Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 36,550)

Showing posts 730,981 - 731,000 of1,077,874
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Nobama

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788959
Oct 30, 2012
 
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
MOST people don't have their homes totally destroyed by natural disaster. Sounds like a sidewinding Republican speaking.
most folks are smart enough not to live on the beach....
Nobama

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788960
Oct 30, 2012
 
kuda wrote:
Well, yesterday I asked everyone ti imagine Romney saying he was compassionate and then to try imagining him actually being compassionate.
Update:
Today we wound out. In Dayton, just north of Cincinnati, in the important swing State of Ohio where Mitt is behind Obama, he relabeled a campaign rally as a non-political relief event and then proceeded to use it as a political rally. He had McCain gave an anti-Obama speech, he passed out campaign t-shirts and he played his video campaign ad. He also used it as a photo op by collecting and personally carrying canned foods to ship to New Jersey (he seemed unsure of the destination), even though the Red Cross said it would complicate their mission and what they really need is money, not stuff.
This is basically a replay of Ryan’s unwelcome photo op at a soup kitchen in Youngstown Ohio a few weeks ago.
Mitt was repeatedly asked if he would privatize FEMA or delicate it to state level process, as he had asserted during his campaign, a reasonable question in view of the “relief” mission of his event and after Christy praising Obama for his effort to expedite FEMA in New Jersey. Mitt responded by totally ignoring the question, while smiling and posing as though he were deaf. Shame!
MIT ROMNEY:
- NOT PRESIDENTIAL BEHAVIOR
- NOT PRESIDENTIAL MATERIAL
- NOT PRESIDENTIAL
it's the economy, stupid.....

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788961
Oct 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>most folks are smart enough not to live on the beach....
Mmmm. Tell that to the 100+ homeowners who lost their dwellings due to fire last night, caused by Sandy.
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788963
Oct 30, 2012
 
brown eyes wrote:
Mitt Romney is similar to Richard Nixon, full of lies.
That's ridiculous. He had a change of heart when it comes to abortion. That says a lot about him in the eyes of a lot of people. He always supported gays having legal and civil rights. Just like most people.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788964
Oct 30, 2012
 
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>That was harsh.
Sorry.

OK. Go do it mildly conservatively:}

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788965
Oct 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

For those of you who think Obama's "redistribution of wealth" is about taking from the rich and giving to the American poor:

http://www.conservative-daily.com/2012/10/19/...

Don't count on it. The U.N. will be deciding who receives shares of U.S. tax dollars and it won't be us.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788966
Oct 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Alloramadai wrote:
American Red Cross wants money and blood; they don't want a truck that will have to be off-loaded (Romney isn't going along to help get the two boxes he put on back off, is he?). Where will they store what the crap safely in an area that is under water (in buildings that no longer exist).
Military didn't ask for trillions of dollars; Red Cross asking for some dollars. Not much of a photo-op, Mittens.
there was a time when we prepared and delivered meals to the local homeless shelter on a regular basis....a very satisfying experience that provided a direct connection to those in need...

then the shelter organization decided they either would or could no longer accept outside food and wanted only money.....so we decided to find other ways to contribute....
Lincoln Duncan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788967
Oct 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
you people can call your relationship whatever you choose....just don't expect others to recognize it as marriage....
pretty simple, really.....
your husband agrees with this?
Nobama

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788968
Oct 30, 2012
 
Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Mmmm. Tell that to the 100+ homeowners who lost their dwellings due to fire last night, caused by Sandy.
another beach community of former summer shacks, many of which had been winterized...not a smart place to live....

why the taxpayers are continually asked to fund reconstruction of homes in areas subject to flooding is beyond understanding.....
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788969
Oct 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Homer wrote:
Jokerman - Bob Dylan
Standing on the waters casting your bread
While the eyes of the idol with the iron head are glowing
Distant ships sailing into the mist
You were born with a snake in both of your fists while a hurricane was blowing
Freedom just around the corner for you
But with the truth so far off, what good will it do?
Jokerman dance to the nightingale tune
Bird fly high by the light of the moon
Oh, oh, oh, Jokerman
So swiftly the sun sets in the sky
You rise up and say goodbye to no one
Fools rush in where angels fear to tread
Both of their futures, so full of dread, you don’t show one
Shedding off one more layer of skin
Keeping one step ahead of the persecutor within
Jokerman dance to the nightingale tune
Bird fly high by the light of the moon
Oh, oh, oh, Jokerman
You’re a man of the mountains, you can walk on the clouds
Manipulator of crowds, you’re a dream twister
You’re going to Sodom and Gomorrah
But what do you care? Ain’t nobody there would want to marry your sister
Friend to the martyr, a friend to the woman of shame
You look into the fiery furnace, see the rich man without any name
Jokerman dance to the nightingale tune
Bird fly high by the light of the moon
Oh, oh, oh, Jokerman
Well, the Book of Leviticus and Deuteronomy
The law of the jungle and the sea are your only teachers
In the smoke of the twilight on a milk-white steed
Michelangelo indeed could’ve carved out your features
Resting in the fields, far from the turbulent space
Half asleep near the stars with a small dog licking your face
Jokerman dance to the nightingale tune
Bird fly high by the light of the moon
Oh, oh, oh, Jokerman
Well, the rifleman’s stalking the sick and the lame
Preacherman seeks the same, who’ll get there first is uncertain
Nightsticks and water cannons, tear gas, padlocks
Molotov cocktails and rocks behind every curtain
False-hearted judges dying in the webs that they spin
Only a matter of time ’til night comes steppin’ in
Jokerman dance to the nightingale tune
Bird fly high by the light of the moon
Oh, oh, oh, Jokerman
It’s a shadowy world, skies are slippery grey
A woman just gave birth to a prince today and dressed him in scarlet
He’ll put the priest in his pocket, put the blade to the heat
Take the motherless children off the street
And place them at the feet of a harlot
Oh, Jokerman, you know what he wants
Oh, Jokerman, you don’t show any response
Jokerman dance to the nightingale tune
Bird fly high by the light of the moon
Oh, oh, oh, Jokerman
Gotta Serve Somebody - Bob Dylan

Might like to wear cotton, might like to wear silk
Might like to drink whiskey, might like to drink milk
You might like to eat caviar, you might like to eat bread
You may be sleeping on the floor, sleeping in a king-sized bed.

But you're gonna have to serve somebody, yes indeed
You're gonna have to serve somebody,
It may be the devil or it may be the Lord
But you're gonna have to serve somebody.
Lincoln Duncan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788970
Oct 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
That's ridiculous. He had a change of heart when it comes to abortion. That says a lot about him in the eyes of a lot of people. He always supported gays having legal and civil rights. Just like most people.
Mitt is on both sides of the abortion issue
Republican party has two nuts running for the Senate.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788971
Oct 30, 2012
 
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
your husband agrees with this?
you were better with Garfunkel.....
Nobama

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788972
Oct 30, 2012
 
Lincoln Duncan wrote:
<quoted text>
Mitt is on both sides of the abortion issue
Republican party has two nuts running for the Senate.
Democrats have a zombie running for the Senate in Pennsylvania....
carol

Orlando, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788973
Oct 30, 2012
 
Franklin Graham's Samaritan's Purse organization is sending 5 rigs full of equipment to help victims who need fallen trees removed and silt from their homes.

"Five rigs were packed with tools and equipment to help affected homeowners start to get their lives back together.

"'Hope' in this case takes the form of chain saws (16 per rig), generators, wheelbarrows for hauling debris out to the curb, and gallons of chemicals for treating for mold. There are also water pumps to remove water from a flooded basement, tarp for damaged roofs, all kinds of battery-operated equipment such as drills, and dozens of other items.

...This is how people help people. Government can only do so much and it's broke.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788974
Oct 30, 2012
 

Judged:

1

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>there was a time when we prepared and delivered meals to the local homeless shelter on a regular basis....a very satisfying experience that provided a direct connection to those in need...

then the shelter organization decided they either would or could no longer accept outside food and wanted only money.....so we decided to find other ways to contribute....
Bureaucracy gets in the way of both parties. We serve Lunch in the Park during the summer. Each summer it becomes more of a hassle - temperature monitoring, offering diabetic choices, etc. Kids out of school just want to eat.

We agree

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788975
Oct 30, 2012
 
Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>another beach community of former summer shacks, many of which had been winterized...not a smart place to live....

why the taxpayers are continually asked to fund reconstruction of homes in areas subject to flooding is beyond understanding.....
Such as it is along Rivers in the Midwest. After last flooding was there not legislation with insurance industry that changed where people could rebuild?
Nobama

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788978
Oct 30, 2012
 

Judged:

6

5

5

carol wrote:
Franklin Graham's Samaritan's Purse organization is sending 5 rigs full of equipment to help victims who need fallen trees removed and silt from their homes.
"Five rigs were packed with tools and equipment to help affected homeowners start to get their lives back together.
"'Hope' in this case takes the form of chain saws (16 per rig), generators, wheelbarrows for hauling debris out to the curb, and gallons of chemicals for treating for mold. There are also water pumps to remove water from a flooded basement, tarp for damaged roofs, all kinds of battery-operated equipment such as drills, and dozens of other items.
...This is how people help people. Government can only do so much and it's broke.
this requires people to work to help themselves, the right way....

if such equipment had been sent to New Orleans, the residents would have sold the chain saws and wheelbarrows to buy drugs....

“Too Ugly to Win”

Since: May 10

Old Hag Hillary

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788980
Oct 30, 2012
 

Judged:

7

7

6

kuda wrote:
Well, yesterday I asked everyone ti imagine Romney saying he was compassionate and then to try imagining him actually being compassionate.
Update:
Today we wound out. In Dayton, just north of Cincinnati, in the important swing State of Ohio where Mitt is behind Obama, he relabeled a campaign rally as a non-political relief event and then proceeded to use it as a political rally. He had McCain gave an anti-Obama speech, he passed out campaign t-shirts and he played his video campaign ad. He also used it as a photo op by collecting and personally carrying canned foods to ship to New Jersey (he seemed unsure of the destination), even though the Red Cross said it would complicate their mission and what they really need is money, not stuff.
This is basically a replay of Ryan’s unwelcome photo op at a soup kitchen in Youngstown Ohio a few weeks ago.
Mitt was repeatedly asked if he would privatize FEMA or delicate it to state level process, as he had asserted during his campaign, a reasonable question in view of the “relief” mission of his event and after Christy praising Obama for his effort to expedite FEMA in New Jersey. Mitt responded by totally ignoring the question, while smiling and posing as though he were deaf. Shame!
MIT ROMNEY:
- NOT PRESIDENTIAL BEHAVIOR
- NOT PRESIDENTIAL MATERIAL
- NOT PRESIDENTIAL
Everything that is numerically measurable has gotten worse under Obama…and not just a little, but considerably so. Everything we need costs more…. and everything we have is worth less.



This leaves only two reasons to vote for Obama….you are either an idiot or a racist.



Nobama

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788982
Oct 30, 2012
 

Judged:

5

5

5

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Bureaucracy gets in the way of both parties. We serve Lunch in the Park during the summer. Each summer it becomes more of a hassle - temperature monitoring, offering diabetic choices, etc. Kids out of school just want to eat.
We agree
the meals for the homeless shelter were prepared in accordance with recipes that they supplied....and we ate the same food for dinner that night......

people are much more likely to support such causes if they feel a direct connection and visible results, not just writing a check where the money goes for administrative overhead....
Nobama

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#788984
Oct 30, 2012
 

Judged:

6

6

6

Alloramadai wrote:
<quoted text>
Such as it is along Rivers in the Midwest. After last flooding was there not legislation with insurance industry that changed where people could rebuild?
don't know, but money spent to rebuild New Orleans is wasted because another flood is sure to occur....someday......

government aid in such cases should be limited to buying the land and permanently removing it from the housing market.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 730,981 - 731,000 of1,077,874
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

92 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 4 min Terry rigsby 48,821
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 14 min LRS 174,410
Abby 7-22 35 min Cass 5
Voice of God Weapon 36 min I Told U Not 2 Emulate ME 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 44 min RACE 97,508
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 52 min Drone me 1,852
Cheap Tomatoes 52 min Straw Boss 2
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chicago
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••