Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Homer

Effort, PA

#791773 Nov 2, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
the panic is so thick you could cut it with a knife.
carol and some of the other regular baggers are already AWOL
They've already started going after Christie. The rightwing crazies have no decency whatsoever.
dem

Chicago, IL

#791774 Nov 2, 2012
The Bickers and Berry model includes both state and national unemployment figures as well as changes in real per capita income, among other factors. The new analysis includes unemployment rates from August rather than May, and changes in per capita income from the end of June rather than March. It is the last update they will release before the election.
Of the 13 battleground states identified in the model, the only one to change in the update was New Mexico -- now seen as a narrow victory for Romney. The model foresees Romney carrying New Mexico, North Carolina, Virginia, Iowa, New Hampshire, Colorado, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Pennsylvania, Ohio and Florida. Obama is predicted to win Michigan and Nevada
Lets see; romney will not win new mexico, pennsylvania, ohio, minnesota, wisconsin or iowa..
wanna do the math over now boys?
cway

United States

#791775 Nov 2, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
The KKK was the terrorist arm of the Democratic Party and murdered over 3000 blacks plus 1200 white Republicans over a span of 86 years..
LOL

The KKK was the terrorist arm of the South.

The South is now a virtual GOP block.

The South bolted from the northern Democrats and headed for the GOP in 1964 when Goldwater spoke out against civil rights. Not all at once, but the trend began there.

Enjoy your KKK, Mr. GOP hypocrite.
Florida

Tampa, FL

#791776 Nov 2, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
i dont allow filthy liars to operate without crushing them. your choice.
You're not a complete idiot ghetto dem -- Some parts are just missing you moron....
-
It's the culture...
Tournefort

Richmond, IN

#791777 Nov 2, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Was the title really, You're welcome American? "The last place I would expect elder statesman George W. Bush to show his face would be the Cayman Islands, home to some of the world’s most notorious and nefarious financial intrigue. After the 9/11 attacks, U.S. investigators focused on secret Cayman Islands accounts thought to be used by al-Qaeda operatives to funnel money to the hijackers. Right around that time, Enron was collapsing as various shell companies its top executives established in the Cayman Islands proved not to be the promising new business ventures that Enron investors were led to believe they were.
At the time, the founder and head of Enron was Kenneth Lay, a good friend of President Bush. They were so tight, Bush liked to call him “Kenny.”
When you want to hide what you’re doing, the Cayman Islands is the place to go. Just ask Mitt Romney, who according to MSNBC invested up to $25 million in 12 Cayman Islands-registered funds. His old company, Bain Capital, has more than 138 investments in the Caymans and 40 secret offshore accounts."
"The last place I would expect elder statesman George W. Bush to show his face would be the Cayman Islands, home to some of the world’s most notorious and nefarious financial intrigue."

And then there's our current president whose home is Chicago,
where Obama cut his political teeth, long known for it "notorious and nefarious" Democrat political "intrigues".

"They were so tight, Bush liked to call him “Kenny.” "

Oh, no, say it isn't so! Bush liked to call him "Kenny" ?????

Ya think Obama calls Jon Corzine "Johnny"?

"A recent list of top “bundlers” or elite fundraisers released by Obama’s campaign listed Corzine in the highest category -- reporting that he had raised more than $500,000 for the campaign./
Report: Obama Crony Jon Corzine Won't Be Prosecuted For Losing Billions in Private Investments"
dem

Chicago, IL

#791778 Nov 2, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>It's nice to have a 30 point cushion as opposed to Romney and his team scrambling trying to find any scenario that adds up to 270.
math is a liberal myth.
everyone of them brings up bickers and berry without bothering to read their projections
Homer

Effort, PA

#791779 Nov 2, 2012
THE DEBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
BEAR WITH ME HERE, ALL CAPS ISN'T "YELLING;" IT'S ALL CAPS. IT'S PLEASANT AND EASY TO READ. BY POSTING IN ALL CAPS YOU GET A SECOND CHANCE TO PROOF YOUR POST BEFORE IT APPEARS WHEN THEY PUT UP THE STOOPID ALL CAPS RECOMMENDATION. SOMEONE AT TOPIX, PRESUMABLY TO TAKE SOME OF THE STING OUT OF ALL CAPPERS, CREATED CODE WHICH DISPLAYS ALL CAPS IN A PLEASANT, EASY TO READ, SMALLER SIZE. VERY ARCHITECTURAL. IF YOU'RE HEARING "YELLING" IT'S SIMPLY BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT PAYING ATTENTION AND HAVE TRAINED YOURSELF TO HEAR "YELLING." POSTING IN ALL CAPS IS NOT HARDER TO READ, LOOK AT THE INSCRIPTIONS AT THE LINCOLN MEMORIAL, THE JEFFERSON MEMORIAL, THE LIBRARY OF CONGRESS; ALL CAPS EVERY ONE AND NO HARDER TO READ, IN FACT, SIMPLER. THAT'S WHY THEY'RE IN ALL CAPS. TO BE CONTINUED...
Hey Debil, can you tell us a story?

How about the one about Fred, his priest, and the hooker with a heart of gold?
cway

United States

#791781 Nov 2, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or when your side tries to disallow the military vote, that is business as usual since the military vote tends to be Republican.
This is an old and thoroughly refuted GOP lie.

The only military ballots which were discounted were those which were submitted after deadline, or were not postmarked making it impossible to determine if they had met the deadline.
RUSH10ME

Gloucester, VA

#791782 Nov 2, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
how many years of college before you got your fishermans degeree?
Fact is it dosen't make a difference how many years I went to college , fact is I have a 100 ton masters lisence , fact is if you have ever ate an east coast oyster chances are my hands were on it before your mouth was on it , and by the way you all have bought enough of my oysters to put my children through college , but I know thats a thorn in a dems side to know my kids are not relying on a pimp sugar daddy to afirmitive axtion them through life , they have me a real dad ,a hands on dad ,not I can't stand your mom ," I too buzy tu b bothured wid ya dad " remember this you reap what you soe , tell me dem what does a food stamp taste like I have never had one ??
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#791783 Nov 2, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Unsigned mail ins are invalid__what kind of fool would forget to sign the ballot they just filled out? A. a dumbazz B. an old dumbazz.
That's a trade off__no biggie in the grand scheme.
Grading signatures has the potential to be a biggie__there are legitimate reasons for signatures to become less legible. And then__who the fk is doing the grading???
Once again those contacted are pizzed__no fraud found__lawsuits to follow.
if the signature is questionable, simply contact the voter and confirm that they signed the ballot.....if they are still alive or still residents.....
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#791784 Nov 2, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Professors Ken Bickers and Michael Berry, of the University of Colorado, have a system for predicting the Electoral College outcomes of presidential races. Their model has accurately forecast the winner of every presidential race since 1980. According to an article published by UC-Boulder, they even got the Perot-flavored election of 1992, and the Bush-Gore photo finish in 2000, right.
This year, the Bickers-Berry model shows Mitt Romney winning with 320 electoral votes to Obama’s 218, with a 20-vote margin of error. A popular vote margin of 53-47 percent in Romney’s favor is predicted.
but who are they compared to some kid expert in baseball statistics beating off in his basement.....

they claim that Nate Whatshisname got 49 of 50 states correct in 2008....not really all that difficult since there were very few states in question....
dem

Chicago, IL

#791785 Nov 2, 2012
Jack Daniels wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did you vote for one last election you liberal piece of shit?
you interupting me you toothless hillbilly idiot?
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#791786 Nov 2, 2012
GOD IS 4 THE REPUBLICANS wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Bless you, Sister Lust.. full of sin. LOL
If you believe that sex to be sinful, you must be celibate or fraught with guilt involving sexual conflicts. Say 10 hail Marys, cleanse yourself compulsively and flog yourself severely every time you think about sex.
THE DEBIL

Paris, France

#791787 Nov 2, 2012
Sometimes you can use caps and lower case type to undermine an argument or to make something disgusting appear more palatable than it really is. Want me to give you an example? Racism and death threats printed in the Queen's English do not mitigate the sentiments or the emotions behind them. Do you know where your children are... right now this second?
THE DEBIL

Paris, France

#791788 Nov 2, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Hey Debil, can you tell us a story?
How about the one about Fred, his priest, and the hooker with a heart of gold?
Sure, pal, it'd be my PLEASURE!!!! Just a second, it's a teachable moment.
dem

Chicago, IL

#791789 Nov 2, 2012
RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Fact is it dosen't make a difference how many years I went to college , fact is I have a 100 ton masters lisence , fact is if you have ever ate an east coast oyster chances are my hands were on it before your mouth was on it , and by the way you all have bought enough of my oysters to put my children through college , but I know thats a thorn in a dems side to know my kids are not relying on a pimp sugar daddy to afirmitive axtion them through life , they have me a real dad ,a hands on dad ,not I can't stand your mom ," I too buzy tu b bothured wid ya dad " remember this you reap what you soe , tell me dem what does a food stamp taste like I have never had one ??
you have a 100 ton masters license you mean?
too bad after 32 years you still cant spell it

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#791790 Nov 2, 2012
new yawk wrote:
Stalker? Oh don't cry about it!
You should have thought about it upon handing me your leash the moment you replied to my post with snide hypocrisy and deceitful intent.
Yeah, that's right, keep walkin', keep walkin' my way. C'Mon Dubya, Good Dawg.
I'll take you around the block and back so fast you won't know what hit you upside your head.
And when I'm finished exposing you, I'll have you slithering like the sleaze you are.
It's your insatiable fraudulent need that compels you to trap yourself.
EV-ER-Y Time!
<quoted text>
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#791791 Nov 2, 2012
fred wrote:
<quoted text>
President Romney is sweeping PA.
homer is lonely loser. Alone.
a Romney win in PA is coming....the Obama War on Coal is a big factor....most of the coal miners and their families are traditional Democrats who are big-time pissed off....
Homer

Effort, PA

#791792 Nov 2, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Professors Ken Bickers and Michael Berry, of the University of Colorado, have a system for predicting the Electoral College outcomes of presidential races. Their model has accurately forecast the winner of every presidential race since 1980. According to an article published by UC-Boulder, they even got the Perot-flavored election of 1992, and the Bush-Gore photo finish in 2000, right.
This year, the Bickers-Berry model shows Mitt Romney winning with 320 electoral votes to Obama’s 218, with a 20-vote margin of error. A popular vote margin of 53-47 percent in Romney’s favor is predicted.
Weren't they 2/3 of that famed Chicago infield? No wait that was Tinker to Evers to Chance, nevermind.
cway

United States

#791793 Nov 2, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah they remember what a lousy job Obama has done in the last for years.
This is the lie you parrots have been squawking the last four years.

The fact is, under Obama, the financial markets in free fall finally stabilized in March, 2009. AIG, General Motors and the Banks were bailed out. The rampant job losses of 500,000 per month under Bush hit a peak of 10% unemployment under Obama and has come down to 8%

Oh, let's not forget about the two unfinished wars Bush left behind, either.

As much as you GOP clowns hate it, GNP has been on a slow upward trend. And the DOW is up over 4,500 points.

So much for your "lousy job" assessment.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 min gimpyolman 50,781
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 min Patriot AKA Bozo 47,597
Why do REPUBLICS Fail and Fall 11 min stupid amerikan 2
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 49 min Learn to Read 179,685
Rattlesnake Logic 58 min stupid amerikan 24
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 98,565
Abby 10-31 1 hr edogxxx 1

High Wind Warning for Cook County was issued at October 31 at 3:39AM CDT

Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]