Barack Obama, our next President

Full story: Hampton Roads Daily Press

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Comments (Page 36,534)

Showing posts 730,661 - 730,680 of1,072,050
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“What goes around, comes around”

Since: Sep 08

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Gunner wrote:
Ugh.
Indoctrinated lib-kids sing about how horrible the world will be if we don’t reelect Obama
Apparently this was put together by a San Francisco ad team that believes Romney will kill the planet or something. It’s a horrible song and it’s the left using kids that have no idea what they are really promoting to push their leftist agenda.
Watch:
Let’s Make These Children Cry
http://theothermccain.com/2012/10/27/lets-mak...
Shades of Nazi Youth Camp.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>SAN CLEMENTE, CALIF.—For most of her 100 years, Minka Disbrow tried to find out what became of the precious baby girl she gave up for adoption after being raped as a teen.
She hoped, but never imagined, she’d see her Betty Jane again.
The cruel act of violence bore in Disbrow an enduring love for the child. She kept a black and white photograph of the baby bundled in blankets and tucked inside a basket.
It was the last she saw of the girl — until the phone rang in her California apartment in 2006 with the voice of an Alabama man and a story she could have only dreamed.
http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/110...
From the comments:

What I choose not to judge is someone's motivations for having an abortion. It is very easy to dismiss the reasons as "oh, well, she just didn't want the kid" or "it was just inconvenient for her to be pregnant." But the reasons might not always be that simple and I choose not to judge until I have learned all the facts. But I support legalized choice because the alternative is to reduce women to the status of "property" once they become pregnant. The fact of the matter is that, regardless of the law, desperate women will always find ways to end their pregnancies and if we make abortion illegal, then some of these women will die in back alley butcheries. Did you think of that? I don't think I will ever fathom the conservative psyche, which puts the life of a potential human being before the life of a breathing, living, thinking human being. Especially when many of these conservatives cry foul whenever measures are put in place (such as socialized healthcare, daycare etc.) that might actually encourage more women to keep their babies. Until the anti-choice movement shows as much concern for the "born" as they do for the "unborn", I think you will still remain a minority opinion.
GOD IS 4 THE REPUBLICANS

Woodbridge, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

redwhiteblue01 wrote:
<quoted text> Hey , your forum name is a bit out there don,t you think? God probably didn't endorse Romney, based on telling lies and more lies.Maybe confession oh that's right he's a Mormon. Poor Clint the republicans put him out there. So the world now know how bad his dementia is getting.
Terms "Left" and "Right": A little Bible study

Remember what Jesus said:'Goats on the left,
sheep on the right'.

To Peter,'if you want to catch fish do it from the
right side of the boat. They did and filled the boat.

Origins of Left and Right...I have often wondered why it is that Conservatives are called the "right" and Liberals are called the "left”.

By chance I stumbled upon this verse in the Bible:
"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2 (NIV)
Thus sayeth the Lord. Amen.

Can't get any simpler than that.

Spelling Lesson
The last four letters in American... I Can
The last four letters in Republican...I Can
The last four letters in Democrats...Rats
End of lesson.

Civics Test to follow on November 6, 2012

Remember,November is to be set aside as rodent removal month.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
What apology tour?
Which fact checker would you like? Politifact? FactCheck? American Conservative? This is the internet. Where truncated quotes can fact checked for full context.
But I agree with the rest of that paragraph. The second wanders into opinion, which I care not to take as the gospel until we know the full story.
What Happened in Benghazi
Though I am in no way a fan of President Obama’s foreign and security policies, the flailing that the Republican Party is engaging in at the moment to demonstrate some kind of cover-up in the aftermath of the Benghazi attack reveals a complete lack of understanding of how intelligence collection and analysis works. David Ignatius explores the subject in an op-ed,“CIA documents supported Susan Rice’s description of Benghazi attacks.”
Ignatius observes that intelligence is developed when something happens and that evidence is frequently “fragmentary and conflicting.” While there may be such a thing as incontrovertible facts relating to any incident, that solid information is something that frequently cannot be easily discerned. Ignatius notes that Republicans have been beating Obama over the head most recently with the assertion that there was a CIA Station Chief cable the day after the killing of the ambassador that indicated that the attack had been planned and organized by a militant group. But I would bet that there were at least 15 other reports that went out the same day that provided alternative scenarios. If you intercept a cell phone call in which someone is claiming credit for organizing an attack, is he speaking the truth or is he boasting and trying to take credit for some reason or other? If a source in a militia is claiming that he knows who ordered the attack, does he have an agenda that is driving his claim? All of that has to be sorted out, which takes time and cross checking.
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/intell...
We're talking about the Apology Tour Obama made when he went around the world insulting the United States.
It couldn't have been more of an Apology Tour if Obama was holding a sign saying "I'm sorry" in one hand, and a tin cup in the other.

Yup, that apology tour, dufus.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going to ask the same question the Americans dying in Benghazi asked ... and was recorded for us to listen to today:
Where's the Spectre?(That's the AC-130 gunship deployed in Libya for this exact reason.)
Why was the Spectre not deployed to the fight?
The Spectre was there for this exact reason.
The Force Recon Marines in Sigonella were there for this exact reason.
Why weren't they put into the fight?
So, you wanted to fly around a city & pound it with gunfire.

Just shoot the one's wearing the baseball caps with "terrorist" on the bill.

I realize that a revisionist historian & military expert like yourself thinks they know more than the military commanders.

I have news, you don't know sh*t.

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
No they are not all Dems. I work with rap musicians on a daily basis who have little love for Obama. But the stay at home thing would apply to most of them. They also have little love for Republicans.
You notice I didn't say 'conservatives'? Most black folks are conservatives in more ways than one.
I'm sure that's true.
redwhiteblue01

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

sonicfilter wrote:
Mitt Romney Refuses To Talk About FEMA After Hurricane Sandy Event
"Gov you've been asked 14 times, why are you refusing to answer the question?"
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/30/mitt...
He doesn't answer the questions, because he always puts his foot in his mouth. His campaign manager told him not to say anything after saying Chrysler moving out the country.Don't want to lose any more voteres.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The decision not to send in the military was made by the military.
I love how you have a fit because of the death of 4 Americans due to attacks from terrorists yet defend these same terrorists. You prefer to allow these people to continue to act against the US until we can arrest therm & hold therm for trial.
There is little difference between a US citizen hiding in Yemen directing attacks against US citizens & a sniper in a clock tower. The sniper is taken out by SWAT.
But hey, a real law enforcement person would know this.
The terrorists should have been taken out by the AC-130 Spectre that someone in the White House ordered to stay away.

Who was that person?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

carol wrote:
<quoted text>
They "got left holding the bag" thanks to government spending out of control.$6 trillion more in just the past four years.
What did you find so objectionable about this song that you said they were being abused? Everything in the song is true. They are the children of the future; stuck with all our messes. Truth hurts doesn't it? The song blames all of us.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
COMMANDER IN CHIEF is a military rank, dufus.
Obama IS in the military, dufus.
He's the goddam Commander in Chief, dufus.
I'd like to see what would have happened if that Force Recon unit in Sigonella, Italy, were put into the fight.
Marine Force Recon will be armed and ready to deploy 10 minutes after waking them.
Why were they stood down?
And who told Susan Rice what to say all over the television networks and at the UN?
It obviously wasn't Obama.
Who's the person in the White House making the decisions the president should be making?
The decision was made by the regional commander you GD dufus.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
We're talking about the Apology Tour Obama made when he went around the world insulting the United States.
It couldn't have been more of an Apology Tour if Obama was holding a sign saying "I'm sorry" in one hand, and a tin cup in the other.
Yup, that apology tour, dufus.
FOX truncated quotes.

Not that you're one to worry about ethics. That would blow up your whole shtick.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

Nobama wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah....Joe Biden contributed $2.00....his entire charity budget for the year....
So, you're 80? Wow.

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, you have the right to your opinion; but you don't really know. I could very well say the same thing about Bush; remember when he prohibited photos of the flag draped coffins? Bush didn't attend any of the funerals or meet the coffins arrivals back to the States.
From what I have seen about President Obama and the First Lady; they are very caring and compassionate people who care deeply for veterans and the families of the deceased.
Well, it would be nice if you were right.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

abbynormall wrote:
<quoted text>
Shades of Nazi Youth Camp.
Not at all. Have you seen the Jesus Camp videos?
new yawk

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

O Pulllleeeezzzzee!

Nothing but talk AFTER his display of incompetence or dissociative disorder.

So, what does he want? A medal? Another Nobel Peace Prize for admitting ( after he had no choice ), that he was ultimately responsible. Besides, better he should have said:
"I am ultimately responsible for being nonresponsive which led to the four Americans who were killed".

THAT would have been a more accurate and honest statement.

There is NU-THING that he can say that can walk back the anger I and so many other Americans feel toward him regarding this tragedy that DID NOT have to ocurr. NU-THING.

And the more I discuss it, the more disdain and contempt I feel for him.
So, I am going to stop discussing it now.

Now repeat your mantra regarding Republicans and Healthcare:

"Let Them Die" with a revised concept directed at The Benghazi Tragedy.
<quoted text>
President Barack Obama said for the first time on Tuesday that he ultimately was responsible for the safety of four Americans who were killed in Libya last month, but denounced as "offensive" Republican charges that the White House initially resisted labeling the incident a terrorist attack.
The suggestion that anybody in my team, whether the secretary of state, our U.N. ambassador, anybody on my team would play politics or mislead when we've lost four of our own, governor, is offensive," Mr. Obama said. "That's not what we do."
The debate followed interviews given Monday by Secretary of State Hillary Clinton, where she defended the White House's actions in Libya and said the State Department was in charge of security at the consulate in Benghazi.
However, Mr. Obama said: "I'm the president. And I'm always responsible
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

A natural disaster is a good time to reflect on what we need to do to avoid an unnatural disaster. Right now, that’s clearer than ever—don’t allow Mitt Romney to become president. When asked about FEMA in the primary debates, Mitt said responsibility for disaster relief should be foisted onto the states. How would you like to be in a life threatening situation, and be depending on Rick Scott or Jan Brewer for help? Evidently Mitt was concerned that wasn’t crazy enough for base, because he added “And if you can go even further, and send it back to the private sector, that’s even better.” Got that? If you’re flooded, call Goldman Sachs! Mitt wants for-profit disaster relief! Mitt, there are already private-sector people taking part in disaster relief—those slime-balls who do things like sell bottled water for $10 a bottle. Mitt wants that on a corporate scale

Randi Rhodes
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

redwhiteblue01 wrote:
<quoted text>
He doesn't answer the questions, because he always puts his foot in his mouth. His campaign manager told him not to say anything after saying Chrysler moving out the country.Don't want to lose any more voteres.
I wonder who's vote Mitt was trying to get with that one? The Chrysler workers who didn't read Chrysler's blog post ripping Mitt a new one?

Yeah, I'd say he lost votes on that one. Add in the October Surprise and there ya go.

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

<quoted text>
Why do you think he won't reveal them?
I think it's because he feels (knows) the democrats will use his wealth against him, and even if there is no impropriety, they will pretend there is. I think it would be used in the class warfare the president is fostering. "He's got so much more than me...no fair."

I think the opposing party can't find any real dirt on him and want to manufacture a problem. If he has ONE subtraction or addition that is a few cents off, they would scream to the rafters that it was a coverup.

That's why I think he won't release them...he could be squeaky clean but those forms are so complicated, someone could convince a low-info voter there was something nefarious going on with them.

Now, why do you think Obama won't release a non-threatening thing such as his school records and admission forms, especially in the face of so much being offered to the charity of his choice?

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Florida wrote:
<quoted text>When Clinton Lied... America Died...
-
Not only have you War Mongering Liberals killed most of the population of the world from wars liberals started in the past century, liberals continue their killing spree in Afghanistan...
-
Osama Bin Laden was made in the USA...(by Bill Clinton)
-
"It was a hard choice, but I think, we think, it's worth it."
-
Secretary of State Madeleine Albright's response to a May 11, 1996 60 Minutes question about the over half million children killed by Iraqi sanctions ordered by the Clinton Administration against the Muslim people of Iraq...
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
-
"You may remember that the U.S.-led sanctions against Iraq led to the death of over half a million Iraqi children. This has been documented by the United Nations," said Imam Fiesal Abdul Rauf, who called himself a spokesman for Islam...
-
Over a half million Muslim children died as a result of Madeleine Albright and Bill Clinton's warmongering poison imposed on Iraq...
-
"We tend to forget, in the West, that the United States has more Muslim blood on its hands than Al Qaeda has on its hands of innocent non-Muslims," said Imam Fiesal Abdul Rauf...
-
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/manhattan/...
-
Bill Clinton escalated and intensified the hatred and anger from global Muslim's worldwide towards the USA and Clinton started WWW III... with the Muslim world...
-
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Bill Clinton's War Mongering, Lewinsky Fever and Foreign Policy Failures created Global Muslim Terror and Hell upon the World and are paybacks upon the USA...
-
The War Mongering Sickness and Poison of Unconscious Liberalism
I love the way you righties re-write history & leave the good bits out. It was Reagan who gave support to the Taliban, infact he invited their leaders to the whitehouse. He was the one who created Bin Laden NOT Clinton. As Bin Laden was supporting the Taliban at the time and taking US arms & weapons to fight the soviets via the CIA.

The next biggest myth you righties come up with is Clinton's missed opportunity to get Bin Laden. But what you fail to include in your Glen Beck re-write of history. Clinton sought a confirmation from the FBI that Bin Laden was behind the attacks on US interests and the FBI would NOT confirm that for him. So he did not procede with the opportunity to take him out.

As for the Iraq sanctions this was a UNITED NATIONS effort, not the US as they would be totally useless if it was only the US sanctions. So another re-write of history. There was NO action that Clinton took to incite Muslim resentment. This started WAY back in the early 50's when US & English rule dominated the middle east by installing puppet governments or propping up dictators all in aid of commercial interests. Nothing to do with any high moral ground it was powerful Governments imposing their will on another country for Oil companies. That is where the resentment came from which was anti western not just the US, because the English, French were also heavily involved. So basically it comes down to this, the ONLY things you right wing nut jobs can pin on any Democratic president other than inheriting Wars when coming into office is their womanising. That's it! No Watergates, NO Drugs for Arms deals, NO Stockmarket collapses, etc etc. These all occur under a Republican's watch.

America remembers Republicans in power, thats why Obama will get another term.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Not at all. Have you seen the Jesus Camp videos?
Tea Party youth 'orientation' camps.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 730,661 - 730,680 of1,072,050
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

66 Users are viewing the Chicago Forum right now

Search the Chicago Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 11 min JOEL COOL DUDE 68,153
Last word + 2 (Mar '12) 12 min Hatti_Hollerand 394
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 37 min Rogue Scholar 05 173,602
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 45 min ritedownthemiddle 45,466
Blood on the Fourth of July 1 hr reality is a crutch 1
Amy 7-11 1 hr Kuuipo 9
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr voice of peace 67,529
•••
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chicago News, Events & Info