Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...
Comments
730,921 - 730,940 of 1,096,108 Comments Last updated 15 min ago
redwhiteblue01

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
government cannot create jobs....except for government jobs....
I thought Romney as president said he would create jobs. Are you calling him a liar?
Logic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
"was"
How do propose Romney save those jobs?
Freeport could have done more to keep those jobs there than Romney.
All he had to do was pick up the phone and make one phone to his buddies at Bain and worked it out with his great magic job creating skills
redwhiteblue01

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Stoneman wrote:
Less than a week to go before we can start sending packing boxes to the Occupy White House bums!
They will wake up a week from Wednesday and know they are a failure. The charade couldn't last.
And all the liberal nitwits who have been gloating about their lot in life can crawl back under the rock they emerged from four years ago.
We aren't paying their way anymore.
If Romney wins, go out in buy a Ice scraper cause hell freezing over. Sorry Burt and ernie your civil unions will end.
redwhiteblue01

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Remember this folks..at the end of the game the king and the pawn go in the same box.

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

new yawk wrote:
Sure, but aging 15 years in 4?
65? Well, that leaves her out for a 2016 run.
She has the money to consider cosmetic surgery to reverse that haggardness she's carrying on her face, lest Billy Boy goes and finds himself another sweet young thang.
Hillary stayed with the cheatin' bastard to advance her political career. Well, her biznezz.
Respect? Debatable.
As one of the hardest working Secretary of State she received little appreciation, and alot of wear and tear to show for it on her face. Pretty thankless job if you ask me.
Ask Condi Rice. Now Condi, I have great respect for.
She's All Class.
And surpasses Hillary in intelligence, integrity and grace, IMO.
<quoted text>
It's no surprise that you prefer the Republican style of coverup to the Democratic variety.

But all class?
Puh-leeze.
She's been an enthusiastic kisser of white-boy ass for 40 years.
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

redwhiteblue01 wrote:
<quoted text>You got to call me names now.I thought we were Obamabuds !HA
How insulting...to think I could support Obama after 4 years of Obamafailure!

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

redwhiteblue01 wrote:
<quoted text>I thought Romney as president said he would create jobs. Are you calling him a liar?
All Romney promised to do is create 4 million jobs in his first term, that is totally on par with the natural growth rate with population growth. So in otherwords it would happen even if you elected Chairman Mao, a total bs promise as Obama can make the same promise.

What he LIES about is him making any policies that will create one extra job on top of the 4 million. If he cuts taxes and the debt rises then its back to the future with Romney, the USA will actually grow more debt. I don't think that is what the Tea people had in mind.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Neo Voter wrote:
I love propaganda the Dems are spewing that Obama is ahead. Just another pack of lies from the Dem losers.
Republicans won't look at or read the real polls. Cherry picking

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>What did we make up about Obama? Be specific.
#1. Apology Tour
brown eyes

Salem, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Mitt Romney is similar to Richard Nixon, full of lies.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

redwhiteblue01 wrote:
<quoted text>I thought Romney as president said he would create jobs. Are you calling him a liar?
by creating consumer confidence and a favorable business environment.....and repealing Obamacare.....

unemployment would be lower today if Obama had done nothing whatsoever.....
downhill246

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Logic wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess Romney's comments on the 47% is a false claim. I guess Romney's support for Atkin and Mourdock are also false claims. We also can add Romney turning his back on 170 workers pleas who begged him to save their jobs is another false claim. Romney killing jobs Bain is another false claim. And Romney hiding his taxes is another false claim? Right.
Obama's auto bailout ws great for the unions but he threw 20,000 Delphi workers under the bus.

Romney's Bain is success story ,Obama's Solyndra is a failure story.
Nobama

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Logic wrote:
<quoted text>
All he had to do was pick up the phone and make one phone to his buddies at Bain and worked it out with his great magic job creating skills
"creating" jobs that have no function and are not economically viable is exactly the problem with the Obama comic book economics....
Nobama

Allentown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

redwhiteblue01 wrote:
<quoted text> If Romney wins, go out in buy a Ice scraper cause hell freezing over. Sorry Burt and ernie your civil unions will end.
the voters in each state should make the decision on homosexual "marriage"....

“I'm here with bells on.”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
the voters in each state should make the decision on homosexual "marriage"....
Individuals should make the decision on homosexual marriage...If you don't want a homosexual marriage, don't marry a homosexual.

Pretty simple, really.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Mitch McConnell and John Boehner’s strategy worked

...Obama ran for president promising to break the gridlock and overcome the partisanship that paralyzes Washington. But it wasn’t up to him. The minority won’t cooperate with the majority unless they see it’s in their interests. And the Republican minority didn’t see it that way.

“The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president,” Mitch McConnell said.“The purpose of the minority is to become the majority,” said Rep. Pete Sessions, head of the National Republican Campaign Committee.

These endorsements are proving Republicans right. As they show, the Republican strategy to deny the president any cooperation and make his Washington a depressing and dysfunctional place has done Obama enormous political damage. In that way, the endorsements get the situation backwards.

While it’s true that President Romney could expect more cooperation from congressional Republicans, in the long term, a vote against Obama on these grounds is a vote for more of this kind of gridlock. Politicians do what wins them elections. If this strategy wins Republicans the election, they’ll employ it next time they face a Democratic president, too, and congressional Democrats will use it against the next Republicans. Rewarding the minority for doing everything in their power to make the majority fail sets up disastrous incentives for the political system.

There are good reasons to endorse Mitt Romney for president. But if you want the political system to work more smoothly, endorsing McConnell and Boehner’s strategy over the last four years is folly.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klei...
Carter

Pompano Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

brown eyes wrote:
Mitt Romney is similar to Richard Nixon, full of lies.
Many people believe that you and Obama are the biggest liars, and this validates it.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

To be fair, it’s very unlikely Romney would defund FEMA as president. He was simply doing what he often does—pandering to a particular audience.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/10...

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>most folks can manage for themselves....

welfare bums sit around waiting for FEMA handouts....
MOST people don't have their homes totally destroyed by natural disaster. Sounds like a sidewinding Republican speaking.
Lincoln Duncan

Griffin, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
by creating consumer confidence and a favorable business environment.....and repealing Obamacare.....
unemployment would be lower today if Obama had done nothing whatsoever.....
Romney FEMA silence.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Whiny1 4,640
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr LRS 176,797
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr andet1987 4,633
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 1 hr andet1987 557
Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Ace 49,265
Abby 8-15 1 hr Kuuipo 19
Ferguson police shoot another black unarmed man! 2 hr Hoodies Skittles ... 24
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Toj 97,823

Search the Chicago Forum:
•••