Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#791101 Nov 2, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Photo op! Photo op!
So maybe he should have followed Mitt's lead and kept on with the campaigning/fake can drive.
And then it would have been: why hasn't Obama gone to NJ??
Uh, Mitt's not the president - yet.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#791102 Nov 2, 2012
Morons4Mitt wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you young wipper-snapper. Well now, I remember back in my days that there were 726,000 people a month losing their jobs. Unemployment was rising faster than we could count. But you young people just can't believe that those days actually happened. It was way back in 2008.
So, what's changed?

Unemployment rate UP to 7.9%. Real unemployment rate still around 15%... and you want 4 more years? LOL
TheIndependentMa jority

Nancy, KY

#791103 Nov 2, 2012
The heartbreaking discovery came as residents and public officials complained that help has been frustratingly slow to arrive on stricken Staten Island, where 19 have been killed — nearly half the death toll of all of New York City.

Garbage is piling up, a stench hangs in the air and mud-caked mattresses and couches line the streets. Residents are sifting through the remains of their homes, searching for anything that can be salvaged.
Who was that said this storm was "hyped"?

Ah think they were mistaken....

"We have hundreds of people in shelters," said James Molinaro, the borough's president. "Many of them, when the shelters close, have nowhere to go because their homes are destroyed. These are not homeless people. They're homeless now."

Molinaro complained the American Red Cross "is nowhere to be found" — and some residents questioned what they called the lack of a response by government disaster relief agencies. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and Federal Emergency Management Agency Deputy Administrator Richard Serino planned to tour the island on Friday.

Four days after Sandy lashed the East Coast with high winds and a huge storm surge, frustration mounted across New York City and well beyond as millions of people remained without power and motorists lined up for hours at gas stations in New Jersey and New York.

MORE TROOPS-MORE help!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Certifiable, documented and proven proof of EXPERIENCE (is a GOOD thing!!) FOR America again!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#791104 Nov 2, 2012
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh, Mitt's not the president - yet.
Yet?

Not as strong as a Rush whiff, but nonetheless still a prognostication of dubious origin.
TheIndependentMa jority

Nancy, KY

#791105 Nov 2, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Waiting.
That went right over your head, didn't it.

(GET TO WORK ELSEWHERE-no time to waste with idiots screwing themselves and others) and the community now knows WHY!!!

ROMNEY/RYAN/CHRISTIE 2012!
QUALIFIED, EXPERIENCED Leadership FOR America again!
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#791106 Nov 2, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox's Steve Doocy Complains That Hurricane Sandy "Came Along And Knocked [Benghazi] Off The Front Page"
http://mediamatters.org/video/2012/11/02/foxs...
FOXbot: Hurricane? What hurricane? There was a hurricane? When did that happen?
Yeah that and the CIA brass finally explaining what really happened which is pretty much what I've been saying since early October.

So I guess the new subject is the Seaside NJ utilities__seems to me that destroyed summer homes can wait for power.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#791107 Nov 2, 2012
The U.S. economy added an estimated 171,000 jobs in October, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics monthly employment report released Friday — exceeding analysts expectations, and sparing President Obama from lackluster economic news days before the election

The figures suggest a strengthening labor market, and include significant upward revisions to previous months’ employment estimates. BLS now estimates that the economy added an impressive 192,000 jobs in August, up 50,000 from a primary September revision and up even more from the initial, weak August estimate of 96,000. Likewise, BLS estimates that the economy added 148,000 jobs in September, up 34,000 from its initial estimate of 114,000.

Those revisions reflect an accelerating recovery, but also illustrate the report’s significant uncertainty. That uncertainty hasn’t stopped members of both parties from spinning the initial figures for partisan advantage. The report comes just four days before polls open Tuesday, lending additional salience to the unemployment rate, which ticked upward from 7.8 to 7.9. for the promising reason that over 578,000 people entered the work force.

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/11/ec...
LOL

Sparta, NJ

#791108 Nov 2, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
The heartbreaking discovery came as residents and public officials complained that help has been frustratingly slow to arrive on stricken Staten Island, where 19 have been killed — nearly half the death toll of all of New York City.
Garbage is piling up, a stench hangs in the air and mud-caked mattresses and couches line the streets. Residents are sifting through the remains of their homes, searching for anything that can be salvaged.
Who was that said this storm was "hyped"?
Ah think they were mistaken....
"We have hundreds of people in shelters," said James Molinaro, the borough's president. "Many of them, when the shelters close, have nowhere to go because their homes are destroyed. These are not homeless people. They're homeless now."
Molinaro complained the American Red Cross "is nowhere to be found" — and some residents questioned what they called the lack of a response by government disaster relief agencies. Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano and Federal Emergency Management Agency Deputy Administrator Richard Serino planned to tour the island on Friday.
Four days after Sandy lashed the East Coast with high winds and a huge storm surge, frustration mounted across New York City and well beyond as millions of people remained without power and motorists lined up for hours at gas stations in New Jersey and New York.
MORE TROOPS-MORE help!
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Certifiable, documented and proven proof of EXPERIENCE (is a GOOD thing!!) FOR America again!
... but the boy is in Vegas - New York can wait. Oh, he's in touch by telephone. Maybe he'll yank his joystick so a drone can observe.

Since: May 11

Loysville, PA

#791109 Nov 2, 2012
<quoted text>
According to OTHER scientific FACTS of study though, it's a natural occurance in nature, that has been historically tracked for quite some time--warming waters in the Pacific, then cools, and the warming fluctuates over to the Atlantic, for documented durations of approx 10-15 years. Right now, it's the Atlantic oceans turn, for the next few years.
Look it up-any search engine will work.
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
QUALIFIED Experience-FOR America again-NOT against it!
Of course nature has always gone through cycles. No one denies it.

The truth is most climatologists agree that man has changed the atmosphere through greenhouse gas emissions & this will change our climate. It is making the Earth warmer & this will bring climate change.

Now you right whiners can run & hide from this all you want. You can continue to make this a political issue instead of a science issue.

Republicans believed in global warming until the Republican Party decided that it would hurt their major donors so they convinced dumbasses like you that global warming doesn't exist.

Mitt Romney will roll back emissions regulations, burn more coal, & allow global warming to continue to increase.

Expect more mega storms & expect the government to spend tens of billions more a year in weather related disaster relief.

When did Republicans get stupid?

Mayor Bloomberg agrees &told Mitt to take his dog & pony show elsewhere.
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#791111 Nov 2, 2012
<quoted text>
"Get the hell back to work" the erst of us have to. <smack>
lol
Don't worry don't worry....until Jan my tax dollars will still be sent your way to carry your lazy ass. But after that you will need to go see if McD's might have an opening because you are going to need to start taking personal responsibility. tick tock tick tock
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#791112 Nov 2, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah that and the CIA brass finally explaining what really happened which is pretty much what I've been saying since early October.
So I guess the new subject is the Seaside NJ utilities__seems to me that destroyed summer homes can wait for power.
It's amazing how they all just chew on the same bone day after day like zombies
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#791113 Nov 2, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth is most climatologists agree that man has changed the atmosphere through greenhouse gas emissions & this will change our climate. It is making the Earth warmer & this will bring climate change.
Now you right whiners can run & hide from this all you want. You can continue to make this a political issue instead of a science issue.
Republicans believed in global warming until the Republican Party decided that it would hurt their major donors so they convinced dumbasses like you that global warming doesn't exist.
Mitt Romney will roll back emissions regulations, burn more coal, & allow global warming to continue to increase.
Expect more mega storms & expect the government to spend tens of billions more a year in weather related disaster relief.
You notice he has to say OTHER.

Maybe he can tell us what the OTHERS have to say.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#791114 Nov 2, 2012
CHILLICOTHE, Ohio -- Former President Bill Clinton added some meat to his argument that President Barack Obama needs another four years to fix the economy on Thursday night, citing work by an economist whose book is often cited by Republicans talking about the national debt.

Clinton, at his third event of the day in Ohio, after a morning stop in Wisconsin, spoke to a crowd of 2,000 for about 45 minutes, even though he began his remarks with his voice sounding on the verge of failing. "I've almost lost my voice in the service of my president," Clinton said.

The 66-year old former president seemed to gain strength as he spoke. And around halfway through his remarks, he got the crowd's attention with this comment: "The whole election may come down to this, this one thing."

"I know that no one who ever served as president -- not me, not Franklin Roosevelt, not anyone -- could have repaired all the economic damge done during that crash in four years," Clinton said.
TheIndependentMa jority

Nancy, KY

#791115 Nov 2, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah that and the CIA brass finally explaining what really happened which is pretty much what I've been saying since early October.
The BIGGEST "unclog the drains" in the functions of "normalcy"

POWER OUTAGES.

REALLY????? Such PETTY AZZ BULLSHIT-in times like that???

FOR SHAME-on the self-serving ignotards!!!!!!!!!!

----------
Thousands of gas stations in New Jersey and Long Island were closed because of a lack of power. AAA estimates that 60 percent of the stations in New Jersey are shut along with up to 70 percent of the stations in Long Island.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!!!!!!!!!!
Leadership for a United AMERICA again-NOT a divided and destroyed one!!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#791116 Nov 2, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Reality sets in when the storms hit, and they will continue.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#791117 Nov 2, 2012
Looks like the loony Republicans are looking pretty foolish now that the investigation of Benghazi has shown all their accusations were political lies:

http://news.yahoo.com/us-officials-counter-re...
TheIndependentMa jority

Nancy, KY

#791119 Nov 2, 2012
"It's like a stopped up drain," said Tom Kloza, Chief Oil Analyst at the Oil Price Information Service.

For people staying home or trying to restart a business, the scene wasn't much brighter: Millions were in the dark and many will remain so for days. As of Thursday, 4.5 million homes were without power, down from a peak of 8.5 million. The New Jersey utility Public Service Electric & Gas said it will restore power to most people in 7 to 10 days. Consolidated Edison, which serves New York City and Westchester County, said most customers will have power by Nov. 11, but some might have to wait an additional week or longer.

Superstorm Sandy found a host of ways to cripple the region's energy infrastructure. Its winds knocked down power lines and its floods swamped electrical substations that send power to entire neighborhoods. It also mangled ports that accept fuel tankers and flooded underground equipment that sends fuel through pipelines. Without power, fuel terminals can't pump gasoline onto tanker trucks, and gas stations can't pump fuel into customers' cars.

The Energy Department reported Thursday that 13 of the region's 33 fuel terminals were closed. Sections of two major pipelines that serve the area — the Colonial Pipeline and the Buckeye Pipeline — were also closed.

few blocks away, a Mobil station sat empty behind orange barricades, with a sign explaining it was out of gas.

Taxi and car service drivers were running dry — and giving up, even though demand for rides was high because of the crippled public transit system. Northside Car Service in Williamsburg, Brooklyn has 250 drivers available on a typical Thursday evening. Today they had just 20. "The gas lines are too long," said Thomas Miranda, an operator at Northside.

Betty Bethea, 59, waited nearly three hours to get to the front of the line at a Gulf station in Newark, but she brought reinforcements: Her kids were there with gas cans, and her husband was behind her in his truck.

Bethea had tried to drive to her job at a northern New Jersey Kohl's store on Thursday morning, only to find her low-fuel light on. She and her husband crisscrossed the region in search of gas and were shooed away by police at every closed station she encountered.

"It is crazy out here — people scrambling everywhere, cutting in front of people. I have never seen New Jersey like this," Bethea said.
X Obama Supporter

Coffeyville, KS

#791120 Nov 2, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
But Bloomberg thinks he should be running two giant generaters to run a marathon while NY'ers dumbster dive for food, sleep in their cars waiting to get gas only to find there is none, have no where to sleep at night and if they do there is no electric, no heat, and no hope. Yeah, let's listen to anything that moron would agree with. In the mean time....don't be drinking 32oz sodas...we're trying to save the world here, from business' killing the ozone and fat people!
Nancy Pelousey

New York, NY

#791121 Nov 2, 2012
Morons4Mitt wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, you young wipper-snapper. Well now, I remember back in my days that there were 726,000 people a month losing their jobs. Unemployment was rising faster than we could count. But you young people just can't believe that those days actually happened. It was way back in 2008.
Hey, I helped with the collapse of the economy big time and I demand credit!!!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#791122 Nov 2, 2012
Chemical bomb threat prompts street closures around CNN Center; police find no chemical

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/11/02/chemical...

FOXbot. Not happy that CNN covered the hurricane instead of harping on unsubstantiated Benghazi conspiracy theories.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min Dale 182,097
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min OzRitz 49,326
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 41 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,911
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 53 min L Morales 71,257
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr KiMare 51,291
Jackie Robinson Little League 2 hr very disappointed 1
amy 12-26 4 hr RACE 3
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]