Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#790414 Nov 1, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think she ever thought of something like logistics?
The entire states rights mantra is a desire to be able to discriminate against people. Bring back slavery; out law abortion, put women in jail for having one, etc.
Pollute our fields, streams, oceans at random. Drill in the Everglades, who cares if the whole damn state blows up.
Trust me, the first national disaster and they'll all be crying:
Someone has to do something.
Many people believe that Obama's election in 2008 was the first national disaster. The voters will do something next week: electing Romney, instead of an inexperienced proven incompetent failure.

Since: May 11

Biglerville, PA

#790415 Nov 1, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you conducted that poll at a NAMBLA convention, or a collection of Midnight Basketball courts.
... or just asked each person in line outside your door last night.
I find in informative that the only people that discuss NAMBLA are right whiners, especially Tea Party members.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#790416 Nov 1, 2012
dim wrote:
Smoking Gun proof that Obama and Hillary Clinton are incompetent:
The U.S. Mission in Benghazi convened an “emergency meeting” less than a month before the assault that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans, because Al Qaeda had training camps in Benghazi and the consulate could not defend against a “coordinated attack,” according to a classified cable reviewed by Fox News.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/31/ex...
FOX rewrite #37 and it's still total bullshyte.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#790417 Nov 1, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
FEMA currently does work with states to provide the needed money & supplies & personnel.
I guess you want every state to maintain all these things instead of the federal government. How stupid is that.%0- stockpiles & people instead of one central.
The fact is Romney was all for tossing FEMA when trying to the votes of the far right & now he is all for FEMA since the storm.
The dumb bastard needs to make up his mind & quit pandering on each & every issue.
Give the money directly to the states. There's no reason why the federal government needs to skim off the top. Anything necessary from the federal government can be handled by the Corps of Engineers or Department of Transportation.
FEMA is just one of many, many government institutions that can be eliminated by combining their elements with existing departments with duplicate functions.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#790418 Nov 1, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What jobs? You just added millions to the unemployment rolls. No just government jobs.
Good! Cut the blood suckers loose!!! Not the police, nor firemen, or teachers. Cut the damn paper pushing bureaucratic slugs who serve no purpose but to push more papers to justify there sorry ass. If you can't afford the government cut the government till you can!!!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#790419 Nov 1, 2012
<quoted text>
Do you really think she ever thought of something like logistics?
The entire states rights mantra is a desire to be able to discriminate against people. Bring back slavery; out law abortion, put women in jail for having one, etc.
Pollute our fields, streams, oceans at random. Drill in the Everglades, who cares if the whole damn state blows up.
Trust me, the first national disaster and they'll all be crying:
Someone has to do something.
Unfortunately, but honestly, if I could be sure that it was the carols, freds, and damnably bad writers of the country that would suffer, I would take a page out of the Grumpy Old Pig debates and say, "Let 'em die." (applause)

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#790421 Nov 1, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Why isn't Fox News covering romneys upcoming loss?
They don't cover fantasy. Just the facts, fair and balanced.
:-D

“Gobble, gobble”

Since: Oct 12

Cuckoo's Nest, PA

#790422 Nov 1, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Why isn't Fox News covering romneys upcoming loss?
Simple. It's because they will be covering Obamas loss, OWS fktard.

Gobble, gobble! Turkey.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#790424 Nov 1, 2012
perhaps President Romney was correct in urging direct relief instead of sending money to the Red Cross.....

Staten Island Borough President: Don’t Give Money to the Red Cross

At a press conference this morning on Staten Island, a host of local officials, including Senators Chuck Schumer and Kirsten Gillibrand, gathered to highlight the needs of the hard-hit borough in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy. And, although many pols spoke, no one was more impassioned than Borough President James Molinaro, who called the Red Cross an “absolute disgrace” and even urged the public to cease giving them contributions.

“Because the devastation in Staten Island, the lack of a response,” Mr. Molinaro said to explain his comment to NBC after the press conference.“You know, I went to a shelter Monday night after the storm. People were coming in with no socks, with no shoes. They were in desperate need. Their housing was destroyed. They were crying. Where was the Red Cross? Isn’t that their function? They collect millions of dollars. Whenever there’s a drive in Staten Island, we give openly and honestly. Where are they? Where are they? I was at the South Shore yesterday, people were buried in their homes. There the dogs are trying to find bodies. The people there, the neighbors who had no electricity, were making soup. Making soup. It’s very emotional because the lack of a response. The lack of a response. They’re supposed to be here….They should be on the front lines fighting, and helping the people.”

Several other local officials agreed with Mr. Molinaro’s rage over Staten Island’s situation, although they did not call out the Red Cross specifically.

“It is as the borough president, Jim Molinaro, said, it’s disgusting, it really is,” State Senator Andy Lanza said, criticizing the city for giving the go-ahead to the New York City Marathon this weekend and the focus on pumping the water out of the East River tunnels.“We’re talking about getting water of the tunnel. Let’s get the water out of the tunnel tomorrow, let’s get the people out of the water today. There’ve been thousands of people who have been displaced. There are people who are cold, who are hungry, who are without a place to go, and looking for warmth. There are people still trapped. Yet we’re talking about marathons and tunnels. I walked on the rooftop of a house yesterday, I stepped on it because the debris that surrounded it was level with the rooftop. That’s what happened here on Staten Island.”
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#790427 Nov 1, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>FOX rewrite #37 and it's still total bullshyte.
I've only seen one post trashing Christie so far. When will the witchhunt begin?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#790429 Nov 1, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Give the money directly to the states. There's no reason why the federal government needs to skim off the top. Anything necessary from the federal government can be handled by the Corps of Engineers or Department of Transportation.
FEMA is just one of many, many government institutions that can be eliminated by combining their elements with existing departments with duplicate functions.
Send money to Rick Scott? LOL!!!!
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#790430 Nov 1, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You know, I bet if god himself came down and turned water into wine (or gasoline), you'd complain because he was black.
Obama is black and he claimed to be God....but could not even function as a Chicago alderman....

the folks in New Jersey need two things above all else....electric power and gasoline....and Obama and FEMA can't do a damn thing about either.....
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#790432 Nov 1, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah whatever happened to your propaganda about Obama controlling your thermostat, azzhole
They still don't believe in global warming
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#790433 Nov 1, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
FEMA currently does work with states to provide the needed money & supplies & personnel.
I guess you want every state to maintain all these things instead of the federal government. How stupid is that.%0- stockpiles & people instead of one central.
The fact is Romney was all for tossing FEMA when trying to the votes of the far right & now he is all for FEMA since the storm.
The dumb bastard needs to make up his mind & quit pandering on each & every issue.
what "things".....

“Gobble, gobble”

Cuckoo's Nest, PA

#790435 Nov 1, 2012
Why more people watch Fox News and no longer trust the legacy in-the-tank media.

For the sixth night in a row, ABC World News, CBS Evening News, and NBC Nightly News refused to give one single second of coverage to a Fox News report that the Obama Administration denied help to those attacked and killed by terrorists at the US consulate in Benghazi on September 11. According to a Media Research Center analysis, ABC, CBS, and NBC have failed to cover this devastating story - not to confirm it, not to knock it down, and never mind do their own investigation. The story broke last Friday, long before Hurricane Sandy swamped the news cycle.

Further, neither The Washington Post nor The New York Times has committed a single inch of their newspapers to a news story about this report.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#790436 Nov 1, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
How many worthless pieces of scum (Right wing description), homeless vets do you think there are?

sistah kat labido wrote:
One is too many.
It was discovered during Clinton's tenure that 2 of every 3 homeless people were Vietnam-era veterans. After this discovery was made, the vital statistic of veteran status ceased to be collected.
The Vietnam-era veteran comprised about 3 percent of the population, and accounted for two thirds of the homeless.

Where was your outrage then?

... typical goddam Democrat hypocrite.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#790437 Nov 1, 2012
DES MOINES (The Borowitz Report)—A new Mitt Romney is emerging in the closing days of the campaign, aides say: a man who is increasingly “being eaten alive with jealousy” by President Obama’s budding relationship with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.
While Mr. Romney has told reporters that he is “totally fine” with Gov. Christie flying around in a helicopter with President Obama, privately he has told aides,“Seeing him with Chris Christie is tearing me apart.”...Continue Reading >>
Read more http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/shouts#...
Christie may have ended his political future....

he should have been demanding of Obama, instead of fawning....

“Gobble, gobble”

Cuckoo's Nest, PA

#790439 Nov 1, 2012
dem wrote:
The tiny brained neocon geriatrics are panicking.
Careful when you vote.
The righties will be homicidal by Tuesday.
What planet do you live on turkey?

I'm planning a party for Wednesday! Give us your address so we can send you a box of kleenex (oh, you must have plenty!)

“Gobble, gobble”

Cuckoo's Nest, PA

#790440 Nov 1, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed
what a wimp.
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#790442 Nov 1, 2012
DES MOINES (The Borowitz Report)—A new Mitt Romney is emerging in the closing days of the campaign, aides say: a man who is increasingly “being eaten alive with jealousy” by President Obama’s budding relationship with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.
While Mr. Romney has told reporters that he is “totally fine” with Gov. Christie flying around in a helicopter with President Obama, privately he has told aides,“Seeing him with Chris Christie is tearing me apart.”...Continue Reading >>
Read more http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/shouts#...
Many people believe you will believe anything a gossip makes believe is true. Why, many people even believe you might even believe Obama.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 12 min STEFANO COLONNA 69,482
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 14 min Ralph 98,343
Amy - 9-29-2014 17 min Ralph 28
Abby 9-30 18 min Ralph 8
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 21 min Cali Girl 2014 50,019
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 26 min Uzi 68,555
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 35 min Cancer On The pRe... 178,580

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]