Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#789552 Oct 31, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just ridiculous. Do you have any concept of how ridiculous that is? A downpayment act for only those who qualified foreshadowed Democrats defending Fannie and Freddie giving out bad mortgage loans to their last friggin' breath??
Sheesh...you need to at least have something to explain before trying to explain it a hundred more times.
Fanny and Freddie weren't the ones who were bundling all those garbage mortgages and selling them as if they were golden to the unsuspecting. Bush tried to prop up the housing bubble as long as possible--although contrived it was the only good section of his economy...almost twelve years and still none of those promises have trickled down...

Since: May 11

New Oxford, PA

#789553 Oct 31, 2012
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>It is not the responsibility of ‘climate realist’ scientists to prove that dangerous human-caused climate change is not happening. Rather, it is those who propose that it is, and promote the allocation of massive investments to solve the supposed ‘problem’, who have the obligation to convincingly demonstrate that recent climate change is not of mostly natural origin and, if we do nothing, catastrophic change will ensue. To date, this they have utterly failed to do so.
Actually they have.

There is no proof possible, on;y models & predictions based on events past & present.

Look at this hurricane. Many weather scientists had Sandy going out to sea.

But one group said no. Their model had it turning left.

If it were up to the moronic right, they would have demanded proof & called these people morons & have done nothing to prepare.

Thank Gos we had sane people in charge. Many lives were saved.
Sondra

Edison, NJ

#789554 Oct 31, 2012
DBWaiter wrote:
Anyways, carol, or Li Trong as she was known back then, collapsed unconscious before she could shoot me. I held her head underwater but then, when I realized she was a woman I thought better of it. I dragged her up on the bank and took off her wet clothes and had my way with her first anally, but that wasn't nearly as much fun as I thought it woulod be so I rolled her over and plunged in.
Her eyes fluttered open then and I could tell she was having a good time like the other girls I'd known in the Biblical sense since this crazy war had started. Anyways, that's the last I ever saw of her until one day I got a letter, "YANKEE IMPERIALIST DOG! YOU DIE NOW!!!" It was signed, carol, so I searched the internet and finally found her here. Boy was she ever surprised.
I guess time heals all wounds and I discovered we had a daughter together. "Carol" had named her after me, "YANKEE IMPERIALIST PIGG, or, Piglet for short," and once I'd gotten over the shock of it I began fortifying my home since I knew she was coming to kill me. It's been like this ever since. I haven't been out of the compound in years.
I miss our time together, but, you can't go back...
Thanks for taking time away from hanging out with all the other Democrat looters today to post something so important, insightful and enlightened. Your parent, Ms. Crack Ho, must be so proud.
GOD IS 4 THE REPUBLICANS

Woodbridge, VA

#789555 Oct 31, 2012
Sister Kathryn Lust wrote:
<quoted text>Individuals should make the decision on homosexual marriage...If you don't want a homosexual marriage, don't marry a homosexual.
Pretty simple, really.
God gave us all free will, just like he gave you his word on what is right,wrong, and not to do..Either you take the right road, or wrong road.

Pretty simple, really..

HEAVEN OR HELL?

Your choice

By the looks of your user name, tells me that you have already made up your mind. LOL

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#789556 Oct 31, 2012
DBWaiter wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes, "that typo." Of course. Perhaps we meant, "Your" tax dollars at work?
Nope. It's correctly "our". 53 percent of the people paying all the income taxes in the country consist of more than one person, and I am one of that group of people. Thus, it is correctly "our tax dollars at work" when one of your posts is referenced.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#789557 Oct 31, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
How come you always seem to know more than anyone else - even those in high places?
Probably because you only know what you want to believe, carol. That's the problem with being a "low information" voter.

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#789558 Oct 31, 2012
dim wrote:
<quoted text>
You really are so lame as to believe you and Obama would do anything together? In addition, you think you and Obama would have stopped the student pilots?
You are a complete moron and your brain is fried beyond repair. You really don't have an ounce of common sense, do you?
Trick question. Of course you think you do, but it's more than obvious, you don't. Trust me on this.
Carol asked what Obama and I would have done differently, so I answered in that manner. You can rant on with all the junior high insults you choose, Troll, but I don't trust you to do any more than stay stupid and die.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#789559 Oct 31, 2012
<quoted text>Maybe the 47th (unless Ann has him committed.)
"I think my biggest concern obviously would just be for his mental well-being," -Ann Romney
President Romney… what a Sweet Sound? But I’ll leave you with a quote from JFK : And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country !! Romney/Ryan
Sondra

Edison, NJ

#789560 Oct 31, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
So what would you and Obama have done? Waited for another attack? And then another? And then another the whole time the UN was giving Saddam his 150th warning to comply with "serious consequences...and we mean it this time!" beginning after the 16th time?
What leosnana? What would you and Obama have done right after 9/11 besides bomb Afghanistan and run the Taliban into the mountains which is exactly what Bush and Cheney did?
Saddam would still be plotting how to get his revenge if it had been up to you two.
Obama would have sent a strongly worded letter blaming Bush and apologizing for all sins committed by the west, as he was mentioning his middle name is Hussein.

That's worked so well, hasn't it.

Stevens DIED

Obama LIED

the Media HIDES

“See how you are?”

Earth

#789561 Oct 31, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Fanny and Freddie weren't the ones who were bundling all those garbage mortgages and selling them as if they were golden to the unsuspecting. Bush tried to prop up the housing bubble as long as possible--although contrived it was the only good section of his economy...almost twelve years and still none of those promises have trickled down...
The Freddie and Fannie backing allowed lenders to feel secure in what they knew to be bad quick turn loans. Again, you have to look into what the Gramm Leach Bliley Act did to foster those banking behaviors.
dim

Somerville, MA

#789562 Oct 31, 2012
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Carol asked what Obama and I would have done differently, so I answered in that manner. You can rant on with all the junior high insults you choose, Troll, but I don't trust you to do any more than stay stupid and die.
Let us know when you and Obama do something, nutcase.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#789563 Oct 31, 2012
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. I'm saying you're an idiot& Cheney should have been sent to jail.
I'm probably an idiot for actually conversing with you. You're so thuroughly indoctrinated with fraudulent information, you can't even admit that, for instance, the Benghazi attack was preplanned and rehearsed by Al Qaeda at their facility in eastern Libya that Obama seems unable to bomb to smithereens.

By the way, who told Susan Rice what to say all over the television networks and at the UN?
You do remember how she spewed that obvious lie about the Al Qaeda attack being the result of a spontaneous demonstration that never happened because of a video that didn't even exist when Al Qaeda planned the attack and in the entire world only got 17 (that's seventeen) hits before Obama told the world about it when he lied about the Benghazi attack.

So, who told Susan Rice what to say at the UN?
It obviously wasn't Obama.
Who in the White House is making the decisions the president should be making?

Who do you think it is?

And, what should Cheney be sent to jail for?
I understand that shooting lawyers on that hunting lease was legal. I was jealous. I always wanted to go hunting on a lease where I could shoot lawyers.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#789564 Oct 31, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's just ridiculous. Do you have any concept of how ridiculous that is? A downpayment act for only those who qualified foreshadowed Democrats defending Fannie and Freddie giving out bad mortgage loans to their last friggin' breath??
Sheesh...you need to at least have something to explain before trying to explain it a hundred more times.
What I have is a concept of how stupid you are particularly regarding topics that include both math and dates.

Is that what Fannie and Freddie did Carol??? Did they "give out" bad mortgage loans?

Whoever coined the phrase "low info" must have had you in mind.
dem

Chicago, IL

#789565 Oct 31, 2012
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
... counting chickens, I see. Are you counting the plucked chickens, too?
Obama gets at best 47 percent of the vote. More likely, he'll get only 45 percent. That equates to a landslide for Romney/Ryan.
sure it does imbecile.
name some of the swing states you think romney will win.

the states obama is trailing his 2008 numbers for the popular vote are from states he is gonna take anyway.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#789566 Oct 31, 2012
"I think my biggest concern obviously would just be for his mental well-being," -Ann Romney
47th? Funny you should mention that number - that's what Mass. ranked in job production while Romney "I'm a business guy" was Governor.
kuda

Cincinnati, OH

#789567 Oct 31, 2012
Well Sister, could Ann have him committed for his character disorder? She could issue a press release saying he is “just away for a much needed vacation.”
Homer

Effort, PA

#789568 Oct 31, 2012
BRIGANTINE, N.J.(AP)— President Barack Obama inspected the devastation from Sandy on Wednesday, flying high over flooded neighborhoods, sand-strewn streets and a burning fire that charred homes along the New Jersey coastline.

With Election Day less than a week away, Obama's visit to view the aftermath of the rare autumn storm was layered with political implications. The president's tour guide was New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, a Republican and top supporter of GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney who joined Obama on a Marine One helicopter ride over the region.

To the chagrin of some Republicans, Christie has lavished praise on Obama for his efforts in helping states deal with the storm.

http://news.yahoo.com/obama-gets-first-hand-l...

Good to see Republicans and Democrats working together.

We need more moderates like Obama and Christie.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#789569 Oct 31, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the problem with being a "low information" voter.
Benghazi was staffed by CIA operatives whose job may have been not just to secure and destroy dangerous weapons (like RPGs and SAMs) looted from former Libyan dictator Muammar Qaddafi’s stockpiles during and after the 2011 revolution, but also perhaps to facilitate their onward shipment to the Al-Qaeda- and Muslim Brotherhood-dominated Syrian opposition.
Obama signed an intelligence finding sometime in early 2012 that authorized U.S. support for the Syrian rebels and by mid-June 2012, CIA operatives reportedly were on the Turkish-Syrian border helping to steer weapons deliveries to selected Syrian rebel groups. According to an Oct. 14, 2012 New York Times article, most of those arms were going to “hard-line Islamic jihadists.”
One of those jihadis was Abdelhakim Belhadj, former leader of the Al-Qa’eda-linked Libyan Islamic Fighting Group Abdelhakim Belhadj (LIFG) and head of the Tripoli Military Council after Qaddafi’s ouster. During the 2011 revolt in Libya, Belhadj was a key contact of the U.S. liaison to the Libyan opposition, Christopher Stevens.
In November 2011, Belhadj met with Syrian Free Army (SFA) leaders in Istanbul, Turkey, as well as on the Turkish-Syrian border. Further, Belhadj’s contact with the SFA comes in the context of official policy adopted by the post-Qaddafi Libyan “government,” which sent a delegation to Turkey to offer arms and possibly fighters to the Turkish-backed Syrian rebels.
The multilateral U.S.-Libya-Turkey agreement to get weapons into the hands of Syrian rebels – which were known to be dominated by Al-Qaeda and Muslim Brotherhood elements -- by working with and through Al-Qaeda-linked jihadist figures like Belhadj, was confirmed by the appearance of a Libyan-flagged vessel, Al-Entisar, which docked at the Turkish port of Iskanderun on September 6, 2012.
Suspected of carrying weapons bound for the Syrian rebels, the ship’s cargo reportedly included Russian-designed, shoulder-launched missiles known as MANPADS, RPGs and surface-to-air missiles—all of them just the sort of weapons available in Libya.
U.S. Ambassador Chris StevensStevens’ last meeting in Benghazi the night he was killed was with the Turkish Consul General Ali Sait Akin, who is variously reported to have been there to discuss a weapons transfer or a warning about the possible compromise of the Libyan weapons pipeline to Syria. Whatever the topic of Ambassador Stevens’ discussion with Akin, he clearly and knowingly put himself in harm’s way to be there, in Benghazi, on the night of September 11.
The urgency that compelled Stevens to Benghazi that night seems especially difficult to understand given what was known to him as well as to senior levels of the Obama administration about the extremely dangerous situation in post-Qaddafi Libya.
It is all the more baffling then that, in view of the obvious priority that the U.S. government had placed on its Libya-to-Syria weapons pipeline operation, such a systematic effort in the weeks leading up to the September 11 attack was dedicated to stripping the Benghazi base of the security protection it so desperately needed in a deteriorating Libyan security environment and despite the repeated pleas of Ambassador Stevens and others in both Tripoli and Benghazi for more security.
From at least February, 2012 onward, the Regional Security Officer (RSO) at the U.S. Tripoli Embassy, Eric Nordstrom, had urged that U.S. security measures in Libya be expanded, citing dozens of security incidents by “Al-Qaeda-affiliated groups, including Al-Qaeda in the Islamic Maghreb (AQIM)…”
In August 2012, Stevens reported that the security situation in Benghazi was deteriorating, yet in spite of this, the 16-man Site Security Team assigned to Libya, comprised of Special Forces led by SF LTC Andy Wood, was ordered out of Libya, contrary to the Ambassador’s stated desire that they stay.
GOD IS 4 THE REPUBLICANS

Woodbridge, VA

#789570 Oct 31, 2012
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
President Romney… what a Sweet Sound? But I’ll leave you with a quote from JFK : And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do for your country !! Romney/Ryan
Good ole sister Lust can't see the good Romeny will do for this country, because she, like all the rest of the Demonbrats, think and talk with the wrong end.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#789571 Oct 31, 2012
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably because you only know what you want to believe, carol. That's the problem with being a "low information" voter.
And more information for you:

Note that, at any time, Secretary of State Hillary Clinton could have ordered the deployment to Benghazi of additional security experts from the Department of Security (DoS) Bureau of Diplomatic Security (or Diplomatic Security Service—DSS), but apparently chose not to do so.
Instead, DoS hired a British firm, Blue Mountain, to manage its security in Benghazi, and Blue Mountain subcontracted the job to a local jihadist militia called the February 17 Martyrs Brigade who have known Muslim Brotherhood ties.
Furthermore, Nordstrom testified at the October 11, 2012 Congressional hearings that “in deference to sensitivity to Libyan practice, the guards at Benghazi were unarmed"-- an inexplicable practice for a place as dangerous as Benghazi.
Then, in what may have been the attack “green light,” on September 10, 2012, AQ leader Ayman al-Zawahiri called on Libyans to avenge the death of his Libyan number two, Abu Yahya al-Libi, who had been killed in a June, 2012 drone strike in Pakistan. The timing suggests that al-Zawahiri may have given the attack go-ahead after receiving word that Stevens had arrived in Benghazi that day—further suggesting that perhaps AQ knew of Stevens’ travel plans.

Once the attack unfolded at the Benghazi base, it quickly became apparent that the minimal number of U.S. and local security staff was completely unequal to the scores of heavily armed jihadist attackers swarming the compound. And yet, despite a live-streaming video from an overhead drone, plus cables and cell phone calls that, altogether, must have been received by hundreds of administration diplomatic, intelligence and military officials (including the U.S. President, Vice President, Secretaries of Defense and State, and Directors of National Intelligence and CIA), military support from regional bases was denied repeatedly to the besieged Benghazi defenders.
Worse yet, former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods, Tyrone Woodswho was providing security for CIA operatives at the Benghazi annex facility, and Glen Dougherty, who had arrived on a rescue flight dispatched by the CIA Chief of Station in Tripoli, repeatedly were denied permission by their CIA chain of command on the ground to go to the aid of Ambassador Stevens and the others.
Eventually, they went anyway, and succeeded in saving many lives because of their moral and physical courage. Again, Dougherty and Woods requested military backup, at least to silence the mortar fire that they had been able to identify by laser painting it. They fought on alone for hours, but when no help came, that mortar barrage eventually took both their lives and seriously injured others.

Ty Woods:“Where the fuck is the Spectre?”

Why don't you give us some information and tell us where was the Spectre when Al Qaeda was killing Americans.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min jacques Ottawa 179,353
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 19 min Yumpin Yimminy 68,657
Abby 10-23-14 58 min pde 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr J RULES 70,087
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Stina2 98,502
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 hr Concerned_American 352
Hoffa tells Chicago Teamsters they play pivotal... 2 hr reality is a crutch 1
Chicago Dating
Find my Match

Chicago Jobs

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago