Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1263485 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

carol

Orlando, FL

#789837 Oct 31, 2012
Homer wrote:
Romney flipflopping on FEMA. He's pathetic.
FEMA's broke. Better to donate to Red Cross or other organizations such as Samaritan's Purse. They can do a much better job anyway.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#789838 Oct 31, 2012
Just out, the latest trailer park poll has Obama up by 77% to 16%. This has Peppy very concerned.
Obama 2012

AOL

#789839 Oct 31, 2012
OBAMIES ZOMBIES wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama was registered in Indonesia school as Muslim. Saul Alinsky, Bill Ayers, Frank Marshall Davis, Louis Farrakhan ( nation of Islam) Obama was with him when he organized million men Marsh, rev. Wright, Obama's close friends and everyone of this morons, America's haters...to Obama, war on terror is war on Islam.
We have not seen one ounce of this connection from President Obama. When we are young, we obey our parents, and go to school where they send us.

Obama is an example of a man, with a past that is less than being an example for us. But it is when we overcome, is when we set an example for others. Obama is that example. Obama deserves a second term. We have came this far, we don't need to turn back now. Vote for Obama
carol

Orlando, FL

#789840 Oct 31, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol, you and I are the only rational people on here right now. If I can get Homer to take his meds, he can join us.
Yes, I agree wholeheartedly and without any reservation whatsoever.

Sadly, being rational goes against Homer's nature as a curmudgeon.
Homer

Effort, PA

#789841 Oct 31, 2012
Peppy wrote:
Just out, the latest trailer park poll has Obama up by 77% to 16%. This has Peppy very concerned.
Now that's a lie, your average trailer park is 88% rightwing. Hmmm well okay then your concern is noted.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#789842 Oct 31, 2012
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Fer kriiisssaaaakes
I am with you Lily, I am also appalled with Homer.
Peppy

Greensboro, NC

#789843 Oct 31, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Carol, please stop. I just heard from one of my employees in NJ, he said it's like a war zone, no electricity, no cell, no gas, police are overwhelmed, he's now fully armed all the time. He managed to get an email to me with this information also saying he won't be able to make it to work the rest of the week.
And here you are pecking away on the internet. If I were you I would be on I-78 heading towards the poor fellow to help him out. Carol too.
Lincoln Duncan

Griffin, GA

#789844 Oct 31, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
FEMA's broke. Better to donate to Red Cross or other organizations such as Samaritan's Purse. They can do a much better job anyway.
FEMA working today under leadership President Obama and support of Gov. Christie.
James Madison

Birmingham, AL

#789845 Oct 31, 2012
Bad News - there's to much red tape to help those people in jersey
they drive the wrong kind of car -fined
they did not pay their taxes for being on the internet -fined
small buisness owners are contaminating the earth with their merchandise floating
your did not pay for your Obama Care
sorry we cannot help you ,until you pay the government signed Obumer
Homer

Effort, PA

#789846 Oct 31, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I agree wholeheartedly and without any reservation whatsoever.
Sadly, being rational goes against Homer's nature as a curmudgeon.
Don't call me a curmudgeon, only I get to call me a curmudgeon. You would never meet a more rational, sane person than Homer.
carol

Orlando, FL

#789847 Oct 31, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Carol, please stop. I just heard from one of my employees in NJ, he said it's like a war zone, no electricity, no cell, no gas, police are overwhelmed, he's now fully armed all the time. He managed to get an email to me with this information also saying he won't be able to make it to work the rest of the week.
So how is Obama helping this man exactly?

No one is saying this storm isn't a disaster.

Any president has concern for victims in a natural disaster and offers any help that is welcomed and permitted.

Expressing concern does not a good leader make.

Anyone with a conscience can show concern and offer help.
Homer

Effort, PA

#789848 Oct 31, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
And here you are pecking away on the internet. If I were you I would be on I-78 heading towards the poor fellow to help him out. Carol too.
I'm working, he is looking after his family, they will hunker day and hopefully stay safe. My point to Carol was that it's not all peaches and cream, the state and local governments are being stretched pretty thin.
Homer

Effort, PA

#789849 Oct 31, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
I am with you Lily, I am also appalled with Homer.
No you're not.
Homer

Effort, PA

#789850 Oct 31, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Any president has concern for victims in a natural disaster and offers any help that is welcomed and permitted.
According to you he doesn't need Obama's help - The state and local governments in the areas most affected prepared beforehand and didn't leave their citizens behind to fend for themselves.
James Madison

Birmingham, AL

#789851 Oct 31, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol ;You are still arguring with these Granite Heads !!!!!
they should give you a trophy for hanging around Pure Scum for the longest !!!!!
Homer

Effort, PA

#789852 Oct 31, 2012
So Romney donated 5gs worth of crap to the Red Cross, from their site -

Unfortunately, due to logistical constraints the Red Cross does not accept or solicit individual donations or collections of items. Items such as collected food, used clothing and shoes must be sorted, cleaned, repackaged and transported which impedes the valuable resources of money, time, and personnel.

The Red Cross does accept bulk quantities of product and services when these items meet our service delivery needs. These donations typically come from manufacturers, suppliers, and/or distributors that can package the items in bulk, palletize them and transport them directly to Red Cross sites. Financial contributions allow the Red Cross to purchase exactly what is needed for a disaster relief operation. Monetary donations also enable the Red Cross to purchase relief supplies close to the disaster site which avoids delays and transportation costs in getting basic necessities to disaster victims. Because the affected community has generally experienced significant economic loss, purchasing relief supplies in or close to the disaster site also helps to stimulate the weakened local economy.

http://www.redcross.org/help-faq

So now what, they have to bend over backwards to get this crap delivered?
carol

Orlando, FL

#789853 Oct 31, 2012
Peppy wrote:
<quoted text>
This storm affected many states and a lot of people. It's very sad so many people are suffering now.

Obama offering federal government assistance is not only the right thing to do but what is expected.

A lot of unnamed heroes get most of the credit though. They just go in and get the job done whatever it takes because of the support of a lot of people who donate to their organizations.

They are the ones who should get our money. They don't waste it.
OBAMIES ZOMBIES

Los Angeles, CA

#789854 Oct 31, 2012
Obama 2012 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have not seen one ounce of this connection from President Obama. When we are young, we obey our parents, and go to school where they send us.
Obama is an example of a man, with a past that is less than being an example for us. But it is when we overcome, is when we set an example for others. Obama is that example. Obama deserves a second term. We have came this far, we don't need to turn back now. Vote for Obama
Obama don't deserve time of a day, you lost soul...
Obama left his own people in Benghazi to be raped, boddy dragged trough streets, killed, and he left for Las Vegas and David Letterman ...he is piece of sht of a leader, so as his supporters ...

Drop dead!!!!!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#789855 Oct 31, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah well, 5gs worth of crap goes a long way for 6 million people with no electricity.
Is it true that he's passing blue checkered shirts?
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#789856 Oct 31, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>I'm working, he is looking after his family, they will hunker day and hopefully stay safe. My point to Carol was that it's not all peaches and cream, the state and local governments are being stretched pretty thin.
Donate cash to the Red Cross.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 29 min CDC 52,068
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr think about it 100,298
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Rogue Scholar 05 194,510
Amy 7-30-15 2 hr Mister Tonka 2
Song Title Game (Dec '11) 2 hr boundary painter 1,197
Ask Amy July 31 2 hr boundary painter 4
abby7-31-15 2 hr boundary painter 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages