Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#790921 Nov 1, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
So he was a Democrat who switched to Republican and is now an Independent and they say Romney flip flops?
Freedom is part of being American. When you vote the ballot doesn't make you select only Democrat or Republican, but you can select whatever candidates you choose.

Location hidden

#790922 Nov 1, 2012
RealDave wrote:
Fox News proven liars...again
http://news.yahoo.com/us-officials-no-delays-...
CIA and Associated Press, no less. Golly, Faux News was wrong....again? Spin your way out of this one, Republican supporters.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#790923 Nov 1, 2012
dr Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama too. All free! thanks to your fat fk pal Christie.
except that the situation became worse after the Obama photo-op, not better......

and Obama ignored New York, possibly in worse shape that New Jersey....

but then, Obama always over-promises and under-delivers.....
finding

Brookland, AR

#790924 Nov 1, 2012
dr Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Filthy fkn tea bag liar say what?
It will take Romney to get aid to the storm area. bommie was there he will be spending the tax payers money, Romney will be spending his own money. Dosen't that make you jealious?
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#790925 Nov 1, 2012
Johnny wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess Romney must have built a munitions factory in Massachusetts when he was governor. God help the world if he is elected.(Note) good idea is to buy stocks in body bag companies if you want to get rich under Romney.
About 3300 more people have committed suicide each year during Obama's presidency so those body bags are already spoken for.

Location hidden

#790926 Nov 1, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
if the truck has food, probably more useful than anything from Obama or FEMA.....
granola bars beat dumpster diving any day.....
Photo-op with Romney showed him loading diapers. Have yet to find a decent recipe using Pampers.

Location hidden

#790927 Nov 1, 2012
finding wrote:
<quoted text>It will take Romney to get aid to the storm area. bommie was there he will be spending the tax payers money, Romney will be spending his own money. Dosen't that make you jealious?
Romney did not spend his own money. His campaign staff spent $5000 in campaign contributions at Walmart.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#790928 Nov 1, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Hold the Koran in one hand, and the New Testament in the other hand.
How about you hand the book that teaches tolerance, love, peace, humility, equality, forgiveness, and everything else that makes life better, to a stranger,... and burn the one that teaches intolerance, women in sexual slavery, and killing anyone and everyone who has a different belief.
Which one do you burn?
The New Testament or the Koran?
Neither. I don't burn books.

But then again, I don't need any book of ancient fairy tales, to convince me of the existence or the nature of the Divine.

The Divine is made manifest in every particle of the universe - why would it need a book to make itself understood? Only men who don't listen have that problem. Free will and all like that...

As for the separation of Church and State, I'm all for it. Big fan. One's religion and one's service to one's country should function independently, as one has nothing to do with the other. Religion is personal, and public service is, well, public.
Since we don't all 'worship' the Divine in the same way,(and some of us don't worship at all) it is against the Constitution to legislate the tenets of one religion over another, and passing any religious test for eligibility to public office is EXPLICITLY forbidden.

"Religion as Government" is in the Koran, I think....and there was that quote about 'rendering unto Caesar...' now who said that again?

It never ceases to amaze me how often Christians tout the Bible, but refuse to heed it. You folks need a new shtick.

JMO.
cway

United States

#790930 Nov 1, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
About 3300 more people have committed suicide each year during Obama's presidency so those body bags are already spoken for.
You can't be serious.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#790931 Nov 1, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
CIA and Associated Press, no less. Golly, Faux News was wrong....again? Spin your way out of this one, Republican supporters.
Classified August Cable Signed By Ambassador Stevens Warned Benghazi Consulate Couldn’t Withstand ‘Coordinated Attack’

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2012/10/class...

US Relied on Muslim Brotherhood for Benghazi Consulate Security

http://frontpagemag.com/2012/dgreenfield/us-r...

Libyans: Al-Qaida handled 'security' at Tripoli embassy

http://www.wnd.com/2012/10/libyans-al-qaida-h...

Spin your way out of those.
cway

United States

#790932 Nov 1, 2012
OBAMIES ZOMBIES wrote:
<quoted text>
"Dr. ZOMBIE"... better question, where is your president today? Air force 1, from city to city working on his reelection...?????
Well, for one, FEMA is on the job.

Unlike New Orleans in 2005.

And second, Obama spent time with Governor Christie reviewing the damage to NJ.

Location hidden

#790933 Nov 1, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
assume you're talking about Joisey, a third-world country....
don't worry, Obama and FEMA are in control.....
by the way, nobody will steal a generator from your neighbor with the guns...
You sir, epitomize the hypocrisy of a so-called 'pro-life' stance. You're only pro-life when it suits you - or supports your lifestyle.

'Save that fetus!' becomes 'Shoot that bread thief!'

Oh wait, I forgot - you're the one who supports abortion for a certain demographic, and is against it for everyone else.

You people make me physically ill.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#790934 Nov 1, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be serious.
The suicide rate under George Bush was 11.1 per 100,000 and 12.2 under Obama.The CDC says suicides increase during poor economic times.
A 1.1% increase for 300 million people is 3300 more suicides yearly..
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#790935 Nov 1, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Neither. I don't burn books.
But then again, I don't need any book of ancient fairy tales, to convince me of the existence or the nature of the Divine.
The Divine is made manifest in every particle of the universe - why would it need a book to make itself understood? Only men who don't listen have that problem. Free will and all like that...
As for the separation of Church and State, I'm all for it. Big fan. One's religion and one's service to one's country should function independently, as one has nothing to do with the other. Religion is personal, and public service is, well, public.
Since we don't all 'worship' the Divine in the same way,(and some of us don't worship at all) it is against the Constitution to legislate the tenets of one religion over another, and passing any religious test for eligibility to public office is EXPLICITLY forbidden.
"Religion as Government" is in the Koran, I think....and there was that quote about 'rendering unto Caesar...' now who said that again?
It never ceases to amaze me how often Christians tout the Bible, but refuse to heed it. You folks need a new shtick.
JMO.
Ah yes,separation of church and state, Founding Father style.

It is no exaggeration to say that on Sundays in Washington during the administrations of Thomas Jefferson (1801-1809) and of James Madison (1809-1817) the state became the church. Within a year of his inauguration, Jefferson began attending church services in the House of Representatives. Madison followed Jefferson's example, although unlike Jefferson, who rode on horseback to church in the Capitol, Madison came in a coach and four. Worship services in the House--a practice that continued until after the Civil War--were acceptable to Jefferson because they were nondiscriminatory and voluntary...... Throughout his administration Jefferson permitted church services in executive branch buildings. The Gospel was also preached in the Supreme Court chambers.
Jefferson's actions may seem surprising because his attitude toward the relation between religion and government is usually thought to have been embodied in his recommendation that there exist "a wall of separation between church and state." In that statement, Jefferson was apparently declaring his opposition, as Madison had done in introducing the Bill of Rights, to a "national" religion. In attending church services on public property, Jefferson and Madison consciously and deliberately were offering symbolic support to religion as a prop for republican government."

Religion and The Founding of the American Republic

James H. Hutson

Chief Historian
Manuscript Division
Library of Congress

http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel06-2....
cway

United States

#790936 Nov 1, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
granola bars beat dumpster diving any day.....
You should know.

:)
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#790937 Nov 1, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
thats him!!!!!
hes still alive?
wow!
i swear i thought he was nuts and i was ten.
Yes, apparently he’s still alive, but his photo hasn’t aged since you were ten when you accurately assessed his mentality.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#790938 Nov 1, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Romney did not spend his own money. His campaign staff spent $5000 in campaign contributions at Walmart.
Obama spent 500 million at Solyndra Solar, ended up int he dark,and still had to go to Walmart to buy a flashlight.
cway

United States

#790939 Nov 1, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>You sir, epitomize the hypocrisy of a so-called 'pro-life' stance. You're only pro-life when it suits you - or supports your lifestyle.
'Save that fetus!' becomes 'Shoot that bread thief!'
Oh wait, I forgot - you're the one who supports abortion for a certain demographic, and is against it for everyone else.
You people make me physically ill.
Yeah, don't you love the ever-hypocritcal pro-lifers.

They come charging in to save a fetus.

But once it's born and the parents need welfare, government-assisted medical care, nutrition programs, etc. the reaction of the right is:

"Nooooo... not out of my walllet! Let it die."

Location hidden

#790940 Nov 1, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah yes,separation of church and state, Founding Father style.
It is no exaggeration to say that on Sundays in Washington during the administrations of Thomas Jefferson (1801-1809) and of James Madison (1809-1817) the state became the church. Within a year of his inauguration, Jefferson began attending church services in the House of Representatives. Madison followed Jefferson's example, although unlike Jefferson, who rode on horseback to church in the Capitol, Madison came in a coach and four. Worship services in the House--a practice that continued until after the Civil War--were acceptable to Jefferson because they were nondiscriminatory and voluntary...... Throughout his administration Jefferson permitted church services in executive branch buildings. The Gospel was also preached in the Supreme Court chambers.
Jefferson's actions may seem surprising because his attitude toward the relation between religion and government is usually thought to have been embodied in his recommendation that there exist "a wall of separation between church and state." In that statement, Jefferson was apparently declaring his opposition, as Madison had done in introducing the Bill of Rights, to a "national" religion. In attending church services on public property, Jefferson and Madison consciously and deliberately were offering symbolic support to religion as a prop for republican government."
Religion and The Founding of the American Republic
James H. Hutson
Chief Historian
Manuscript Division
Library of Congress
http://www.loc.gov/exhibits/religion/rel06-2....
Lovely - off the cuff history lessons are my favorite.

Don't forget to tip your corner historian, folks.

Here's a tip from me: Don't try to teach your gramma how to suck, well, ANYTHING.

:)
Morons4Mitt

Russellville, KY

#790941 Nov 1, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
The suicide rate under George Bush was 11.1 per 100,000 and 12.2 under Obama.The CDC says suicides increase during poor economic times.
A 1.1% increase for 300 million people is 3300 more suicides yearly..
What economic collapse of 08? What 726,000 per month job lost? What Depression second only to 1929. You Repubs are so hypocrite.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 32 min KiMerde 50,063
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 47 min Mister Tonka 98,373
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 47 min Kristy 47,065
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr WelbyMD 178,617
Group of thieves hit Bentley Gold Coast store 1 hr Go Blue Forever 4
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 2 hr HughBe 69,541
Jesus Christ, the Son of God 3 hr Son of God 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]