Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
731,461 - 731,480 of 1,078,891 Comments Last updated 3 min ago

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually they have.
There is no proof possible, on;y models & predictions based on events past & present.
Look at this hurricane. Many weather scientists had Sandy going out to sea.
But one group said no. Their model had it turning left.
If it were up to the moronic right, they would have demanded proof & called these people morons & have done nothing to prepare.
Thank Gos we had sane people in charge. Many lives were saved.
That was probably your global warming so-called "scientists" making those models.
If you recall, almost a week before the storm struck New Jersey, I posted here a warning about a hurricane scheduled to hit New York, and I said it would hit New York about noon Tuesday.
Ultimately, the storm turned west just a little south of where it was predicted to turn west almost a week before it came ashore.
Those are the weather models I get.
But, I have to plan things like drilling deepwater wells at anywhere from 200 to 500 million a well. We don't spend money on bullshit science when that kind of money is being spent in the PRIVATE economy.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
Is Russia America's friend or foe?
"The 'sleeping bear' has been pretty restless lately: it has vetoed U.N. Security Council resolutions on Syria and blocked U.S.-led diplomatic efforts to end the civil war there; it has refused to pressure Tehran, even though it helped build Iran's nuclear enrichment program; and relentless push-back by Russian President Vladimir Putin against basing a missile defense shield in Poland and the Czech Republic – both former Soviet satellite states – has left those two NATO members exposed and nervous."
http://worldnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012/10/31...
Sure hope Obama reads this.
Unless he doesn't get the chance to become "more flexible", I mean.
cut and paste

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

eviction notice wrote:
<quoted text>Michelle obama is planning a flash mob at the Whitehouse as we speak.George and Weezie don't seem to want to give up there piece of the PIE I I.
Seems George is in cold storage because the family is squabbling about who should get what is left of his not so large estate. He said he was an only ghild but some dude has claimed he is his brother. So DNA is being collected. Been dead three month and in cold storage.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> So you say that NJ & NY are on their own. Great plan.
Libertarians showing their real colors
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

It is going to be some sight to see if/when Romney loses, we are talking bloodbath when the rightwingers turn on him.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. People were buying homes they knew they couldn't afford that were grossly overpriced and happily signed on the dotted line when banks offered them a deal they couldn't refuse - until three or four years later when their mortgage payment doubled.
Unbelievably stupid.
Which is why we kept renting after selling our home until sanity returned to the housing market.
Thing is, we started liking not having to worry about repairs and appliances breaking down and yard work. We're still happy renters.
But, like you, I blame people who couldn't even figure out what they could and could not afford.
It certainly wasn't Bush's fault any way you look at it.
So is Christie selling out Romney?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

One right winger is supporting Romney because he's a hawk:
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
How about this logic, idiot:
Peace through strength.
Obama's idea of surrendering to a bunch of Arabs that get excited when they watch a video of Arabs cutting off the head of a defenseless American while he's bound like an animal won't have a peaceful ending, idiot.

Another rightwinger is supporting Romney because he's a dove:
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>
We never should have invaded Iraq OR Afghanistan. Afghanistan being "the RIGHT war" is ridiculous. Obama never should have committed billions of tax dollars and resources to Afghanistan and Pakistan.
I don't rank incidents where American lives are needlessly wasted. Any American life lost in those sand-filled shitholes is one too many.
The current president ordered the assassination of at least two American citizens, for chrissakes. As far as I'm concerned, Bush, Cheney, Obama, Biden and all their lackeys are war criminals for misusing our military.
F**k 'em all.

Sounds like Romney is an imaginary notion that these loony right wingers have created in their empty heads.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Homer wrote:
It is going to be some sight to see if/when Romney loses, we are talking bloodbath when the rightwingers turn on him.
Even worse if Romney wins and he won't be able to take BOTH sides of every promise he made to these loonies.
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

kuda wrote:
<quoted text>
Kudos to Gov. Chris Christie! He’s an honest old-time Republican who is practical and moderate, not afraid to go off-message in the service of fairness. Unlike Romney, he says what he means and means what he says. That’s refreshing!
Yeah even if I disagree with him on some things, he does mean what he says, speaks from the heart, doesn't flipflop all over the place like Romney, although he may not be physically able to.
RUSH10ME

Tappahannock, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

DBWaiter wrote:
I'm curious, though, if Mitt can remember cleaning up a football field after a big storm when he was in "High School," how come he can't remember holding a kid down and shearing off his hair in "high school" like he was a sheep?
Obammy has not only sheared off the country's hairs , he has divided the country as never before , we will see what shakes out , if the majik negro wins , you will have two reasons to be happy , one being your boy won , second I will convert into the democratic party and never never be responsible for myself again , when you really look at you win either way , are you happy ???

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you are telling me that man adds nothing to change our atmosphere.
You really are quite naive.
it is you who is naive and gullible too. I'll bet you are one of them people who believed the Apollo missions were moving the Earth out of orbit.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, after Bush told them when Iraq exploded a nuke, it would be their fault.
Bush controlled the information. He ignored the intel that Iraq had no nuclear program.
Where were those nukes? Where was any nuclear program?
The MSM still pulling the wool over your eyes, ain't they Davey?? The nukes were shipped to Syria, something you would have been privey to, if you read anything but the MSM?
Homer

Effort, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Red State Sucker wrote:
<quoted text>
Even worse if Romney wins and he won't be able to take BOTH sides of every promise he made to these loonies.
Good point, you know he's not repealing Healthcare reform, he'll hope the rightwing furor will die down on it, he won't cut spending and he'll justify it somehow. My best guess is he'll try and keep them pre-occupied by firing up the rhetoric towards Iran. Iran may be the key to keeping the rightwingers off his back and he is probably secretly hoping the Dems hold the Senate so he can turn their angst towards them.
frank

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
Detroit pays autoworkers almost their full salary even when on layoff due to lack of demand....not a viable business practice....
You think that is why GM is now number one in the world and profits are up? You fd-up wingnuz troglodytes are getting stupider by the day ...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
And more information for you:
Note that, at any time, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton could have ordered the deployment to Benghazi of additional security experts from the Department of Security (DoS) Bureau of Diplomatic Security (or Diplomatic Security Service—DSS), but apparently chose not to do so.
Instead, DoS hired a British firm, Blue Mountain, to manage its security in Benghazi, and Blue Mountain subcontracted the job to a local jihadist militia called the February 17 Martyrs Brigade who have known Muslim Brotherhood ties.
Furthermore, Nordstrom testified at the October 11, 2012 Congressional hearings that “in deference to sensitivity to Libyan practice, the guards at Benghazi were unarmed"-- an inexplicable practice for a place as dangerous as Benghazi.
Then, in what may have been the attack “green light,” on September 10, 2012, AQ leader Ayman al-Zawahiri called on Libyans to avenge the death of his Libyan number two, Abu Yahya al-Libi, who had been killed in a June, 2012 drone strike in Pakistan. The timing suggests that al-Zawahiri may have given the attack go-ahead after receiving word that Stevens had arrived in Benghazi that day—further suggesting that perhaps AQ knew of Stevens’ travel plans.
Once the attack unfolded at the Benghazi base, it quickly became apparent that the minimal number of U.S. and local security staff was completely unequal to the scores of heavily armed jihadist attackers swarming the compound. And yet, despite a live-streaming video from an overhead drone, plus cables and cell phone calls that, altogether, must have been received by hundreds of administration diplomatic, intelligence and military officials (including the U.S. President, Vice President, Secretaries of Defense and State, and Directors of National Intelligence and CIA), military support from regional bases was denied repeatedly to the besieged Benghazi defenders.
Worse yet, former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods, Tyrone Woodswho was providing security for CIA operatives at the Benghazi annex facility, and Glen Dougherty, who had arrived on a rescue flight dispatched by the CIA Chief of Station in Tripoli, repeatedly were denied permission by their CIA chain of command on the ground to go to the aid of Ambassador Stevens and the others.
Eventually, they went anyway, and succeeded in saving many lives because of their moral and physical courage. Again, Dougherty and Woods requested military backup, at least to silence the mortar fire that they had been able to identify by laser painting it. They fought on alone for hours, but when no help came, that mortar barrage eventually took both their lives and seriously injured others.
Ty Woods:“Where the fuck is the Spectre?”
Why don't you give us some information and tell us where was the Spectre when Al Qaeda was killing Americans.
Do you actually read this shit before you paste it???

Pay attention now___Glen Doherty "who had arrived on a rescue flight from Tripoli." That means that Doherty was not in Benghazi when the consulate was attacked__doesn't it? Glen Doherty was not part of the team that went to the consulate in attempt to rescue the ambassador and others but only arrived at the CIA annex from the airport just before the annex came under fire.

Where on earth are you getting this bullshyte you're pasting, it's absurd, completely ignoring the timeline.

Why would Woods assume that a C-130 was inbound from Sigonella? Did he call for it? If so when?

You're shamefully ignorant!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

The point is, Obama is doing the job the country expects him to do and no matter how you right wing nut jobs try to cut it the proof is there to see. Even Governor Chris Christie is heaping praise on Obama. What a different story than Bush with Katrina.

Mitt wants to privatise FEMA he says the private sector would do a better job, yes I'm sure they would, just looking after the 1%'rs homes. Al Gore says these once in a 100yr storms is further evidence of climate change. Since they are now happening all over the world year after year now, soon enough there will be no insurance available.
Yet Mitt's policies ignore climate change science saying he will sell more coal which is becoming worthless and drill more oil. Further evidence of a man stuck in the 1950's not able to adapt to 21 st century reality.

Americans remember Republicans in power, Bush & Katrina is another day to remember.

Obama looks after all Americans not just the priviliged. OBama 2012
HYPOCRITICAL OBAMA

Vass, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Top Ten Felons, Fugitives, and Shady Characters in Obama's Life

Email Article
Print Article Send a Tip
by John Nolte 13 Jul 2012 334 post a comment
Now that the increasingly erratic and desperately sleazy Obama campaign has decided to cavalierly throw around the word "felony" when it comes to pushing a campaign of lies surrounding Mitt Romney and Bain Capital, this seems like a good time to jump in the wayback machine for a look at the actual convicted felons, criminals, and dubious characters who have always been associated with Barack Obama's political life.

What? What's that? You don’t want to talk about this?

Objection overruled, Corrupt Media!

The President opened this door, and now we're going to walk right on through it.

Starting with…
frank

Oakland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

RUSH10ME wrote:
<quoted text>Obammy has not only sheared off the country's hairs , he has divided the country as never before , we will see what shakes out , if the majik negro wins , you will have two reasons to be happy , one being your boy won , second I will convert into the democratic party and never never be responsible for myself again , when you really look at you win either way , are you happy ???
"never never be responsible for myself again"?? But you are institutionalized ...
HYPOCRITICAL OBAMA

Vass, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

1. Former Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich: Sentenced to 14 years in prison for political corruption.

NBC Chicago:

President Barack Obama's chief of staff, then a congressman in Illinois, apparently attempted to trade favors with embattled Illinois Gov. Rod Blagojevich while he was in office, according to newly disclosed e-mails obtained by The Associated Press.

Emanuel agreed to sign a letter to the Chicago Tribune supporting Blagojevich in the face of a scathing editorial by the newspaper that ridiculed the governor for self-promotion. Within hours, Emanuel's own staff asked for a favor of its own: The release of a delayed $2 million grant to a school in his district.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 31, 2012

Judged:

Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Governor Christie with President Obama. If Governor Romney loses, Christie will be odds on favorite in 2016.
Libya boring
People are without power and looking to the government for help
Maybe we can use some of that "Porkulus" money and do some infrastructure work like bury the power lines so a weak hurricane doesn't knock everyone's power out.
That would be a good idea, not to mention that it's definitely a shovel-ready job.
... jeeezzzzz, did we get fleeced with that one.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

80 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min jacques Mont Tremblant 174,501
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min truth 48,862
Amy 7-23 16 min Julie 9
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min SpaceBlues 45,767
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 40 min TRD 67,891
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 51 min Hatti_Hollerand 458
Amy 7-22 1 hr Julie 14
Abby 7-23 5 hr PEllen 13
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 7 hr Rose of Tralee 97,515
•••

Beach Hazards Statement for Cook County was issued at July 23 at 4:15PM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••