Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 36,607)

Showing posts 732,121 - 732,140 of1,036,660
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
HYPOCRITICAL OBAMA

Vass, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789264
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

President Obama has accused Mitt Romney of raking in profits from investing in companies that ship American jobs overseas, but according to his most recent financial disclosure, he and First Lady Michelle Obama have hundreds of thousands of dollars in a mutual fund that has large holdings in corporations that outsource jobs.

“(Romney) invested in companies that have been called ‘pioneers’ of outsourcing,” Obama said at a Saturday campaign event in Glen Allen, Va.“I don’t want a pioneer in outsourcing. I want some insourcing.”

But Obama’s own portfolio shows a willingness to invest in American corporations that have shifted employment overseas.

In his most recent financial disclosure from 2011, Obama and his wife reported having between $200,000 and $450,000 in the Vanguard 500 Index Fund, which invests in the largest U.S. corporations. According to a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission, as of Sept. 30, 2011, the fund’s biggest holding was 8,272,039 shares of Apple Inc., then valued at $3.2 billion.

The New York Times reported in January:

Not long ago, Apple boasted that its products were made in America. Today, few are. Almost all of the 70 million iPhones, 30 million iPads and 59 million other products Apple sold last year were manufactured overseas….

“Apple’s an example of why it’s so hard to create middle-class jobs in the U.S. now,” said Jared Bernstein, who until last year was an economic adviser to the White House.

“If it’s the pinnacle of capitalism, we should be worried.”

The mutual fund that the Obamas have invested in also held 94,582,281 million shares of General Electric, valued at $1.4 billion, as of the SEC filing. The multinational conglomorate has a long history of outsourcing – according to a new book cited by the New York Times, in 1989,“G.E. became the first U.S. company to outsource software work to India.” Obama also has close ties to GE’s CEO, Jeffrey Immelt, who was appointed as chairman of his outside panel of economic advisers last year.

In addition to Apple and GE, the Obamas’ fund listed 10,655,961 shares of International Business Machines, valued at $1.9 billion. As the Wall Street Journal reported in 2009,“The technology giant has been steadily building its work force in India and other locations while reducing the number of workers based in the U.S. Foreign workers accounted for 71% of Big Blue’s nearly 400,000 employees at the start of the year, up from about 65% in 2006.”

The point in this is not to say outsourcing is wrong. Corporations are supposed to maximize profits for shareholders. But Obama’s own portfolio shows that despite his heated rhetoric, he makes investment decisions without regard to whether companies are outsourcing.

You can look at a full list of the fund’s holdings as of Sept. 30, 2011, here.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789265
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

sonicfilter wrote:
The Making Of Romney's Storm Relief Event
A scramble to depoliticize a political campaign, and $5,000 in supplies from Wal-Mart.“Just grab something.”
The plan was for supporters to bring hurricane relief supplies to the event, and then deliver the bags of canned goods, packages of diapers, and cases of water bottles to the candidate, who would be perched behind a table along with a slew of volunteers and his Ohio right-hand man, Senator Rob Portman. To complete the project and photo-op, Romney would lead his crew in carrying the goods out of the gymnasium and into the Penske rental truck parked outside.
But the last-minute nature of the call for donations left some in the campaign concerned that they would end up with an empty truck. So the night before the event, campaign aides went to a local Wal Mart and spent $5,000 on granola bars, canned food, and diapers to put on display while they waited for donations to come in, according to one staffer.(The campaign confirmed that it "did donate supplies to the relief effort," but would not specify how much it spent.)
At more senior levels of the campaign, careful consideration was being given to the tone of the program, officials said. Romney would scrap his normal stump speech and replace it with brief, optimistic remarks on the spirit of volunteerism. And Owen would still perform with his band, but he would refrain from cheerleading his candidate, and instead talk about the devastation he saw in Alabama after tornadoes tore through his home state last year.
When showtime arrived the following morning, local campaign staffers were pleasantly surprised by their supporters' generosity.
"We were incredibly pleased with the outpouring of support we received from volunteers and generous contributors from southwest and central Ohio," said Christopher Maloney, Romney's Ohio spokesman, adding, "We’re pleased that Ohio could play a role, albeit a minor one, in the relief effort."
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/the-maki...
What, no clean dishes to wash?
Purchased from WalMart? Honestly? Way to support the local economy!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789266
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

8

8

8

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Governor Christie seems to have left the good ship Mitt over FEMA,
Try to follow October News
Well, I guess we'll be seeing a photo op of Christi with Obama, then.

But...

<off topic>

... back to the discussion:

Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty disobeyed orders to “stand down” they instead “walked” while under fire to the Consulate compound from the CIA Annex.
They "walked" there, approximately a half mile, retrieved the consulate employees, and "walked" them back to the Annex. Woods and Doherty were not in an armored SUV as previously reported. They were on Foot and they were taking fire while doing so.
When Woods and Doherty safely secured the 20 to 30 employees back in the annex they took up positions on the roof, and Woods engaged communication traffic proclaiming “Where the fuck is the Spectre“, referencing the AC-130 Gunship he anticipated would be overhead by then. Obviously it was never sent.
Who in the White House gave the order for the Spectre to not do the very thing it was in Libya to do - support Americans when Al Qaeda attacked?
Who in the White House is giving orders the president should be giving?
Who's really acting as president?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789267
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
Later today, President Obama inspects damage from Hurricane Sandy along the Jersey shore, accompanied by Gov. Chris Christie, R-N.J.
They will be "talking with citizens who are recovering from the storm and thanking first responders who put their lives at risk to protect their communities," said the White House.
Another day out of the White House... Mamma gots to get her flyin' time in...
HYPOCRITICAL OBAMA

Vass, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789268
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

8

8

8

As Joel noted, Bill Clinton made a ham-handed attempt earlier to try to exploit Hurricane Sandy to attack Mitt Romney. I thought it was worth breaking down his statement to demonstrate why his point falls flat.

Here’s Clinton (video):

“I was actually listening closely to what the candidates said in these debates. In the first debate, the triumph of the moderate Mitt Romney. You remember what he did? He ridiculed the president – ridiculed the president for his efforts to fight global warming in economically beneficial ways. He said ‘Oh, you’re going to turn back the seas.’”

Clinton couldn’t have been listening too closely, because Romney never made such a statement in the first debate. In fact, neither candidate nor any moderator in the three debates ever mentioned the issue of global warming. Romney did criticize Obama’s failed investments in green energy from an economic policy standpoint. Separately, in his speech to the Republican National Convention, Romney did say,“President Obama promised to begin to slow the rise of the oceans and heal the planet. My promise is to help you and your family.” That was an attempt to mock Obama’s lofty rhetoric the first time he ran for office.

Clinton continued:

“In my part of America, we would like it if someone could’ve done that yesterday. All up and down the East Coast, there are mayors, many of them Republicans, who are being told,‘You’ve got to move these houses back away from the ocean. You’ve got to lift them up. Climate change is going to raise the water levels on a permanent basis. If you want your town insured, you have to do this.’”

So, the implication of this section is that even Republican mayors are starting to realize the consequences if we don’t address global warming. And yet, Clinton concludes by saying…

“In the real world, Barack Obama’s policies work better.”

Huh? Far from proving the efficacy of Obama’s policies, the real world evidence that Clinton presented better supports Romney’s point that it was absurd for Obama to promise to lower ocean levels.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/why-clintons-at...

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789269
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

8

8

7

from Fred.
This sums the FEMA thing up very nicely. Mitt Romney says it better than anyone else could:

Fred wrote:

As for Mr. Romney and FEMA, the liberals are excavating remarks from one of the early GOP debates. CNN’s John King asked if “the states should take on more” of a role in disaster relief as FEMA was running out of money.

Mr. Romney:“Absolutely. Every time you have an occasion to take something from the federal government and send it back to the states, that’s the right direction. And if you can go even further and send it back to the private sector, that’s even better.

“Instead of thinking in the federal budget, what we should cut—we should ask ourselves the opposite question. What should we keep? We should take all of what we’re doing at the federal level and say, what are the things we’re doing that we don’t have to do? And those things we’ve got to stop doing, because we’re borrowing $1.6 trillion more this year than we’re taking in.”

This isn’t an argument for abolishing FEMA so much as it is for the traditional federalist view that the feds shouldn’t supplant state action. As it happens, the response to Hurricane Sandy has been a model of such a division of responsibility.

Exactly. Word of the day for our liberal/progressive friends out there: FEDERALISM. It’s part of this thing called the “Constitution.” You should check it out some time.

Fred, please don't confuse these idiots with facts. They're confused enough already.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789270
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

8

8

8

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Blondie??? Is floDUH your sister?
Have fun on nobraina's flagpole "schtick" leo-the flag only goes half way up....then it starts flappin' side to side in the windbags of it's own half baked kookie dough lol.

friggin idiot worms.

Glenda the GOOD witch for POTUS 2012!
(w/Christie as prime minister lol)
fred

Newington, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789271
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Chistie/Ryan might have made a better ticket
Kenyan commie occupier atheist scum runs a muck

Man rams church, chases down pastor, beats him to death with electric guitar...
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789272
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

7

Liberals/Democrats are hoping Sandy will erase four years of Incompetence… Sorry Not Going To Work!! I’m waiting for Obama to give a speech to see how many times he Uses I/Me!!
Lincoln Duncan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789273
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I guess we'll be seeing a photo op of Christi with Obama, then.
But...
<off topic>
... back to the discussion:
Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty disobeyed orders to “stand down” they instead “walked” while under fire to the Consulate compound from the CIA Annex.
They "walked" there, approximately a half mile, retrieved the consulate employees, and "walked" them back to the Annex. Woods and Doherty were not in an armored SUV as previously reported. They were on Foot and they were taking fire while doing so.
When Woods and Doherty safely secured the 20 to 30 employees back in the annex they took up positions on the roof, and Woods engaged communication traffic proclaiming “Where the fuck is the Spectre“, referencing the AC-130 Gunship he anticipated would be overhead by then. Obviously it was never sent.
Who in the White House gave the order for the Spectre to not do the very thing it was in Libya to do - support Americans when Al Qaeda attacked?
Who in the White House is giving orders the president should be giving?
Who's really acting as president?
Problem with CIA foreign stuff is that the truth will come out in 20 years.
Cuban missile crisis details are still being revealed.

FEMA is on everyones mind

The Governor of New Jersey's state was amongst those hit the hardest, with devastation he described as incomparable to anything he'd ever seen.

A staunch Republican, and an endorser of presidential candidate Mitt Romney, Christie has crossed the aisle this week, and praised President Barack Obama for his support:

"This is much more important than any election, Piers. This is the livelihood of the people in my state," says the 50-year-old who was born in Newark. "When the president does things that deserve praise, I will give him praise.
HYPOCRITICAL OBAMA

Vass, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789274
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

( CNSNews.com )– The Obama administration allowed millions of dollars in federal stimulus funds to go to foreign companies, despite recent statements by President Barack Obama that he opposes “shipping jobs overseas."
“I want to stop giving tax breaks to companies that ship jobs and factories overseas,” Obama said in a speech in Cedar Rapids, Iowa on Tuesday.
“As long as I’m president, I will keep fighting to make sure jobs are located here in the United States of America,” said Obama.
However, Obama’s 2009 economic stimulus spending law--the $787 billion American Recovery and Reivnestment Act--gave millions of federal dollars to foreign companies or funded domestic companies that built factories in foreign countries or bought foreign products.
For example, there is the North Carolina LED manufacturer Cree Inc. Cree was awarded $39 million through a stimulus-funded tax credit program in January 2010. However, half of the company’s employees are in China and the company opened a manufacturing plant in Huizhou City, China in November 2009, according to an article in the industry publication LEDs Magazine.
solar array
DOE is making up to $9 million available over three years for improving the accuracy of solar forecasting to more accurately anticipate changes in solar power production.(Photo from Energy Department website)
According to the same article, Cree CEO Chuck Swodoba said he did not consider Cree Inc. to be run like a completely American company.
“Cree management never runs this company as a US company. We consider Cree to be a global company with local wisdoms,” Swodoba said.
Swodoba also said he would continue expanding into China, adding that Cree would keep creating jobs there because it could take advantage of both China’s human resources and its “state-of-the-art technology.”
“We will continue to invest here [China] for both human talent and the most state-of-the-art technologies,” he said.
Another example of stimulus outsourcing is Japanese wind energy firm Eurus Energy, whose U.S. subsidiary, Eurus Energy America, received $91 million in stimulus funds to build a wind farm in Texas, according to a 2010 report from American University. That wind farm reportedly was built with wind turbines manufactured by another Japanese company – Mitsubishi.
“Eurus Energy America, the U.S. subsidiary of a Japanese firm, received $91 million in stimulus money for its Bull Creek wind farm in Texas. The farm consists of 180 Mitsubishi turbines,” the American University report said.
Windpower Tax Credit
(AP Photo/Robert F. Bukaty, files)
Eurus told American University that the wind farm was actually built by British firm RES Americas and is now being run by EnXco, an American subsidiary of the French energy firm EDF Energies Nouvelles.
“Illustrating the often international nature of deals in the U.S. wind industry, a company executive told the Watchdog Institute that his company used RES Americas, a British firm, as the general contractor to build its facility. Eurus is now employing EnXco, a subsidiary of French renewable energy firm EDF Energies Nouvelles, to operate the farm,” the report said.
Another example of the Obama administration funding foreign companies is a $337 million loan guarantee from the Department of Energy’s green energy lending program.
That loan went to California energy firm Sempra Energy for a solar power array in Arizona. However, according to a Feb. 4, 2011 New York Times report, Sempra Energy bought its solar panels from the Chinese firm Suntech.
The project, known as Mesquite Solar 1, reportedly used 800,000 of the Chinese solar panels.

“God bless you, Mr. President”

Since: Jul 08

Peaceful, prosperous second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789275
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

X Obama Supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
I quit reading your bs when I came across the "you fools try to protect your own,"
I'm a registered Democrat...so I guess you are right for some, but I'm not a lib and I don't "protect my own" when it comes to the "party". I would rather elect a president based on the person and not just the party line bs.....
I perfer to think for myself, being a sheep doesn't work for me!
I don't believe you...'nuff said, and the term is prefer, btw, as in I think you prefer a Grumpy Old white Prick.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789276
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Chistie/Ryan might have made a better ticket
Well that's NOT the ticket so--IRRELEVENT.

So disregarding that "base rate fallacy"-of you "illusory types"-

(friggin worms)

ROMNEY/RYAN/CHRISTIE 2012!
ALREADY Saving America.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789277
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

sonicfilter wrote:
The Making Of Romney's Storm Relief Event
A scramble to depoliticize a political campaign, and $5,000 in supplies from Wal-Mart.“Just grab something.”
The plan was for supporters to bring hurricane relief supplies to the event, and then deliver the bags of canned goods, packages of diapers, and cases of water bottles to the candidate, who would be perched behind a table along with a slew of volunteers and his Ohio right-hand man, Senator Rob Portman. To complete the project and photo-op, Romney would lead his crew in carrying the goods out of the gymnasium and into the Penske rental truck parked outside.
But the last-minute nature of the call for donations left some in the campaign concerned that they would end up with an empty truck. So the night before the event, campaign aides went to a local Wal Mart and spent $5,000 on granola bars, canned food, and diapers to put on display while they waited for donations to come in, according to one staffer.(The campaign confirmed that it "did donate supplies to the relief effort," but would not specify how much it spent.)
At more senior levels of the campaign, careful consideration was being given to the tone of the program, officials said. Romney would scrap his normal stump speech and replace it with brief, optimistic remarks on the spirit of volunteerism. And Owen would still perform with his band, but he would refrain from cheerleading his candidate, and instead talk about the devastation he saw in Alabama after tornadoes tore through his home state last year.
When showtime arrived the following morning, local campaign staffers were pleasantly surprised by their supporters' generosity.
"We were incredibly pleased with the outpouring of support we received from volunteers and generous contributors from southwest and central Ohio," said Christopher Maloney, Romney's Ohio spokesman, adding, "We’re pleased that Ohio could play a role, albeit a minor one, in the relief effort."
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mckaycoppins/the-maki...
What, no clean dishes to wash?
So, what you're saying is, the Romney reached into its own pockets and contributed 5,000 dollars to the relief effort.

How much did Obama's campaign contribute?

That is equal to the total number of votes in Congress for all 2 of Obama's budgets he submitted of the 4 we hired him to submit in the 4 years he's been golfing around the White House - ZERO.

That's NADA, NOTHING, ZILCH.

Yup. Typical Democrat. "I'm not supposed to help. I'm just supposed to tell you what to do to help. All of you have to do everything to help. I'm just hear to make noise with my mouth."

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789278
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

So, what you're saying is, the Romney campaign reached into its own pockets and contributed 5,000 dollars to the relief effort.

How much did Obama's campaign contribute?

That is equal to the total number of votes in Congress for all 2 of Obama's budgets he submitted of the 4 we hired him to submit in the 4 years he's been golfing around the White House - ZERO.

That's NADA, NOTHING, ZILCH.

Yup. Typical Democrat. "I'm not supposed to help. I'm just supposed to tell you what to do to help. All of you have to do everything to help. I'm just hear to make noise with my mouth."
HYPOCRITICAL OBAMA

Vass, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789279
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Another example of stimulus outsourcing is Japanese wind energy firm Eurus Energy, whose U.S. subsidiary, Eurus Energy America, received $91 million in stimulus funds to build a wind farm in Texas, according to a 2010 report from American University. That wind farm reportedly was built with wind turbines manufactured by another Japanese company – Mitsubishi.

“Eurus Energy America, the U.S. subsidiary of a Japanese firm, received $91 million in stimulus money for its Bull Creek wind farm in Texas. The farm consists of 180 Mitsubishi turbines,” the American University report said.
Windpower Tax Credit

(AP Photo/Robert F. Bukaty, files)

Eurus told American University that the wind farm was actually built by British firm RES Americas and is now being run by EnXco, an American subsidiary of the French energy firm EDF Energies Nouvelles.

“Illustrating the often international nature of deals in the U.S. wind industry, a company executive told the Watchdog Institute that his company used RES Americas, a British firm, as the general contractor to build its facility. Eurus is now employing EnXco, a subsidiary of French renewable energy firm EDF Energies Nouvelles, to operate the farm,” the report said.

Another example of the Obama administration funding foreign companies is a $337 million loan guarantee from the Department of Energy’s green energy lending program.

That loan went to California energy firm Sempra Energy for a solar power array in Arizona. However, according to a Feb. 4, 2011 New York Times report, Sempra Energy bought its solar panels from the Chinese firm Suntech.

The project, known as Mesquite Solar 1, reportedly used 800,000 of the Chinese solar panels.

Perhaps the best-known example of Obama administration funding of foreign companies is its $500-million loan guarantee to Finnish automaker Fisker Automotive. That loan, part of the Energy Department’s electric vehicle lending program, was made to help Fisker establish a U.S. manufacturing presence.

However, the company never established an American factory, choosing instead to shutter its U.S. operations and continue building cars in Finland.

CNSNews.com is not funded by the government like NPR. CNSNews.com is not funded by the government like PBS.

CNSNews.com relies on individuals like you to help us report the news the liberal media distort and ignore. Please make a tax-deductible gift to CNSNews.com today. Your continued support will ensure that CNSNews.com is here reporting THE TRUTH, for a long time to come. It's fast, easy and secure.
TheIndependentMa jority

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789280
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

fred wrote:
<quoted text>
Kenyan commie occupier atheist scum runs a muck
Man rams church, chases down pastor, beats him to death with electric guitar...
HuerisTically speaking?

lol

ROMNEY/Ryan/CHRSTIE et al 2012!

Since: Aug 12

AntiObama

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789282
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
Later today, President Obama inspects damage from Hurricane Sandy along the Jersey shore, accompanied by Gov. Chris Christie, R-N.J.
They will be "talking with citizens who are recovering from the storm and thanking first responders who put their lives at risk to protect their communities," said the White House.
Last month, Obama said we would hear information as soon as it is available so we would remain updated about 911-Obamagate/Benghazi.

Instead, the silence is deafening. He let the people there die and

he aint talking. Obama risked their lives and let them die.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789284
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

HYPOCRITICAL OBAMA wrote:
As Joel noted, Bill Clinton made a ham-handed attempt earlier to try to exploit Hurricane Sandy to attack Mitt Romney. I thought it was worth breaking down his statement to demonstrate why his point falls flat.
Here’s Clinton (video):
“I was actually listening closely to what the candidates said in these debates. In the first debate, the triumph of the moderate Mitt Romney. You remember what he did? He ridiculed the president – ridiculed the president for his efforts to fight global warming in economically beneficial ways. He said ‘Oh, you’re going to turn back the seas.’”
Clinton couldn’t have been listening too closely, because Romney never made such a statement in the first debate. In fact, neither candidate nor any moderator in the three debates ever mentioned the issue of global warming. Romney did criticize Obama’s failed investments in green energy from an economic policy standpoint. Separately, in his speech to the Republican National Convention, Romney did say,“President Obama promised to begin to slow the rise of the oceans and heal the planet. My promise is to help you and your family.” That was an attempt to mock Obama’s lofty rhetoric the first time he ran for office.
Clinton continued:
“In my part of America, we would like it if someone could’ve done that yesterday. All up and down the East Coast, there are mayors, many of them Republicans, who are being told,‘You’ve got to move these houses back away from the ocean. You’ve got to lift them up. Climate change is going to raise the water levels on a permanent basis. If you want your town insured, you have to do this.’”
So, the implication of this section is that even Republican mayors are starting to realize the consequences if we don’t address global warming. And yet, Clinton concludes by saying…
“In the real world, Barack Obama’s policies work better.”
Huh? Far from proving the efficacy of Obama’s policies, the real world evidence that Clinton presented better supports Romney’s point that it was absurd for Obama to promise to lower ocean levels.
http://washingtonexaminer.com/why-clintons-at...
So, we have Bill Clinton saying we can stop the Earth from warming.
The Earth has been warming since the end of the peak of the last Ice Age.
This would happen even if humans never existed.

I'd like to hear how Clinton thinks humans can stop the Earth from going through its natural evolution.

... well????

“All Human Freedom began”

Since: May 10

Happy Pesach

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#789285
Oct 31, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Why are Bush and Cheney still out of prison. Wonder if Sith Cheney's new heart was obtained through the China to Israel black market...you fools try to protect your own, but if there's any justice those two will be in hell before their feet get cold. "An administrator for the estates of Stephen Helvenston, Mike Teague, Jerko Zovko and Wesley Batalona sued Blackwater in 2005 after the security contractors were killed by Iraqi insurgents while escorting a supply convoy in Fallujah.
They were beaten, burned and executed. Two of the charred bodies were strung from a bridge over the Euphrates River. Images of the events disturbed Americans at one of the low points for the United States during the Iraqi occupation.
Blackwater, which changed its name to Xe Services and then to Academi, came to symbolize the U.S. policy of hiring private contractors to perform work previously handled by the military.
The lawsuit accused the company of sending the contractors into a high-risk environment without armored vehicles, automatic weapons and the required number of personnel." Romnesia?
How many contractors are still in Iraq?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 732,121 - 732,140 of1,036,660
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

61 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 min Catfish Hunter 96,269
Abby 4-23 20 min PEllen 29
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 23 min Jacques from Ottawa 167,716
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 29 min _Zoey_ 4,040
Amy 4-23 48 min cheluzal 40
8 shot across Chicago in less than seven hours 1 hr hands on AR 4
Homeowner shooting dead two teens who broke int... 1 hr hands on AR 4
ask amy 4-22 7 hr Sublime1 69
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••