Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#790395 Nov 1, 2012
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
Poll
Vice presidential preference poll!
When it comes to being a heartbeat away from the presidency, I'd rather put my trust in…
Joe Biden 6486 votes
Paul Ryan 140 votes
Not sure 32 votes
Total: 6660 votes
I suppose you conducted that poll at a NAMBLA convention, or a collection of Midnight Basketball courts.
... or just asked each person in line outside your door last night.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#790396 Nov 1, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>And you're in Florida? Where do you plan to keep all the supplies you'll need for the next Andrew? The linen closet in the condo or the U-Haul you're moving across town?
Do you really think she ever thought of something like logistics?
The entire states rights mantra is a desire to be able to discriminate against people. Bring back slavery; out law abortion, put women in jail for having one, etc.
Pollute our fields, streams, oceans at random. Drill in the Everglades, who cares if the whole damn state blows up.

Trust me, the first national disaster and they'll all be crying:
Someone has to do something.

Since: May 11

Biglerville, PA

#790398 Nov 1, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Each state would manage their own FEMA based on their own individual needs. Or something similar.
I think it's the "each state" part and "managing their own business and affairs" that stumps so many of you big government thinkers.
If you're ever going to get it, you're going to have to readjust your thinking.
Try thinking major reforms, having more money in your pocket and states governing themselves instead of an overbloated federal government.
I won't be back on here until Sunday, so put this in your favorites and refer back to it every now and then.
Maybe it will help.
Have a good weekend.
FEMA currently does work with states to provide the needed money & supplies & personnel.

I guess you want every state to maintain all these things instead of the federal government. How stupid is that.%0- stockpiles & people instead of one central.

The fact is Romney was all for tossing FEMA when trying to the votes of the far right & now he is all for FEMA since the storm.

The dumb bastard needs to make up his mind & quit pandering on each & every issue.

“Gobble, gobble”

Since: Oct 12

Cuckoo's Nest, PA

#790400 Nov 1, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. These are people who served thos country. Now they are homeless.
Being homes does NOT mean you are a drunk, drug addict, lazy, irresponsible, etc.
Who's homes? Is that your mother?

Why are you mentioning all of your attibutes in a public forum?

Are you one of Obamas CORPESMen?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#790401 Nov 1, 2012
dim wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama already sent in the tire pressure guages. Energy Policy circa 2009.
Since they don't have gas for drive-by shooting, he'll probably tell them to keep their thermostats at home on ambient temperature until the electricity is restored.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#790402 Nov 1, 2012
<quoted text>
Oh yes, the each state argument: Then you'd have situations like Jan Brewer helping only who she deemed worthy of help.
No thanks; It's never going to happen.
You've been sold that bill of crap and don't understand the ramifications of it. There would be so much corruption that your head would spin off.
Her head spun off long ago.

Agree that the states are not capable of handling their own money__particularly the disaster prone ones__like ours.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#790403 Nov 1, 2012
DES MOINES (The Borowitz Report)—A new Mitt Romney is emerging in the closing days of the campaign, aides say: a man who is increasingly “being eaten alive with jealousy” by President Obama’s budding relationship with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.

While Mr. Romney has told reporters that he is “totally fine” with Gov. Christie flying around in a helicopter with President Obama, privately he has told aides,“Seeing him with Chris Christie is tearing me apart.”...Continue Reading >>

Read more http://www.newyorker.com/online/blogs/shouts#...
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#790404 Nov 1, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You know, I bet if god himself came down and turned water into wine (or gasoline), you'd complain because he was black.
Many people believe that you believe the messiah Obama is the babydaddy of your abused child.

“Gobble, gobble”

Cuckoo's Nest, PA

#790405 Nov 1, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>You know, I bet if god himself came down and turned water into wine (or gasoline), you'd complain because he was black.
No, you'd complain because it wasn't the ghost of Stalin.

Biglerville, PA

#790406 Nov 1, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> HAHAHAHAHAhahaha!!!
I see the truth is something you can't handle.
Sondra

Edison, NJ

#790408 Nov 1, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. These are people who served thos country. Now they are homeless.
Being homes does NOT mean you are a drunk, drug addict, lazy, irresponsible, etc.
Of course not, being homeless could be a result of The Great Obama Recession and Non-Recovery. How many businesses will tell the same sad story if this sad excuse for a president is re-elected?

Joe The Plumber Dead 2012
&fe ature=colike

The story of a multi-million dollar plumbing company that could not survive the Obama RECOVERY. Many thanks to Wells Fargo for not being there when we needed them. They were unwilling to pick up the phone and tell us that until it was too late. But then again they only ignored all follow-up attempts for 13 months in all. Too big to do it right or even care.

Thank you to the thousands of good wishes and blessings sent our way because of our story. We will rise again because that's who we are. Our prayers and thoughts are with all those who have shared their story and struggle. May we all do whatever we can to make sure we vote if you haven't already.
brown eyes

Roanoke, VA

#790409 Nov 1, 2012
Virginia is Obamaland Romney. Your lies won't work in this state.
Obama Biden

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#790410 Nov 1, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>
World Nut Daily...bringing us the political equivalent of "Aliens Impregnated Me" stories, for decades.
Read a book.
I suggest this one:
http://www.amazon.com/dp/038549081X/ref=rdr_e...
I suggest two:

Paradise Lost and Uncle Tom's Cabin

The combination of the two perfectly describes today.

“Gobble, gobble”

Cuckoo's Nest, PA

#790412 Nov 1, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
FEMA currently does work with states to provide the needed money & supplies & personnel.
I guess you want every state to maintain all these things instead of the federal government. How stupid is that.%0- stockpiles & people instead of one central.
The fact is Romney was all for tossing FEMA when trying to the votes of the far right & now he is all for FEMA since the storm.
The dumb bastard needs to make up his mind & quit pandering on each & every issue.
FEMA so Democrat-like, the help line told everyone without power to visit their website.

Wow - you are so smart!
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

#790414 Nov 1, 2012
<quoted text>
The entire states rights mantra is a desire to be able to discriminate against people. Bring back slavery; out law abortion, put women in jail for having one, etc.
Pollute our fields, streams, oceans at random. Drill in the Everglades, who cares if the whole damn state blows up.
Many people believe that Obama's election in 2008 was the first national disaster. The voters will do something next week: electing Romney, instead of an inexperienced proven incompetent failure.

Biglerville, PA

#790415 Nov 1, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose you conducted that poll at a NAMBLA convention, or a collection of Midnight Basketball courts.
... or just asked each person in line outside your door last night.
I find in informative that the only people that discuss NAMBLA are right whiners, especially Tea Party members.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#790416 Nov 1, 2012
dim wrote:
Smoking Gun proof that Obama and Hillary Clinton are incompetent:
The U.S. Mission in Benghazi convened an “emergency meeting” less than a month before the assault that killed Ambassador Chris Stevens and three other Americans, because Al Qaeda had training camps in Benghazi and the consulate could not defend against a “coordinated attack,” according to a classified cable reviewed by Fox News.
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/10/31/ex...
FOX rewrite #37 and it's still total bullshyte.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#790417 Nov 1, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Give the money directly to the states. There's no reason why the federal government needs to skim off the top. Anything necessary from the federal government can be handled by the Corps of Engineers or Department of Transportation.
FEMA is just one of many, many government institutions that can be eliminated by combining their elements with existing departments with duplicate functions.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#790418 Nov 1, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
What jobs? You just added millions to the unemployment rolls. No just government jobs.
Good! Cut the blood suckers loose!!! Not the police, nor firemen, or teachers. Cut the damn paper pushing bureaucratic slugs who serve no purpose but to push more papers to justify there sorry ass. If you can't afford the government cut the government till you can!!!

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#790419 Nov 1, 2012
<quoted text>
Unfortunately, but honestly, if I could be sure that it was the carols, freds, and damnably bad writers of the country that would suffer, I would take a page out of the Grumpy Old Pig debates and say, "Let 'em die." (applause)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Dale 182,248
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Frijoles 71,297
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 4,926
Chicago police stop black motorists more, ACLU ... 1 hr joey 9
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 68,923
Fight at Navy Pier 3 hr ThejigsANDnigsAll 4
Song Titles Only (group/artist in parenthesis m... (Mar '10) 5 hr _Zoey_ 7,872
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web