Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#789922 Oct 31, 2012
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"dumos"
Boy you are a piece of manure. Fox News broadcast the entire meeting between Governor Christie and president nobama, their entire speeches when they were delivered and clips were run afterwords.
Why are you such a sorry sack of manure? Do you practice?
Peace
KMA
Keep trying, someday you might say something somebody gives a sh it about.

It'll be dumb luck but something of a victory nonetheless ...
carol

Orlando, FL

#789923 Oct 31, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
especially when the cameras are there. Like volunteering washing pots& pans at the soup kitchen.
You're such a bitter skeptic. Obama was at one of his too many to count fundraisers partying.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#789924 Oct 31, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I landed on Budapest, ever been?
Nice! No, I haven't, how do you like it? You know the Finns and Hungarians are cousins? Hungaro and Suomi!
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#789926 Oct 31, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly what I was thinking, or something very close. He ignores the opposition who represent half the country his entire presidency, then does what any president would have done in a natural disaster, a Republican governor thanks him for it and the liberals are completely beside themselves saying peace on earth good will towards men.
Odd.
The self-serving bias
It is well known that people tend to accept credit for success and deny responsibility for failure. More generally, we also tend to attribute our success to internal factors such as ability, but attribute failure to external factors such as bad luck or task difficulty.This is known as the self-serving bias.

Pretty much sums THAT scenario up lol.

(except we have to cut opotus a little slack here Carol--because in this instance-- it's really his topix lemming herd pack of mindless velveteenage bootlicker zombies, exhibiting the obvious socio-illogical patterns).

ROMNEY/RYAN/CHRISTIE et al 2012!
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#789927 Oct 31, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
East Coast middle class and poor seem to be under water and without electricity.
Voters have a clear choice
beach properties hardest hit......and that's the rich folks....
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#789928 Oct 31, 2012
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
East Coast middle class and poor seem to be under water and without electricity.
Voters have a clear choice
20,000 still stranded. Bellevue evacuated 700 patients! Incredible.

Location hidden

#789929 Oct 31, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
This must mean we're still on speaking terms.
So how are you doing Tenzing? Really. Do you still live where your animals were or have you moved?
I hope you're doing okay and getting on with your life again. I really do.
I'm doing extremely well thankyouverymuch.

I'm going on vacation to Europe next week, what are you doing?
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#789931 Oct 31, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I can think of 50+ who didn't.
one killed locally when a tree fell on his house....not much can be done about that......

Location hidden

#789932 Oct 31, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not responsible for what anyone else says on here. Your "friends" should be proof of that. Unless, of course, you agree with everything they have said.
I also don't know who he's referring to or the context of the reply or even what he's talking about.
This does not even deserve comment so for the record I am withholding comment.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#789934 Oct 31, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
hospital generator probably installed by union electricians and checked by union building inspectors....what could possibly go wrong....

Location hidden

#789935 Oct 31, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm actually looking first to states having the power to manage their own affairs instead of the federal government micromanaging every aspect of our lives.
Which is a big reason why I'm voting for Romney.
Don't know about those on the left. They like big government just the way it is.
Glad at least you don't. But you just vote for people who will never be elected and complain about the ones who are.
I don't know if you've noticed but States have governments too. State's rights are a distinction without a difference in case you were trying to pay attention in Foxland.
TheIndependentMa jority

London, KY

#789936 Oct 31, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah well, 5gs worth of crap goes a long way for 6 million people with no electricity.
They weren't asking for crap Homer--they NEED access to FOOD and water.

Granola is actually an EXCELLENT choice-energy wise AND health wise...NO electricity required.

See how LOGIC, rationality, stability and common sense actually work now--when there's people in leadership positions that actually have some?

ROMNEY/RYAN/CHRISTIE et al 2012!!
Already SAVING America!
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#789937 Oct 31, 2012
<quoted text>
wanna bet that, just like Fukushima, the hospital located the emergency generator (or the fuel tank) in the basement......
carol

Orlando, FL

#789938 Oct 31, 2012
NBC News Economy Watch

http://www.nbcnews.com/business/economywatch/... -

Voters will be getting their last glimpse of the crucial monthly jobs data from the federal government on Friday, three days before heading to the polls to choose who will occupy the White House for the next four years.

This so-called headline jobless rate, cited most frequently despite its limitations, is expected to edge up to 7.9 percent in October, after it dropped to 7.8 percent in September from 8.1 percent in August.

"The U.S. economy remains locked on an anemic growth path into the elections and fiscal cliff,” said Benjamin Engen, a market economist for Action Economics.

That could add fuel to Romney's assertions that Obama’s policies have held back hiring during one of the slowest economic recoveries in a half century.

The pace of growth hasn’t been strong enough to spark enough hiring to bring the jobless rate down to levels normally seen four years after the end of a recession.

The sluggish pace of hiring has also been blamed on increasing uncertainty by business managers about the state of the economy next year if the next Congress and White House proceed with a large package of tax increases and spending cuts. The so-called “fiscal cliff” was intended to force Congress to commit to reining in budget deficits. But most economists warn that, unless modified or postponed, the measure will almost certainly tip the economy back into recession next year.

...NBC News, mind you, reporting that unless Congress commits to reining in budget deficits, it "will almost certainly tip the economy back into recession next year."

Let's try and recall who rejected reining in budget deficits...

Location hidden

#789939 Oct 31, 2012
<quoted text>
Nice! No, I haven't, how do you like it? You know the Finns and Hungarians are cousins? Hungaro and Suomi!
I'm not there yet, next week.
carol

Orlando, FL

#789940 Oct 31, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
This does not even deserve comment so for the record I am withholding comment.
If he was talking to you about your son, I totally reject what he said.

But I'm not even sure what your comment means.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#789941 Oct 31, 2012
TheIndependentMajority wrote:
<quoted text>
They weren't asking for crap Homer--they NEED access to FOOD and water.
Granola is actually an EXCELLENT choice-energy wise AND health wise...NO electricity required.
See how LOGIC, rationality, stability and common sense actually work now--when there's people in leadership positions that actually have some?
ROMNEY/RYAN/CHRISTIE et al 2012!!
Already SAVING America!
Red Cross wants money to buy granola bars....after deducting overhead costs.....delivery next month.....
carol

Orlando, FL

#789942 Oct 31, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know if you've noticed but States have governments too. State's rights are a distinction without a difference in case you were trying to pay attention in Foxland.
Whatever Tenzing. I'm too tired to go around and around in circles and end up going nowhere with your kind of logic tonight.

But I hope you're doing well.

Later.

Location hidden

#789943 Oct 31, 2012
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
one killed locally when a tree fell on his house....not much can be done about that......
Really? I'd have thought you would take Obama to task for that one.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

#789944 Oct 31, 2012
carol wrote:
NBC News Economy Watch
http://www.nbcnews.com/business/economywatch/... -
Voters will be getting their last glimpse of the crucial monthly jobs data from the federal government on Friday, three days before heading to the polls to choose who will occupy the White House for the next four years.
This so-called headline jobless rate, cited most frequently despite its limitations, is expected to edge up to 7.9 percent in October, after it dropped to 7.8 percent in September from 8.1 percent in August.
"The U.S. economy remains locked on an anemic growth path into the elections and fiscal cliff,” said Benjamin Engen, a market economist for Action Economics.
That could add fuel to Romney's assertions that Obama’s policies have held back hiring during one of the slowest economic recoveries in a half century.
The pace of growth hasn’t been strong enough to spark enough hiring to bring the jobless rate down to levels normally seen four years after the end of a recession.
The sluggish pace of hiring has also been blamed on increasing uncertainty by business managers about the state of the economy next year if the next Congress and White House proceed with a large package of tax increases and spending cuts. The so-called “fiscal cliff” was intended to force Congress to commit to reining in budget deficits. But most economists warn that, unless modified or postponed, the measure will almost certainly tip the economy back into recession next year.
...NBC News, mind you, reporting that unless Congress commits to reining in budget deficits, it "will almost certainly tip the economy back into recession next year."
Let's try and recall who rejected reining in budget deficits...
announced rate likely to be 7.5 % or less after books are cooked....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min Kristy 46,711
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 12 min buildings 49,862
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Chicagoan by Birth 178,074
Amy 9-20 37 min PEllen 3
Abby 9-20 45 min PEllen 4
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 1 hr Corrupt Democrats 1,929
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr edogxxx 98,233
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE