Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#790950 Nov 1, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't be serious with this crapola. Try something new.
Of course I am serious and the stats support my claim . Liberals are noted for living in La La land so your response is not unexpected.

"Previous research has suggested that suicide rates go up during recessions and times of economic crisis.
'Economic problems can impact how people feel about themselves and their futures as well as their relationships with family and friends,' Feijun Luo of CDC’s Division of Violence Prevention told Bloomberg."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22070...
cway

United States

#790951 Nov 1, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
and WTF is FEMA actually accomplishing......
More than Bush in 2005 when Katrina struck.

"Hey, Brownie... you're doing a heck of a job. Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!"
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#790952 Nov 1, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
All this proves is that religious services were held on federal grounds.
In no way does it imply that men like Jefferson and Madison were in favor of favor of using the power of government to give Christianity preferential treatment.
And that is what the separation clause is all about.
wrong....the purpose of the "separation clause" was to prevent the establishment of an official national religion, such as the Church of England.....
Mitt Romney

United States

#790953 Nov 1, 2012
Morons4Mitt wrote:
“There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, here are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe the government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you-name-it.”
“And they will vote for this president no matter what.... These are people who pay no income tax,”
To all those on Social Security and Troops deployed that pay NO FEDERAL income tax. Mitt does not need your vote nor does he care about you.
This message was brought to you by Mitt Romney's own words.
HEY! HEY!

I never said that. I'm being impersonated by a robot who looks just like me invented by Democrats to discredit my campaign.

Really. It's true.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#790954 Nov 1, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Once the unborn are born, the right abandons them.
That is the indisputable truth.
Actually you are full of crap.

In the 2004 fiscal year, Planned Parenthood reported that it referred nearly 1,500 clients to independent adoption agencies since they don't do adoptions.

In 2005 Catholic Charities completed 42,852 adoptions.

//////////

There are over 1500 crisis pregnancy centers in the U.S, a figure roughly double the number of abortuaries. An estimated 30,000 women are living in the homes of pro-lifers. In addition to individual households, there are many homes for unwed mothers run by pro-lifers. The operation of pro-life centers and homes is made possible by caring and compassionate volunteers. Commonly, pregnant women are taught child rearing as well as vocational skills.
http://www.all.org/article.php...
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#790955 Nov 1, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
49 million on food stamps..

Way to go,Barack Bottom.
cway

United States

#790956 Nov 1, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I am serious and the stats support my claim . Liberals are noted for living in La La land so your response is not unexpected.
"Previous research has suggested that suicide rates go up during recessions and times of economic crisis.
'Economic problems can impact how people feel about themselves and their futures as well as their relationships with family and friends,' Feijun Luo of CDC’s Division of Violence Prevention told Bloomberg."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-22070...
I'll file this alongside "No child left behind" and "WMDs Found".
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#790958 Nov 1, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Once the unborn are born, the right abandons them.
That is the indisputable truth.
whether or not that is the case...is irrelevant to the immorality of abortion....
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#790959 Nov 1, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
still did not answer the question....

FEMA is "on the job", getting paid, but still no food, no water, no electricity, no gasoline.....
cway

United States

#790960 Nov 1, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
wrong....the purpose of the "separation clause" was to prevent the establishment of an official national religion, such as the Church of England.....
We are saying the same thing in different words.

To make a church the official state religion is preferential treatment, is it not?

The separation clause is generally interpreted as an injunction against any sort of preferential treatment, not just what you cite.

For example, giving federal subsidies to a few, but not the rest.
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#790961 Nov 1, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
All this proves is that religious services were held on federal grounds.
In no way does it imply that men like Jefferson and Madison were in favor of favor of using the power of government to give Christianity preferential treatment.
And that is what the separation clause is all about.
Really??

'By 1867, the church in the Capitol had become the largest church in Washington, and the largest Protestant church in America."

James Hutson, Chief of the Manuscript Division of the Library of Congress, Religion and the Founding of the American Republic 91 (Washington, D. C.: Library of Congress 1998).

"The Christian religion is the best religion that has been given to man and I as chief Magistrate of this nation am bound to give it the sanction of my example. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Washington Parish, Washington City" by Reverend Ethan Allen
Manuscript Division of the Library of Congress
Research by Emily C. Howie, Reference Librarian, Main Reading Room, Library of Congress
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#790962 Nov 1, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll file this alongside "No child left behind" and "WMDs Found".
I'll file your response alongside "Cutting the deficit in half in my first term" and "won't raise taxes on the middle class"
American Lady

Danville, KY

#790963 Nov 1, 2012
About "PolitiFact" where so many obots RUN ...
along with fact check ;-)

==========
Whatever the facts, the bottom line is PolitiFact failed to illuminate them. Contrary to uncovering facts, this rating is either an amateurish investigation or an intentional dodge of the truth. Regardless of intent, PolitiFact assists the Obama campaign by neglecting to dig into the story and accepting Marchionne's words at face value. PolitiFact wanders closer to a role as a campaign spinmeister with each passing day.
http://www.politifactbias.com/

PolitiFact tells group to stop using its ‘Truth-o-Meter’ on billboards [WHY]

GOP strategists review PolitiFact findings, say they ‘back up our argument about media bias’

http://www.poynter.org/tag/politifact/

PolitiFact is owned by the Tampa Bay Times, which is owned by Poynter.

The Republican Party of Virginia compiled an 86-page[http://library.constan tcontact.com/download/get/file /1103923423545-24/PolitiFact+V irginia+--+Political+Bias+--+F inal+--+7-10-12.pdf]** report about PolitiFact’s Virginia operation, which is housed at the Richmond Times-Dispatch. PolitiFact Virginia “has ruled disproportionately against Republicans and in favor of Democrats,” the report says. When PolitiFact releases positive ratings of Republicans, the report says, it’s most likely to do so on a Friday afternoon, when few news consumers are paying attention.

**Memorandum
July 10, 2012
An Open Letter to the Commonwealth:
For quite some time we’ve had growing concerns regarding PolitiFact Virginia’s approach
towards Republicans in general, and in specific,“separating fact from fiction” against
Republican candidates, officials and committees. On February 16th of this year, the
Republican Party of Virginia had a meeting with the Editor and Publisher of the Richmond
Times-Dispatch regarding the paper’s PolitiFact Virginia unit. In late April – two months
later – we had a subsequent conference call to follow up on our original meeting.

http://www.poynter.org/latest-news/mediawire/...
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#790964 Nov 1, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
To make a church the official state religion is preferential treatment, is it not?
The separation clause is generally interpreted as an injunction against any sort of preferential treatment, not just what you cite.
stand by my definition....and oppose all subsidies, not just those for religions...
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

#790965 Nov 1, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
You can give preferential treatment to a religion without making it the official state religion. Here let me show you,

RUSSIA, 1824:

"In the name of the Most Holy and Indivisible Trinity. The President of the United States of America and His Majesty the Emperor of all the Russias..."

RUSSIA, 1832:

"In the name of the Most Holy and indivisible Trinity.The United States of America, and His Majesty the Emperor of all the Russias..."

BRAZIL, 1828, 1849:

"In the name of the Most Holy and Indivisible Trinity.The United States of America and His Majesty the Emperor of Brazil... "

PORTUGAL, 1840:

"In the Name of the Most Holy and Undivided Trinity.The United States of America and Her Most Faithful Majesty the Queen of Portugal..."

COSTA RICA, 1851:

"In the name of the Most Holy Trinity."

PARAGUAY, 1859:

"In the name of the Most Holy Trinity. The Governments of the two Republics, the United States of America and of Paraguay..

. U.S. Senate Document No. 357. 61st Congress, 2nd Session, Treaties, Conventions, International Acts, Protocols and Agreements between the United States and other Powers. 1776-1909, compiled by William M. Malloy, January 18, 1909. Vol. 1-2.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#790966 Nov 1, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Really??
'By 1867, the church in the Capitol had become the largest church in Washington, and the largest Protestant church in America."
James Hutson, Chief of the Manuscript Division of the Library of Congress, Religion and the Founding of the American Republic 91 (Washington, D. C.: Library of Congress 1998).
"The Christian religion is the best religion that has been given to man and I as chief Magistrate of this nation am bound to give it the sanction of my example. "
Thomas Jefferson
"Washington Parish, Washington City" by Reverend Ethan Allen
Manuscript Division of the Library of Congress
Research by Emily C. Howie, Reference Librarian, Main Reading Room, Library of Congress
the founding fathers clearly intended the United States to be a Christian nation, but did not want to give preference to any particular denomination....
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#790967 Nov 1, 2012
cway wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, for one, FEMA is on the job.
Unlike New Orleans in 2005.
And second, Obama spent time with Governor Christie reviewing the damage to NJ.
Yeah...show off for Obama Zombies ..
All that money that they spent on Air force 1, Secret Service and the traffic, he could send that money to the people of NJ. Shut up...

Don't always bring Bush, he is gone...

What about real video on Benghazi and not that YouTube crap ...

They pushed really hard that fake video, it was poring fuel on fire just to protect their sorry azz's.

They were pushing that YouTube video, hoping someone is going to buy their sh!t...see...
Didn't work...

Ask your president ...we all like to see real video from 9/11 Benghazi ...
cway

United States

#790968 Nov 1, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually you are full of crap.
In the 2004 fiscal year, Planned Parenthood reported that it referred nearly 1,500 clients to independent adoption agencies since they don't do adoptions.
In 2005 Catholic Charities completed 42,852 adoptions.
//////////
There are over 1500 crisis pregnancy centers in the U.S, a figure roughly double the number of abortuaries. An estimated 30,000 women are living in the homes of pro-lifers. In addition to individual households, there are many homes for unwed mothers run by pro-lifers. The operation of pro-life centers and homes is made possible by caring and compassionate volunteers. Commonly, pregnant women are taught child rearing as well as vocational skills.
http://www.all.org/article.php...
You're citing the tiny exception to the rule, not the mainstream reality.

There are over 1,000,000 abortions performed each year, and we're not including mothers who have children they don't want.

42,852 adoptions is a drop in the bucket.

Nice try, Mr. GOP Fuzzy Math.
cway

United States

#790969 Nov 1, 2012
downhill246 wrote:
<quoted text>
49 million on food stamps..
Way to go,Barack Bottom.
I see.

Still blaming Obama for the Bush recession.

Seems someone (you) forgot we were losing 500,000 jobs per month when Bush left town.

But of course, that has nothing to do with more people being on food stamps, does it?

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#790970 Nov 1, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
the mission of Planned Parenthood, as set forth by founder Margaret Sanger, is essential to the survival of America.....
aside from that, one can be "pro-choice", but still believe that abortion, even though legal, is completely immoral and should be reserved for the most extreme situations.....not just for personal convenience....
guess you can't see that.....
What I see is that you've assumed you have the prerogative to define 'convenient' and 'immoral' for someone other than yourself.

Arrogant hubris.

Would you let anyone decide for you whether or not to donate an organ? What religious tenets you will follow? How many children you have?

Thought not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 15 min loose cannon 184,787
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 24 min SpaceBlues 51,348
Amy 2-26-15 43 min Sublime1 7
Dear Abby 2-26-15 1 hr Blunt Advice 4
daughter/father appropriate physical contact (Mar '12) 1 hr understand 23
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Michael Satterfield 99,153
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 69,087
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]