Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
dem

Chicago, IL

#789472 Oct 31, 2012
Sondra wrote:
<quoted text>Says Location hidden.
says the chick with a dk named nostrilfuckface.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#789473 Oct 31, 2012
flack wrote:
<quoted text> So you pay more for the same product because you don't like WalMart? I hope you don't run a business. What is a living wage? It is not the responsibility of a business to give employees anything but the pay they agreed to work for.
Don't run a business. I do support Mom and Pop stores and will shop them first over any Walmart.
carol

Orlando, FL

#789474 Oct 31, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
During the housing bubble, many people upgraded by selling their over-valued homes and putting large down payments on mortgages they still couldn't afford - especially after mid 2007 as unemployment climbed. The housing crisis wasn't caused by government mandated loans - and yes, Freddie and Fannie guarantees encouraged bad mortgages, but didn't cause them. Dig deeper.
I agree. People were buying homes they knew they couldn't afford that were grossly overpriced and happily signed on the dotted line when banks offered them a deal they couldn't refuse - until three or four years later when their mortgage payment doubled.

Unbelievably stupid.

Which is why we kept renting after selling our home until sanity returned to the housing market.

Thing is, we started liking not having to worry about repairs and appliances breaking down and yard work. We're still happy renters.

But, like you, I blame people who couldn't even figure out what they could and could not afford.

It certainly wasn't Bush's fault any way you look at it.
dem

Chicago, IL

#789475 Oct 31, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
So sorry you are not allowed to join in the Festivities
Halloween,Not treats for kids at your home etc..you know
the new rules re Child Molesters,in particular those who
were convicted????
as a matter of fact i dont know anything about the parole restrictions on child molesters, but i'll take your word on it mr. sandusky.
dem

Chicago, IL

#789476 Oct 31, 2012
Razors Edge wrote:
<quoted text>
So sorry you are not allowed to join in the Festivities
Halloween,Not treats for kids at your home etc..you know
the new rules re Child Molesters,in particular those who
were convicted????
btw i forwarded your child molestation posts to palos heights police department just for fun.
dem

Chicago, IL

#789477 Oct 31, 2012
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't run a business. I do support Mom and Pop stores and will shop them first over any Walmart.
flack has frat boy insurance for himself and his kids. need i say more about how dumb and cheap he is.
carol

Orlando, FL

#789478 Oct 31, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Accountability??? LOL Hope you, Cheney, and Bush enjoy all your future time together.
So what would you and Obama have done? Waited for another attack? And then another? And then another the whole time the UN was giving Saddam his 150th warning to comply with "serious consequences...and we mean it this time!" beginning after the 16th time?

What leosnana? What would you and Obama have done right after 9/11 besides bomb Afghanistan and run the Taliban into the mountains which is exactly what Bush and Cheney did?

Saddam would still be plotting how to get his revenge if it had been up to you two.
carol

Orlando, FL

#789479 Oct 31, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. People were buying homes they knew they couldn't afford that were grossly overpriced and happily signed on the dotted line when banks offered them a deal they couldn't refuse - until three or four years later when their mortgage payment doubled.
Unbelievably stupid.
Which is why we kept renting after selling our home until sanity returned to the housing market.
Thing is, we started liking not having to worry about repairs and appliances breaking down and yard work. We're still happy renters.
But, like you, I blame people who couldn't even figure out what they could and could not afford.
It certainly wasn't Bush's fault any way you look at it.
I should get at least one happy icon for this.
carol

Orlando, FL

#789480 Oct 31, 2012
DBWaiter wrote:
I haven't been out of the compound in years.
That's probably the closest thing to the truth you've ever said - probably a maximum security compound.

Since: Apr 11

Effingham, IL

#789481 Oct 31, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
btw i forwarded your child molestation posts to palos heights police department just for fun.
Typical leftard...start fights you can't finish and the call the cops. Douchebag.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#789482 Oct 31, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>nobody wants to discuss the real issues, like the hurricane, and obamas upcoming victory...
Sure we can discuss the hurricane. O'bama supporters are ripping up the area that Sandy didn't. Have you seen the looting? all O'bama's peeps. They have gone wild.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#789483 Oct 31, 2012
TSM wrote:
This is Pathetic WH releases situation room photo-For Sandy but refuses to release video of Benghazi!! Mr. President since you refuse to address the American People on Benghazi prior to the election, President Romney will deal with the aftermath of your Incompetence/Failure on Benghazi and give the American People the answers you failed to give!! Romney/Ryan
Benghazi is so 'two weeks ago'....

Moving on...

“Barbie Doll Queen”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#789484 Oct 31, 2012
Logic wrote:
Re-Pub-Lying-Cans brace yourselves, Romney is going
Down!
Something we can all agree on down with Romney I don't know about you but I am all fired up for this election

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#789485 Oct 31, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
As Saul Alinsky said:
"An organizer working in and for an open society is in an ideological dilemma to begin with, he does not have a fixed truth -- truth to him is relative and changing; everything to him is relative and changing."
Search "Clinton CIA human rights purge" to learn how Clinton gutted the CIA, and when Bush took office the US didn't even have a functioning foreign intelligence capability.
Search "Valerie Plame WMD Iraq" to learn how Valerie Plame was a career undercover officer, and was the Director of Operations for the CIA’s Joint Task Force on Iraq, and was the source of information used first by Bill Clinton to repeatedly bomb Iraq, then George Bush to remove Saddam Hussein from power and fight the war the muslim jihad started in their own back yard.
Get back to us with a report after you study a little truth, dupe.

reality-challenged Dave wrote:
Clinton did not invade Iraq. Oh wait, unless you are talking about your revisionist history & then you blame him for it.
Valerie Plame - the undercover agent exposed by Cheney? That one?
Are you saying Cheney exposed some fraud agent feeding the US president false information about WMDs in Iraq?
Another reason I liked him.)))))

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#789486 Oct 31, 2012
Benghazi was staffed by CIA operatives whose job may have been not just to secure and destroy dangerous weapons (like RPGs and SAMs) looted from former Libyan dictator Muammar Qaddafi’s stockpiles during and after the 2011 revolution, but also perhaps to facilitate their onward shipment to the Al-Qaeda- and Muslim Brotherhood-dominated Syrian opposition.
Obama signed an intelligence finding sometime in early 2012 that authorized U.S. support for the Syrian rebels and by mid-June 2012, CIA operatives reportedly were on the Turkish-Syrian border helping to steer weapons deliveries to selected Syrian rebel groups. According to an Oct. 14, 2012 New York Times article, most of those arms were going to “hard-line Islamic jihadists.”
One of those jihadis was Abdelhakim Belhadj, former leader of the Al-Qa’eda-linked Libyan Islamic Fighting Group Abdelhakim Belhadj (LIFG) and head of the Tripoli Military Council after Qaddafi’s ouster. During the 2011 revolt in Libya, Belhadj was a key contact of the U.S. liaison to the Libyan opposition, Christopher Stevens.
In November 2011, Belhadj met with Syrian Free Army (SFA) leaders in Istanbul, Turkey, as well as on the Turkish-Syrian border. Further, Belhadj’s contact with the SFA comes in the context of official policy adopted by the post-Qaddafi Libyan “government,” which sent a delegation to Turkey to offer arms and possibly fighters to the Turkish-backed Syrian rebels.
The multilateral U.S.-Libya-Turkey agreement to get weapons into the hands of Syrian rebels – which were known to be dominated by Al-Qaeda and Muslim Brotherhood elements -- by working with and through Al-Qaeda-linked jihadist figures like Belhadj, was confirmed by the appearance of a Libyan-flagged vessel, Al-Entisar, which docked at the Turkish port of Iskanderun on September 6, 2012.
Suspected of carrying weapons bound for the Syrian rebels, the ship’s cargo reportedly included Russian-designed, shoulder-launched missiles known as MANPADS, RPGs and surface-to-air missiles—all of them just the sort of weapons available in Libya.
U.S. Ambassador Chris StevensStevens’ last meeting in Benghazi the night he was killed was with the Turkish Consul General Ali Sait Akin, who is variously reported to have been there to discuss a weapons transfer or a warning about the possible compromise of the Libyan weapons pipeline to Syria. Whatever the topic of Ambassador Stevens’ discussion with Akin, he clearly and knowingly put himself in harm’s way to be there, in Benghazi, on the night of September 11.
The urgency that compelled Stevens to Benghazi that night seems especially difficult to understand given what was known to him as well as to senior levels of the Obama administration about the extremely dangerous situation in post-Qaddafi Libya.
It is all the more baffling then that, in view of the obvious priority that the U.S. government had placed on its Libya-to-Syria weapons pipeline operation, such a systematic effort in the weeks leading up to the September 11 attack was dedicated to stripping the Benghazi base of the security protection it so desperately needed in a deteriorating Libyan security environment and despite the repeated pleas of Ambassador Stevens and others in both Tripoli and Benghazi for more security.
From at least February, 2012 onward, the Regional Security Officer (RSO) at the U.S. Tripoli Embassy, Eric Nordstrom, had urged that U.S. security measures in Libya be expanded, citing dozens of security incidents by “Al-Qaeda-affiliated groups, including Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM)…”
In August 2012, Stevens reported that the security situation in Benghazi was deteriorating, yet in spite of this, the 16-man Site Security Team assigned to Libya, comprised of Special Forces led by SF LTC Andy Wood, was ordered out of Libya, contrary to the Ambassador’s stated desire that they stay.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#789487 Oct 31, 2012
Note that, at any time, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton could have ordered the deployment to Benghazi of additional security experts from the Department of Security (DoS) Bureau of Diplomatic Security (or Diplomatic Security Service—DSS), but apparently chose not to do so.
Instead, DoS hired a British firm, Blue Mountain, to manage its security in Benghazi, and Blue Mountain subcontracted the job to a local jihadist militia called the February 17 Martyrs Brigade who have known Muslim Brotherhood ties.
Furthermore, Nordstrom testified at the October 11, 2012 Congressional hearings that “in deference to sensitivity to Libyan practice, the guards at Benghazi were unarmed"-- an inexplicable practice for a place as dangerous as Benghazi.
Then, in what may have been the attack “green light,” on September 10, 2012, AQ leader Ayman al-Zawahiri called on Libyans to avenge the death of his Libyan number two, Abu Yahya al-Libi, who had been killed in a June, 2012 drone strike in Pakistan. The timing suggests that al-Zawahiri may have given the attack go-ahead after receiving word that Stevens had arrived in Benghazi that day—further suggesting that perhaps AQ knew of Stevens’ travel plans.

Once the attack unfolded at the Benghazi base, it quickly became apparent that the minimal number of U.S. and local security staff was completely unequal to the scores of heavily armed jihadist attackers swarming the compound. And yet, despite a live-streaming video from an overhead drone, plus cables and cell phone calls that, altogether, must have been received by hundreds of administration diplomatic, intelligence and military officials (including the U.S. President, Vice President, Secretaries of Defense and State, and Directors of National Intelligence and CIA), military support from regional bases was denied repeatedly to the besieged Benghazi defenders.
Worse yet, former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods, Tyrone Woodswho was providing security for CIA operatives at the Benghazi annex facility, and Glen Dougherty, who had arrived on a rescue flight dispatched by the CIA Chief of Station in Tripoli, repeatedly were denied permission by their CIA chain of command on the ground to go to the aid of Ambassador Stevens and the others.
Eventually, they went anyway, and succeeded in saving many lives because of their moral and physical courage. Again, Dougherty and Woods requested military backup, at least to silence the mortar fire that they had been able to identify by laser painting it. They fought on alone for hours, but when no help came, that mortar barrage eventually took both their lives and seriously injured others.

Ty Woods:“Where’s the fuck is the Spectre?”
Razors Edge

Oak Lawn, IL

#789488 Oct 31, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
cant use my post dem got your ass..anyway do not even live in Il..LOL..
man up dem that original post by me kicked ur ass!!

“Barbie Doll Queen”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#789489 Oct 31, 2012
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Be sure to come back here on Noveber 7th to celebrate, OK?
It will be bitter sweet to see our President getting re-elected and I see you are from Windsor CT where I was born and where I am from? I have many Uncles and Aunts living back home

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#789491 Oct 31, 2012
Mrs-Jessica-D wrote:
<quoted text>Something we can all agree on down with Romney I don't know about you but I am all fired up for this election
So are the looters. But don't worry when O'bama goes to Chicago to accept his lose. You too will have looters.
carol

Orlando, FL

#789493 Oct 31, 2012
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Your thinking is impaired babe__how far do you wish to go back??? ABSCAM far enough?
Guess my memory got blocked when every Democrat on the planet came out of the woodwork to defend Bill Clinton lying under oath and having kinky sex in the Oval Office.

And then they gave little Charlie Rangle a slight tap on the wrist. And then they coughed under their breath when Geitner was caught not paying his taxes. And not nary a word of condemnation about John Edwards' "indiscretions".

But it started with the vehement defending of Clinton's "personal sex life", I'm pretty sure.

Difficult to go back much further than that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 7 min Karma is a_______ 46,686
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 7 min texas pete 1,472
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 10 min loose cannon 178,065
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 min edogxxx 98,231
Amy 9-19 16 min ralph 8
Amy 9-18 56 min pde 33
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 57 min texas pete 4,714
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE