself understood? Only men who don't listen have that problem. Free will and all like that...
As for the separation of Church and State, I'm all for it. Big fan. One's religion and one's service to one's country should function independently, as one has nothing to do with the other. Religion is personal, and public service is, well, public.
Since we don't all 'worship' the Divine in the same way,(and some of us don't worship at all) it is against the Constitution to legislate the tenets of one religion over another, and passing any religious test for eligibility to public office is EXPLICITLY forbidden.
"Religion as Government" is in the Koran, I think....and there was that quote about 'rendering unto Caesar...' now who said that again?
It never ceases to amaze me how often Christians tout the Bible, but refuse to heed it. You folks need a new shtick.
JMO.
Ah yes,separation of church and state, Founding Father style.

It is no exaggeration to say that on Sundays in Washington during the administrations of Thomas Jefferson (1801-1809) and of James Madison (1809-1817) the state became the church. Within a year of his inauguration, Jefferson began attending church services in the House of Representatives. Madison followed Jefferson's example, although unlike Jefferson, who rode on horseback to church in the Capitol, Madison came in a coach and four. Worship services in the House--a practice that continued until after the Civil War--were acceptable to Jefferson because they were nondiscriminatory and voluntary...... Throughout his administration Jefferson permitted church services in executive branch buildings. The Gospel was also preached in the Supreme Court chambers.
Jefferson's actions may seem surprising because his attitude toward the relation between religion and government is usually thought to have been embodied in his recommendation that there exist "a wall of separation between church and state." In that statement, Jefferson was apparently declaring his opposition, as Madison had done in introducing the Bill of Rights, to a "national" religion. In attending church services on public property, Jefferson and Madison consciously and deliberately were offering symbolic support to religion as a prop for republican government."

Religion and The Founding of the American Republic

James H. Hutson

Chief Historian
Manuscript Division
Library of Congress

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel06-2....
cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
granola bars beat dumpster diving any day.....
You should know.

:)
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

dem wrote:
<quoted text>
thats him!!!!!
hes still alive?
wow!
i swear i thought he was nuts and i was ten.
Yes, apparently he’s still alive, but his photo hasn’t aged since you were ten when you accurately assessed his mentality.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney did not spend his own money. His campaign staff spent $5000 in campaign contributions at Walmart.
Obama spent 500 million at Solyndra Solar, ended up int he dark,and still had to go to Walmart to buy a flashlight.
cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

<quoted text>You sir, epitomize the hypocrisy of a so-called 'pro-life' stance. You're only pro-life when it suits you - or supports your lifestyle.
Oh wait, I forgot - you're the one who supports abortion for a certain demographic, and is against it for everyone else.
Yeah, don't you love the ever-hypocritcal pro-lifers.

They come charging in to save a fetus.

But once it's born and the parents need welfare, government-assisted medical care, nutrition programs, etc. the reaction of the right is:

"Nooooo... not out of my walllet! Let it die."

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is no exaggeration to say that on Sundays in Washington during the administrations of Thomas Jefferson (1801-1809) and of James Madison (1809-1817) the state became the church. Within a year of his inauguration, Jefferson began attending church services in the House of Representatives. Madison followed Jefferson's example, although unlike Jefferson, who rode on horseback to church in the Capitol, Madison came in a coach and four. Worship services in the House--a practice that continued until after the Civil War--were acceptable to Jefferson because they were nondiscriminatory and voluntary...... Throughout his administration Jefferson permitted church services in executive branch buildings. The Gospel was also preached in the Supreme Court chambers.
Jefferson's actions may seem surprising because his attitude toward the relation between religion and government is usually thought to have been embodied in his recommendation that there exist "a wall of separation between church and state." In that statement, Jefferson was apparently declaring his opposition, as Madison had done in introducing the Bill of Rights, to a "national" religion. In attending church services on public property, Jefferson and Madison consciously and deliberately were offering symbolic support to religion as a prop for republican government."
James H. Hutson
Chief Historian
Manuscript Division
Library of Congress
Lovely - off the cuff history lessons are my favorite.

Don't forget to tip your corner historian, folks.

Here's a tip from me: Don't try to teach your gramma how to suck, well, ANYTHING.

:)
Morons4Mitt

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
The suicide rate under George Bush was 11.1 per 100,000 and 12.2 under Obama.The CDC says suicides increase during poor economic times.
What economic collapse of 08? What 726,000 per month job lost? What Depression second only to 1929. You Repubs are so hypocrite.
cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be serious with this crapola. Try something new.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for one, FEMA is on the job.
Unlike New Orleans in 2005.
And second, Obama spent time with Governor Christie reviewing the damage to NJ.
"reviewing the damage" does not put gas in the tank or food on the table....

and WTF is FEMA actually accomplishing......
Nobama

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>You sir, epitomize the hypocrisy of a so-called 'pro-life' stance. You're only pro-life when it suits you - or supports your lifestyle.
the mission of Planned Parenthood, as set forth by founder Margaret Sanger, is essential to the survival of America.....

aside from that, one can be "pro-choice", but still believe that abortion, even though legal, is completely immoral and should be reserved for the most extreme situations.....not just for personal convenience....

guess you can't see that.....
cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
James H. Hutson
Chief Historian
Manuscript Division
Library of Congress
All this proves is that religious services were held on federal grounds.

In no way does it imply that men like Jefferson and Madison were in favor of favor of using the power of government to give Christianity preferential treatment.

And that is what the separation clause is all about.
Morons4Mitt

Morgantown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

“There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, here are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it.”
“And they will vote for this president no matter what.... These are people who pay no income tax,”
To all those on Social Security and Troops deployed that pay NO FEDERAL income tax. Mitt does not need your vote nor does he care about you.
This message was brought to you by Mitt Romney's own words.
cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
the mission of Planned Parenthood, as set forth by founder Margaret Sanger, is essential to the survival of America.....
aside from that, one can be "pro-choice", but still believe that abortion, even though legal, is completely immoral and should be reserved for the most extreme situations.....not just for personal convenience....
guess you can't see that.....
Once the unborn are born, the right abandons them.

That is the indisputable truth.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

cway wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be serious with this crapola. Try something new.
Of course I am serious and the stats support my claim . Liberals are noted for living in La La land so your response is not unexpected.

"Previous research has suggested that suicide rates go up during recessions and times of economic crisis.
'Economic problems can impact how people feel about themselves and their futures as well as their relationships with family and friends,' Feijun Luo of CDC’s Division of Violence Prevention told Bloomberg."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22070...
cway

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
and WTF is FEMA actually accomplishing......
More than Bush in 2005 when Katrina struck.

"Hey, Brownie... you're doing a heck of a job. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!"
Nobama

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Judged:

cway wrote:
<quoted text>
All this proves is that religious services were held on federal grounds.
In no way does it imply that men like Jefferson and Madison were in favor of favor of using the power of government to give Christianity preferential treatment.
And that is what the separation clause is all about.
wrong....the purpose of the "separation clause" was to prevent the establishment of an official national religion, such as the Church of England.....
Mitt Romney

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

Morons4Mitt wrote:
“There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, here are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it.”
“And they will vote for this president no matter what.... These are people who pay no income tax,”
To all those on Social Security and Troops deployed that pay NO FEDERAL income tax. Mitt does not need your vote nor does he care about you.
This message was brought to you by Mitt Romney's own words.
HEY! HEY!

I never said that. I'm being impersonated by a robot who looks just like me invented by Democrats to discredit my campaign.

Really. It's true.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2012

cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Once the unborn are born, the right abandons them.
That is the indisputable truth.
Actually you are full of crap.

In the 2004 fiscal year, Planned Parenthood reported that it referred nearly 1,500 clients to independent adoption agencies since they don't do adoptions.

In 2005 Catholic Charities completed 42,852 adoptions.

//////////

There are over 1500 crisis pregnancy centers in the U.S, a figure roughly double the number of abortuaries. An estimated 30,000 women are living in the homes of pro-lifers. In addition to individual households, there are many homes for unwed mothers run by pro-lifers. The operation of pro-life centers and homes is made possible by caring and compassionate volunteers. Commonly, pregnant women are taught child rearing as well as vocational skills.
http://www.all.org/article.php...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 733,521 - 733,540 of1,034,753
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

52 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min mdbuilder 43,035
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 40 min Frank 167,696
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 48 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,199
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Catfish Hunter 96,157
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr _Zoey_ 4,034
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Chicagobunny 47,080
Bridgeport site targeted for high school rowing... (May '08) 4 hr Daniel Izguerra 8
•••
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE