Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 36,568)

Showing posts 731,341 - 731,360 of1,037,636
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

new yawk wrote:
The sewers have backed up now, it's almost more than I can bear. The whole neighborhood smells like poop.
Washington?

Oh, guess you are referring to New York.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

I think we should explore the creditability of the NY Times.....

Bush drive for home ownership fueled housing bubble

There are plenty of culprits, like lenders who peddled easy credit, consumers who took on mortgages they could not afford and Wall Street chieftains who loaded up on mortgage-backed securities without regard to the risk.

But the story of how the United States got here is partly one of Bush's own making, according to a review of his tenure that included interviews with dozens of current and former administration officials.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo...

How can they be wrong? They got the story right about Jarrett didn't they?

So there ya go. Just shot down 20,000 nutjobs posts that tried to blame the Dems for the housing bust. Thanks carol.

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
He probably was a recipient of the amnesty, likely only paid 9% taxes. Mitt is a money launderer, may be involved in arms and drug sales.
Do you have any sources on that?...or is your source the same as Senator Reid's?(in other words, you made it up)

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Peppy wrote:
News update: Homer lost his basement, but he gained an indoor pool. Flack's windmill has generated enough power to last him a month.
Have not seen any apologies to Flack just yet. He was absolutely correct about the storm.
You won't either.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Now Carol, you're making a whole lot of people on here go stick their heads in the sand, but soon they will be back with some inane, insulting response that doesn't address what you just posted, but which they will think is incredibly insightful in its vindictiveness.:)
I thought everyone knew about the power Valerie Jarrett has in the White House. It was posted on here at least a zillion times by many of us very early on with the same credible sources.

They're still in denial four years later

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

new yawk wrote:
Thank God we haven't lost pow
Oops! Hope you're joking! Praying for the safety of all up there.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
He's not. You are buying into rightwing propaganda. The only ones still chewing on this bone is Fox.
Nothing about it anywhere else at all.
Do you honestly think that the President of the United States wants anyone to die? Come on now, be real.
All i can say is thank God 99% of left wingers aren't like you.

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

<quoted text>
Remember when George Bush said, if you tell people something over and over again, they'll start to believe it.
No,.,.,.when did he say that?

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

<quoted text>
Wrong again bobo
You'll never win an argument that way. You didn't win this one.
LOL

Sparta, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
He may be involved in arms and drug sales there.
No, I heard that he's selling his own brand of "cigarretes", each carton containing a "get an abortion FWREEE" and a Bammie Medal of Dishonor - he's laundering the money through Jarrett's underwear.

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you ever tell the truth?
Maybe not, but she's quit the little namecaller. Just as convincing (in her book).

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

48 degrees a little wind not much rain. Power blinked once. Oceana NAS got the record for rainfall. 9.44 " I believe. That's about ten miles from here as the crow flies.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Your comments are so ridiculous it is not worth going any further.
No, they're not. Romney, through Bain Capital expanded Phillip Morris and British Tobacco with expansion into Russia. I'm not making this up. Look it up yourself, Vogue cigarrettes, comes with a charm bracelet. They were also involved in alcohol sales.

Romney’s Goldman Sachs 2002 Exchange Place Fund, valued at over a million dollars in 2010, brought in nearly $600,000 in gains in 2010 and is invested in:

- Watson Pharmaceuticals: manufacturer of nine forms of emergency contraception (which Romney incorrectly identifies as “abortifacients“).
- Johnson & Johnson: launched the first U.S. prescription birth control product in 1931 and produces various forms of birth control.
- Merck: produces various forms of birth control
- Mylan: produces birth control medication and filed the first application for a generic birth control pill last year.
- Pfizer: a contraception producer that recently had to recall about a million packs of birth-control pills that weren’t packaged correctly.

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Name-calling and insults?
I'm the constant brunt of such which I commonly reply to in nothing more than a sarcastic manner. Ask any of your compatriots.
And I guess I'm a nitwit for thinking that FOX would print the whole interview. What was I thinking eh?
I get sarcasm. It makes me mad, but it's also my way too. Maybe I was thinking of Lily with the childish name calling. And you said you were a nitwit, not me. Not today.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
He's not. You are buying into rightwing propaganda. The only ones still chewing on this bone is Fox.
Nothing about it anywhere else at all.
Do you honestly think that the President of the United States wants anyone to die? Come on now, be real.
Lordy, Lily..."nothing about it anywhere else at all"???

Who do you think is trying to get this president reelected because of journalistic corruption after getting him elected the first time by doing the very same thing - blacking out unpleasant news?

You won't hear anything about it if they have any say in the matter.

It's not going away. Let me assure you.

By the way, you should at least keep up with CNN.

CNN headline - "U.S. official says superiors worked against effort to boost Benghazi security"
http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/10/politics/congre...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
I think we should explore the creditability of the NY Times.....
Bush drive for home ownership fueled housing bubble
There are plenty of culprits, like lenders who peddled easy credit, consumers who took on mortgages they could not afford and Wall Street chieftains who loaded up on mortgage-backed securities without regard to the risk.
But the story of how the United States got here is partly one of Bush's own making, according to a review of his tenure that included interviews with dozens of current and former administration officials.
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/21/business/wo...
How can they be wrong? They got the story right about Jarrett didn't they?
So there ya go. Just shot down 20,000 nutjobs posts that tried to blame the Dems for the housing bust. Thanks carol.
They is Jo Becker a decent journalist I suppose, she co-owns a Pulitzer for Angler, a major league hatchet job on Dick Cheney.

Carol doesn't quite understand the whole journalism thing, or math thing, or the history thing etc.

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
So? Who cares?
Where are Mitts tax returns?
On file with the IRS? Which proves there's not a thing illegal or wrong with them, except something YOU may not like (i.e., he made a lot of money and got to keep a lot of it too.)
TSM

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

I don’t care what strategy Obama tries to adopt!! The reality of Obama’s policies has impact the American People reshuffling the cards a week out will not change the Pain the American People has endure for the Past Four Years!! Romney/Ryan
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Mitt Romney raising money at home of 'morning-after pill' exec

The $50,000-a-plate fundraiser Wednesday night is at the Miami home of Phil Frost, chairman of Teva Pharmaceuticals, which makes 'morning-after pills.' Mitt Romney opposes their use, calling them 'abortive pills.'

http://www.csmonitor.com/USA/Politics/2012/05...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Lordy, Lily..."nothing about it anywhere else at all"???
Who do you think is trying to get this president reelected because of journalistic corruption after getting him elected the first time by doing the very same thing - blacking out unpleasant news?
You won't hear anything about it if they have any say in the matter.
It's not going away. Let me assure you.
By the way, you should at least keep up with CNN.
CNN headline - "U.S. official says superiors worked against effort to boost Benghazi security"
http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/10/politics/congre...
CNN has changed, it's getting into sensationalism like Fox, that Wolf Blitzer is a sniveling ass licker to the republicans.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 731,341 - 731,360 of1,037,636
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

89 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min LRS 167,751
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 6 min JOEL COOL DUDE 65,595
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 17 min edogxxx 96,392
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 25 min litesong 43,183
IL Who do you support for Secretary of State in Il... (Oct '10) 54 min Chicagobunny 510
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 57 min Chicagobunny 3,794
IL Who do you support for Treasurer in Illinois in... (Oct '10) 1 hr Chicagobunny 113
Amy 4-24 1 hr Kuuipo 34
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance