Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
732,221 - 732,240 of 1,099,789 Comments Last updated 6 min ago
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#790503 Nov 1, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Florida, Virginia, Ohio, Wisconsin... and goddam Pennsylvania.
plus Senator Bob "Zombie" Casey (D-PA) is in trouble against an unknown former coal miner named Tom Smith.....
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#790504 Nov 1, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> What part of 'everyone I know who was homeless had one if not more of those'? I read somewhere a long time ago something about building your house upon the sand. It was suppose to be about how to build your character but I think now it may have a new meaning.
Huh?

Is that part of the three little pigs story???
TheIndependentMa jority

Nancy, KY

#790505 Nov 1, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Governor "I'm a business guy" Romney. MA ranked 47 in job growth on his watch. Clean the earwax out of your eyes.
We've already been over that fallacy....sorry you missed the enlightenment.

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!
Economic Experience FOR America again-NOT against it!
Gunner

Cromwell, CT

#790506 Nov 1, 2012
Obama admits government is in the way

Disaster triggers calls for removal of usual "red tape" and "bureaucracy" that normally bogs us down.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#790508 Nov 1, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> HAHAHAHAHAhahaha!!!
"flack"
You hit the nail on the head. "real dumbs" post are sure to cause a chuckle of disbelief.
Peace
worker

United States

#790509 Nov 1, 2012
Did you see the photo op Romeny was having when he was taking donations for Sandy. And did you hear how sincere he was about helping the needy. Come on folks, this guy is just about the rich. 95% of the tax break goes to the rich. His own taxes will go down from 14% to 1%. It doesn't matter about the 47% of Americans. In fact it won't matter if any of his crap will work. He will be doing really good off the backs of the American people.

Vote Obama/Biden 2012 middle class
GOD IS 4 THE REPUBLICANS

Woodbridge, VA

#790510 Nov 1, 2012
I see more than one Obama signs in the Demonbrats yards. AGAIN, no Repubican went into their yard to tare up their signs, but AGAIN, some Demonbrats think it is their stupid lame ass right to go on someone's lawn, take and trash Republican signs, and throw them out in the road.
HOW MEAN!!

BY THE LOOKS OF IT, THE DEMONBRAT SIDE ARE MORE DESPERATE TO GET THIS MAN IN OFFICE THAN THEY WERE THE FIRST TIME AROUND.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#790512 Nov 1, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>I became a teenager during Clinton's tenure, Dubya. And my 'outrage' has been expressed by taking in the child of a homeless veteran, and raising him as my own, when Ron was killed on the streets.
I've been registered R since the age of 18.
You think you know me, or something?
War is hell.
Clinton... serial rapist.

To take in another's child is admirable.

R since the age of 18... hmmmmm.......

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You know, I bet if god himself came down and turned water into wine (or gasoline), you'd complain because he was black.

You:
Ooooh, they really didn't like that one...

HYPOCRITICAL OBAMA wrote:
WND Exclusive

You:
World Nut Daily...bringing us the political equivalent of "Aliens Impregnated Me" stories, for decades.

TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
The MAN with a PLAN-AND EXPERIENCE!!!!
(open up trade to get the economy moving again, support energy independence and education--and maybe even clean the wax out of your ears!!)
ROMNEY/RYAN 2012!!
Volumes of CHEERING and APPLAUSE in Roanoke!!!!

You:
His plan is to gut the public education system, redistribute taxpayer dollars to corporations and the military, ship more jobs to Malaysia, frack for natural gas until the entire water supply is flammable, and outlaw abortion.

His experience lies in sucking the blood out of American companies, and selling off their bones. His VP's experience is as a life-long government employee, and the ins and outs of wrangling government subsidies / contracts for the Ryan family's construction business.

I think your responses can be summed up by this:

"Generally success or failure is a mighty determinant of ethics."
and
"An organizer working in and for an open society is in an ideological dilemma to begin with, he does not have a fixed truth -- truth to him is relative and changing."
---- Saul Alinsky

I doubt the accruacy of how you describe yourself.

“Alone,as I am always”

Since: Oct 12

Karachi,Pakistan

#790513 Nov 1, 2012
ralf is always angry mad person always fighting

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#790514 Nov 1, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously your perception of "homeless" is that of people sleeping in parks begging for quarters to be spent on booze, drugs and so on and to be fair that probably is the "final" version of homelessness.
But homeless people might be living with friends or family until they can get back on their feet, women and children living in shelters to escape abusive husbands/fathers. Homeless has become an umbrella word to describe various human situations.
As we speak, there are perhaps a couple of hundred thousand "new" homeless folks in the areas affected by the superstorm and I for one wouldn't mind it if some of those folks head to Central Florida with their insurance/FEMA checks to take advantage of really cheap homes and rents left behind by our financial tragedy.
If you are living in someone else's home, you are not homeless. You're a dependent, whether those supporting you are allowed to declare you as a dependent or not.

Homeless is just that - without a home to live in. If you live in someone else's home, you're not homeless.

Private charities provide more beds and meals for the homeless than there are homeless. Why don't you go do some research for us and tonight count the number of empty beds in these homeless shelters.
Why are there empty beds in homeless shelters, and so many homeless sleeping on the streets, you ask?
Because you can't bring drugs and booze into these homeless shelters.

“Alone,as I am always”

Since: Oct 12

Karachi,Pakistan

#790515 Nov 1, 2012
dbw ow many girls you have raped 10098 or 1097 tell me

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#790516 Nov 1, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Huh?
Is that part of the three little pigs story???
Well, that explains a lot.
finding

Brookland, AR

#790517 Nov 1, 2012
sonicfilter wrote:
It's that time of year, my last column before the elections on Tuesday. I have tried hard to keep an open mind throughout the campaign, balancing evolving opinions, the fact that I consistently vote a split ticket and the fact that both my father and mother were lifelong Republicans. They would probably roll over in their graves up on Rose Hill if they were to see this column.
My decision to vote for the re-election of Barack Obama has five poles.
The first is the position stated two years ago by Republican Senate leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky. that "the single most important thing we want to achieve" is to make Mr. Obama a one-term president. Mr. McConnell did not say he would work to pass legislation in the best interests of the American people. He said he would work most of all to get rid of Mr. Obama.
Yet Mitt Romney, the Republican Party's presidential nominee, even when he is trying to sound reasonable and bipartisan, has never said Mr. McConnell should step down as the GOP leader in the Senate. That is a reason not only to vote against Mr. Romney, but also to vote against Republican Senate and House candidates.
Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/opinion/d...
I doubt your vote will amount to much. We don't need four more yrs of the same ole same ole thing. I want to feel safe in my country, Benghazi for example, they turned their back on those four men, the muslims has bommies blessings, another four more yrs and we will be led by muslims.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#790518 Nov 1, 2012
flack wrote:
Finally in: the total snowfall at the farm. 38" Yes that's right 38". Over three feet. I don't miss that crap! It will however let the ski resorts open a month early.
Maybe in a drift.

www.register-herald.com/

About two feet total in the region__heavy snow causes a lot of problems when it falls and then again when it starts to melt. Thirty seven degrees at present__a lot of power outages.

It takes a long time for those folks to get "the power back up."

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#790519 Nov 1, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!!!!!
Romney down five in Ohio.
Romney down four in Wisconsin
Romney down one in Florida.
Romney down eight in penn
Romney down two in Virginia.
Thanks for playing you fkn tea bag stooge.
Looks like all your guy has to do is swing five states he can't win in under a week.
What excuse will Obama use to miss Romney's inauguration? You know getting slaughtered just like what happened in the mid-term elections will be too much for his overblown ego to handle.
There aren't any hostages to be released like Jimmah Cahtah had.

What excuse do you think Obama will use to skip Romney's inauguration?

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

#790520 Nov 1, 2012
Sondra wrote:
On Friday, Obama appeared on MTV for “ASK OBAMA LIVE: An MTV Interview with the President” for one last push to win over the hearts of the generation that secured his victory in 2008.
The president had no fresh material, but it was clear he knows his campaign is hemorrhaging support from the more than 20 million 18- to 29-year-olds who’ll vote this year — votes he can’t afford to lose.
The president will milk every ounce of celebrity status he can, because he sure can’t run on his economic youth record or his broken promises.
America has shed 397,000 net youth jobs since Obama took office. The 4.7 million Americans under 30 now looking for work represent 40 percent of the unemployed population.
This president has the worst youth-unemployment record in postwar history. Youth unemployment has averaged 17.5 percent the last four years; no other presidency has come close to matching it.
On his watch, youth incomes have fallen 6 percent while costs for young people have skyrocketed.
In 2008, Obama said,“When I’m president, I will make college affordable for every American.” Instead, college tuition has risen 25 percent in the last four years and continues to climb.
Students have been forced to take out massive loans to pay for tuition increases. Under Obama, national student-loan debt has grown to more than $1 trillion; according to Young America’s Foundation’s Youth Misery Index, the average student graduates with $4,000 more in student loans than did those graduating when the president took office.
Other bills are up, too: Gasoline prices have more than doubled in the last four years, and food prices continue to rise.
The lack of job prospects and the rise in the cost of living have left young Americans economically miserable and wondering what happened to those 2008 promises of “hope” and “change.”
President Obama’s lofty rhetoric four years ago gave young Americans a renewed faith in government. We were told we’d be able to “tell our children that this was the moment when we began to provide care for the sick and good jobs to the jobless ... and our planet began to heal.”
Obama also said he’d “cut the deficit we inherited in half by the end of my first term” with “the most transparent administration ever.”
Four years later, health care is even more unaffordable, millions have dropped out of the workforce, the deficits have doubled and the president has hidden scandals while claiming “executive privilege.”
In one term, Obama has morphed from the “purple president” into a candidate whose ads have been 73 percent negative, compared to 36 percent for Romney. The optimism from 2008 has vanished.
Young Americans couldn’t be more disappointed, which is exactly why youth voter enthusiasm — young people who say they will “definitely vote”— has fallen 30 points since 2008, from 78 percent to 48 percent.
He promised to unify the country and give everyone a fair shot. Four years later, the president has failed to keep his promises, and young Americans have lost faith in the political system.
No matter how many times Katy Perry or Bruce Springsteen beg them, young Americans won’t (to steal a phrase from Obama) get “Obamnesia” and forget the last four miserable years. We haven’t gone “forward,” we haven’t seen positive “change” and we’ve lost “hope.” Slogans and celebrities won’t fool young voters again.
What's a matter, Sondra Jane, you shouldn't paste all that crap from the New York Post without any citation...it's intellectual theft and a really big tell. lol
Sondra

Edison, NJ

#790521 Nov 1, 2012
worker wrote:
Did you see the photo op Romeny was having when he was taking donations for Sandy. And did you hear how sincere he was about helping the needy. Come on folks, this guy is just about the rich. 95% of the tax break goes to the rich. His own taxes will go down from 14% to 1%. It doesn't matter about the 47% of Americans. In fact it won't matter if any of his crap will work. He will be doing really good off the backs of the American people.
Vote Obama/Biden 2012 middle class
What has Obama/Biden done for the middle class in the last four years? Romney is successful and not from being senator for 143 days and writing two supposed autobiographies that distort the truth to fit his agenda.

I don't care about Romney's money. I care about my money and what Obama has done with it so far:

Electric Cars
Obama handed over billions of dollars in loan guarantees and stimulus awards pursuant to his goal of putting one-million electric vehicles on the road by 2015. Much of that money ended up leaving our shores. A $2.4 billion stimulus program to support battery production sent nearly half of its money to foreign firms, including two South Korean companies that used their awards to hire foreign nationals in Michigan to do work that Americans easily could have done. In the end, despite all the money Obama handed out, electric vehicle sales have lagged and The Washington Post deemed his goal of one million electric cars "overly optimistic."

Manufacturing TaxCredits
As Obama was doling out over $2.3 billion in clean energy manufacturing tax credits that were supposed to create jobs in America,$880 million went to foreign firms. Worse still, some of those same recipients are now closing up shop and shipping jobs overseas.

Wind Farms
Obama's stimulus included over $8.5 billion in grants for wind farms that flowed overseas, despite Congressional criticism from both sides of the aisle. In total, over half of the money went to either foreign developers or foreign wind turbine manufacturers, creating thousands of jobs overseas with money that was supposed to create jobs within the United States. Even worse, hundreds of millions of dollars went to wind farms that began construction before the stimulus was passed. The end result of all this spending: the wind energy industry lost 10,000 jobs last year.

Loan Guarantees
Remember Solyndra? The problems with Obama's loan guarantee program don't end there. The largest recipient of Obama's program to jumpstart green energy projects was the Spanish Company Abengoa, which took in $2.7 billion in loan guarantees for three of its projects. Other projects importing foreign-made solar panels are, much in the same way as Fisker Automotive, choosing to make their products overseas.

Cronyism
Swiss-Based Landis+Gyr Received Over $50 Million In Stimulus Contracts For Their Smart Grid Meters. Cathy Zoi, A Former Obama Energy Department Official, Held Over $250,000 Worth Of Stock In The Company As They Profited From Her Department's Policies. Zoi Had Previously Served As An Executive Director At Landis+Gyr Before Joining The Obama Administration.

Obama's record: Zero of the promised transparency with legislation. Zero accountability but plenty of blame, demonizing and fingerpointing at those who dare to disagree with him.

Send him back to teaching college, you can take a class and admire Obama while Romney, a successful businessman, gets the country back on track with real leadership, not from behind and without apologies.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#790522 Nov 1, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"flack"
You hit the nail on the head. "real dumbs" post are sure to cause a chuckle of disbelief.
Peace
Thanks Easy. Making a pot of deer chilli for the WVU game this weekend.
TheIndependentMa jority

Nancy, KY

#790523 Nov 1, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Christie may have ended his political future....
he should have been demanding of Obama, instead of fawning....
Folks will be po'd in Joisey if Romney tries to steal Christie away when ROMNEY/RYAN wins....

Obammer 2012-FWEEDUHM checks fer everone! HAW-YEE!

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012-REAL Qualified Economic Experience for ALL America again-NOT just some!! YEE-HAW!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#790526 Nov 1, 2012
Who’s going to break the News on November 6, to Obama that he’s now a former President will WH call Carter to console Obama in his time of Need?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min wojar 177,340
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Cali Girl 2014dal 49,448
The Israel Lobby Eliminates Another Critic 1 hr Jew Snakes 1
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr JOEL 68,935
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Silly times 4,662
Engagement Ring 3 hr rodeo3queen 4
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr truth-facts 46,292
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Phil Indeblanc 97,916
•••
Chicago Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search